Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Buick Verano Starts at $24,305 | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2014 in Buick
image2015 Buick Verano Starts at $24,305 | Edmunds.com

The 2015 Buick Verano sedan starts at $24,305, reflecting a $320 price cut compared to the 2014 model.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175

Still a lot of money for a Daewoo Lacetti. I guess the only reason GM did not get rid of Buick is due to Chinese sales. Too bad the small cars of GM are now Daewoo based or Daewoo built.

• Options
    guy1974guy1974 Member Posts: 119

It is based off the Opel Astra chassis. Get your facts right.

• Options

@guy1974, verano is based off the chevy cruze which is a daewoo lacetti.
    http://www.worldcarfans.com/108110814656/chevy-cruze-based-daewoo-lacetti-launches-in-korea

• Options
    papatwicepapatwice Member Posts: 5

@kshankar - LOL, the page you're referring to has this title -"Chevy Cruze Based Daewoo Lacetti Launches in Korea" - and not the other way around.

Just sayin'

• Options

@papatwice, you are right LOL. But if you do the research, it will tell you what car its based off of. I think the title was messed up. LOL

• Options
    lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240

I drove the turbo model followed by the ILX 2.4i. I wanted to like the baby Buick more than the badge engineered Civic, but it just isn't up to par. The ILX not only handled better, but felt more powerful, without any turbo lag, and the fit and finish of the interior are simply better than the Buick. Neither car is that great, but the ILX has more room, is faster, and is simply manufactured like Honda of old. If Honda/Acura brought in the Integra/NSX design team and made this car look better, it would be a sales persons dream, but instead Honda made it look like a fancy Civic at a A3 price. The Verano is not any better in the looks department, and it's just as ugly in person.

• Options
    greg128greg128 Member Posts: 529
    edited August 2014

____ drove the turbo model followed by the ILX 2.4i. I wanted to like the baby Buick more than the badge engineered Civic, but it just isn't up to par. The ILX not only handled better, but felt more powerful, without any turbo lag, and the fit and finish of the interior are simply better than the Buick. Neither car is that great, but the ILX has more room, is faster, and is simply manufactur_ed like Honda of old___

Well according to Edmunds the Verano beats the Manual 2.4 ILX to 60 by a half second. The more powerful 2.4 ILX is not available with an automatic transmission, so if you choose not to row your own gears you have to settle for a 0-60 time of 9 seconds for the ILX versus 6.6 sec.
    for the Verano Turbo.