Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Kia Forte EX Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Kia

image2014 Kia Forte EX Long-Term Road Test

Here's our latest fuel economy update for our long-term the 2014 Kia Forte EX. We're now averaging 28 mpg, which matches the EPA combined rating.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I like this car, but after 11,400 miles you are averaging 28 mpg...not really that great. If it will get me over 30 mpg, I'll buy it and put up with the 8.4 second 0-60, but if it's only going to do 28, I'll get one of the turbo-four hatchbacks that will do 25 mpg, and get a hell of a lot more pop at all engine speeds. And why does it say, "Current Odometer: 7,247 miles"?
  • ajac03ajac03 Member Posts: 37
    @fordson1 Are you actually suggesting that 8.4 seconds to 60 is slow for a compact car? Seems pretty quick to me.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @ajac03: No, he's saying 8.2 (Instead of 8.4, I'll use all Edmunds data for consistency) seconds is slow compared to hot hatches (let's say the ST and GTI) that destroy that time by nearly two seconds (6.6 and 6.4, respectively) while getting fuel economy
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    That's about what I was saying. I have a 2011 GTI, and can get 33 mpg on a long trip, by keeping it between 65 and 70. That car is chipped and is making 270 lb/ft. at the wheels. On the other hand, I expect the TSI Passat, which is also slightly faster than this Forte, will also average probably 27-28 mpg when all is said and done...and that car is significantly larger and about 400 lb. heavier. This Kia is a NICE car with lots of features, and if it were averaging 30 mpg or a bit better, it would be perfect.
  • serezhkinserezhkin Member Posts: 32
    The difference between 28 and 30mpg is ~0.2Gal per 100 miles, or ~80$ / 10000miles. Why would people nitpick over such an amount is?