Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mad Max's Car?

johnbonojohnbono Member Posts: 80
I was watching the movie Mad Max yesterday, and
every time I've watched it, I've tried to find out
what kind of car that Max drives in the movie(the
big black one, with that big honkin' supercharger).
Does anyone know? I think it is american, but
other than that, I have no idea.
Tagged:

Comments

• modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    I always thought it was a '71-'73 Mustang Fastback but someone told me it was a Holden which is Australian for G.M. mate.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Oh, that was a MOVIE...I thought it was a Harley Davidson advertisment...(slapping forehead).

I remember his car as some kind of Hollywood version of a Dodge Charger...picture! We need a picture! Anybody???
  • johnbonojohnbono Member Posts: 80
    Well, I found out what the car was. It was a 1970's ford falcon XB, which was built in Australia, and has a design similar to a Torino. The car had a 351 engine. The supercharger, however, was *not* working, but was put in for show, and the other engine bits were shuffled around. Here is a picture:

The same car was used for Road Warrior, and the back was removed to add two big fuel tanks. BTW, the car blown up in Road Warrior was *not* the original interceptor, but a copy used for stunt shoots.
  • sebringjxisebringjxi Member Posts: 140
    My kids have watched that movie a thousand times in the van with the sound on the rear speakers and I'm almost certain I've heard it referred to as "the last of the V8 Interceptors". Not to be confused with a Jensen Interceptor, rather a police interceptor vehicle. Like I said, I've heard it a thousand times, but haven't actually seen it in years! (Always makes me drive faster when it's on though--kind of like Speed and Days of Thunder!)

Carry on Mate!

Hal
  • johnbonojohnbono Member Posts: 80
    Best lines from the movie--
    "It's a v8, powered by methane! Super Hot!"
    "Contalini....wants his hand back!"
  • SPYDER98SPYDER98 Member Posts: 239
    Did the car have to blow up in the Road warrior??? WHY, WHY WHY!!!It just was'nt the same anymore. Why did'nt Max get the supercharger going sooner?
    Damn NITROUS!!!
This discussion has been closed.