Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Yes, the Mountain Bike Fits - 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet
imageYes, the Mountain Bike Fits - 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds continues to be amazed at the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe's gigantic-for-a-sports-car trunk. You can even fit a mountain bike.

Read the full story here

Comments

• donszr1donszr1 Member Posts: 12

One of the great things about the Vette that makes it my only car and daily driver. How many sports cars are this practical and reliable? The kids at Costco love it when I make my weekly grocery run.

• willy69willy69 Member Posts: 4

Mountain bikes are great but I'd love to see a picture of two golf bags fit into the Corvette...that would truly be a deal breaker compared to any other sports car on the market.

• g_k1g_k1 Member Posts: 14

You can buy a dummy "axle" from Cinelli and others that holds the chain in place at the rear when the wheel is removed. By removing the seatpost I've been able to fit my 54cm fixie in both my (previous) Lotus Elise or current BMW M Roadster (2006) by placing the bike upside down in the front seat after removing the seatpost. The Cinelli part fits in the dropouts and is held in place by finger-tight "nuts", and I believe Pedro's makes a quick-release clamp with an attachment to hold the chain in its normal position (I have one but I don't remember where I purchased it).

• sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177

Free Tip: shift the chain to the big chainring on the crankset. That way you don't have exposed sharp teeth that can chew up an interior.

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021

Once again proving the superiority of the hatchback design.