Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Dodge Durango Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588

@ceee5 said:
    Hello... I am looking for a durango with the Rallye appearance. Can I please get numbers for a SXT with Rallye appearance and a limited with Rallye appearance @ 12k miles for 36 months. Also which durango model has the best offers out now ? Out of every model ? Thanks in advanced.

AWD? SXT+ : .00024 MF and 52% residual.

Limited: .00015 MF and 51% residual.

The SXT+ probably has the best numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ceee5ceee5 Member Posts: 15
    @kyfdx thank you for the numbers on that. Yes I am looking an AWD. One more question though. How long are these good through ? do like limited and citadel but if thw better sxt plus then I'm gonna have to look into this model..
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,917

@ceee5 said:
    kyfdx thank you for the numbers on that. Yes I am looking an AWD. One more question though. How long are these good through ? do like limited and citadel but if thw better sxt plus then I'm gonna have to look into this model..

Chrysler numbers expire 9/2/14, so you will have Labor Day weekend to make your best deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thanks Michaell for the numbers. Could I also get numbers for a durango RT AWD for 36 months 12k miles and for 24 months 12k miles ? Thank you

I am in NY

@ceee5 said:
    Thanks Michaell for the numbers. Could I also get numbers for a durango RT AWD for 36 months 12k miles and for 24 months 12k miles ? Thank you

24 mo: .00031 MF and 61% residual.

36 mo: .00026 MF and 51% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jungle1074jungle1074 Member Posts: 5

Could I get the numbers for a 2014 Limited AWD (in Michigan if it matters). 24 & 36 months. 15K miles per year.

Thanks!

@jungle1074 said:
    Could I get the numbers for a 2014 Limited AWD (in Michigan if it matters). 24 & 36 months. 15K miles per year.

Thanks!

24/15 - .00017 and 59%

36/15 - .00015 and 49%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• kroberts1969kroberts1969 Member Posts: 4

Hi could I have MF & Res for 2014 Durango R/T 4WD and Citiadel 4WD V8, 36 months / 10K miles in Virginia? Thanks!

@kroberts1969 said:
    Hi could I have MF & Res for 2014 Durango R/T 4WD and Citiadel 4WD V8, 36 months / 10K miles in Virginia? Thanks!

R/T - .00026 and 52%

Citadel - .00015 and 51%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• searchinginsdsearchinginsd Member Posts: 21

Are the SXT numbers different for 36/10k. Am located in South Dakota. Thank you!

@searchinginsd said:
    Are the SXT numbers different for 36/10k. Am located in South Dakota. Thank you!

AWD? SXT+ : .00024 MF and 53% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• searchinginsdsearchinginsd Member Posts: 21

Yes AWD. Thank you!

• tlm14tlm14 Member Posts: 7
    Residual value and money factor for a 2014 Dodge Durango SXT 2WD. 36 month lease with 12k miles. Texas

@tlm14 said:
    Residual value and money factor for a 2014 Dodge Durango SXT 2WD. 36 month lease with 12k miles. Texas

Standard MF (.00200, give or take) and 44% residual. Not a good trim level to lease. SXT Plus is .00028 and 50%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• brizzlebrizzle Member Posts: 7
    Can you give me MF and RV for Citadel 36/12 lease in SC. MSRP 45000, sale price 38780. They gave me a payment of $519 . What payment do you come up with? Good deal? Thank you very much in advance .

@brizzle said:
    Can you give me MF and RV for Citadel 36/12 lease in SC. MSRP 45000, sale price 38780. They gave me a payment of $519 . What payment do you come up with? Good deal? Thank you very much in advance .

I'll assume 2WD since you are in SC. 36/12 MF and RV for Durango Citadel is .00011 and 48%.

Using your MSRP and Sale Price, I get a pre-tax payment of $483.86.

I know sales tax is capped at $300 for purchases in SC; how does sales tax work for leases?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• brizzlebrizzle Member Posts: 7
    Appreciate info, what do you mean by how does tax work for leases in SC? What do I need to ask the dealer?

@brizzle said:
    Appreciate info, what do you mean by how does tax work for leases in SC? What do I need to ask the dealer?

Some states only tax the monthly payment; other states calculate the entire tax for the lease up front. Still other states tax the entire selling amount of the car and add it to the cap cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

SC tax on all cars is capped at $300, so how it works on leases is pretty much moot... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cp2525cp2525 Member Posts: 3
    So we went to price a new durango limited awd at a local dealer. The one they had on the lot was 43000. In reading all the info on this discussion we figured we would be in the mid 500's on a 36 month 12k per year lease. However this guy came back at 640? We then looked at a stripped sxt awd with a sticker price of 34000 and the same lease payment was 560? We are in the pittsburgh pa area. Is this guy trying to rip us off? I cannot run the numbers and come up with anything even close to that much money per month. Am I doing the calculation wrong? We have tier 2 credit and trade equity of about 2k. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks
  • crmsnblckmxcrmsnblckmx Member Posts: 4

Mods - Looking to lease a 2014 Durango Limited AWD with premium package, rallye package, 2nd row captains and 2nd row center console. MRSP 44375. 36mo/10k/yr. I live in Indiana.
    What are the MF, residual, and payment with zero down and 5k down? I am guessing it is not smart to put anything down when the MF are so low is that correct?
    Do think this is a good time to lease? I am in no hurry.

@cp2525 said:
    So we went to price a new durango limited awd at a local dealer. The one they had on the lot was 43000. In reading all the info on this discussion we figured we would be in the mid 500's on a 36 month 12k per year lease. However this guy came back at 640? We then looked at a stripped sxt awd with a sticker price of 34000 and the same lease payment was 560? We are in the pittsburgh pa area. Is this guy trying to rip us off? I cannot run the numbers and come up with anything even close to that much money per month. Am I doing the calculation wrong? We have tier 2 credit and trade equity of about 2k. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

I understand that the total sales tax in Pittsburgh is 10%. However, I do agree that the quoted payments seem quite high.

No penalty for Tier 2 credit - tiers 1 and 2 qualify for the best MF. However, the dealer can mark up the MF by as much as .00042 for extra profit.

Do you know the negotiated selling prices for the two vehicles? With that information, I can model the payments using the base MF and try to understand why there was such a big difference between expectations and reality.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@crmsnblckmx said:
    Mods - Looking to lease a 2014 Durango Limited AWD with premium package, rallye package, 2nd row captains and 2nd row center console. MRSP 44375. 36mo/10k/yr. I live in Indiana.
    What are the MF, residual, and payment with zero down and 5k down? I am guessing it is not smart to put anything down when the MF are so low is that correct?
    Do think this is a good time to lease? I am in no hurry.

.00015 and 52% for 36/10.

I would need a negotiated selling price in order to model a payment.

We do not recommend making any sort of down payment on a lease - if the vehicle is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ooops ... price would be 44375 - 3000 approx Chrysler affiliate discount -1500 rebate = 39875. Is there an known acquisition fee and disposition fee at the end? If it was stolen or totaled wouldn't you have to make up the difference regardless?

@crmsnblckmx said:
    Ooops ... price would be 44375 - 3000 approx Chrysler affiliate discount -1500 rebate = 39875. Is there an known acquisition fee and disposition fee at the end? If it was stolen or totaled wouldn't you have to make up the difference regardless?

I get a pre-tax payment of $476.11/mo.

Acquisition fee is $595.

Gap insurance will cover the difference between what's owed and the current value - minus the down payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michael thanks for your help. One last question ... does the $476.11 include the gap insurance?

@crmsnblckmx said:
    Michael thanks for your help. One last question ... does the $476.11 include the gap insurance?

I don't have any information one way or the other as to whether GAP is automatically included on Chrysler leases.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@crmsnblckmx said:

Chrysler Capital includes GAP insurance on all of their leases, at no additional charge.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• RI32360RI32360 Member Posts: 26

Can I please get the money factor and Residual Value for a 2014 Citadel AWD (MSRP 47,340) 36 month, 12k per year. They are quoting me $389 using $6700 equity in my trade, nothing out of pocket at closing except first payment. RI also taxes my equity in my trade at 7% which adds another $469 to the total cost being rolled into the lease in addition to the normal 7%sales tax on the lease. Thanks.

@RI32360 said:
    Can I please get the money factor and Residual Value for a 2014 Citadel AWD (MSRP 47,340) 36 month, 12k per year. They are quoting me $389 using $6700 equity in my trade, nothing out of pocket at closing except first payment. RI also taxes my equity in my trade at 7% which adds another $469 to the total cost being rolled into the lease in addition to the normal 7%sales tax on the lease. Thanks.

.00015 and 50%.

We do not recommend using trade equity as a down payment - if the vehicle is stolen or totaled, you would lose that money.

Instead, have the dealer cut you a check for the equity and use it to help make the monthly payment ($6700 / 36 = $186/mo)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks Michaell and kyfdx. Off to the dealer tomorrow for negotiations. Now I know not to put anything down. My salesman said he would cut me a check for my trade. I do not have the time or energy to sell it myself

• RI32360RI32360 Member Posts: 26

Thanks, Michaell for your prompt reply and suggestion to have the dealer cut a check for the equity. I never even thought about that as an option.

The dealer never showed us anything and just said we were too far apart? The sticker price is $42835.
    We never even got far enough to see what the numbers were on either vehicle? The sticker on the limited was 42835. The payment they quote seems to workout to a price higher than sticker? That is if you do it backwards. What if we assume a negotiated sales price of 39500. What payment do you translate that into? Btw. We are looking outside the actual city of pittsburgh to avoid that extra sales tax.

@cp2525 said:
    We never even got far enough to see what the numbers were on either vehicle? The sticker on the limited was 42835. The payment they quote seems to workout to a price higher than sticker? That is if you do it backwards. What if we assume a negotiated sales price of 39500. What payment do you translate that into? Btw. We are looking outside the actual city of pittsburgh to avoid that extra sales tax.

Sounds like you should start working with another dealer, if the first one is playing games with you on the MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• proautobuyingproautobuying Member Posts: 4

Would you know MF and Residual on high mileage lease? 20k miles per year, Durango Ltd. 4x2, 36 months. Rallye pckg. Thanks!

@proautobuying said:
    Would you know MF and Residual on high mileage lease? 20k miles per year, Durango Ltd. 4x2, 36 months. Rallye pckg. Thanks!

MF is .00014 for 36 months. 36/15 residual is 47%. No official information from Chrysler about how they manage residuals for any mileage higher than that, but I suspect a per mile charge of $.20-.30 would apply.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• doncheddadonchedda Member Posts: 1
    Can I ask for the MF and residual value of a 2014 Durango RT fully loaded. 10k mileage 36 months? In los angeles.

@donchedda said:
    Can I ask for the MF and residual value of a 2014 Durango RT fully loaded. 10k mileage 36 months? In los angeles.

.00027 MF and 44% residual. (RWD)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Good afternoon. I'd like to know if I could get numbers for the durango RT awd 2014. I was quoted at  roughly about 525 per month for a lease of 36 months 12 k per year miles with final price of 41000. Just wondering if I could get a better deal on a 2014 later or if I should go ahead and get this now.

Thanks

ceee5 said:

Good afternoon. I'd like to know if I could get numbers for the durango RT awd 2014. I was quoted at  roughly about 525 per month for a lease of 36 months 12 k per year miles with final price of 41000. Just wondering if I could get a better deal on a 2014 later or if I should go ahead and get this now.

Thanks

.00027 and 43% for 36/12. We wold need the MSRP in order to model the payment for you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell msrp is 45000

ceee5 said:

@Michaell msrp is 45000

i get a pre-tax payment of $617.68/mo for 36 months with your MSRP and selling price. The low residual is killing you on this.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gt12109gt12109 Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2014
    Good morning. Could I have the MF and Residual for 2014/2015 Durango AWD Citadel/Limited 36 or 39 for 12K miles? In Massachusetts if that matters at all.

Also every time I talk to a dealer they ask if I am currently leasing, which I am, and then I qualify for a lease conquest incentive. Is that incentive Manufacturer backed or just some dealer/bank incentive.
    gt12109 said:

Good morning. Could I have the MF and Residual for 2014/2015 Durango AWD Citadel/Limited 36 or 39 for 12K miles? In Massachusetts if that matters at all.

Also every time I talk to a dealer they ask if I am currently leasing, which I am, and then I qualify for a lease conquest incentive. Is that incentive Manufacturer backed or just some dealer/bank incentive.

Use the "Car Research" tab at the top of the page to link to the current incentives.

Best numbers this month are for 39 month lease terms.

No 2015 numbers for Durangos just yet.

2014 Citadel - .00017 and 46%

2014 Limited - .00016 and 47%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gt12109gt12109 Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2014
    Michaell said:

gt12109 said:

Use the "Car Research" tab at the top of the page to link to the current incentives.

Best numbers this month are for 39 month lease terms.

No 2015 numbers for Durangos just yet.

2014 Citadel - .00017 and 46%

2014 Limited - .00016 and 47%

Thanks for the information.
  • uniform251uniform251 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014
    I am looking at a 2014 Dodge Durango Rallye. Can you please tell me the current MF on a 36 month lease/12,000 miles. I am in South Florida. An additional question....Are the MF numbers being provided set by the leasing company or each dealership. I have been given numerous MF numbers at different dealerships. Also, what is the residual on the Rallye.....Again, Ive been given different percentages at different dealerships for the same vehicle. Thanks

I am looking at a 2014 Dodge Durango Rallye. Can you please tell me the current MF on a 36 month lease/12,000 miles. I am in South Florida. An additional question....Are the MF numbers being provided set by the leasing company or each dealership. I have been given numerous MF numbers at different dealerships. Also, what is the residual on the Rallye.....Again, Ive been given different percentages at different dealerships for the same vehicle. Thanks

Banks supply the money factor and residual for their leases. Dealers can mark up the money factor for extra profit, but the residual is set. However, Chrysler dealers have more than one bank to choose from, but we only have numbers from Chrysler Finance.

Only one other issue: I don't see a Durango "Rallye".
    R/T, Limited, Citadel, SXT, SXT Plus?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• newyork326newyork326 Member Posts: 2
    Was looking to lease a 2014 Durango R/T. Can someone please provide the new months Residual and Money Factor on 36/12k and 36/15k.
This discussion has been closed.