Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 BMW 4-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,029

@robphanz said:
    Hi all,

I am new to this so bear with me, I am looking at this current BMW lease deal for 2014 435i xDrive.

$489*/month for 36 months. $1,000 Build-Out Cash is included in payment.
    • $489 First months payment
    • $3,000 Down payment
    • $0 Security Deposit
    • $725 Acquisition fee
    • $4,214 Cash due at signing

My question is what would a reasonable negotiation be monthly with tax, title etc.. MSRP is 51,150 I believe. I would like to have 12K miles/36 months.

We would need to know the negotiated selling price.

Putting money down on a lease is something we do not recommend - if the car is stolen or totaled, you would be out that money.

Better to use that cash to make MSDs to reduce the MF - you get the money back at the end of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• davidwh55davidwh55 Member Posts: 3

Hi all!

First time poster. I got offered for a BMW 435i coupe:

MSRP is $59,525 (including destination & handling)
    Selling price : $55,400
    Money Factor : 0.014
    residual : 60%
    Due at signing: $3500 - $1000 ultimate driving experience rebate = $2500 (includes 1st payment)
    Monthly: $699 (after CA tax)
    12k miles/ 36 months

Is this a good deal?

Thank you!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

@davidwh55 said:
    Hi all!

First time poster. I got offered for a BMW 435i coupe:

Due at signing: $3500 - $1000 ultimate driving experience rebate = $2500 (includes 1st payment)
    12k miles/ 36 months

Is this a good deal?

Thank you!

Is that a 2015 model?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• davidwh55davidwh55 Member Posts: 3

@kyfdx said:
    Is that a 2015 model?

Ops! Sorry, didn't realize the title of the post until now. Yes, it's a 2015 model. If you can move this post to the appropriate thread. My apologies.

@davidwh55 said:
    Hi all!

First time poster. I got offered for a 2015 BMW 435i coupe:

12k miles/ 36 months

Is this a good deal?

Thank you!

It's a decent deal for a 2015. Money factor is marked up from the base number of .0013 (assuming yours is .0014, not .014)

Looks like they might be hiding some marked up fees in that $3500 upfront (though getting the $1000 rebate is gravy).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• luvbav86luvbav86 Member Posts: 22

Does that $1k rebate come from the dealer? I've negotiated my car down to $48,000 from $52,250 MSRP on a 2014 428xi. I haven't been offered any incentives or rebates, is that because i've gotten around 8% off MSRP?

I'm going to sign the deal this week but am wondering now how to get the $1k.

• robphanzrobphanz Member Posts: 18

thanks for your reply @Michaell. I will have to get back with you on the selling price. They have to look around for a 2014 with just the premium option on it. Currently all I know is:

MSRP: 51,125
    Total payment will be 535.36
    12k miles a year
    disposition fee 350.

I talked to the dealer about MSDs instead of down payment he said he will be able to honor that so we will see how that goes. We also asked if we payed with cash all up front will they be able to work something else out for us he said he will let us know :)

@luvbav86 said:
    Does that $1k rebate come from the dealer? I've negotiated my car down to $48,000 from $52,250 MSRP on a 2014 428xi. I haven't been offered any incentives or rebates, is that because i've gotten around 8% off MSRP?

I'm going to sign the deal this week but am wondering now how to get the $1k.

The $1000 rebate comes from participating in The Ultimate Driving Experience.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

So the car I am getting is a simple dealer swap, I put down a $1k deposit and the car is being transported to this dealership. However, I now want to do a driving experience for $1k rebate from a dealer, but i'm being told by my purchasing dealer that I cannot do it because I already placed an order before doing the event. I didn't actually ORDER the car though, it is just a dealer swap. Does this make sense? Should I fight to get the $1k rebate?

edited September 2014

So i'm in total confusion right now....wondering if I should cancel my order and try and do an event and re-order a car. The car was from another dealer's inventory anyway. Wondering if I actually got a good deal. How do I check the invoice price?

The MSRP is $52,025
    Sale price $48,000
    MF .00013 and then 7 MSDs
    residual 60% (15k miles / 36 mo)
    acq fee 725, doc fee 369, taxes 1505
    payment $530/mo

Would really like to get the $1k rebate.... with all words of incentives, feel like i'm paying too much by not getting any loyalty credit or rebates..... what does everyone else think?

• obanhawyobanhawy Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2014

2015 428 xdrive luxury line, tech, cold weather and premium package. MSRP $53,360 sale price $49,960 after applying $1000 un4gettable drive credit. 36 mo 12K residual 60% money factor .00150 925 Acquisition fee.$975 at signing and 687/month. Seems really different from what is posted here. I live in michigan if that makes any difference and if anyone has any dealer recommendations they would be much appreicated. Also does anyone have an idea on the September lease rates yet? This was with the august rates

does anyone know the september lease terms being offered on a 2014 428xi for 36mo/15k?

@luvbav86 said:
    does anyone know the september lease terms being offered on a 2014 428xi for 36mo/15k?

.00129 MF and 58% residual. $1000 innovation credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tdogttdogt Member Posts: 1

On Edmund's incentive section, for 2014 4 series coupe incentives starting September 2, it states that there is "$950.00 Dealer contribution and $1,000 Lease Cash (Innovations Credit)" Does that mean the total incentive for September is $ 1950 ?
    If that's the case, should i aim for invoice minus $1950 for 2014 coupe?
    Also, is the money factor 0.0013, and Residual for 12k/per year x 36 months 0.62?
    Thanks in advance!

Posted in the wrong section yesterday. Here was my post:

Here is the information I received from the dealer:

MSRP: 56,425 Discount: 2,560 Sale Price: 53,865

MSDs: 5,250 Upfront Charges: 351.63 Monthly Payment is 733.69

Money Factor/rate .0012 Residual amount 33,855 12k miles

Due one Delivery 6,335.32

I feel like this is too high of a monthly payment. What do you guys think?

• LubDubLubDub Member Posts: 12

Hi all... working on a lease on a 2015 435xi Gran Coupe with cold, driver assistance, premium, technology and M sport packages. Also going for enhanced USB/bluetooth plus integration// MSRP comes to $60,150.

its 12k a year for 36 months

Dealer sent me following:

$709 a month
    out of pocket is $2,134 (he wrote "all figures are just with inceptions out of pocket and include sales tax")

i asked him for the breakdown on the sell price, MF and residual % so i will post that as soon as i know but I respect the opinions on here and wanted a general "whaddya guys think" on these numbers?

thanks!

@tdogt said:
    On Edmund's incentive section, for 2014 4 series coupe incentives starting September 2, it states that there is "$950.00 Dealer contribution and $1,000 Lease Cash (Innovations Credit)" Does that mean the total incentive for September is $ 1950 ?
    If that's the case, should i aim for invoice minus $1950 for 2014 coupe?
    Also, is the money factor 0.0013, and Residual for 12k/per year x 36 months 0.62?
    Thanks in advance!

No.. .it means there is a $1000 incentive, and that the advertised payment assumes a dealer discount from MSRP of $950. Which shows there is still some more room to negotiate below the advertised deal.

Aim for invoice minus the $1000. Might not get it, but that's the bottom, I think.

.00129 MF and 60% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@LubDub said:
    Hi all... working on a lease on a 2015 435xi Gran Coupe with cold, driver assistance, premium, technology and M sport packages. Also going for enhanced USB/bluetooth plus integration// MSRP comes to $60,150.

its 12k a year for 36 months

Dealer sent me following:

$709 a month
    out of pocket is $2,134 (he wrote "all figures are just with inceptions out of pocket and include sales tax")

i asked him for the breakdown on the sell price, MF and residual % so i will post that as soon as i know but I respect the opinions on here and wanted a general "whaddya guys think" on these numbers?

thanks!

Answered in your other discussion.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

My dealer is saying the innovations credit is already factored into my sale price....MSRP of $52,235 and sale price of $48,000. What do you guys think? Should I push for more or is this good? What would invoice price be on my car of MSRP of $52,235?

edited September 2014

@luvbav86 said:
    My dealer is saying the innovations credit is already factored into my sale price....MSRP of $52,235 and sale price of $48,000. What do you guys think? Should I push for more or is this good? What would invoice price be on my car of MSRP of $52,235?

Close to a 7% discount from MSRP... minus the incentive.. That's a decent selling price.

You can build your car using the tabs at the top of the page, and Edmunds will give you the invoice price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx...What is the best discount from MSRP we have seen? I'm assuming at 8% they begin to lose money on the car?

@luvbav86 said:
    Thanks kyfdx...What is the best discount from MSRP we have seen? I'm assuming at 8% they begin to lose money on the car?

We don't track individual deals; just give general targets for discounts.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Thanks....just wanted to know if it's a good target for a discount...$52235 msrp, $1k innovation credit then about 6.3% off?

@luvbav86 said:
    Thanks....just wanted to know if it's a good target for a discount...$52235 msrp, $1k innovation credit then about 6.3% off?

Sounds about right. Use the pricing tools at the top of the page to review.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited September 2014

Looks like the dealer lied to me.....he said my sale price of $48,000 always included this innovation credit but I looked it up through your price promise and it says the credit only became available on 9/3! so they are basically taking that credit as pure profit. Shouldn't this be something that flows to me? I was'nt able to get the un4gettable rebate, but I am going to push for this...I was supposed to close on the deal today, but this is nearly $30/month off the lease. Can anyone tell me if there was any $1k incentives in august, in case he tries to tell me it replaced a different incentive??? Thanks guys.

@luvbav86 said:
    Looks like the dealer lied to me.....he said my sale price of $48,000 always included this innovation credit but I looked it up through your price promise and it says the credit only became available on 9/3! so they are basically taking that credit as pure profit. Shouldn't this be something that flows to me? I was'nt able to get the un4gettable rebate, but I am going to push for this...I was supposed to close on the deal today, but this is nearly $30/month off the lease. Can anyone tell me if there was any $1k incentives in august, in case he tries to tell me it replaced a different incentive??? Thanks guys.

$1000 in August, as well... they called it buildout cash, then.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank ya'll. Everything worked out. My CA was really great and explained to me that the $1k was for both months. Pulled the trigger, went today to sign the lease and pick up my beautiful imperial blue beauty.

Thanks for all the help on here... leasing is all about knowing the important factors and I didnt' know anything about it. My CA was very impressed by what I knew, and I definitely saved a lot of money by using this site as a source.

Take care ya'll, see you guys in 3 years!

@luvbav86 said:
    Thank ya'll. Everything worked out. My CA was really great and explained to me that the $1k was for both months. Pulled the trigger, went today to sign the lease and pick up my beautiful imperial blue beauty.

Thanks for all the help on here... leasing is all about knowing the important factors and I didnt' know anything about it. My CA was very impressed by what I knew, and I definitely saved a lot of money by using this site as a source.

Take care ya'll, see you guys in 3 years!

Congrats on the new BMW!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• neoroseneorose Member Posts: 50

Might someone have the MF and residuals for the convertible version of the 428i and 435i and even the 428xi.  Term is flexible, so, 24 month, 27 month and 36 month would be helpful any term that BMW may be making "sweet".

Thank you.

neorose said:

Might someone have the MF and residuals for the convertible version of the 428i and 435i and even the 428xi.  Term is flexible, so, 24 month, 27 month and 36 month would be helpful any term that BMW may be making "sweet".

Thank you.

.00129 MF and 64% residual for 32 month, 15K/yr lease. $1000 Innovation Credit.

Same numbers for all three models. 32 month is the special term for the 2014 convertible, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfd\thanks for your reply on the other post in the other forum. sorry for late reply.

So here's my dilemma and I need some help on it. I am thinking about doing a one time payment lease and here are the numbers.
      MSRP 56,425
    • Sale Price 53,685
    MF .00089
    • 676.43 mos.
    25,473.36 due on delivery

Another dealer will give me it for 24,500. Do you think that is a good deal?

• neoroseneorose Member Posts: 50

thank you, Kyfdx.

robphanz said:

@kyfd\thanks for your reply on the other post in the other forum. sorry for late reply.

So here's my dilemma and I need some help on it. I am thinking about doing a one time payment lease and here are the numbers.

MSRP 56,425
    • Sale Price 53,685
    MF .00089
    • 676.43 mos.
    25,473.36 due on delivery

Another dealer will give me it for 24,500. Do you think that is a good deal?

Less than $1000 off MSRP? Not much of a deal. I'm not surprised the other dealer can beat it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx it's about 2,500 off MSRP from the 25,473.36 one time payment.
    robphanz said:

@kyfdx it's about 2,500 off MSRP from the 25,473.36 one time payment.

My bad... the numbers run together after awhile. ;)

Obviously, the 2nd deal is better.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73

Same numbers for all three models. 32 month is the special term for the 2014 convertible, this month.

Does this mean the 10k residual is 67%? Is so, thats pretty solid. My lease is up in December. I was interested in maybe doing the pull ahead program but it seems like that has lapsed. Any info on whether they might bring it back?

warbern said:

Does this mean the 10k residual is 67%? Is so, thats pretty solid. My lease is up in December. I was interested in maybe doing the pull ahead program but it seems like that has lapsed. Any info on whether they might bring it back?

Yes, 10K residual is 3% higher than for 15K.

Hard to predict what programs will be offered in the future.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@kyfdx Yeah I just wanted to see if 24,500 would be a great deal for 36 mos. 12 K
  • cashewnutcashewnut Member Posts: 1
    Could you please tell me the residual, money factor, and available innovations credit (if any) for a 36-mo, 15k/year lease of a 2015 435i xDrive Gran Coupe?
    cashewnut said:

Could you please tell me the residual, money factor, and available innovations credit (if any) for a 36-mo, 15k/year lease of a 2015 435i xDrive Gran Coupe?

.00129 MF and 60% residual. $750 credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• obanhawyobanhawy Member Posts: 15

I am not sure if I am supposed to post here  as I am not getting any comments to my posts in the 2015 4-series. It's my first time on the forum.  Here is the deal I got for a 2015 428xi coupe. MSRP 52,050 after 750 and bmw un4gettable drive credit the dealer is offering negotiated price 47,700 Mf 0.00129 residual 62% 725 acquisition fee. At this point monthly payment of $586 for 12k 36month lease. How does this sound? 

Thank you all this forum has been really helpful !

obanhawy said:

I am not sure if I am supposed to post here  as I am not getting any comments to my posts in the 2015 4-series. It's my first time on the forum.  Here is the deal I got for a 2015 428xi coupe. MSRP 52,050 after 750 and bmw un4gettable drive credit the dealer is offering negotiated price 47,700 Mf 0.00129 residual 62% 725 acquisition fee. At this point monthly payment of $586 for 12k 36month lease. How does this sound? 

Thank you all this forum has been really helpful !

I did answer your question in the other discussion you posted in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• raghavraghav Member Posts: 14
    Looking for advice on a trade assist ... I have a 5-month old 428xi that has unfortunately had so many issues, that BMW has agreed to a trade assist. I am under the impression that I can change options if I'd like, but that may involve renegotiating the finances, so it seems like the safest option is to ask for an exact replacement. Is anyone familiar with this process? Would I have to renegotiate the deal? Do the incentives factor into any of this? Essentially, I'm wondering whether I need to re-read this forum in the next few days to prepare! Thank you!
  • akrakr Member Posts: 33

Please comment on the following lease for a 428X convertible 2015. 

3k down 10k miles 566 month for a 36 month lease including 7% sales tax.  MSRP is 55,200. So far I don't have a cap cost. However my calculation is using a MF of .00129 and residual of 67% is the cap cost they are charging is not far from MSRP- 54,500 to get the lease payment. 

Dealer cost according to Edmunds is 50850 so if my calculation is correct they are making a big profit- how much exactly? I know BMW has an innovations credit, whatever that means of 750 this month. 

No dealer I have spoken to in this area has a base 428X C without a bunch of packages raising the MSRP far above this level. 

So while the fact I am having difficulty getting a cap cost and MF out of them is something I would normally walk due to, I am still trying to find out if this deal is a total rip off. The monthly is fine but the 3k down that they won't budge on without raising the monthly is the area that too high.  

Please give me your expert comments. Thanks 

Forgot to add also need to pay 795 acquisition fee and 300 doc fee plus state registeration upfront in addition to the 3k cap cost reduction. 

akr said:

Please comment on the following lease for a 428X convertible 2015. 

3k down 10k miles 566 month for a 36 month lease including 7% sales tax.  MSRP is 55,200. So far I don't have a cap cost. However my calculation is using a MF of .00129 and residual of 67% is the cap cost they are charging is not far from MSRP- 54,500 to get the lease payment. 

Dealer cost according to Edmunds is 50850 so if my calculation is correct they are making a big profit- how much exactly? I know BMW has an innovations credit, whatever that means of 750 this month. 

No dealer I have spoken to in this area has a base 428X C without a bunch of packages raising the MSRP far above this level. 

So while the fact I am having difficulty getting a cap cost and MF out of them is something I would normally walk due to, I am still trying to find out if this deal is a total rip off. The monthly is fine but the 3k down that they won't budge on without raising the monthly is the area that too high.  

Please give me your expert comments. Thanks 

$3000 cap cost reduction works out to $84/mo off the payment ... we don't recommend you do that, as if the the car is stolen or totaled you are out the money. Instead consider using that cash for MSDs to lower the MF.

Without the cap cost it's hard to fully evaluate the deal.

The 36/10 residual for the 2015 428i xDrive convertible is 63%, not 67%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you very much. Do you know if they still have the 32 month program with the 67% residual (10k). Also how much do multiple security deposits reduce the MF. Thanks

akr said:

Thank you very much. Do you know if they still have the 32 month program with the 67% residual (10k). Also how much do multiple security deposits reduce the MF. Thanks

The only 32 month program available for 2015 models is on the Z4.

Each MSD reduces the MF by .00007

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• moglislbmoglislb Member Posts: 1
    Need help in understanding if this is a good deal for 2014 428i Convertible. As per dealer there is only one car on special with this offer.

MSRP:50,885
    Initial Cap Cost: 46650
    Adj Cap Cost: 47655
    MF: 0.00129
    Residual : 67%
    Acquisition fee: 1005
    Includes 1000 innovation credit
    32 month closed end lease
    Cash Surplus = -1032
    Drive off = 1032
    Per momth Payment: 529.26
    With tax: 571.60

Basically no cost to drive off and payment of 571.60 including taxes from next month. Would highly appreciate any feedback.
    moglislb said:

Need help in understanding if this is a good deal for 2014 428i Convertible. As per dealer there is only one car on special with this offer.

MSRP:50,885
    Initial Cap Cost: 46650
    Adj Cap Cost: 47655
    MF: 0.00129
    Residual : 67%
    Acquisition fee: 1005
    Includes 1000 innovation credit
    32 month closed end lease
    Cash Surplus = -1032
    Drive off = 1032
    Per momth Payment: 529.26
    With tax: 571.60

Basically no cost to drive off and payment of 571.60 including taxes from next month. Would highly appreciate any feedback.

It is a decent deal.. The acquisition fee can't be higher than $925, so maybe that includes an $80 doc fee? (California?) The base acq.fee is $725. The payment is correct to the penny. 7 MSDs at $550 each would knock about $43/mo. off.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.