Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sequoia

Comments

• oacoac Member Posts: 1,594
    Size = Sequoia
    4WD = Same
    2WD = Sequoia
    Refinement = LC
    Build quality = LC
    Resale = LC

Hope the above helps...
  • petro33petro33 Member Posts: 192
    I have had my seq since '01 and have 95,000 miles on it. I am considering a new one this year or maby '06. Does anyone know of any changes in the "06 version. Not real happy with the '05 engine and premiun gas......
  • toyotakentoyotaken Member Posts: 897
    There is NO requirement for premium gas in the '05 Sequoia. Ask to read the owners manual. There are no Toyota's currently being built that REQUIRE premium fuel.

Just an FYI.

Ken
  • liz7liz7 Member Posts: 1
    I also have a 2001 Toyota Sequioa Limited. I have had the VSC/TRAC OFF lights that have come since it was 7000 miles. The dealer tried on many occassions to fix the problem and it still returned. Finally they replace the Brake Booster and the problem seem to disappear or at least so we thought. The light would occassionally come on and the dealer said that it needed brake fluid. It is very difficlut for me to understand how a vehicle would need brake fluid within 3000-4000 miles, but I went along with it. I now have vibration when I brake and have 60% left on my pads. The dealer says that it is not a safety issue and that I can just wait until my pads are used up before I resurface the rotors. My vehicle has 47K miles and I have had the brakes replace 2 times. You mentioned a TSB recall, which I cannot find any information on. Can you be more specific? Thanks and good luck.
    There was a TSB for a brake pad/caliper replacement for the '01s. Take the truck to your dealership and insist that they perform this recall on yours, if you haven't already done so. As to the VSC, mine was *fixed* and it has never returned. I had no idea what the dealership did to fix it, but I have not had it happen for over 40K miles now.

Hope these helps
  • low_ball_88low_ball_88 Member Posts: 171
    I just came back from the dealer for an oil change and they forgot to put oil in and I drove for two miles before I realized the engine oil gauge did not move off of L. The car did not ceased but the dealer said he will have to take apart the engine to see what damage was done. I was very upset since the it is only a 02 4WD Limited with only 28K miles on it. I need some advise on how to handle this. I do not want to drive this vehicle again knowing that the engine will be rebuilt. I want them to replace it! Is this possible without going the legal route?
  • accordfreakaccordfreak Member Posts: 39
    I too am in the market for an 06 (mostly due to timing of the purchase). Just wondering if anyone knows that will be new. Even though we really need something this big, I wish it had variable cylinder management like the Durango (at least I think the hemi offers it).
  • wearsomeshoeswearsomeshoes Member Posts: 5
    On August 6, I drove my ‘03 Sequoia Limited over 13,185’ Mosquito Pass between Alma and Leadville, CO. I had a brand new set of Goodyear Wrangler HP P265/70R17 road tires. This pass is rated “intermediate” in four wheeler guidebooks. Based on my experience driving 4WD routes in Colorado, this is a very respectable route in terms of steepness and difficulty. Most of the vehicles up there were Jeep Wranglers. There is plenty of bedrock and talus to crawl over.

I found the Sequoia to be very capable climbing the pass from the Alma side. On this side of the pass, I used 4L gearing with the center differential locked, and kept the shifter in D gear. The vehicle performed well, and had abundant torque at altitude. It spent most of its time in 2nd gear.

There was another Sequoia at the top of the pass that was almost identical to mine, except it still had original tires.

On the descent, I used 4L in 1st gear. The engine provided ample braking such that I almost never had to use the brakes. I experimented and found that shifting into 2nd also meant riding the brakes.

The Sequoia never bumped skid plates or the trailer receiver along the way. I concluded that the Sequoia could probably handle more difficult terrain, especially with better tires. A word of caution: don’t try to cross this pass during wet conditions or snow. The steepness of the climb would cause all sorts of trouble.

If you read the Owner’s Manual, the procedures for using the Sequoia in 4WD are very confusing. The authors missed the point if they intended the document to convince owners that the Sequoia was designed for rugged four-wheeling. I found the postings on this message board to be more useful than the Owner’s Manual when it came explaining how to operate the Sequoia in 4WD. Don’t get discouraged by all the combinations of levers and buttons. In practice, it is quite simple.
  • techstafftechstaff Member Posts: 5
    Has the Sequoia engine been detuned for 2006? Data from the Edmunds comparator on toyota.com:

SR5 4WD 4.7L 8cyl........2006...............................2005...............change
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------
    Horsepower.....273 hp @ 5400 rpm..........282 hp @ 5400 rpm........-3.2 %
    Torque............314 ft-lbs. @ 3400 rpm......325 ft-lbs. @ 3400 rpm...-3.4 %
    EPA Mileage
    City................15 mpg............................15 mpg........................ 0.0 %
    Highway..........17 mpg............................18 mpg........................-5.6 %

True, "your mileage may vary." But they can measure engine output better than 3%. Anybody know what the deal is?

techstaff
  • 2toyotas2toyotas Member Posts: 104
    What Toyota has said about it is this. If they require only 87 octane gas they have to do the ratings using 87 not 93. It says in the owners manual 87 for normal,or 91 or higher for maximum performance. Also I was told that the brake booster must be connected when doing the testing.I was very surprised to see the decrease in power so I called Toyota and that was the answer I got from them.
  • flyfish4lifeflyfish4life Member Posts: 103
    I thought it was a different method (newer) the car industry is using to determine HP and torque - most, if not all vehicles in the Toyota line-up have revised #s for 2006 model year. I doubt they would tweak the engines.
  • allison5allison5 Member Posts: 130
    I am almost at the point of deciding to buy a 05 Sequoia. Here is my situation: I have a 04 GMC Yukon and it has had nothing but trouble in its short 14 months of life. Before I got the Yukon I had a Honda Odyessy (I have 3 kids under age of 11) so I need room plus we have a 80 lb yellow Labrodor who goes with us to the snow, beach etc. Anyway as stated the Yukon is in the shop in seems like all the time for this or that, luckily it has been covered under warranty but another 15,000 miles from now it won't be. I new I was taking my chance with an american car (have had problems with American cars before). So I was thinking of going to a Sienna minivan but not sure I want to be the minivan mom again. I am just curious on what people think of the Sequoia, and if it's comfy (I have some problems with my back). Friends tell me I should go minivan with gas prices so high now but an SUV is more practical with skiing, dog, etc etc. Is there going to be much of a difference with 06 model. Thx.
  • techstafftechstaff Member Posts: 5
    Thanks. I posted a similar message in the Camry forum and somebody there also said there was a revised SAE testing standard. So I googled, and yup, there is. Mainly a rules tightening, to curb exaggeration, it sounds like.

techstaff
  • safetyfirst6safetyfirst6 Member Posts: 1
    we have '03 sequoias. we have lost 4 inside door handles - driver and front passenger doors. the door handles begin to split and eventually break off. sure would hate to end up in a burning car and can't get the door open to escape!

major safety related issue. on the other hand, we have a '90 forerunner and a 97 corolla and still have original door handles.

anybody else have this problem?
  • cycleman1955cycleman1955 Member Posts: 1
    Here is what I found out about replacing handles. My 2002 is doing the same thing.

Question
    The interior driver side door handle broke on my 2002 toyota Sequoia. I purchased a replacement handle. I've removed the small cover exposing the philips head screw in the center of the door handle bezel and removed the screw. The bezel will not come off to expose the door handle. What is the process to replace the door handle(part 69206-0C030-E0)?

Thanks
    Court

Answer
    Slide it towards the rear, it should then come out, remove the plastic clip that connects to the control rod.
  • ronlynnmronlynnm Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone used a K&N air filter to replace their stock filter? If yes, have you noticed any improvement in horspower or gas mileage?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You may want to take a look at the K&N Air Filters, bolt-on power? discussion while waiting for responses in here.

Steve, Host
  • czechm8czechm8 Member Posts: 23
    I use the TRD filter, which is basically the same thing as the K&N. There is no noticeable improvement from the stock filter. Toyota actually engineered the stock box and filter pretty well. The only gains I have ever seen have been with a RAPS style cold air induction system that modifies the stock box. The big advantage of the K&N or TRD filters is that they are re-usable, but you have to keep them clean. Clean them about every 15K miles.
    Unless you plan to race your Sequioa, you will not see any real gains from aftermarket air filters or intakes. The aftermarket intakes will increase performance in the upper RPM range, but will rob you of low-end torque big time.
  • ownutahownutah Member Posts: 7
    Hi there,
    I have a 2002 Sequoia and at 37,000 miles the drivers side door handle cracked and then broke off. Now at 40,000 miles the passanger side door handle is cracked and will break off the next time some tries to use the door. This is frustrating for me as a Real Estate Agent. I have people in and out of the car often. I hate to have to tell them wait a second dont open that door! They then ask about the problem and I explain I have not had the time to go in and pay $110.00 for the repair. My first vehicle was a Toyota and have owned them ever since. This one issue has troubled me for many reasons including safety. :confuse:
    Has anyone else had this problem? My local service manger is going to look into the issue. I will update this post with that information as soon as I get it.
    Thanks,
    Robert Bolar
  • ownutahownutah Member Posts: 7
    Hi there,
    I have a 2002 Sequoia and at 37,000 miles the drivers side door handle cracked and then broke off. Now at 40,000 miles the passenger side door handle is cracked and will break off the next time some tries to use the door. This is frustrating for me as a Real Estate Agent. I have people in and out of the car often. I hate to have to tell them wait a second don't open that door! They then ask about the problem and I explain I have not had the time to go in and pay $110.00 for the repair. My first vehicle was a Toyota and have owned them ever since. This one issue has troubled me for many reasons including safety.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
  • steveb36steveb36 Member Posts: 1
    My rear window does not roll down either with the key, remote or drivers switch. I can't find which circuit or relay controls this function. Anyone know?
  • sbroomesbroome Member Posts: 4
    I don't know but I had same problem wiht my rear window. Turned out it was the rear window regulator gone bad. Toyota dealer replaced it under warranty. Check the regulator first - located inside rear hatch. GOOD LUCK!
    we have an 02 Sequoia. two of our inside handles have broken. both were replaced under warranty but I learned how to do it on my own and could do it if it happened again.
  • folsom33folsom33 Member Posts: 14
    Mine did not work for a while much like yours, no matter what I did it would not move. I ended up giving the control button on the dash a few short rapps and it began working. Go figure!!
    Hey sequoiasoon! Love your flag symbol! I'm new to this group but your post about getting the Sequoia Service Manual on CD on eBay really caught my eye. I have a 2000 Camry and got a Service Manual for it on eBay. It's great!

I have an 02 Sequoia SR5 and want a Service Manual for it on CD too. Please get in touch with me. Thank you.
  • brucekeysbrucekeys Member Posts: 2
    As I type, my 2002 Sequoia, 45K miles, is having the driver's side interior door handle replaced. I asked the service advisor if he's seen many, ha said a few, and added, "it's just plastic, you know." I've been told it's about a $30 part and and hour (aka $80) to replace, we'll see. If anyone hear's of a warranty or good will adjustment, pass it along. Thanks.
    I have been on this board since Dec 2000, and own an '01 SR5 2WD Sequoia I purchased Dec 12, 2000. This truck now has 62K miles. In its 4+ years of ownership, I have had to replace 2 things - the front brakes at 25K miles (TSB recall), and the radio head unit within 100 miles of ownership (warranty replacement). Other than basic wear and tear - tires (2X already), brakes (2X already), alignment and balancing (2X already), that has been it.... And this is the first year of production truck. We may have been lucky, seeing and reading that some of you seem to be having some recurring problems with yours. That is disturbing, and I hope that your dealership(s) helps sort all these issues out. My post is simply to show that there are other owners with much less worry or issues than others, even some of us owning the first year of production truck.
  • petro33petro33 Member Posts: 192
    I agree with oac I have been around since 2001 when I bought me 2001 limited 2wd. This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Other than my rear window not working for a while I have had no repairs other that regular maintaince (97,000 miles). Second set of tires, still have 15-20K left on them, three sets of brakes plus the TSB recall. Some problems were my own fault (leaving parking brake on whilw driving).
  • fishcar1fishcar1 Member Posts: 3
    I've had my '01 4WD Seq since Feb 01. Only 40K miles, but 10% of that pulling a trailered drift boat, much of that off highway. My Seq has carried >10 tons of sand, gravel, and red landscaping rocks (~1,000 lbs at a time), several cu yds of manure (bagged!), and has been slept in on more than one occasion.

The only brake work was new front calipers, etc as per the TSB @ 17K (never changed a pad, other than the TSB). I'm on my third front windshield (from rock chips off highway), I have rattled off the skid plate covering the front transfer case (warranty repair), rattled the front driverside window out of its carriage (warranty repair), and my kids pulled all the little plastic covers from the seat/seatbelt attachment points (there in a drawer somewhere).

It been a great car... only wish it didn't eat so much gas... only 11-12mpg in town during the winter, but18-21(!)mpg when out on the road.
  • threxxthrexx Member Posts: 42
    Can anyone please tell me if an all new Seq is going to be coming out for the 2007 model year? It seems about time for Toyota to replace the existing one, plus I know an all-new Tundra is going to be coming out pretty soon, so I figure since the Seq is based on the Tundra, it would be getting redesigned at the same time or shortly after?

My father in law wants to get a large loaded 4x4 Toyota SUV to replace the his 03 Expedition that he has been extremely unhappy with (always in the shop) and was interested in the Seq. The invoice price with all the options and stuff he was looking at was around 44k, so I told him he might as well look at the Toyota Land Cruiser too since it comes almost completely loaded for 48k (again, invoice).

Problem is that I've heard the LC is going to be replaced next year with that hideous "FJ Cruiser" thing which he (nor, IMO, anyone else who would have considered buying an LC in the past) would never consider that FJ Cruiser. And I'm thinking the Seq is only a year or two away from being redesigned from the ground up, so I'm trying to figure out if I should advise him to lay low and wait for the redesign?
    Hi Threxx:

The LC is smaller than the Seq, but more refined. It is also only a permanent 4x4, but the Seq 4x4 can be driven in RWD mode as well. Of course, the Seq has slightly more power than the LC, seats more people comfortably, and cheaper than the LC.

If your father-in-law can indeed hold on for another couple of years, then he can wait for the MY2008 redo for the Seq. But methinks, its best to just go ahead and buy whatever he wants now, unless the pain of constant repairs on the Expy is manageable.

Good luck

ps: nice to read from other old timers here as well on their '01 history ....
    Now that the end of the year is hear I am hoping to buy one of these 2 vehicles. I have a GMC right now and have had so many problems and it is less than 2 years old, I know it is going to hurt getting rid of it financially but.....Anyway just wondering what people think between these two SUV's. I have been hearing about people complaining on these forums about the Sequoias and it makes me think a little more, I know that Ford does not have the best reputation (I had a 96 windstar with MANY MANY problems though most of them did not show up for the 1st 3 years). I really like both vehicles, the expedition is definalty going to be better price especially with the discount program that is still going on. HOwever I hate to get a car that I am always going to wonder if it's going to have this or that wrong-especially after this GMC. Please advice on what you think? Are their any differences on gas mileage between the two? THx
  • tourguidetourguide Member Posts: 190
    I can't talk to you about the Sequoia, but I can tell you about the Expedition. First - if you go Expedition then expect to spend time in the shop. I ordered a brand new 04 loaded and had a few problems with it. The biggest (IMO) was the gas mileage. I bought it to use as a commuter around town. I didn't have high hopes for good gas mileage, but I expected better than single digit, which is where it was most of the time around town. Running mobil 1 super syn 0-W20 it would get ~18 on the highway under ideal conditions, but around town it was miserable - pathetic. 6-9 mpg is probably the range. You can expect the Sequoia to be better than this, but don't look for miracles (11-16 mpg). These are big, thirsty vehicles.

Of the two, the Toyota will be the more reliable. Here is my list of problems with the Ford - Abysmal gas mileage (even for a vehicle this size), chattering plastic parts in the lift gate (fixed this myself), rear axle seals went out at 7000, tires (probably because they were so cheap) made the steering wheel shudder at highway speeds for the first several hundred miles.
  • threxxthrexx Member Posts: 42
    The list of reasons my father in law wants to get rid of his 03 Expedition EB 4x4 is long. In the 2.5 years and 45k miles they've had it the A/C quit working in the middle of a summer road trip to a wedding in Alabama, the brake pads have been replaced twice and the rotors resurfaced each time as well (he's not easy on brakes but certainly not THAT hard), the driver's side window fell down inside the door and refused to come back up, the alternator has died once, the battery died twice, two power door locks have failed completely and one for some reason refuses to unlock with the keyless entry system but still works with the button inside the car, the radio quit working, and they've had issues with the rear DVD entertainment system. I'm pretty sure I've forgotten a couple of things, too. And then there's the constant absolute symphony of rattling plastic, but he doesn't really seem to notice or care about that for some reason.

This guy has been loyal all his life to domestic trucks. Heck, he owns one of the largest residential contracting/construction in the areas - an industry that you see almost nothing but domestic trucks and SUVs, but he's ready to jump ship.

His 04 Tahoe 4x4 LT has been much better - only a couple things have gone wrong with it, but one of those things was a sudden and complete failure of the brake booster on the highway going 70mph. Thank god it happened when he just wanted to slow down a bit and not when there was a traffic jam ahead or something or he very well might not be alive today! The brake pedal just went straight down to the floor where he still got a tiny bit of stopping power, but he was on the brake pedal all the way and from what he told me it barely stopped any faster than if he'd just let off the gas and coasted.

My wife's 2005 4Runner Limited 4x2 V6 and her identical twin sister's identical (except for the paint color) 4Runner have been completely problem free. We've been averaging an impressive 22.5 mpg with about 60% city, 40% highway, too. Granted the two 4Runners are only a year old each and only have around 12k miles each right now, but I guess that's enough to get her dad to give them a shot.

So I guess we'll see how his experience goes with a Seq or LC.
    about these 2 vehicles. Thanks for the help with the other questions, after talking to some other people who have had Expeditions I truly don't think I am going to buy that car. So now my other question is curious on what other people would do between Sequoia and Honda Pilot in my situation. I have 3 kids 11 and under with 1 still in a booster seat, we also have a 90 lb labrador that goes with us on some vacations to the lake, snow etc. After hearing about gas mileage and we pay over 3.00 a gallon here in Calif I am just a tad bit nervous about getting another gas guzzler but with 3 kids I do not know about Pilot. Does anyone know gas mielage differences between these two? Now it is narrowed down to these two unless I completly go with a minivan-however I pretty much decided that I do not want to go down that route again unless I have to (had an Odyessy for 4 years). Thanks
  • tourguidetourguide Member Posts: 190
    The gas mileage between the Pilot and the Sequoia will be quite comparable around town. Some people on this board have reported 16 mpg around town with the Sequoia, but that is probably better than most will get. You are likely to see 12-14 with either vehicle around town. Highway mileage probably tilts to the Pilot simply because it is a little smaller and the aerodynamic profile favors it.

The question you need to ask yourself is - how much is it worth in the long run for comfort? Your family will likely fit in either vehcile, but if you can afford either - then the choice is yours.
  • 714cut714cut Member Posts: 355
    The Pilot is a completely different class of vehicle with a different purpose than the two full-sized SUV's.
    The gas mileage will be significantly better in a Pilot as it is lighter and has a V6, especially around town.
    I have had 2 Sequoias and they are gas guzzlers. But it sounds like in your case you need some serious space and the Pilot is small and the 3rd row seat is a bit of a joke. It is all about trade-offs and what works best for you.
    I just purchased a 2005 Limited expedition. The Sequoia was much more money for all of the features I wanted, the Expedition has a new and very powerful new engine and is a newer design but the killer feature for me were the power folding 3rd row seats after wrestling with pulling out my Sequoia seats on a regular basis.
    Even the second row seats fold truly flat.
    They have different personalities. The expedition is probably not quite as plush and solid feeling but handles better and is better on the highway. The turning radius is much better in the expedition- something I found frustrating in the Sequoia. It also seems a bit more high-tech with more features than the Sequoia.
    At the end of the day though I guess it came down to the fact that there was a huge difference between the expy limited and seq limited.
    A lot of the issues with the expy have been solved through tsb's as its now in its 3rd model year and the tsb list is just as long for the seq as it is for the expy.
  • mikoezy96mikoezy96 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    Was just wondering, have you thought of using the product call Freedom Fuel Additive?.
    The product is guaranty to give you between 8-12% mpg, at the same time keep your engine inside very clean.
    IF you like to read more about the product visit the company web site to read more testimony about it. And if you will like to give it a test, please let me know.

Thanks.

http://www.polarmolecular.com/testing. html
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The product is guaranty to give you between 8-12% mpg, at the same time keep your engine inside very clean.

It doesn't say that at all.

Their web site says Up to 8-12% increase in fuel economy.

That can mean zero, or even negative benefit.

There's a slew of this stuff in Gas Saving Gizmos & Gadgets.

Steve, Host
  • hamlethamlet Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I just bought a 05 limited Sequoia and had 2 questions. The dealer installed the Eclipse AVN30d nav which is great since they set it up so it can play a movie at anytime but I can't get the rearseat dvd player to play sound through the speakers. I've gone through all the local FM channels and still haven't found the sound. 2nd question is, can they have the sound directly patched through the Eclipse Nav so the sound would be better then FM anyway?? The wireless headphones do get sound from the dvd player. Help would be much appreciated--thanks
  • hamlethamlet Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I just bought a 05 limited Sequoia and had 2 questions. The dealer installed the Eclipse AVN30d nav which is great since they set it up so it can play a movie at anytime but I can't get the rearseat dvd player to play sound through the speakers. I've gone through all the local FM channels and still haven't found the sound. 2nd question is, can they have the sound directly patched through the Eclipse Nav so the sound would be better then FM anyway?? The wireless headphones do get sound from the dvd player. Help would be much appreciated--thanks
  • el_madmasterel_madmaster Member Posts: 2
    Looks like our 2001 Sequoia Limited could take larger tires on those 16" wheels. Anyone have any idea how big it can go before rubbing or something occurs? Would look nice, and would get a bit more ground clearance.
  • lcdrkevlcdrkev Member Posts: 9
    I have read many comments on this board about tires for the Sequoia. Seems that the main debate regarding the best tire is between Michelin Cross Terrain and LTX M/S. However, Consumer Reports really did not have strong ratings for either tire in their 11/04 report. LTX received a poor rating for "dry braking" and Cross Terrain not so hot in the "handling" and "ride" categories. I see the Tire Rack has a better comparative rating for the same tires, but comparison is based only on tires that they offer. So what's the real story? Are Michelin's worth their price when viewed across the board for performance (i.e. wet, dry, snow, braking, ride, etc...) or can you get nearly as good of performance (or better in some cases) with Dayton or Hankook and save yourself some $$$ in the process?
  • folsom33folsom33 Member Posts: 14
    I have been sticking with Michelins for some time now. When you spend this much money on a part for your car you need to make good decisions. While I usually "live" by what consumer reports says, when my cross terrains wear out (have 65K on them now, and expect to get another 20K) I will replace them with some other micheline, Too me the most important is wearability, with dry and wet driving a close second, do almost no snow or offroad.
  • accordfreakaccordfreak Member Posts: 39
    My question is simple....what's the news on Toyota's next spin on this truck. I've been sitting on the fence for a long time between this and a Pilot (I know, different classes of vehicle; but its the standard trade off for me: comfort vs fuel economy). I'd love to see some sort of hybrid version, even cylinder deactivation. Any ideas about features or a time line when its due?
  • toyotatoystoyotatoys Member Posts: 118
    My 01 SEQ has now 80K miles and still purrs and hums like new. At 55K I replaced the tires with Michelin Cross Terrain and it feels fine with me. Nothing else had been done on this truck (except the TSB on brakes). It's also getting less annual mileage now that I bought my wife an 06 Solara. Unless something wrong drastically happens, I plan to keep this SEQ until it falls apart.

However, I can feel that the battery is just about to go. Does anyone have any suggestion about a particular brand? Are the replacement "Toyota batteries" really as good as the original ones? Are they better than the ones we get from Walmart or Sears?

Thank you for any advice.
  • aliminalimin Member Posts: 80
    Can't help with the battery, but I have a question about the tires. I have an '05 SEQ with the OEM tires (Dunlop AT20) now at 20K. When you replaced yours with Michelin CTs at 55K, were the tires you replaced the OEMs? (I had an '02 Highlander and replaced the OEM tires at 30K with the Michelin CTs - what a difference!)
    Thanks.
  • toyotatoystoyotatoys Member Posts: 118
    Alimin,

Yes, those were the original tires that I had, but I cannot remember if they were Dunlop or Bridgestone. I honestly could not tell any major difference when they were both new, because they both feel good. New tires are always softer and cures (hardens) and loses thread over time. So the new tires felt better compared to the original ones, when they were already significantly worn out. HOWEVER, the reason I picked Michelin CT is because that seemed to be the overwhelming choice in this forum, even compared to Michelin LTX.

Toys
  • aliminalimin Member Posts: 80
    Thanks, toyotatoys for the information. You had really good luck with your OEM tires! I'm probably going to go with the OEM tires through the upcoming winter (here in Minnesota) and then look for a good price on Michelin CT's in the spring. BTW, I've used the OEM battery in the Seq to jump start several vehicles during the last few months, if that's any indication of Toyota battery strength.