Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• psychotronpsychotron Member Posts: 1

Hopefully new Accord owner here. Have an offer for Accord Sedan V6 Touring in TX for $29550. Looking at $31762 OTD. Thoughts?

• willdianewilldiane Member Posts: 1

Hello all. I am currently in the market for a Honda Accord LX CVT in the MD, VA area. I sent emails out to various dealers with this as an initial price "$18,369 which includes destination and processing fee but excludes taxes, tags, and license" I assumed I would get back counters since this is 3250 below invoice. Got an email back from College Park Honda in MD stating they accept the deal and when can we come in. Has anyone in the MD, VA area gotten a price like this? I am thinking they are just trying to get me to dealership and pull a fast one or something. Thanks for any insight.

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

College Park Honda has been known to play games or change pricing once your in there showroom.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• bridge12219bridge12219 Member Posts: 2

@brian125 said:
    Good deal............................ post the name of the dealership.

Goudy Honda

• vtwondervtwonder Member Posts: 11

Just bought an Accord EX CVT at Rensselaer Honda in Troy, NY. Breakdown as follow:

Purchase price including destination 22350
    Loyalty cash 500
    Doc fee 75
    0.9% financing with American Honda Fiaance

Net = 22350 - 500 + 75 = 21925 + TTL

Happy to do business with Rensselaer Honda. Second vehicle purchased from this dealership within six years. Internet salesperson Mike is very easy to work with. Straightforward and helpful.

I am from Vermont and the dealers in Vermont and Northern NY are not competitive in pricing. I sent out about 8 emails to dealers in NY state on 7/28 to get quote. Mohawk Honda from Scotia (near Albany) NY had the best quote -- at 22060 before loyalty cash. I called them on 7/31 to close the deal and agreed to a sales price of 21960 including destination and before the 500 loyalty cash. I put down a deposit using my credit card and had them emailed me the bill of sales. That was 11am. They told me they would email me the bill of sales in 2 hours. Around 2pm, I called them again and they said they were very busy and would email me the bill of sales soon. Then I was tied up with work and did not call them again. Around 7:30pm, they called me that they made a mistake stating the 21960 sales price is for Manual transmission and they wanted 700 more for Automatic. Of course I was furious as the quote I received from them originally was for Automatic. I told them the deal was off. Because it was so late in the day I did not have time to call other dealers trying to buy on the last day of July. So I ended up buying from Rensselaer Honda instead on 8/11 as I need the car and can't wait until the end of August.

Lessons learned for me is if the dealer can't email me the bill of sales within 60 to 90 minutes after I put down a deposit with a credit card, then should cancel the deal and move on to the next dealer.

Stay away from Mohawk Honda for those of you who are going thru Internet sales in the Albany NY area.

Thanks to everyone in the forum and especially brian125 for all the valuable information.

edited August 2014

vtwonder

Excellent post!!!!! it will help our upstate members and confirm what I talk about with pricing. When I buy any vehicle if dealerships can not fax over to me the bill of sale you will never see me in there showroom unless dealer is a quick drive away from my home. 1 hour is more than enough time to send the buyers order via fax. Unless dealer is telling you they are very busy in the back offices..... Good job pointing that out

Mohawk has done right by many members who I sent to them. @vtwonder, I will take note of what you said and put them on the watch list ....................... Thanks for sharing

enjoy your new Accord

• rdx08rdx08 Member Posts: 8

Hi, I am looking to buy by the end of the month in North East Ohio.

To contact dealers, google Honda dealerships, go to each dealer website and collect their email or phone. Is there a faster and easier way ?

Thanks!

edited August 2014

yes. while your asking for prices find out how much each dealerships doc fee charge is ? make a list of targeted dealerships then work on getting your best deal .

• mlo79mlo79 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All - I'm hopefully finalizing a deal later today for a 2014 Accord V6 EX-L w/ Navi. I am located in New York and working with Middletown Honda. I shopped around 4/5 dealerships in NY/NJ and they had the most attractive deal, even though they didn't have the exact car on the lot (modern steel w/ black). The invoice according to this site is $30,417. Here is the deal they have offered:

Selling price: $28,461
    Registration $175/inspection $10/title $5 doc fee $75 : $265 total
    Tax: $2,324.96
    OTD: $31,050.96

I would take the 0.9% financing for 60 months (no brainer!)

I'm just under $2k below invoice. Is this a good deal in NY? I understand that the deals in NY/NJ have not been as attractive as other areas in the country. Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks!!
  • thisiztra08thisiztra08 Member Posts: 21

Hello everyone!

I am in the market to get a 2014 Honda Accord V6 EX-L without Navigation. A couple weekends ago I had a really bad experience with a salesman who obviously was trying to screw me over (will be writing a reveiw soon) by adding in extras after he had already told me the extras were optional. My question is, have any of you been forced or told you had to buy what honda calls their Environmental Plan and the Nitro Fill package for your tires? The Environmental Plan which is about $399 extra is basically an exterior up-keep for your car. And the Nitro Fill which was about $199 extra is for your tires along with some road side assistance stuff. I opted out of it because I didn't feel it was necessary. The salesman expected me to buy it, but after we had negotiated a deal on the price, he tried to add it in on the end, and then came back and gave me two options- either I had to buy the extras and they wouldn't take my trade (BS!!!!) or they would take my trade and I didn't have to add in the extras. Super crazy right??? Clearly I walked away because I felt that was just ridiculous! But my question is, have most of you been given this option or are you being told you have to get it? Also, is there room to negotiate the destination fees?

I'm headed back out to antoher dealership tomorrow and I want to know these things ahead of time so I can go in knowing the deal!

@mlo79 said:
    Hi All - I'm hopefully finalizing a deal later today for a 2014 Accord V6 EX-L w/ Navi. I am located in New York and working with Middletown Honda. I shopped around 4/5 dealerships in NY/NJ and they had the most attractive deal, even though they didn't have the exact car on the lot (modern steel w/ black). The invoice according to this site is $30,417. Here is the deal they have offered:

Selling price: $28,461
    Registration $175/inspection $10/title $5 doc fee $75 : $265 total
    Tax: $2,324.96
    OTD: $31,050.96

I would take the 0.9% financing for 60 months (no brainer!)

I'm just under $2k below invoice. Is this a good deal in NY? I understand that the deals in NY/NJ have not been as attractive as other areas in the country. Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks!!

You are working on a good deal. On your model invoice w/ destination included is $30,162 and not 30,417. lowering your above deal another 255 dollars.. Have you emailed Friendly Honda might be worth a call. New Rochelle, and Yonkers are also close by.

edited August 2014

thisiztra08,

Environmental plan and Nitro fill is not something you pay for. Good job walking out. Dealer is looking to make another 500 dollars.

The destination fee of 790 is not negotiable . All consumers pay this charge for vehicle shipping from port.

Any dealer option packages put on vehicles are put on for more dealer cash in his pocket. If there is a vehicle in negotiation w/ added accessories you make it clear to the salesman. I don't want these added options. Tell dealer they have 2 choices if they want your business.

1- Find me the same vehicle without any options. Might not be feasible this time of the year.

2- Sell me this vehicle But with accessories at your dealers cost. If any dealer wont meet your request get up and walk out. Let them sucker some else. In your case those added items or plans are not even added accessories just dealer gouging you for more cash..

A environment plan for $399 / Nitro in tires for $199 are BS.. You did the right thing by walking out. Loose that dealers name and number please.. Do not pay 1 dollar for any of that crap you mentioned. Nitro in tires 199........... lol... what moron would agree to this???

If there were dealer installed splash guards , door edge , truck mat. etc. getting these items close to invoice pricing would be worth it. Again if there are to many dealer installed items on your model and dealer wont budge coming close to invoice pricing on accessories........ you walk.

Good luck in your search.

• lss3lss3 Member Posts: 7

Hi All,
    I stay in NJ and have been reaching out to dealers for the past couple of weeks. Most dealers (Auto sport, paramus, oldbridge, garden state) in NJ are quoting 1330 to 1750 below invoice for LX CVT model. Planet honda is quoting 2181 below invoice. None of them are ready to provide a bill of sale via fax or email.

Hamilton Honda, whom I reached out after @brian125 suggested earlier provided me a detailed quote with selling price being 2375 below invoice after adjusting for their doc fee. They are however charging me 449 for wheel locks , splash guards and trunk tray which i suspect is atleast $250 higher than invoice. That would make their selling price effectively 2125 below invoice. They have agreed to send me a bill of sale if I do a credit card hold. After reading @vtwonder 's post I am not sure though.

I had just one question. If I put in a credit card deposit and the dealer does not send the bill of sale as promised, how do I get out of the deal. Does the dealer reverse the transaction or do i need to call my credit card company? At this point I think I will go ahead with the purchase if they send me a bill of sale.

I read a few articles that Accord 2015 is being shipped or has arrived at the dealers. Does anyone know how this would effect the price if it were true?

• jeffreyb3jeffreyb3 Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2014

Purchased yesterday a 2014 Accord Coupe EX-L (without navigation). List price: $29,135; Invoice: $26,869 (incl $790 Destination Fee), Paid $24,318 ($2,551 less than invoice) plus Doc Fee of $699 (standard in FL and non-negotiable) Net savings of $1,852. Rejected add-on package (nitrogen tires, mud flaps, etc. of $850.) Felt I got a very good deal. Cash, no finance.
    Dealer was Coggon Honda of Ft. Pierce. Salesperson was Linda F[non-permissible content removed]. Appears to be good people to deal with who want to sell cars. I would recommend them to anyone in the southern fl area. Had to do some haggling on my trade in, but got a fair price. Wasn't worth it to have the hassle of selling on my own.

@brian125 said:
    thisiztra08,

Environmental plan and Nitro fill is not something you pay for. Good job walking out. Dealer is looking to make another 500 dollars.

The destination fee of 790 is not negotiable . All consumers pay this charge for vehicle shipping from port.

Any dealer option packages put on vehicles are put on for more dealer cash in his pocket. If there is a vehicle in negotiation w/ added accessories you make it clear to the salesman. I don't want these added options. Tell dealer they have 2 choices if they want your business.

1- Find me the same vehicle without any options. Might not be feasible this time of the year.

2- Sell me this vehicle But with accessories at your dealers cost. If any dealer wont meet your request get up and walk out. Let them sucker some else. In your case those added items or plans are not even added accessories just dealer gouging you for more cash..

A environment plan for $399 / Nitro in tires for $199 are BS.. You did the right thing by walking out. Loose that dealers name and number please.. Do not pay 1 dollar for any of that crap you mentioned. Nitro in tires 199........... lol... what moron would agree to this???

If there were dealer installed splash guards , door edge , truck mat. etc. getting these items close to invoice pricing would be worth it. Again if there are to many dealer installed items on your model and dealer wont budge coming close to invoice pricing on accessories........ you walk.

Good luck in your search.

@‌ brian125

Brian thanks for your feedback! I wanted to make sure that I wasn't being unrealistic by saying to the dealers that I won't be getting this extra stuff, as they make it seem like it's impossible. Speaking of the salesman that tried to sell me on this BS, he called me this evening to follow up from 2 weeks ago. I clearly let him know that I would be looking elsewhere this weekend. He still kept saying I walked away from a good deal and I had to let him know that was NOT the best deal and they clearly tried to get over on me. I think because I'm a female and was by myself, he just knew I would be a pushover! SMH!

Tomorrow I'll be speaking with 2 other dealerships as I've already received quotes from their Internet Sales Managers. I do have another quick question about negotiations. One dealer quoted me $26,108 without fees. Market value for this vehicle in my area (Houston, TX) is $27,046. I would really like for my out the door price to be between $27,000- $27,500 honestly, as a couple weeks ago I got a quote for $25,900. How low do you think I can go without being unrealistic?

Thanks!

edited August 2014

lss3,

As the 2014 models are limited you may find more dealers going close to or a little over the 2k below invoice mark. These vehicle will have dealer installed options helping them put a few more dollars back in there pocket. getting these accessories as close to invoice price will compensate you and your deal. Dealers that wont budge you need to walk away..

Your numbers in NJ are quite good. Have dealership fax over the bill of sale. Once you reviewed the sale price and all the numbers add up..... Sign it / fax it back to the dealership.. You have just bought yourself a vehicle from the comfort of your own home.. Good job. Now you could Call back the dealer and give him a credit card deposit. Tell dealer to call you when the vehicle is ready you will pick up. Give dealership the fax numbers to your ins. company and give your ins. co. the dealers info so they could process your car.

Not many folks can do the Bill of sale fax and buy a car from there home . If you are inexperience at car negotiating its hard. 90% of my buying is done this way.

edited August 2014

thisiztra08

Okay lets keep this simple with pricing. On the EXL V6, No Nav, Invoice with destination is

Your target price In TX. for this vehicle should be after subtracting the dealers doc fee charge

1800 to 2200 below dealers invoice price with the higher number being achieved at the very end of the month. You will need one of your targeted dealers to be looking to meet there end of the month sales quota to get that price.{ 2200 } if your lucky enough.

From what you posted above you are looking at very good numbers right now at 26,108. Unless the destination charge was not included in this price. then you would add the 790 onto this price putting this deal at 1644 below dealers invoice price.. This price excludes taxes, tags and dealers doc fee charge.

Add the dealers doc fee charge onto the 26,108, then minus that number off the vehicles invoice price of 28,542 for your real buying number. Don't forget I have included the 790 dest/ charge already into the 28,542.. Do you understand what I'm saying to you with price..

edited August 2014

Please explain how the dealer is coming up with 25,900. On what model? Was there any price breakdown in this emailed quote. I would assume that the 790 destination charge was not added to this price yet. Making that price of 25,900 going up to 26,690... Something smells fishy on this number..

Re- visit details via email, or call dealership. While you are in talks with them find out how much there dealerships doc fee charge is???

edited August 2014

@jeffreyb3 said:
    Purchased yesterday a 2014 Accord Coupe EX-L (without navigation). List price: $29,135; Invoice: $26,869 (incl $790 Destination Fee), Paid $24,318 ($2,551 less than invoice) plus Doc Fee of $699 (standard in FL and non-negotiable) Net savings of $1,852. Rejected add-on package (nitrogen tires, mud flaps, etc. of $850.) Felt I got a very good deal. Cash, no finance.
    Dealer was Coggon Honda of Ft. Pierce. Salesperson was Linda F[non permissible content removed]. Appears to be good people to deal with who want to sell cars. I would recommend them to anyone in the southern fl area. Had to do some haggling on my trade in, but got a fair price. Wasn't worth it to have the hassle of selling on my own.

Jeff............... Good job. A trade and buy can be frustrating with a lot of dealerships. Enjoy your new Honda its a great vehicle.

@brian125‌

I understand what you are saying Brian. Thanks for that feedback. I am trying to come up with my out the door price so I can eliminate some time tomorrow. Here is what I am working with.

2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (no navigation) Automatic: Houston, TX

-MSRP= $31,415
    -True Market Value= $27,046
    -Other fees= Destination ($790), sales tax (about $1,600), Inventory Tax ($60), Doc Fee ($125), License Fee ($65.00) and Inspection & Title ($62.00)= $2700 (rounded)

I plan to do a trade. I have a 2000 Honda Civic with about $185,000 miles on it. Not expecting to get much, but when I did an appraisal via edmunds, it said the most I could probably get through the dealer was about $900. The last dealership I went to tried to only give me $500 but I eventually got them to give me $1,000. I shot for more but because my air just recently went out and I have a check engine light on, that kind of went against me, so I was fine with $1,000. It would be great if I could get $1500. My car still looks very good, so we will see on that.

Because I want this complete package to work in my favor, I was going to start my price at $25,046, add in the extra fees (+2700)= $27,746. If I get at least $1,000 for my trade that would put me at $26,746. Should I start a little lower with my proposed based price (before fees) to give myself some wiggle room, or is this low enough? I have no problem proposing a lower price but I just want to make sure I'm being realistic at the same time. With it being close the end of the month, as well as the Labor Day weekend, I want to secure the absolute best deal!

Oops, on that last sentence I meant to say "with it being close to the Labor Day weekend". Not quite there yet! Lol!

edited August 2014

I'm confused now.. you posted 2 different models .I was looking at your deal with sedan numbers and not the coupe.. which one?? are you buying

@brian125‌

The exact quote was $25,948 from the internet sales manager- this was from the same dealer that I went to 2 weeks ago, where I was telling you I had the bad experience. I actually dealt with a salesman and had him to match the internet price. And yes, this was without fees included for the Accord V6- no nav.

@brian125‌

Sorry about that. I'm looking to get the Accord Coupe V6 EX-L Automatic (no nav). This is the model I'm referring to on all posts.

And yes, I will be buying.

edited August 2014

25,948 provides me with no info can't answer that for you. If you stay in my target price range to buy 1800 to 2200 below invoice you will be fine and wont over extend yourself.. You must know each dealerships doc fee charge before making your offer. you are on the right track. I not going to get into any OTd numbers.. and pricing I will leave that up to you and your calculator for final numbers.

here is your equation:

Take your models invoice price then subtract 2100 then add all your otd numbers. I will give you the 1st model you gave me . Not the coupe model

EXL V-6 sedan, no nav, Invoice price 27,742 { without dest charge of 790}.
    Minus your offer.........................2100
    total......................................................
    .................................................25,652 even this price may be hard to get

@brian125‌

Did you see my previous post on page 49? I pretty much broke down everything. Got the fees pretty much calculated to a tee based on a quote I got earlier. Would like to know your thoughts.

@brian125‌

It's the last post on page 49.

edited August 2014

@thisiztra08 said:
    brian125‌

Sorry about that. I'm looking to get the Accord Coupe V6 EX-L Automatic (no nav). This is the model I'm referring to on all posts.

EXL v-6 coupe invoice = ...............28,008
    dest charge...........................................790

total..................................................28,798

This changes a bit now.. Your Coupe model is a supply and demand car at this time. Getting over 2k will be very hard. Start your negotiations at 2k below dealers invoice and see where it takes you.

dealers that have only a few of the coupes will laugh at you if you low ball them. 2k below is a good number at this time of the year and not a ridiculous offer. Still may be Un- achievable on your model??? . Negotiate hard and shoot for that number maybe settling a few hundred below that number at months end. Your success in achieving the 2k below number is how much supply dealers have on there lots/ how good you can negotiate pitting one dealer against the next.

Take what ever you can get for your old trade . The better your new car deal is / the worst you will do on the trade. Remember dealer has to make a few bucks too. Who really wants your old Civic with 185k miles and more problems coming down the pike..?? take what ever you can get 500, 700, 1000.

your asking price of $25,046 is 2962 below invoice price on your model. you will get laughed at.

28008 minus 2k = 26,008 now you could add onto this the destination charge of 790, taxes , tages, doc fee charge , etc. This rounds out your OTD price.

@brian125‌

Cool! I will definitely take your advice. Thanks so much for your help Brian! I'm so glad I got on this forum. Hopefully you will be around tomorrow in case I have questions during the process. I plan to try to do most of my negotiating over the phone so I won't have to spend so much time at the dealership like I did on the first try 2 weeks ago. I'll be sure to report back!

edited August 2014

@thisiztra08 , Best way to negotiate... Email and call all the internet managers or there dept. Tell every dealer I will buy from you today. Meet my price.........

I will check in late afternoon tomm. if I could.. If nobody meets your price tomm. don't give in. leave your email and contact number and wait it out till we get closer to months end.

Buying a new vehicle is like a good game of poker.. NEVER tip your hand till the end of the month. unless you hit your target price to buy...

That's where the real fun and deals begin the last 2days, last day of any month. Trust me on that. I have bought over 1000 vehicles for family , friends and friends of friends. In over 40 years There is nothing I have not done or heard in this business.

......... Here are the financially incentives on the v-6, coupe model .

2014 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe finance rates for qualified buyers: 0.9% APR for 60 months 0.9% APR for 36 months

Qualification All eligible vehicles must be new and unregistered. Dealers are not eligible for Dealer mark-ups.

Eligibility Residents residing in qualifying regions of the United States. O.A.C.

Disclaimer Program - Honda US National For qualified buyers. Not all buyers will qualify for the lowest rates. Must receive financing through OEM. Residency restrictions apply. See dealer for details and for any other available terms and rates. Take retail delivery by 09/30/2014.

24 Months 0.9%

36 Months 0.9%

48 Months 0.9%

60 Months 0.9%
    9/30/2014
    2014 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe finance rates for qualified buyers: 2.19% APR for 60 months 2.19% APR for 66 months 2.79% APR for 72 months 2.09% APR for 48 months

Qualification $15,000 minimum amount financed for extended term (66-72 months)

Eligibility Residents residing in qualifying regions of the United States. O.A.C.

Disclaimer Program State of New York (NY) For qualified buyers. Not all buyers will qualify for the lowest rates. Must receive financing through Honda Financial Services. Residency restrictions apply. See dealer for details and for any other available terms and rates. Take retail delivery by 09/30/2014.

72 Months 2.79%
    9/30/2014

edited August 2014

I never buy any vehicle in the beginning or middle of any month. But if you do be firm in your negotiations and hold out to months end for the best possible deal.

If dealers wont meet your target price for the sale that moment. You want to get a counter offer out of them . Wont do 2k below invoice.. Then how close to that number will you do for the sale TODAY. . See how I strong arm them with the right wording.. Earn My business / make a sale today. Do you want the sale right now. This price gets the deal done today. I'm going to offer x Honda this same deal telling prior dealership .... You know X Honda sell cars .. Don't let X take this sale away from you... You are closer to my home. I'd rather buy from you. I heard so many good things about your dealership. .. Blah, blah, blah. ... .. I am affording your dealership the opportunity to take my 30k .. This is how you stay in control with negotiations and talk to these guys. They are not your friends and will line there pockets with your hard earned money if you not paying attention or are un-educated in the buying game.

More than 65.% of dealers int/ mangers are not ready for me or how I buy.. Salesman that pass thru this forum hate me for what I preach. We play by the rules that the Car industry set up. Use it to your advantage.. Int/ mgrs. I usually find alot to busy trying to lie and deceive than be honest and make a deal with folks. Todays salesman are morons they no nothing about there product, pricing, or how to negotiate with potential customers to earn there business. They are trained to hold you in the dealerships, lie about pricing. Ever ask a salesman about incentives or rebates on a certain model. Its a crime. One kid told me they know that stuff in the back offices. I told him... WHY don't you know your selling cars and dealing with buyers who want answers.. ... So back to my rant. I put each dealers internet manager on the spot via phone on the last days of the month.. Last 2 days, last day. This is when I start my negotiations.

I may have 30 dealers names, and numbers on my spread sheet / with there doc fee charges and name of the int/ mgr. So the day of I'm ready I go down my list and buy the vehicle.. This could take me 5min or a couple of hours via phone calls depending on model and what price I'm looking to get. Anytime before the end of the month I find dealers will lie, deceive and play to many games and wont be ready to meet that good price yet.. If you [ dealers } that don't sell cars lie and play games I will expose you in 2 mins then move onto the next dealership. You guys need to do the same. Where I buy my Honda product makes no difference to me . It could be 1 mile or 100 miles from my house. They all sell the same product.. Price, Price, Price is the deal your looking to make or be in a good ball park number in your area. . ... Again Make each dealership commit to some kind of counter offer. If they won't answer your price question tell dealers when your ready to earn my business call me. Then continue down your list.

If you prefer to walk in and out of dealerships and deal with the games and nonsense apply the same rules we speak about using via emails, and calls to dealerships. Folks putting themselves thru all that dealer/ showroom nonsense waiting around watching the salesman get up 5 times to check pricing with his boss while you sit there and they laugh at you for waiting is not for me. Online, via emails / calls is where you do your negotiating . Once you secure a good price and deal then go down to the chop shop.. Why is it that more than half of these dealerships you hear folks walking out with several hours of wasted time..

Learn how to buy and negotiate and this wont happen as much.

Good luck to all buyers this month.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,979

@jeffreyb3 said:
    Dealer was Coggon Honda of Ft. Pierce. Salesperson was Linda F[non-permissible content removed]. Appears to be good people to deal with who want to sell cars. I would recommend them to anyone in the southern fl area. Had to do some haggling on my trade in, but got a fair price. Wasn't worth it to have the hassle of selling on my own.

Please, no last names or contact information allowed. I've edited the post.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• sweets1180sweets1180 Member Posts: 21

Hello! I've been looking over the incentives, and believe I am eligible for 5: Loyalty (I drive an Acura and confirmed w/ AFS that it will cross over), Conquest (I have a Hyundai too for my mom), Student (recent grad), lease bonus cash, and Dealer Cash. This comes up to $3850 in incentives. Does anyone think I shouldn't push to get them all? They all say they can be combined with other incentives, but I bet a dealer is not gonna want to give them all to me. Thoughts? Advice?

sweets

Read the Fine print........... can't combine some. Like lease and finance or dealer cash. I posted them on prior pages

edited August 2014

Ok thanks @brian125! Any keywords I can search to find the page?

@brian125‌

Excellent advice Brian! I will definitely be using it today. I'll definitely be working from home on this today, as I do not want to waste time sitting at the dealership like you mentioned, all day only to get nowhere. Did that 2 weeks ago and that was a FAIL. So I'll be following up on the internet quotes I received on yesterday. Do you suggest I email the internet managers my numbers first, then call? Or just discuss them over the phone first?

• otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196

brian125, I just finished reading several pages on this forum and learned quite a bit, thank you for the great info.
    If you dont mind me asking your opinion, my 2012 Accord SE lease expires DEC 31st which means I have 4 payments left, should I start shopping now and take advantage of the deals available or wait, my next car will be the sport model ( torn between CVT or stick)
    Thanks
    Joe

• ariazariaz Member Posts: 77

Brain125, I have been qouted the following for 2014 Accord LX Auto, is it a good price

MSRP - $23,545
    Selling Price - $18,939

@mscombes said:
    Just got back from the dealership.
    2014 EX-L V6 coupe no options.
    25500 +790 (destination)- 400 dealer cash. $25890 + TTL + 499 DOC
    No haggle at all. My wife went in to check trade in value, he called me and asked what it would take, and i told him exactly the formula above. He said OK without flinching. I thought I was pushing my luck with 25500. Now I'm kicking myself thinking I should have started at 24500. Oh well. Thanks to everyone who has posted. I came up with this number based on someone else's post for the same car.

@mscombes‌
    Kudos to you on getting such a great deal and a hassle free process. I'm trying to purchase the exact same model and I'm looking to shoot in that same price range, starting at 25,500 as I got an internet quote today for 25,900. I know I'm pushing it but I'd rather start low to see where that gets me. Hopefully I'll get the luck you had!

been qouted the following for 2014 Accord LX Auto, is it a good price

MSRP - $23,545 Selling Price - $18,939
  • rdx08rdx08 Member Posts: 8

Brian125, Looks like 2015 Accord The honda.com website shows its pricing. Would the same target price (2K below invoice) and approach(email) apply to buy it ? Thanks!

• pgroganpgrogan Member Posts: 7

Thanks to this forum we got a great deal on our car. Time to pay it forward with another data point for other users.

2014 Accord EX-L 4 Cylinder with CVT (auto transmission)- White

Sticker = 29,060

With Dealer Add Ons (Mud Guard, Nitrogen filled tires, Wheel Locks..etc. = 30,483.95

Dealer Invoice = 25,860 + 790 Destination/Shipping = 26,650

Our on the road price with a DC registration was 25,300 with .9 Honda Financing for 5 years.

Breakdown

Sales Price: $23,880.19 (includes $1500 in rebates...but does not include Graduate or Military. $790 shipping is included here)

6% Sales Tax: $1432.81

Title Reg: $183

Tire Recycling: $4 (I have no idea why, but it is there)

Dealer Credit: -$500....this was done at the dealership level, and was not a Honda rebate. In order to get the price I wanted, the salesman had to apply $500 in service award points (I don't have my car serviced there).

So my effective sales price before tax was 23,380.19 (but tax was based on 25,880.10) + Tax, Tag, Registration.

We were $3269.81 below invoice.

How I got to this price.

Thursday night, I sent out a request for prices to about 7 local dealerships detailing the specific details and features of the car mentioned above. To summarize the email: "we are buying this car this weekend. Please provide me with your absolute best offer." Most of them responded and prices varied greatly. I contacted a few dealerships with the lower prices and mentioned...my current lowest price is xxxxx. Most lowered their price to match or beat the lowest offer. I played this game most of Friday. Once I reached a point where the dealerships wouldn't go any lower, I figured that I was near the bottom.

At this point, I called a salesman at Jim Coleman Honda in Clarksville, MD that I had worked with a few times in the past. He knows that I am an aggressive price shopper and that when I call I am serious about buying, but that there wont be a wide margin on the deal. I gave this salesman my lowest current offer and told him.....if you beat it by $200, I will be in tomorrow to buy the car at 11am.

He beat it by $200 and we bought a car on Saturday.

• cla10beckcla10beck Member Posts: 5
    I bought a ex-l (no add ons) in the philadelphia area using some of the tactics listed in the forum. My otd price was $24,000 + 252 in doc fees + tax which included the $500 conquest cash. I didn't have any other applicable rebates. When I did my deal on aug 13th, the lowest finance rate was 1.9 for 60 months at that time. The key to this deal was my trade value. I have. 2003 corolla with 220,000 miles in fair shape (edmunds trade value was $900, kbb was $1800). Every dealer lowballed my trade, one even offered me $99 for it, obviously that dealer was out. I took it to We buy any car, and they have we a quote to purchase for $1700 on the spot. I was able to use this as leverage to get $1700 on the trade and the price above
    edited August 2014
    Close to closing a deal on a 2014 Accord Coupe V6 EXL w/Navi, front/rear splash guards ($159) & wheel locks ($99). MSRP $33,448, RV $15,932, MF .00026. Final sales price incl. $1500 dealer cash is $29,150. 36mo lease/15k. Fees are "upfront charges" $219. Dealer said that's doc fee n t-tag fee? Then "total cap reduction" $1513. Said for tax (in DE 3.75%), tag n title. I calculated like $1200 on the DMV site. Putting $1628 down (fees n 1st mo) n will get $500 recent grad. Payment $395/mo.

@brian125 and all my forum friends, is this a good deal? Any areas I should keep negotiating? Any help is greatly appreciated! I put a deposit to hold since they only had one.

Also they told me loyalty and conquest are over, and were replaced by $1500 dealer cash. I showed them my info from Edmunds that it expired 9/30. They said it's wrong. Anyone know where I can find official info? Couldn't find on honda website.
    edited August 2014

sweets, call Honda's 800 # on Monday about incentives and rebates to check if dealer is being honest with you. If your leasing numbers are correct. You could find them out over in the Accord leasing forum... Then your only concern is what is the selling price of the vehicle? and dealers doc fee charge? Find that out for me and I will comment on your deal.

Dealer is going to put a few dollars in his pocket to register car for you. Don't sweat that.

You could buy Honda wheel locks online for 36 dollars. Set of 4 splash guards for 67 dollars. This would be your room to negotiate with dealers on accessorie pricing.

The splash guards have 2 or 3 plastic screws.. There are already 3 pre drilled holes around wheel well that the guards slip into and screwed in ... A easy do it your self installation by many.

@rdx08 said:
    Brian125, Looks like 2015 Accord The honda.com website shows its pricing. Would the same target price (2K below invoice) and approach(email) apply to buy it ? Thanks!

No 2k will not happen on the 2015...............depending on your area, supply and demand, and how you negotiate will be factors in pricing

So how much could you get off invoice price on a 2015?

What should my target price be? Is the question.

What state are you looking to buy. What is your drive to dealer range. How many dealers do you figure are in this area.?

Brain125, I have been qouted the following for 2014 Accord LX Auto, is it a good price

MSRP - $23,545 Selling Price - $18,939
    edited August 2014

yes.................. was destination charge included in the 18,939.

Was this a negotiated price , or a price quote online via email?/

• zoeybeezoeybee Member Posts: 3

Ok, here is the deal I made on the EX - CVT no additional options except for the dealer "pro pack" wheel locks, splash guards, door guards and trunk tray that were already installed on the car I wanted. I am in south Jersey and worked on dealers for the past two weeks. You have to be persistent. You have to like to negotiate. That being said, if you follow the guidance by Brian and the other posters you can make a great deal.

2014 EX CVT
    Invoice + Destination $24,290
    - minus discount - $2,000
    Subtotal sales price = $22,290

• doc fees + $249
    • new tags + $301
    • NJ tire fee + $7.50
    • Tax + $1560.30
    • minus - $500.00 (addtl dealer incentive)
      ******Total out the door $23,907.80****

Also 0.9% financing for 60 months, can't beat that....

That is essentially a total discount of $2251 once the doc fee is considered. I am pleased with this deal and had one of the competitors call me today and say they were shocked I got the price I did. You have to work it. I am also a negotiator by trade and negotiate daily in my job so I love it. Be nice when you negotiate. I worked with 6 dealers and only 3 took me seriously. I worked 90% by email the other 10% by phone so I essentially bought this car in my pajamas in the comfort of my home. The car was washed and ready when we got there, just had to fill out the paperwork. I also think they don't take women as serious negotiators but I earned their respect and my husband ended up with a beautiful new car :wink: Good luck everyone! (I would have waited another week to try for an even better number but we needed the car this weekend)