Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 300

Comments

• kat2858kat2858 Member Posts: 6
    Aye
  • PeterunPeterun Member Posts: 83
    AYE!!!! Peter
  • cfgrosscfgross Member Posts: 54
    Resounding Aye!
  • edev31edev31 Member Posts: 41
    AYE!

rx330guy-My sentiments exactly! Thank you!
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Member Posts: 619
    Aye!
  • rx330guyrx330guy Member Posts: 7
    AYE!
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    AYE: 13

NAY: 1

tidester, host
  • gambiamangambiaman Member Posts: 131
    Nay
  • honmdshonmds Member Posts: 3
    Aye
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Nay

Pete
  • bentwrenchbentwrench Member Posts: 27
    Nay
  • albellalbell Member Posts: 185
    nay
  • fantomfantom Member Posts: 211
    330 isn't even out, yet I already detect a whine.
  • jeffmust2jeffmust2 Member Posts: 811
    Same dealership $100 oil changes will apply to both RX300 and RX330 -
    ...because...its...the...same...dealer!
  • carprepcarprep Member Posts: 8
    Aye
    But, it's a DIFFERENT vehicle! Different vehicle, different boards.

I don't choose to engage in a discussion with someone who would pay $100 for an oil change anyway.
  • bobfloydbobfloyd Member Posts: 32
    Same board!
  • kmhkmh Member Posts: 143
    nay.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Anyone seen Kathleen Harris around? We may need some help sorting out the hanging chads in here.

Steve, Host
  • davek11davek11 Member Posts: 1
  • albellalbell Member Posts: 185
    French and germans think?
  • leonivleoniv Member Posts: 120
  • lugnutgirllugnutgirl Member Posts: 2
    Aye
  • mooretorquemooretorque Member Posts: 241
    "I don't choose to engage in a discussion with someone who would pay $100 for an oil change anyway. "

In that case, don't talk to yourself, because IF you go to your friendly neighborhoos Lexus dealer for an oil change, you will.

And as jeff and I have both pointed out, it's not the car, it's the dealer.......I really don't think they'll adopt a new posture on service just bacause there's a bright new RX330 in the bay instead of one of those boring old 300s. ;)

Vote? Nay. (But since I live here in the old South, I can be bought.......)
    If I spend $100.00 on an oil change, I'll stop talking to myself too. Yes, I understand. SOME Lexus dealers charge that much. Not in California. My friendly neighborhood Lexus dealer charges $49.95. Unlikely I will be visiting them every 3500 miles though. Cost at the independent shop down the street is $24.95.

And as RX330Guy pointed out before, prospective RX330 buyers are ONLY interested in accessing information that pertains to the new vehicle, without having to weed through 7030 posts about tire selections, fuel octane, steering wheel noises, etc. on the different RX300.

How much to buy your vote Dr. Moore?
  • lugnutgirllugnutgirl Member Posts: 2
    I agree carprep!

I also live on the West Coast and pay $39.95. Now here WE are talking about the cost of oil changes!
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    I offered him a margarita, but he failed to show.

Maybe two(?), and in LR itself this time?
    carprep, that's a GREAT deal, or at least as close as you'll get to one at Lexus; I remember those wonderful days when I'd get my SC serviced, a loaner, AND my tank filled, all for about $50!! Unfortunately, that was back in '93. Then prices started to rise significantly and, 4 years ago, the dealer discontinued the free fillups. There is something to be said for competition, of which my local dealer has none.

I believe lugnutgirl is beginning to make the case that talking about oil changes is addictive. Either the FDA may want to require warning labels or make them a controlled substance, like narcotics, that could only be prescribed by a physician. ; )

Willard, to be perfectly accurate, I declined the invitation, tempting though it was. To say that I failed to show implies a breach of etiquette for which Miss Manners would give me a stern look. (Are you actually coming to The Rock?)

As far as my vote: after due consideration, it's up for grabs. Opening/reserve: 1 quart of Mobil1 and a bottle of Zaino Z6. Let the bidding begin!!
  • borg1of2borg1of2 Member Posts: 90
    All,

Does anyone have any suggestions on a replacement battery for an RX 300, and no I am not going to pay $200 from a Lexus dealership. LOL
  • jeffmust2jeffmust2 Member Posts: 811
    My '01 RX manual doesn't give the battery size or group, so this will be general advice.

Consumer Reports tested batteries last in their Oct02 issue and reported that Sears Diehard models remain their best choice. There are different model numbers depending on battery size and what part of the country you live in; they list #30375-33165-30335-30034 as four different Diehards to choose from. Expect to pay $70-90 out the door.

Most important - make sure your battery is really dead and won't accept a charge; have a local mechanic do a quick specific gravity battery test or you can do it yourself with a cheap test kit from Pep Boys, AutoZone, etc.

Next, make sure the replacement battery you buy is as fresh as possible - have the seller decipher the code on it for a manufacture date.

Hope this helps.
  • mhaffmans1mhaffmans1 Member Posts: 1
    with the english language makes for a better read..

My apologies to mooretorque.

But I will get over to The Rock and buy you those margaritas....the question is when.

Next for sure trip is for the 4th of July family reunion in Tyronza, but maybe before that.

And my C2 got a Diehard when the OEM battery went south.
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    Does anyone have any advance knowledge, or even rumours, of what the Canadian MSRP for the 330 will be?
    No apologies necessary, WW; I'll look forward to your visit back to all your Bubbas back here in the Land of Opportunity. No bids other than yours, so far, for my vote. ; )

Hard to go wrong with a Sears Diehard, but some stores have been found in the past to apprise the customer of defects in the charging system that did not actually exist in order to sell a voltage regulator and/or alternator. Caveat emptor.
    and be sure to remove, clean and burnish the posts and connectors, re-install and tighten the battery connections before you conclude that you need a new battery.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Wait for a sale - they mark 'em down often at Sears. That said, I've had good luck with the Wal-Mart stuff myself :-)

Steve, Host
  • mikey00mikey00 Member Posts: 462
    same board
  • landdriverlanddriver Member Posts: 607
  • soccertoadsoccertoad Member Posts: 1
  • xsfoxsfo Member Posts: 17
    I vote to have separate boards. Aye.
  • bamacarbamacar Member Posts: 749
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    What the hell, since everyone's voting!
    Since I live in Florida, and the ballot is very confusing, think I'll vote twice ;-)
  • borg1of2borg1of2 Member Posts: 90
    Thanks all for the assistance with Battery replacement. My local Lexus dealer told me that the battery failed the test. My reported problem was that the time on the display keeps resetting after sitting over night. I had recent work on the PRND lights on the center console so I thought it was a loose connection. They came back and said the battery wasn't holding a charge.

Will go battery shopping this weekend. Thanks Again.

PS I am in FL too, so I'll vote twice too. YaNay (kind of like a hanging chad stuck between 2 choices)
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    As of this moment:

Aye: 24
    Nay: 13
    Borg1of2: disqualified (Just kidding!)

tidester, host
  • lmoraleslmorales Member Posts: 5
    A couple of weeks ago, they showed the RX330 in our dealership (Ramsey, NJ). The salesman said that all the 330's that they were going to order would have the 18" tires. Is this a good thing? A friend of mine said that the 18" tires will not give as smooth a ride as my 16" tires (I have a 2000 RX300 now).
  • gsenthilgsenthil Member Posts: 154
    Keep the board together
    The lower the sidewall profile is with respect to tread width the more air pressure is needed to keep the inordinately wider tread flat to the road surface and thus the HARDER/HARSHER the ride will be. 44PSI in the case of the 18" C4 rears.
  • jiaminjiamin Member Posts: 556
    With my other cars I poured in distilled water to the required level. They lasted almost six years.
    "Maintenance free" is not always free.