Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Reverse Warning Systems & Cameras

13»

Comments

• gene3xgene3x Member Posts: 5
    I just recieved my ECLIPSE BEC105 and tried to plug it in where the old camera on the back of my Landcruiser but the sytem does not "see anything. The monitor does not say "check surroundings for safety" Does anyone know if there is something else I need to do? Is the extra length of the cord causing the signal to fade? Frustrated!!! The damn thing plugs in itjust doesn't work!
  • gene3xgene3x Member Posts: 5
    Can you give me the Eclipse Tech Support number?
  • masksavmasksav Member Posts: 13
    Here's the main number 310-327-2151 They should be able to get you to the correct person. Also here's a e-mail address: [email protected]

I have a 2006 Solara and yes it is diffenitly plug and play so somethings wrong hopefully they can help you out
  • quickdropmarcquickdropmarc Member Posts: 14
    Can someone recommend a rear camera system for my 06 Yukon Denali that will utilize the monitor of my factory Navigation System. I plan to use it to hitch up my boat trailer in the dark/rain. I have found one unit called the BracketCAM, but it runs $700, and I was hoping to get into something for less.

Thanks,
    Marc
  • wrkisselwrkissel Member Posts: 4
    Sorry to be so late responding. This is the first time I have visited this site this year!
    I mounted the camera on the vinyl bumper cover behind the license plate. I cut out the "C" in Michigan at the top of the license plate and have the camera looking through the hole.
    I made a small clamp-on aluminum bracket to minimize hacking on the car.
    The installation is nearly invisible--you have to be looking for the camera to see it.
    I found that a tiny tab added to the top of the license plate bracket eliminated a bit of fogginess at night, coming from the license plate light. (A bit of electrical tape on the light lens would have been nearly as effective.)
    Routine car washes has kept the lens clean and it has required no additional attention.
    I hope that your experience with the camera has been as good as mine!
  • quickdropmarcquickdropmarc Member Posts: 14
    Do you use your camera for hooking up a boat hitch? I'm wondering how well it works for this. I will gladly spend the money if it does what I need it to do (hook up my boat trailer at night), but I'm hesitant to spend the money and then find out it was wasted.

Which camera are you using? Thanks for the info...

ciao,
    Marc
  • wrkisselwrkissel Member Posts: 4
    Sorry to check in so infrequently.

I have never used the camera to align a trailer hitch, but would expect it to be extremely effective if it is mounted behind or near the license plate.

I have been impressed by the width of the field. As you back up to another vehicle parking, you can see the complete front end until you are within a couple of feet of it. If you can't see it all, stop!

Best of Luck--Bill
  • delsydelsy Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I have intention to install on the back bumper of my car a sensor that detects the obstacles; the last time I was reversing I did 250 $ of damage, therefore sailing on internet I found two typologies of sensor: one with four ultrasonic transducers, and another with only an aluminium tape. Owing to the fact that I have not intention to do holes on my bumper I would prefer the second invisible solution. For this reason I wish ask first a your opinion.
    Here is the link of the producer: http://www.proxel.com

Waiting for anybody who can give me an answer.

Bye!
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    well if you are only going to back into things that are metal, probably a nice solution (assuming it works as advertised).

What about that neighbor kid?
  • 0patience0patience Member Posts: 1,712
    The one you posted looks pretty good, but I didn't see where it was being sold in the US or a price.
    And the distance it shows is awful tight.
    80cm is less than 3 feet.

You might take a look at this one.
    obstaclesensor
    It is a license plate frame unit that mounts easily.
    At 6' distance, the sensor will be active in a 6' area.
  • okko1okko1 Member Posts: 327
    opatience i got to bring a couple of units on line in the next couple of weeks and they must have backup alarms. this is a commercial application and must! be reliable. any recommendations. :shades:
  • 0patience0patience Member Posts: 1,712
    We use Ecco smart alarms or 600 series on all of our dump trucks.
    Most of our drivers like the Smart Alarm SA917, because it tones down in quiet areas.
    And they have a lifetime warranty.
  • okko1okko1 Member Posts: 327
    thanks for the tip i will see if i can run them down. the peterbuilt dealer down the street should have them :)
  • bmwlifebmwlife Member Posts: 1
    I bought the reversing warning sensor from http://www.carsda.com , over 9 months it works still ok .

And I want to buy the wireless parking aid for my brother.
    The carsda guy said currently the wireless parking sensor systems is with a wireless display, that is, there is no wiring between the display and the control unit. much easier to install .

But i am afraid that is it able to work as well as the common ones?

Anybody has the experience ,please tell me . thanks !
  • desvgatordesvgator Member Posts: 1
    In large vehicles such as minivans and SUVs, it's difficult to get a sense of what's behind you when you're backing up. This can be a dangerous problem if there are small children around, such as when you're picking up your child after school or sports practice. Rear parking sensors (sometimes called Rear Park Assist) ensure that you're made aware of objects behind you when the vehicle is in reverse. Usually, notification comes via audible beeps, but some systems use pillar-mounted light displays as well. Some manufacturers have gone a step beyond sensors by installing a rear-mounted camera that projects an image onto the vehicle's navigation screen whenever the vehicle in put in reverse. The Commercial Fleet Products website has both Rear Parking sensors and Rear-mounted Camera systems. Commercial Fleet Products
  • angelina2010angelina2010 Member Posts: 1
    Hmm , rear view mirror are really important for our rearving and driving .In my opinion ,this small equipment can be listed in the trafic low for a car accesssroies.After all ,these are safety products.

I purchased a ear view mirror last year from here: http://www.espow.com/wholesale-car-electronics-parking-sensors.html and installed in 4Sstore. It is also working perfect now. Did help me a lot when reversing. :) ">link title
  • nisrailnisrail Member Posts: 3
    It seems recently lot of people talking about car backup system. Even my my old-fashioned neighbour is passionate on that, and everyday clean his TaoTronic TT-CC03 on the license plate with a rag, again and again. To me, the question is how to make a decision between a reversing sensor and a rear view camera. It seems the former will give me an alert and remind me of the obstacle with an shock into the brain via the ears, and that will be strongerly forcing me attention than the latter, which can give me a sight at the backward situation. Is there anyone who can give me a suggestion? I will be very appreciated.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    I have both installed.
  • nisrailnisrail Member Posts: 3
    Sounds Good! i got one cam some days ago, and had it installed. but new problem arose, this one captures not night vision...
    really it makes me a little bit uncomfortable, sometimes i want to change a new one with night vision, like my neighbour's. but maybe i should better resist myself on this, after all, it's not a good thing to build up a reliance on these digital ears or eyes.