Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Wood/carbon fibre/aluminum trim dash kits

2»

Comments

• rozuborozubo Member Posts: 5
    Looking for a quality, reasonably priced dash kit that matches the Hammertone color of the Sequoia Limited. I have an SR5 which is simply black around the console, radio, power window buttons, etc. Would like to find the Hammertone color but am curious to hear if anyone has another color/wood that also looks good.
  • mehulj72mehulj72 Member Posts: 30
    Hi,

I'm looking for Wood Trim kit for Honda Odyssey EX 2003 model. I'd appreciate if you could share your experience in this matter.

thanks

MJ
  • andrewtran71andrewtran71 Member Posts: 840
    My experience on the '03 Ody EX-L w/NAV.
    1st, I bought the synthetic or fake trim. It looked pretty good, but it was not real wood.
    I installed it successfully on my Ody.

However, after comparing my work with all the Lexus vehicle woodtrims, I realized I had installed way too much woodtrim. Thus, I felt like it looked a little "cheezy" and fake. Well, it was fake, but now it also looked really fake due to having way too many pieces.

Now I just purchased a REAL woodtrim. I have not installed it yet, but I have successfully removed the old fake woodtrim.

My plan is to install only a few pieces to resemble the way Lexus has the woodtrims in their vehicles.
    I plan to install the following 6 pieces only:
    (1) the center NAV/cd player piece
    (2) the right door window switch piece
    (3) the left door window switch piece
    (4) the right 2nd row door handle piece
    (5) the left 2nd row door handle piece
    (6) the fold-down center console cupholder piece

Hopefully it will turn out great.
    My goal is to have REAL woodtrim that does not look "cheezy" and fake due to having too many pieces of woodtrim.
  • andrewtran71andrewtran71 Member Posts: 840
    ..is the best place to buy your woodtrim. Here's my story.
    I bought a fake woodtrim from another place. It looked okay, but kind of cheezy. Not only that, but they did not include enough adhesion promoter at all.
    So I bought another kit from Joshua Tree Woodtrim--real wood this time. I emailed them and asked if they would include extra adhesion promoter. They said "Yes" and sent them to me separately, which was cool.
    So I removed my old fake woodtrim--pain in the butt.
    Then I just installed the pieces I mentioned. But being an idiot that I am, I screwed up on the back rear door. So I emailed Joshua Tree Woodtrim and explained the problem. They said "No problem" and that they will send me two replacement parts as warranty.
    Now is that the best service or what?
    This time I will be 100% careful. It is so easy to installed, but you never know when you will have a bad day.

Anyway, I think my REAL mappa burl woodtrim looks kind of like the woodtrim in the new 2005 Honda Odyssey.
    I think the light color woodtrim is definitely in, and the darker color is fading out of favor.

Oh, by the way, the two pieces that I mess up on, well because they are real wood, they cracked. Surely enough, they are truely real wood. I saw the real wood with my own eyes and felt the real wood with my fingers. They are for real and they look much better than the fake wood.
  • thorpeguythorpeguy Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any suggestions or feedback relating to real carbons??I am considering a dash from Edashkit who makes the real carbon but want to make sure I want real and not synthetic/vinyl. Thanks
  • giovanni2giovanni2 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone ever used Trimsrus? Also, does anyone know the reason why Joshua Tree has wood dash trims for every year except 2000 for Range Rovers? Is there a way to find out what the factory wood color is called or do I just have to order a bunch of samples to try and match it? Thanks!
  • troop1troop1 Member Posts: 8
    looking to purchase wood veneer dash kit from Superior Dash, any comment concerning Superior or things to beware of with installation. thanks troop1
  • zaiwhatzaiwhat Member Posts: 8
    I just bought an 06 Odyssey, my wife loved the Wood Trim interior in the Odyssey at the show room but the dealer would not go below $850 on it as an option so I went online and found link title through EBAY for well under $200. 44 pieces in total. They turned out to be in Brooklyn, NY so I drove over to see if their trim was as nice as the showroom kit. IT WAS! I bought it and installed it myself. It looks absolutely great, I made one mistake and called BDtrims, they were great and sent me a replacement piece at no extra cost. :)
    If your looking for a wood trim kit I would recommend bdtrims but make sure to take your time adhering the trim. I was rushing to get it done and made a mistake. The most important thing is to dry fit your pieces and make sure the buttons still work and doors still open and close without any problems before you stick them on for real.
  • jb29jb29 Member Posts: 1
    I got one from a recommendation from edashkit.com for my 300c. I had read about them on many of the forums...I took the car in for service this week and the sales manager came to me when I picked it up and asked where I got the nice trim. He asked me for their info and I believe is planning on installing them as a dealer add on. The color was perfect. The installation does take patience but is very easy. I had seen similar dealer add on packages for 700 plus but was able to do it myself for under 300.00
  • rwisemrwisem Member Posts: 96
    Does anyone know where I could get a wood piece for the top third of the steering wheel? '06 Buick Lacrosse.
  • heelslawheelslaw Member Posts: 1
    GM has an aftermarket accessories website. After getting to the site, you can go to any of their brands (including Buick). I recently saw the aftermarket wood trim steering wheel for the Lucerne, but did not look at the Lacrosse.

Good luck.
  • nick1979nick1979 Member Posts: 1
    Ok well im looking for a realwooddash full kit for a 2003 camry my search cums up with 3 brands B@i sherwood and AAA . AAA has more selection of real wood but sherwood & B@i are well known im just looking for oem fit and look can some one help PLEASE!!! P.s. is realwood harder to install then sim
  • beaglesidbeaglesid Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for a wood kit for the 2009 Sienna Limited. All I want to do is replace the fake stuff with real wood. I don't want to add any wood anywhere. Got any recommendations?
This discussion has been closed.