Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Subaru Forester Prices: How much did you pay?

jdavidsonjdavidson Member Posts: 25
edited June 2014 in Subaru

started my search over the weekend using truecar:
2.5i premium auto with eyesight - $26,088 + tax and title

will continue to look.

please post prices in this thread exclusive of tax because we all have different tax rates. For example, if you have a quote for $30k not including tax and you're in a 6% sales tax state, post $30k, not, $31,800

Comments

• Options
    dan49dan49 Member Posts: 7

Really looking hard at the 2015 Forester, my other choice is the CR-V Looking to here what people are paying in the Massachusetts area, plan on buying in a month or so.
    Thanks
    Dano

• Options
    fred25fred25 Member Posts: 92

Dan49
    It would help if you provide the trim level model of the Subaru you are looking to purchase.

• Options
    subewannabesubewannabe Member Posts: 403

We tried to find a Blue 2014 XT Touring with Eyesight in dealer stock and started working with out local dealer to bring one in from another state but, lo and behold, our local dealer got a 2015 model, equipped how we wanted, in its allocation. We paid $34,290 for XT Touring with Eyesight, Popular Package 2, aero cross-bars, matching color side mouldings, all weather premium floor mats and splash guards. The manuals add up to over 2 inches of paper. We haven't sold our 2004 XT Premium, and its fun to see what advances have been made over 10 years.

• Options
    kmart00kmart00 Member Posts: 28

I have 4 months to decide what to do when my current lease is up. Looking at Subaru Forester Premium, Outback, Honda CRV, Kia Sorento and Sportage. I'll be monitoring this discussion closely :smiley:

• Options
    seamansseamans Member Posts: 1

Okay, I'm definitely looking very hard at a 2015 Forester. I am pretty much 99% set that I'm going to go ahead and buy one, and if I don't end up with a 15, I would settle for a 2010 - 2014 as long as the features I want are present. That said, I simply must have the 6 speed manual transmission. So for trim, I'm pretty much stuck with the baseline models. They offered me a sales price of $23,940 for the 2.5i Premium. It had a aforementioned 6 speed (which I absolutely adored), the standard back up camera, sunroof, cloth seats and I believe I noticed alloy wheels. Do you think this is a good deal, or should I press my luck and hold out for more. I have a 2002 base model Chevy Silverado V8 that I loathe driving now. It's in decent shape though, but very high mileage; right at 190K, so no one is going to buy that. They are offering me a trade in value of $2500 for it. I don't have anything to put down on it at the moment.
    Do you think I should consider a true base model without the alloy wheels? That would bring the price down a little bit.
    Thanks for your replies.

• Options
    kmart00kmart00 Member Posts: 28

about to pull the trigger on a 2015 2.5i Premium w all weather package. $27,000

including All Weather Floor Mats (BGA), Cargo Tray (MGD), Rear Bumper Cover (PGE), Trailer
    Hitch (QGO), Wheel Lock Kit (Alloy Wheels) (H8B), Splash Guard Kit (QGM), Fog Lamp Kit

• Gray Interior (QGT), Seat Back Cargo Net (MGA), Luggage Compartment Cover (OGA),
      Vertical Cargo Net (MGC), Side Cargo Net (Qty 2) (MGB)

this is in NJ... Good deal? I am going to lease it, so they are quoting me $1500 in 'drive off' fees, including first month's lease payment. Still waiting on breakdown of these fees... Lease pmt is $333 including NJ tax. money factor and residual matched what was quoted on lease thread. 15k miles on lease

• Options
    fred25fred25 Member Posts: 92

Kmart00 this appears to be a good deal. The only way to know is if you go to other dealers and ask for the identical options. Then you should be able to compare what others dealers are offering in NJ

• Options
    huntmachinehuntmachine Member Posts: 1

2015 Forester 2.5i Premium, All weather, Eyesight, Nav. $29,078 MSRP. $26,700 price paid.

• Options
    dcm61dcm61 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited June 2014

2015 2.5i Touring with Popular Package #1 + Splash Guard Kit. $28,862 + taxes/fees.
    VIP pricing (2% under invoice).

MSRP = $31,673, Invoice = $29,464.

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Let us help evaluate your Subaru Forester purchase. Please fill in all the fields below with your post:

1. Trim and factory options: __________________ (see this link to build your Forester)
    2. Dealer price is $____________.
    3. Doc fee is $_____________.
    4. Zip code __________.
    5. Other (extended warranty, service contract, dealer adds): _______________.

This info will help the other forum members compare your quote with True Market Value and actual deals being made around the country.

• Options
    kbzonkbzon Member Posts: 30

2015 2.5 Touring +remote starter, bumper cover, auto dimming mirror... MSRP$ 31806.00 paid $29400.00 in CT 06851

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153

Congrats on the new Subie!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    forester_gumforester_gum Member Posts: 1

2015 forester limited, msrp 296xx, paid 26200+TTL

Texas

• Options
    specializedbyspecializedby Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    Trim and factory options: 2015 2.5i Premium CVT (Cargo Tray, All-Weather Mats, Dim Mirror w/ Homelink, Luggage Compartment Cover)
    Dealer price is $24,077 (3.2% under invoice) + $255 (Title) + $1,926 (Sales Tax) +$80 (Doc Fee) + $27 (DMV Filing fee)
    Total Out-the-Door price: **$26,365**
    Zip code 92109 (San Diego, CA)
    Other (extended warranty, service contract, dealer adds): None

Thoughts?

• Options
    ajenkins82ajenkins82 Member Posts: 3

Been looking at both Honda CR-Vs and Foresters. Best offer on the Forester thus far is $23,000 (all dealer fees included) for the following:

2015 Forester 2.5i CVT

17-Inch Alloy Wheels

Roof Rails

MGD Cargo Tray

PGE Rear Bumper Cover

KGA Auto Dim Mirror Compass

STD Standard Destination Charge

Deal is in the Kansas City, MO area. Any thoughts?

• Options
    freddrfreddr Member Posts: 30
    Anyone know the money factor,msrp and residual factor on the 2015 Forester $249 lease?
    Thanks
  • Options

@freddr said:
    Anyone know the money factor,msrp and residual factor on the 2015 Forester $249 lease?
    Thanks

$23,045 MSRP. $1949 Due at signing. Assumes $510 discount from MSRP. 36mo, 12K/yr.

.00175 MF and 64% residual. Manual transmission, base model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    riverladyriverlady Member Posts: 2
    2015 premium 2.5i with eyesight
    auto dimming mirrors with compass
    aero bars for roof rack
    rear bumber guard
    all weather mats
    cargo tray
    cargo net
    luggage cover
    splash guards
    $26,100 and I forgot to get a tube of touch up paint!
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,550
    Sounds nicely loaded. What was MSRP with all that stuff?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    riverladyriverlady Member Posts: 2
    Just a thougt.......checked online for prices of options and found I could get most of them cheaper even with shipping for oem. I ordered the side window deflectors for about $20 less, same part number : )
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,550
    You usually can get cheaper. But remember, they don't come installed. And if they come on the car they are covered by the bumper to bumper warranty too.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    bluffsbluffs Member Posts: 8
    2015 2.5i Premium-CVT-all weather package MSRP $26,600 (New England)
    Paid $24,000 plus free luggage compartment cover and free oil change for life.
  • Options
    cantonman1cantonman1 Member Posts: 1
    2.5i Premium with floor mats, auto-dim mirror (no homelink), rear bumper cover, cargo tray. Automatic and standard equipment. $23,700. Drive-out $25,300.
  • Options
    balabbalab Member Posts: 4
    I'm about for the deal/quote I got: 2015 Forester 2.0XT Touring w/EyeSight-Navigation, Dark Grey xterior, Black interior and, the following options dealer installed @‌ Port :
    MGA (MGA) CARGO NET SEAT BACK
    PGE (PGE) REAR BUMPER COVER
    PGF (PGF) SPORT GRILLE GUNMETAL TRIM
    QGM (QGM) SPLASH GUARD KIT
    QGJ (QGJ) EXTERIOR AUTO DIMMING MIRROW W/APPROACH LIGHTING AUTO-DIM MIRROR W/COMPASS

$31,999 + tax,licence,doc,fees
    Is this a good deal?

Thanks
  • Options
    balabbalab Member Posts: 4
    BTW, the above just posted was the alternate. My original deal which I was almost took a plunge was an exact same vehicle type but, with different options installed as follow:

BGA (BGA) FLOOR MATS ALL WEATHER
    OGB (OGB) LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT COVER POWER REAR GATE
    PGE (PGE) REAR BUMPER COVER
    UGA (UGA) CROSS BAR SET AERO

$31,457 + tax,licence,doc,fees

However, this vehicle was no longer available when I decided to go for it after a couple days of analyzing and digesting the options/trim/price.
    The dealer offered me a somewhat similar (type) as above. I figured I would go for it (the alternate) and look for the options (from the original options) online and install them myself.
    The best part of these two (options) might be the SPORT GRILL which I think it looks nice on a Dark Grey
  • Options
    tennineeighttennineeight Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    Working on purchasing my first car online, a 2015 subaru forester. Below are the two options. I was wondering if you could tell me if either are competitive offers or not.

Choice 1:
    2.5 premium automatic
    all weather package
    eyesight and navigation
    popular package 2
    All weather floor mats
    Subtotal: $26,300
    PA Tax: $1,578
    PA Tags: $168.50
    Documentation: $269
    Final Price: $28,315.5

Choice 2:
    2.5 premium automatic
    AWP
    Popular Package 2
    subtotal is $24,627 PLUS tags, tags and doc fees which are comparable to above

Both of these prices seems to be below both the KBB and True Market Value numbers that I can find. Am i getting hosed somewhere in here?
  • Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Anybody buying a 2015 Forester. I'm around we could talk about pricing

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    aussiequattroaussiequattro Member Posts: 1
    I'm just browsing for a Forester Premium. Thought I'd start here. There seems to be a lot more discussion about leasing than buying, which is consistent with what the sales guy told me when we were shooting the breeze while the shop was diagnosing the exhaust on my 97 Imprezza Outback Sport. Does leasing make more sense or does it depend on how long you plan on keeping the car? If it's any indication I bought the one I have now when it was 2 1/2 years old.

How reliable are services like True Car and Consumer Reports "Cars Best Deals Plus"? I took a quick look at True Car and what seems like Edmunds' version. Those almost seem like a car buying service. I was put off by True Car in particular which wanted to know my choice of color, since color is pretty much the last thing I care about.
  • Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Those mentioned services are best used as a guide and not a final price.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    woodstickwoodstick Member Posts: 2
    I just bought two 2015 2.5i Foresters with automatic transmission, alloy wheels and popular option 2 package. MSRP was 25,406; sale price was 22,800 plus tax and tags. Also got the 0.9% Subaru financing for 48 months.
  • Options
    jbbeveljbbevel Member Posts: 28
    2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring (CVT) 4dr All-wheel Drive

MSRP: $31,669

SALE PRICE: $27,361 (before tax, license, doc. fees)

2015 Forester 2.5i Touring CVT

Burnished Bronze exterior

Black interior

Option Package 31

Standard Model

Popular Package #2

Dim Mirror/Com w/Homelink

Ext Mirror w Appro Lt/Compass

Rear Bumper Cover

Seat Back Cargo Net

All Weather Floor Mats

OTD: $29,816
  • Options
    jbbevel said:

Burnished Bronze exterior

Black interior

Option Package 31

Standard Model

Popular Package #2

Dim Mirror/Com w/Homelink

Ext Mirror w Appro Lt/Compass

Rear Bumper Cover

Seat Back Cargo Net

All Weather Floor Mats

OTD: $29,816

Congrats on the new Subaru! Nice deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    dcm61dcm61 Member Posts: 1,567
    jbbevel said:

$2000 under invoice ... seems like the dealer is losing big money. Did you have a trade in?
  • Options
    ppmdppmd Member Posts: 3
    2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring

Jasmine Green exterior / Gray Interior

All weather mats
    Rear bumper cover
    Ext mirror with approach light / compass / HomeLink
    Window tint
    Vehicle theft etching
    Mud flaps
    (NO navigation or EyeSight)

$28,848 before tax, lic/reg, doc fees
  • Options
    metaphysicalmetaphysical Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2015
    2.5i base model automatic with alloy wheels and some other random upgrade for $22200 + tax and fees. SoCal.
  • Options
    lonestar7lonestar7 Member Posts: 1
    I'm considering a 2015 Forester: Cloth interior, 17 inch Alloy Wheels, Black finish roof rail, Cargo Tray, All Weather Floor Mats.
    MSRP $24,792. Dealer will sell it for $23,000 exactly. I'd greatly appreciate feedback about this. Thanks.
  • Options
    kingofspamkingofspam Member Posts: 8
    My dad just bought a 2015 Forester Limited Nav/Harmon Kardon/Eyesight (white w/gray leather interior) in San Diego County. MSRP 32384, sale price 28934, 0% factor financing for four years. We usually both pay cash for cars, but when you can use somebody else's money for free...

That wasn't a bad price, based on what I've seen here on Edmunds and also on TrueCar, but somewhat to my surprise, that number - their "Internet price" was something they would not move from at all. That was a take it or leave it price, so we took it. It's not like the $8000 off MSRP we got on an Odyssey EX-L RESNAV in 2009, but the economy was rougher then, and that dealer had 30 Odysseys in inventory. The only other 2015 Foresters with Eyesight at this dealer were Touring models (he would have taken one, if they were still there) sold the day before, and both Eyesight and the color were important (red would have been OK, too). Might have done just as well on price for a 2016, but then he would have paid cash rather than finance, and that 0% interest was very attractive, so we took it.

Not unhappy with the price, and _maybe_ their Internet price really is their final price. OTOH, if it was a 2016, it might have been less final. Would be interested to hear others' experiences regarding Soob dealers and Internet pricing.

Anyway, it's a really nice vehicle. Well equipped, good on the road. I prefer the road feel of my Odyssey (the steering resistance is just perfect for my tastes), but the Forester is great. I drove it home from the dealership while he followed in his car, and fully enjoyed it. Mileage (almost all freeway) was 32.something for the 30-mile trip. I've done that well once (for a whole tank) with our Mazda 5, and it has a smaller engine. I'm impressed.

• Options

My dad just bought a 2015 Forester Limited Nav/Harmon Kardon/Eyesight (white w/gray leather interior) in San Diego County. MSRP 32384, sale price 28934, 0% factor financing for four years. We usually both pay cash for cars, but when you can use somebody else's money for free...

That wasn't a bad price, based on what I've seen here on Edmunds and also on TrueCar, but somewhat to my surprise, that number - their "Internet price" was something they would not move from at all. That was a take it or leave it price, so we took it. It's not like the $8000 off MSRP we got on an Odyssey EX-L RESNAV in 2009, but the economy was rougher then, and that dealer had 30 Odysseys in inventory. The only other 2015 Foresters with Eyesight at this dealer were Touring models (he would have taken one, if they were still there) sold the day before, and both Eyesight and the color were important (red would have been OK, too). Might have done just as well on price for a 2016, but then he would have paid cash rather than finance, and that 0% interest was very attractive, so we took it.

Not unhappy with the price, and _maybe_ their Internet price really is their final price. OTOH, if it was a 2016, it might have been less final. Would be interested to hear others' experiences regarding Soob dealers and Internet pricing.

Anyway, it's a really nice vehicle. Well equipped, good on the road. I prefer the road feel of my Odyssey (the steering resistance is just perfect for my tastes), but the Forester is great. I drove it home from the dealership while he followed in his car, and fully enjoyed it. Mileage (almost all freeway) was 32.something for the 30-mile trip. I've done that well once (for a whole tank) with our Mazda 5, and it has a smaller engine. I'm impressed.

Congrats to your Dad on the new Forester!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Nice summary, thanks. Subaru can't do any wrong and they (still) can't keep up with demand. Even in sunny San Diego apparently. Heard a lot of good stuff about Eyesight too.
  • Options
    shopsalot1shopsalot1 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2015
    I live in NJ and looking to purchase from a NY dealership (a Subaru 2016 2.5i Touring) - way better pricing quoted there (using TruCar). Has anyone done this and how was the experience. Can I mention the dealer name here?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289

I live in NJ and looking to purchase from a NY dealership (a Subaru 2016 2.5i Touring) - way better pricing quoted there (using TruCar). Has anyone done this and how was the experience. Can I mention the dealer name here?

Yes, you can mention the dealer name - just no contact information (website, phone, email).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    edited January 2016
    If you are 35 or under and recently bought a new Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4 or similar vehicle to transport your young family, a reporter would like to talk with you. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, January 7, 2016 and include your age, the age of your children and a few words about your vehicle choice.
  • Options
    samp9samp9 Member Posts: 5
    This is best quote I got it from a dealer. He said he is loosing money and getting from another deal to sell at that price and that is final and no more negotiations. All the discussion was through email/phone so far. Planning to go and see him tomorrow.. Can I pull the trigger? or can I do it little better by month end? Please advise. TIA.

Forster Premium CVT with All weather + EyeSight Selling price : $25647