Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Audi S5 Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,268

@bitt31 said:
    Things have changed. now looking for a 24mo premium plus (800+ credit) 12k miles. MF and residual anyone?

Add 7% to the previously quoted numbers to go from 36mo to 24mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• pjsoceanpjsocean Member Posts: 3
    Hi, what is the latest MF and residual for a '14 PP @ 36/12? Thanks!
    pjsocean said:

Hi, what is the latest MF and residual for a '14 PP @ 36/12? Thanks!

.00097 and 53%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• enyceedannyenyceedanny Member Posts: 16
    Hello. What are the current mf and residual for 2015 S5 Prestige and Prem+? 36mo / 7.5k miles

Much Appreciated.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

Hello. What are the current mf and residual for 2015 S5 Prestige and Prem+? 36mo / 7.5k miles

Much Appreciated.

Coupe? .00130 MF. 62% residual for Premium Plus, 59% residual for Prestige

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I was quoted today the following, do you think it's a good deal?
    • S5 Prestige 2015
    • High Gloss Black Package
    • Nappa Leather
    • $64,000
    • 36mo Lease @‌ 59% Residual
    • 0.00098 MF
    • $838 per month
    • $4448 due at signing
    It was for a new build with a 90 day delivery window.

I was quoted today the following, do you think it's a good deal?

• S5 Prestige 2015
    • High Gloss Black Package
    • Nappa Leather
    • $64,000
    • 36mo Lease @‌ 59% Residual
    • 0.00098 MF
    • $838 per month
    • $4448 due at signing
    It was for a new build with a 90 day delivery window.

Hard to say without a selling price or the mileage allowance. But, that is the base money factor for the S4, not the S5...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Would appreciate your feedback on this deal:
    • 2015 S5 Premium Plus Auto
    • Based off $58854
    • $697.50/month
    • $3650 Out of Pocket (first month + fees)
    • 7500 miles/yr
    • 36 Months
    • Mythos Black Metallic
    • Black/Magma Interior
    • Technology Package
    • Black Optic Package
    • Bang & Olufsen Sound System
    • Carbon Atlas Inlays
    Thanks!

• Based off $58854
    • $697.50/month
    • 7500 miles/yr
    • 36 Months
    • Mythos Black Metallic
    • Black/Magma Interior
    • Technology Package
    • Black Optic Package
    • Carbon Atlas Inlays
    Thanks!
    Is $58,854 the selling price? What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

MSRP is 62,210

• MSRP is $62210
    • Based off $58854
    • $697.50/month
    • 7500 miles/yr
    • 36 Months
    • Mythos Black Metallic
    • Black/Magma Interior
    • Technology Package
    • Black Optic Package
    • Carbon Atlas Inlays
    Thanks!
    .00130 and 62% for 36/7.5

With your MSRP and selling price, I get a zero-down pre-tax payment of $690.09.

Is any of the $3650 out of pocket going to cap cost reduction?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

No. None that I'm aware of.

No. None that I'm aware of.

If your quote from the dealer includes tax then it's quite strong.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Well in terms of the monthly payment, it's all inclusive they say.
    Do you think I can do better?

Do you think I can do better?

Only way to do better is to negotiate a lower selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• whoknew01whoknew01 Member Posts: 29
    Can you please provide current MF & RV for 2014 & 2015 S5 convertible 36 or 39 month (whichever is better) with 15k miles per year. Thanks!
    whoknew01 said:

Can you please provide current MF & RV for 2014 & 2015 S5 convertible 36 or 39 month (whichever is better) with 15k miles per year. Thanks!

2015: .00133 MF and 57% residual for 36 months. Premium Plus model

2014: .00046 Mf and 51% residual for 36 months... Premium Plus

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• fuzzywalrusfuzzywalrus Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2014
    What is the RV and MF for 2015 S5 prem plus coupe...36m/15k and 36m/20k Thanks!

What is the RV and MF for 2015 S5 prem plus coupe...36m/15k and 36m/20k Thanks!

.00130 and 58% for 36/15. Extra miles are charged up front at what looks to be .15 per (ie, deduct $2250 from the calculated residual value).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• fuzzywalrusfuzzywalrus Member Posts: 2
    thank you very much Michaell
  • texasoil09texasoil09 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

Would appreciate some feedback on the following offer I just received:

2015 S5 Premium Plus Coupe
    MSRP: $63,540
    Rebate: $1,500 (loyalty)
    Sale Price w/ Adds: $60,769
    Trade Value: $31,000
    Trade Payoff: 33,311
    Tax: $3,798
    Acq Fee: $695
    Lic, Reg, Fees: $262

36 month, 10k mi/yr, $1,500 down
    Monthly Payment: $984.29

Seems a bit high to me...

Hello all,

MSRP: $63,540
    Rebate: $1,500 (loyalty)
    Sale Price w/ Adds: $60,769
    Trade Value: $31,000
    Trade Payoff: 33,311
    Tax: $3,798
    Acq Fee: $695
    Lic, Reg, Fees: $262

36 month, 10k mi/yr, $1,500 down
    Monthly Payment: $984.29

The sales tax in Texas on leases is what kills you here. However, the dealer may also be marking up the MF as well.

The $2300 of negative equity is also adding money to the payment - about $64/mo.

If you are rolling in the negative equity, the taxes and the fees, I can see the payment being that high.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• texasoil09texasoil09 Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:

Hello all,

The sales tax in Texas on leases is what kills you here. However, the dealer may also be marking up the MF as well.

The $2300 of negative equity is also adding money to the payment - about $64/mo.

If you are rolling in the negative equity, the taxes and the fees, I can see the payment being that high.
    Thanks, yeah not much I can do about the taxes except pay them up front. I'm questioning the negative equity they quoted and I'm digging into the MF. Appreciate the help.

Michaell said:

Hello all,

Thanks, yeah not much I can do about the taxes except pay them up front. I'm questioning the negative equity they quoted and I'm digging into the MF. Appreciate the help.
    Head over to the "Real World Trade in Values" discussion to get a value on your trade in - the negative equity may not be as bad as you think.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    edited December 2014
    Are you sure the money factor for the 2015 S5 premium plus coupe is 0.00130? I was at a dealer and when he showed me his screen it said 1.47 next to money factor. If I'm to assume the 1.47 was in % this translates to a MF of 0.0006125. His monthly payment was coming up lower than what I had calculated beforehand using 0.0013.
    richz said:

Are you sure the money factor for the 2015 S5 premium plus coupe is 0.00130? I was at a dealer and when he showed me his screen it said 1.47 next to money factor. If I'm to assume the 1.47 was in % this translates to a MF of 0.0006125. His monthly payment was coming up lower than what I had calculated beforehand using 0.0013.

I confirm the .00130 MF on the 2015 S5 Prem Plus Coupe.

Could the dealer be using a difference finance company than Audi?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

richz said:

Yes.. the base MF is .00130.

The dealer won't use an APR, so you can let that idea go... unless they are putting your lease through an independent bank, which seems extremely unlikely.

A more likely explanation is that they are marking up the rate for some extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited December 2014
    No, the payment that the dealer's computer was showing using "1.47" was coming up lower than what you would get using a MF of 0.00130 so there was no marking up of the rate. If I assume the 1.47% and convert it to a MF the calculations I get don't make sense because the payments would come out much lower than using 0.00130. I'll have to look closer at his spreadsheet if I go back there. Do you know if the loyalty cash of $1500 just works to reduce the capitalized cost?

Also, do you know if an Audi dealer has some sort of help from Audi to reduce/eliminate the lease repair and excess mileage costs if I'm turning in one Audi to lease another? The dealer I spoke to was basically saying anything he did to reduce my lease-end charges would directly be taken out of his pocket.
    richz said:

No, the payment that the dealer's computer was showing using "1.47" was coming up lower than what you would get using a MF of 0.00130 so there was no marking up of the rate. If I assume the 1.47% and convert it to a MF the calculations I get don't make sense because the payments would come out much lower than using 0.00130. I'll have to look closer at his spreadsheet if I go back there. Do you know if the loyalty cash of $1500 just works to reduce the capitalized cost?

Also, do you know if an Audi dealer has some sort of help from Audi to reduce/eliminate the lease repair and excess mileage costs if I'm turning in one Audi to lease another? The dealer I spoke to was basically saying anything he did to reduce my lease-end charges would directly be taken out of his pocket.

Any incentive money can be used to either lower the cap cost or cover your up front costs.

So far as I know, you are responsible for the lease end costs. If the dealer is offering to cover part or all of those costs, then I would agree it comes out of any profit on the new deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I see. I thought maybe Audi offered some assistance to the dealer in this case to help them sell a new Audi.
    richz said:

I see. I thought maybe Audi offered some assistance to the dealer in this case to help them sell a new Audi.

There may be, but we wouldn't know about it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I did confirm with a different dealer that the MF for a 2015 S5 coupe is 0.00130 after I asked why he was showing it as 0.00180 and he admitted he bumped it up half a point.
    richz said:

I did confirm with a different dealer that the MF for a 2015 S5 coupe is 0.00130 after I asked why he was showing it as 0.00180 and he admitted he bumped it up half a point.

Which he is allowed to do ... unless you call them out on it, which you did.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Which is why I usually avoid going into the dealership and usually handle negotiations via e-mail. It was funny because I wasn't there to negotiate so I just listened as he said "I'm giving you below invoice" and then proceeded to show me the invoice. When I mentioned he bumped up the MF he said "oh if I have to I can bump it down although Audi will hate me for it." His profit from the bump on the money factory equated to around $2000. I can see why most people get screwed on leases.
    richz said:

Which is why I usually avoid going into the dealership and usually handle negotiations via e-mail. It was funny because I wasn't there to negotiate so I just listened as he said "I'm giving you below invoice" and then proceeded to show me the invoice. When I mentioned he bumped up the MF he said "oh if I have to I can bump it down although Audi will hate me for it." His profit from the bump on the money factory equated to around $2000. I can see why most people get screwed on leases.

Let's not even talk about how the invoice price has nothing to do with the actual dealer cost...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

richz said:

Interestingly, I have found references to money factors in the format I listed above (e.g. 1.47) scattered throughout the forums. In those instances it seems that would translate to 0.00147 which would indeed mean the dealer bumped up the money factor. The odd thing is the monthly payment when the dealer used "1.47" was quite a bit better than what I calculate using 0.0013 for the MF and the same cap cost, etc. It makes me wonder if the $1500 loyalty cash works to more than just reduce the capitalized cost.
  • dgp_bmwdgp_bmw Member Posts: 15
    What is the current MF rate for a 2015 RS5 for both 36 month and 42 months lease (12K and 15K miles each)?
    Thanks.
    dgp_bmw said:

What is the current MF rate for a 2015 RS5 for both 36 month and 42 months lease (12K and 15K miles each)?
    Thanks.

Coupe?

36/15 - .00136 and 52%

42/15 - .00156 and 48%

Add 2% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ouch- the residuals are that low, how about 10K miles for both 36 and 42 months?
    Yeah, I was referring to Coupe, thanks
    dgp_bmw said:

Ouch- the residuals are that low, how about 10K miles for both 36 and 42 months?

Add 3% to go from 15K to 10K

The higher the trim line, the lower the residual (at least for Audi's). But, it's the only A5 available with a V8 - gotta pay to play. :smile:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks. How much do the residuals improve if you go 7.5K or 8K miles per year? Do residuals change as '16 models arrive?
    dgp_bmw said:

Thanks. How much do the residuals improve if you go 7.5K or 8K miles per year? Do residuals change as '16 models arrive?

Add 4% to go from 15K to 7.5K. It's possible that the residuals will change once the 2016's arrive - but usually they go down. As does the MF to compensate.

Any way you look at it, the RS5 is going to be expensive to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks. This is useful. If you add in AudiCare maintenance is it true that it adds 1% to residuals or not?
    dgp_bmw said:

Thanks. This is useful. If you add in AudiCare maintenance is it true that it adds 1% to residuals or not?

That is correct - add 1% for AudiCare.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator