Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Audi RS7

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Audi

Comments

• seppoboyseppoboy Member Posts: 93
    I have owned Audis, I want to love Audis. They have great engineering and design, comfort, great interiors, good function and utility, terrific materials, build quality, finish, and quattro is awesome. But every Audi seems to suffer from vague and unrewarding steering. In my Audis it made for tiresome long drives, always needing to make little corrections based on visual feedback, because there was not a strong sense of straight ahead and some wander was built into the steering. Very frustrating, and it keeps Audi from achieving its full potential when some very pedestrian models from other makers have far superior steering feel, responsiveness, and predictability. Why don't they prioritize getting it right? FWD engineering limitations are just an excuse, there are a lot of FWD cars that have precise and rewarding steering. The RS7 would be very compelling without this major flaw.
  • lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    Audi makes fantastic driving cars. However, in my experience I have too many reliability issues with Audi's that I could never see myself buying one again. In addition; I have two co-workers, one with an 07, the other an 09, and both had similar problems with oil sludge, wiring, and intake issues which lead me to believe this was a common problem with their products. Though it was only a small sample size, it was enough to keep me away. Shame, because I have always preferred the exterior, interior styling of Audi compared to others.
  • marcos9marcos9 Member Posts: 96
    Although I'm glad AoA is bringing this stateside, they really need to bring the RS6 Avant over here. Or even just the S6 Avant. It's just sooo much better looking than this CLS..oops.
  • rickibobbirickibobbi Member Posts: 21
    test
  • rickibobbirickibobbi Member Posts: 21
    I want to love this car too, and all audis, but the reliability/servicing and steering always seem suspect for such an expensive car, at a lower level, this goes for VW generally, especially the reliability
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    Couldn't agree more with marcos9. I've posted this several times in several other threads but we LOVE our 2010 A6 Avant. However, the bumper to bumper warranty expres next March and we usually don't keep cars out of warranty (bad financial decision, I know). We don't want/drive SUV's (we don't tow, we love driving) but we need the space of a wagon for our son, our dog, and the activities we do so it's looking like we won't be buying another Audi. Cadillac makes a business case for their CTS-V wagon as does MB with their E63 AMG. My guess is we'll be in one of those two showrooms next Spring and not Audi. Too bad because we'd probably order an S6 or RS6 Avant sight unseen if that were an option.
  • themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Nothing more "unique" than black-faced gauges. Computer monitor on top of dash looks ridiculous
  • nefariousnigelnefariousnigel Member Posts: 13
    Acura gets blasted for using FWD platforms (RLX anyone?). Audi gets away with it. Adding Quattro and some amazing (and perhaps unreliable) technical wizardry doesn't change the fact that the A4/A6/A8 and all their progeny are nose heavy, FWD designs.

Acura has had its styling (or lack thereof) problems for years now, but adding AWD to some of their models copies Audi's solution. SH-AWD (and perhaps the upcoming eSH-AWD) have been lauded by the automobile press in their application.

Perhaps Audi's styling (and available monstrous horsepower) are everything...but it seems that these halo cars and Quattro do a great job of keeping the RWD purists off the back of Audi's more pedestrian models.