Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Maintenance issues with a 2008 Buick Enclave

mujktjmujktj Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in Buick

Those interested in Enclaves should exercise caution. I have a 2008 Enclave with 87,000 miles and is quickly becoming a maintenance nighmare. In the past two months I have had to replace the power steering pump/rack, cam sensors, oil sending unit, and now the service airbag light is on (bad module) and the dealer wants $700 to repair. Tally all this up and it's $3K.

It's evident there is an issue with the power steering/rack given the pending class action lawsuit on 2009-2012 models. I cannot believe there has not been a recall.

What was once my dream vehicle has become an unreliable maintence nightmare. I should have known better 5 years ago and stayed with Honda.

Most concerning is I convinced three close friends to purchase Enclave's. Based on what I am experiencing they are now questioning why I did.

Anyone else experincing the same level of issues?

Comments

• mgarner1234mgarner1234 Member Posts: 6

We just bought a 2008 enclave 60000 miles. Just took it to the dealership $2000 later to repair bunch of stuff. Had Toyota with 216000 miles and never had these problems. Should have know better than buy gm car

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

Hello mgarner1234,

We understand you recently had to take your Buick Enclave into the dealership for repairs and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. If you have any vehicle specific questions or concerns moving forward, please know we're always here to assist.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care

@mgarner1234 said:
    We just bought a 2008 enclave 60000 miles. Just took it to the dealership $2000 later to repair bunch of stuff. Had Toyota with 216000 miles and never had these problems. Should have know better than buy gm car

• mgarner1234mgarner1234 Member Posts: 6

Just wanted to post an update. Took the 2008 Enclave to another car repair shop. Buick = $2000.00 Same repairs at another shop $850.00 If you like getting charged double for repairs take it here. Otherwise have an independent mechanic tell you what you really need to fix and what it will cost.
    Motor mounts broken after only 60000 miles. AC hose leaking. Buick recommended tune up after only 60000 miles as well.
    Last GM car ever for me.

• emardiniemardini Member Posts: 8
    Just purchased a 2008 Enclave with 113000 miles on it, I took it for inspection and it has oil leaks in the front timing cover, the rear seal and is leaking in the steering gear. The dealer (Perry Buick in Norfolk) is charging me a ridiculously high amount of money to repair these leaks: $3000, Other than that I will need to replace struts ($650) and axle ($650).

To fix my steering pump noise they are charging $1300, way too much!!

I should say that I feel like the dumbest person in the world for having purchased this car. I have a Hyundai with more than 1700000 miles and none os f this issues.

What is your advise? What should I do?