Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Detroit Auto Show: 2013 BMW 320i

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in BMW

image2013 Detroit Auto Show: 2013 BMW 320i

Edmunds brings you the unveiling of the 2013 BMW 320i from the 2013 Detroit Auto Show.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    Has BMW jumped the shark or what? And what's with ripping the lower grill from the 1st Genesis Coupe?
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    I can't see how a detuned 2.0T could drop the price by a whopping $4,300. They must be decontenting it elsewhere.
  • shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    Ah, I remember the old 320, and watching it get smoked by a VW Rabbit in a drag race. BMW has brought back the tradition of an expensive car that get beat by cars half its price. The ultimate posing machine.
  • shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    I can't see how a detuned 2.0T could drop the price by a whopping $4,300. They must be decontenting it elsewhere.

Because it is still overprices, even more considering how BMW rips people off on options so badly.
  • 1speedbike1speedbike Member Posts: 2
    The ignorance of the comments shows just why BMW has been hesitant to release its lower-output variants in the US.

You don't buy a BMW to drag race a Rabbit. If all you care about is power, you just don't buy a BMW. You drive a BMW, not brag to your friends about what cars you "beat" in a straight line with it. If that's what you're worried about, I have a friend with a 1992 beater civic hatch with a built turbo engine that will embarrass you no matter what car you're driving. Grow up.

The price difference is due to a few things. Different heads, brakes, compression ratio, tune, engine internals. Also, some options and packages available on upper range 3 series are not available on the new 320i.

Europe has had models from a 316i which gets prius-like gas mileage and is much more of a hoot to drive (despite being down on power), to the upper models we get in the US (because, let's face it, when it comes to power we are spoiled, and that's not necessarily a bad thing).

But if all you care about is power, then a BMW is not the car for you. If you think BMW is all about posers (and I will agree that by and large, a lot of yuppies drive the cars and have no clue about the engineering or finesse behind them and it's a shame), then a BMW is also not the car for you.