Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• crni123crni123 Member Posts: 67

Hi everyone I am new to this so hope the post is correct. Trying to get some help on a lease

2014 528i
    Premium Package
    Driver Assist
    M Sport
    Heated Seats

MSRP $ 60,825
    Selling Price of $52980 which includes 1500 USAA incentive.

Is selling price a good price?
    Also I wanted to lease for 36 Months and wanted my payments under 500.00 with tax. my tax rate is 6%.

What would i need to do with MSD to get me there. I would hate to have to put down money on a lease.

Thank you for your help

• wassupbeewassupbee Member Posts: 57

@‌ Michaell
    I was just offered another deal by a dealership in NJ.
    MSRP: $62,575
    Sales Price: $51,575
    What would the monthly payment be with and without MSD?
    Also, the calculation above, how much money down is that?
    What's a decent amount for Down payment?

• wassupbeewassupbee Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2014

@‌ Michaell
    They got some numbers for me.
    MSRP: $61,950
    Sales Price with Freight and Doc Fee: 53,770
    What's Gov't Fee: $514.00
    MF: .00091 RV: 62% ($38,409)
    Miles: 10K/Year
    MSD: $3500
    Down Payment $1,524.28
    Monthly Payment $475.72
    Does this look legit?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,978

@wassupbee said:
    @‌ Michaell

Now you have me confused. Your first offer was from a dealer in GA; now you have one from a dealer in NJ?

The tax implications are huge. I noted, GA taxes the entire purchase price up front. In NJ, they calculate the tax for the entire lease up front and it can either be rolled into the cap cost or paid out of pocket at lease inception.

I would not make any down payment (AKA cap cost reduction) on a lease. You aren't saving any money, and if the car is stolen or totaled, you would lose that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

@crni123 said:
    Hi everyone I am new to this so hope the post is correct. Trying to get some help on a lease

2014 528i
    Premium Package
    Driver Assist
    M Sport
    Heated Seats

MSRP $ 60,825
    Selling Price of $52980 which includes 1500 USAA incentive.

Is selling price a good price?
    Also I wanted to lease for 36 Months and wanted my payments under 500.00 with tax. my tax rate is 6%.

What would i need to do with MSD to get me there. I would hate to have to put down money on a lease.

Thank you for your help

You don't mention lease term and miles per year so I'll assume 36mo and 10K.

MF is .00130 and residual is 62%. With your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $542.02. With 7 MSD the MF drops to .00081 and the payment goes to $497.59 (6% tax takes it to $527.44).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• driversedgedriversedge Member Posts: 36

@Michaell said:
    The tax implications are huge. I noted, GA taxes the entire purchase price up front. In NJ, they calculate the tax for the entire lease up front and it can either be rolled into the cap cost or paid out of pocket at lease inception.

If I could chime in here, being that he is an Alaska resident and that the car would be titled and registered in Alaska, he would be exempt from paying GA's TAVT tax or New Jersey's upfront sales tax due to a commerce clause for out of state residents. The dealership should file a tax exemption form on his behalf.

Hello everyone I am new to this but looking for help on a lease. Here is the information

2014 528i
    Glacier Silver Metallic
    M Sport
    Driver Assist
    Premium Package
    Heated Seats
    Harman Kardon Sound

MSRP $ 60,825
    Selling Price $52,980 This includes a USAA BMW $1500.00 Incentive

My question is this is $7845.00 off a good deal and if I was to lease this car
    what would I need to do to get my payment under 500 with tax included. My tax is 6%.

Thank you for your help

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,699

@wassupbee said:
    @‌ Michaell

You live in Alaska and you are shopping in NJ and Georgia for a new car? That seems like a big waste of time.. If you can't find a deal on the Pacific Coast, then you aren't trying hard enough..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@crni123 said:
    Hello everyone I am new to this but looking for help on a lease. Here is the information

2014 528i
    Glacier Silver Metallic
    M Sport
    Driver Assist
    Premium Package
    Heated Seats
    Harman Kardon Sound

MSRP $ 60,825
    Selling Price $52,980 This includes a USAA BMW $1500.00 Incentive

My question is this is $7845.00 off a good deal and if I was to lease this car
    what would I need to do to get my payment under 500 with tax included. My tax is 6%.

Thank you for your help

Look up about 3-4 posts .. I've answered your question there.

May be difficult to get to under $500/mo with tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cindyg3cindyg3 Member Posts: 1

I'm new to leasing and I've been reading this forum for hours. Can you please tell me if this is a good deal?

2014 535i xdrive Gran Turismo

MSRP $72300.00
    Sale Price $63000.00
    36 months / 15,000 miles
    RV 59%
    MF .00015

payment quoted is $794 per month with $1762.00 down which is initial payment and inceptions.

Thanks for all your time and help!

Cindy

@cindyg3 said:
    I'm new to leasing and I've been reading this forum for hours. Can you please tell me if this is a good deal?

2014 535i xdrive Gran Turismo

MSRP $72300.00
    Sale Price $63000.00
    36 months / 15,000 miles
    RV 59%
    MF .00015

payment quoted is $794 per month with $1762.00 down which is initial payment and inceptions.

Thanks for all your time and help!

Cindy

MF is marked up from the base of .00130. $9K off sticker is a nice discount.

There seems to be a bit of room to improve the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell
    Thank you for your reply. Would I assume that your answer is with no money down and just the numbers stated above or would I need to consider inceptions like 1st payment etc. Once again Thank you

@crni123 said:
    Michaell
    Thank you for your reply. Would I assume that your answer is with no money down and just the numbers stated above or would I need to consider inceptions like 1st payment etc. Once again Thank you

My calculations assume no cap cost reduction and that inception fees are paid up front at lease signing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mstein1mstein1 Member Posts: 5

Hi I was wondering on your take on this deal on 535xi in NJ

MSRP 63125
    Selling price 55714
    36 mos
    733/mo with $4050 down (fees and taxes) no cap cost reduction.
    And the dealer is picking up 4 remaining payments of $780 ($3120) on my current MB E350 lease

Thanks!

@mstein1 said:

MSRP 63125
    Selling price 55714
    36 mos
    And the dealer is picking up 4 remaining payments of $780 ($3120) on my current MB E350 lease

What lease term and how many miles per year?

"Picking up the 4 remaining payments" - you might be leaving money on the table with your trade. It has a specific trade value and a specific payoff. The dealer could be low balling your trade by paying off the remaining payments. There could be more equity in your trade - use the tools here at Edmunds to determine the trade value; also use the "Real World Trade in Values" discussion to get an expert value on your trade. And, contact MBFS to determine the current payoff.

Knowledge is power.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi
    Its a 36 mos lease and 15k per year. Thanks.

@mstein1 said:

MSRP 63125
    Selling price 55714
    Its a 36 mos lease and 15k per year.

Base MF is .00130, and residual for 36/12 is 61%.

With your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $480.98.

NJ calculates the tax for the entire lease up front, which you are paying at inception as part of the $4050 out of pocket.

I'm wondering if the remaining payments on your current vehicle are being added into your new lease - that would add about $87/mo to my number above, but still much less than the $733/mo you were quoted.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi to clarify its 36/15. I called MBFS and they basically said that the current payoff would be the 4 payments of $780. So it does appear that the BMW dealer is putting the MB $3120 into the new BMW monthly lease. Now I am really at a loss on next steps, thanks again for the assistance here.

@mstein1 said:
    Hi to clarify its 36/15. I called MBFS and they basically said that the current payoff would be the 4 payments of $780. So it does appear that the BMW dealer is putting the MB $3120 into the new BMW monthly lease. Now I am really at a loss on next steps, thanks again for the assistance here.

Whoops, I didn't see the mileage in your original post. RV drops to 59% and the pre-tax payment increases to $505.64.

I'm not sure I buy what MBFS is telling you. Ask them what it would cost if you wanted to buy the car outright now, not when the lease ends in 4 months. That's the payoff. Then use the pricing tools here at Edmunds - or the Real World Trade in Values discussion - to get a value on your trade. The delta between those two numbers represents the positive or negative equity you have in your car now. If negative, then that amount would be added into your cap cost. If positive, then you can use that equity to help offset some of the up front costs of the new lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• maxman8maxman8 Member Posts: 11

Hey everyone, I'm seriously considering moving forward with an E class, but I'm trying to also get a competitive lease deal on a 528i x drive (MSRP $54 and change).

I live in NY (sales tax 8.6%) and am wondering what kind of deal I could get. Ideally, I'd like to put no more than $3,000 down, and would like to stay as close to $500/month as possible.

Also, is a 27 month lease possible, or a good option with BMW?

Any help would be appreciated.

@maxman8 said:
    Hey everyone, I'm seriously considering moving forward with an E class, but I'm trying to also get a competitive lease deal on a 528i x drive (MSRP $54 and change).

I live in NY (sales tax 8.6%) and am wondering what kind of deal I could get. Ideally, I'd like to put no more than $3,000 down, and would like to stay as close to $500/month as possible.

Also, is a 27 month lease possible, or a good option with BMW?

Any help would be appreciated.

BMW does not offer 27 month programs.

We don't recommend putting money down on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out the money.

You can use MSD's to lower the MF - with a large enough discount from sticker, you might get down around $500/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bobfrapplesbobfrapples Member Posts: 21

@Michaell‌ - can you back into a number for me on your lease calculator? The dealer is offering me a monthly payment (including tax) of $599/month for a 36/10 lease with $2800 drive off (1st month + TTL). The MSRP of the car is $62,825. If MF is .0013 and RV is 62%, what selling price are they using to give me the $599/month? Thanks.

@bobfrapples said:
    Michaell‌ - can you back into a number for me on your lease calculator? The dealer is offering me a monthly payment (including tax) of $599/month for a 36/10 lease with $2800 drive off (1st month + TTL). The MSRP of the car is $62,825. If MF is .0013 and RV is 62%, what selling price are they using to give me the $599/month? Thanks.

What is the breakdown of the $2800? Is your tax paid upfront (in the $2800), or is it included in the payment? What state?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Patelshivam94Patelshivam94 Member Posts: 61
    Can I get the September numbers please, when available, on:

2014 528i xDrive
    2014 535i xDrive
    2014 535i xDrive GT

3 years / 15K Miles per year.

Thanks, in advance.

@kyfdx said:
    What is the breakdown of the $2800? Is your tax paid upfront (in the $2800), or is it included in the payment? What state?

This is a dealer in Los Angeles. The $2800 includes 1st month's payment, title and registration. Tax on a lease is usually included as part of the monthly payment, not up front right? Other quotes I've gotten for drive off has been in the $2300 range or so. This dealer has not been transparent about the lease assumptions, including how they got to the $2800, so I am skeptical about doing business with them. That's why I have to ask you guys to back into the selling price. They essentially led me down the path of negotiating via monthly lease payment. The $599 seems to be an okay deal, I just don't know how much more is left on the table.

@bobfrapples said:
    This is a dealer in Los Angeles. The $2800 includes 1st month's payment, title and registration. Tax on a lease is usually included as part of the monthly payment, not up front right? Other quotes I've gotten for drive off has been in the $2300 range or so. This dealer has not been transparent about the lease assumptions, including how they got to the $2800, so I am skeptical about doing business with them. That's why I have to ask you guys to back into the selling price. They essentially led me down the path of negotiating via monthly lease payment. The $599 seems to be an okay deal, I just don't know how much more is left on the table.

Yes... tax is paid in the payment.

$600 1st payment

$725 acq.fee

$600 title/registration

$80 doc fee

Acq.fee is taxed, but that is still about $2100, not $2800.

But, leaving that alone, assume tax at 8.5% and 599/mo. = $552/mo, pre-tax.

That would make the selling price around $54,450 + whatever extra is in that upfront amount..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Tax is 9% here. And yes, thanks for confirming that the shady dealer is making me pay extra upfront amount.

Can you run the math for me using:
    RV 62%
    MF .0013
    MSRP $62,825
    Selling price $52,825, and
    Drive-off (1st month, acq, title & registration) $2100.

What would be the monthly payment including tax?

This is essentially $2000 less than offer that yielded $599/month. Wonder how that affects the payment?

Anyone have thoughts on this deal?

@bobfrapples said:
    Tax is 9% here. And yes, thanks for confirming that the shady dealer is making me pay extra upfront amount.

Can you run the math for me using:
    RV 62%
    MF .0013
    MSRP $62,825
    Selling price $52,825, and
    Drive-off (1st month, acq, title & registration) $2100.

What would be the monthly payment including tax?

This is essentially $2000 less than offer that yielded $599/month. Wonder how that affects the payment?

Anyone have thoughts on this deal?

$505/mo. + 9% tax = $550/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited September 2014

I have a deal on the table:

528i x drive

MSRP: 55K

$3,100 down

$487/month (36 months)

Thoughts?

• slo929slo929 Member Posts: 3

Question...
    Deal from dealer= MSRP $68625 price offered $64,625...
    first payment $2195
    rate .00160
    residual .58 ($39,802.50)
    shows doc fee of 199, govt fees 69, taxes 1652.66
    monthly payment $899.20

Any help would be appreciated as i am new to leases. I'm not sure why the first payment is $2195... they are also paying off my current car, upside down with trade in value about $1989 so that is coming off the MSRP too i guess.

Thanks in advance!

Are BMW lease finance deals still available for 2014 models? The BMWUSA website switched over to 2015 models.

What is the 36 month residual value for a 535i with 10,000 miles per year? What is the money factor? Thanks!

@bobfrapples said:
    Are BMW lease finance deals still available for 2014 models? The BMWUSA website switched over to 2015 models.

What is the 36 month residual value for a 535i with 10,000 miles per year? What is the money factor? Thanks!

.00129 MF and 61% residual. $1500 Innovation credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@slo929 said:
    Question...
    Deal from dealer= MSRP $68625 price offered $64,625...
    first payment $2195
    rate .00160
    residual .58 ($39,802.50)
    shows doc fee of 199, govt fees 69, taxes 1652.66
    monthly payment $899.20

Any help would be appreciated as i am new to leases. I'm not sure why the first payment is $2195... they are also paying off my current car, upside down with trade in value about $1989 so that is coming off the MSRP too i guess.

Thanks in advance!

The $2195 up front probably includes the acquisition fee as well as other government taxes and fees.

The MF is marked up on you (base is .00129 this month). I think there is room for you to do better.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• justinp85justinp85 Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2014

As a tip, if you want more advice about your potential deal, please try to fill as much of the following as possible.

LEASE TERM:

RESIDUAL:

MF:

MSRP:

SALE PRICE:

INITIAL CAP COST:

ADJUSTED CAP COST:

DUE AT SIGNING:

BASE MONTHLY RENTAL:

SALES TAX(%):

MONTHLY PAYMENT:

• kabpkabp Member Posts: 2

Before signing, would like to know if the deal is fair.

2014 528 ix MSRP $58K Sold Price: $53K

$550.00 month 36 mo/ 10k miles

MSD - using max of 7 Sales Tax (NJ @ 7% upfront)

No additional money down

Thanks!!

• hillestadkhillestadk Member Posts: 84
    Can someone please give me the residual, mf and any lease cash on a 2014 or 2015 528i 36 month lease with 15k miles per year. Thanks in advance. Deciding between the 3 and the 5 this time is more difficult.

@hillestadk said:
    Can someone please give me the residual, mf and any lease cash on a 2014 or 2015 528i 36 month lease with 15k miles per year. Thanks in advance. Deciding between the 3 and the 5 this time is more difficult.

2014: .00129 MF and 58% residual. $1500 Innovation credit.

2015: .00129 MF and 59% residual. $1000 Innovation credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• otterfxotterfx Member Posts: 6

@kyfdx said:
    2015: .00129 MF and 59% residual. $1000 Innovation credit.

Hi,

Are these the same numbers on the 535i?

Hi,

This board is fantastic and thank you for the input. I'm currently working on a 2015 535i and have some details back from the dealer but not much. I would like to have input on the below unknowns if possible so I can present an offer to the dealer.

LEASE TERM: 36 months

RESIDUAL: UNK

MF: UNK - would like to give multiple security deposits to get this as low as possible. Can you provide standard residual and then the residual reduced for MSD. Does the dealer typically add additional markup on this?

MSRP: $68,250

SALE PRICE: $58,250

INITIAL CAP COST: UNK

ADJUSTED CAP COST: UNK

DUE AT SIGNING: TBD

BASE MONTHLY RENTAL: TBD

SALES TAX(%): 6%

MONTHLY PAYMENT: TBD

Please let me know if this is sufficient to get some baseline information. Thanks!

@otterfx said:
    Hi,

This board is fantastic and thank you for the input. I'm currently working on a 2015 535i and have some details back from the dealer but not much. I would like to have input on the below unknowns if possible so I can present an offer to the dealer.

MF: UNK - would like to give multiple security deposits to get this as low as possible. Can you provide standard residual and then the residual reduced for MSD. Does the dealer typically add additional markup on this?

Please let me know if this is sufficient to get some baseline information. Thanks!

I should also include 12k miles / year. Thanks.

@otterfx said:
    Are these the same numbers on the 535i?

Yes.. for 36mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@otterfx said:
    Hi,

.00129 MF and 61% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. $1000 Innovation Credit.

7 MSDs would drop the MF to .00080. And, yes.. most dealers will still attempt to mark up the rate by .00040.

Do you have an offer of $10K off MSRP? Seem like that would be hard to come by, especially on a new 2015 model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited September 2014
    Hey everyone, how does this sound:

528i x drive
    MSRP: $56,560

$3,500 down (tax and fees included)
    $469 per month

I know it's advised not to put a lot (or any) down, but this is the deal that's best for my situation.

Michael,
    I just noticed that BMW is doing on the 5 series MSRP 51,175 with

Hi guys. Thought I would let you know what I just drive off with. Let me know what you think.
    528i. MSRP. 59380.00. Driver assist, driver assist plus, lux package, premium package, heated seats. 10,000 off purchase price 49380.00 1520.00 inceptions with MSD 3500.00( refundable). Total out of pocket 5020.00. Payment of 455.34. Tax included. 6% tax in florida. I think I got a great deal. Thanks for all your help could not have done it without you.

• aforbes400aforbes400 Member Posts: 18

I was between an E350 and a 528i but the dealer said he can do better, given the current incentives, on a 535d. Here's where we've ended up...

A 36/10k lease on a 2014 535d with an MSRP of $59,825 and a sale price of $50,250. $2k to cover tax/tag/fees, $3850 in MSD's, and $499/mo tax included. Good? Bad? Mediocre? Thanks!

@aforbes400 said:
    I was between an E350 and a 528i but the dealer said he can do better, given the current incentives, on a 535d. Here's where we've ended up...

A 36/10k lease on a 2014 535d with an MSRP of $59,825 and a sale price of $50,250. $2k to cover tax/tag/fees, $3850 in MSD's, and $499/mo tax included. Good? Bad? Mediocre? Thanks!

I get $468/mo+tax, so it looks like a great deal from here..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    Do you have an offer of $10K off MSRP? Seem like that would be hard to come by, especially on a new 2015 model.

You are correct, that was available only on 2014 model years.

@crni123 said:
    Hi guys. Thought I would let you know what I just drive off with. Let me know what you think.
    528i. MSRP. 59380.00. Driver assist, driver assist plus, lux package, premium package, heated seats. 10,000 off purchase price 49380.00 1520.00 inceptions with MSD 3500.00( refundable). Total out of pocket 5020.00. Payment of 455.34. Tax included. 6% tax in florida. I think I got a great deal. Thanks for all your help could not have done it without you.

Sounds like a great deal! Is that on a 2014 or 2015? I'm also here in FL and would love a similar deal :)

• rykopoprykopop Member Posts: 1

Otterfx
    I too am looking for a 528i in Martin County. Where did you get that deal? I'm hoping for a '14 leftover.....

This discussion has been closed.