Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac's Dual Strategy for 2014 CTS Underscores Uncertain Future for Coupe, Wagon

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

imageCadillac's Dual Strategy for 2014 CTS Underscores Uncertain Future for Coupe, Wagon

The future of the Cadillac CTS coupe and wagon beyond the 2014 model year is murky at best.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• miko99miko99 Member Posts: 5
    Looks like my next car will be my first foreign car in my 59 years. With the demise of the CTS Coupe I will have to look to BMW or Mercedes for a coupe.
  • miko99miko99 Member Posts: 5
    By the way I now am driving a CTS-V Coupe that I trade my 2008 CTS for, I had hoped to trade my CTS-V in 2015 or 2016 for a new model, but it looks like that won't happen
  • wdrauchwdrauch Member Posts: 22
    Let's hope Cadillac is just being coy in regards to a new coupe. It would not surprise me if they didn't come out with another CTS wagon, considering how in the U.S. market only Mercedes still sells an E-class wagon. However, the current CTS coupe has been quite successful for them, especially from a brand image standpoint. Maybe, Cadillac will wait a few after the new sedan is on the market before launching a new coupe, not wanting to steal the sedan's thunder!
  • lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    @ miko99- The CTS-V is due to come out next year, and right now you would still be able to purchase the CTS VSport, which is not the new V.

As far as the coupe; GM plans on producing an ATS Coupe and wagon to further tap into the 3 Series market. So Mik
  • jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    I like how the Cadillac guy says he doesn't know what cars are planned for 2015. How long does it take to design a car again? If there were a coupe planned we'd have seen it by now.
  • jimazeejimazee Member Posts: 1
    No wagon...oh well, Caddy joins Audi in offering lots of suvs and no big wagon. Somehow the Euro market gets the wagon. It must be all the fast foodies in the USA.

M-B will get my $$$.