Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

XM & Sirius Satellite Radio

1282930313234»

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited April 2013
    Ya, Detroit Electric hasn't had much buzz around here yet.

Detroit Electric and China's Geely Announce Strategic Partnership

Detroit Electric Recharged With 2014 SP:01

Detroit Electric Sports Car Teased Ahead of 2013 Shanghai Auto Show

We may get it, but it sounds like it's mostly for the Chinese market.
    Apparently this free trial is for those with used cars with built-in Sirius radios.

SiriusXM

No obligation, no credit card needed, but you have to call to cancel after two months or you'll get billed.
    Is there a free week promotion going on? Was punching buttons on the radio two nights ago and Sirius popped, and not just the preview channel. It's still on two days later. Unfortunately the Coffee House channel seems to have lost some of its appeal.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Love my XM radio and got a good price for it, $90 for the year but not sure I'll keep it past the end of February if the price goes up...it's not worth it for more than $10/month to me since I've got a lot of cd's and a flash drive with about 900 songs I really love. Really like the 6 presets I have and never knowing what song is coming on next. Come the beginning of February, I'll be calling to see what kind of deal I can get and like I said, if it's over what I am paying now, I'll just cancel it...easy peasy!

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    @sandman, just tell them you will renew if you can get the same deal you currently have.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694

@sandman, just tell them you will renew if you can get the same deal you currently have.

They're all hungry to keep customers!

I called Dish to cancel, as they were raising the price by $5/month.

Told them I now had Charter available and they'd give me the same package for 29.99/month.

They said they'd match it, but I said they had to beat it. I now have Dish for 24.99/month for the next year.

Ha, just got a letter from Sirius telling me my free trial is expiring. Would have been nice if they had told me I was getting a free trial in the first place. I just happened to notice one day.

Without the letter, it likely would have taken me a week or three to notice.
    free Sirius through Dec 2.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    If you have the patience for all the DJ blabbing :@
    I like having the DJ 's without the other than Sirius other channel commercials. :)
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Still love my XM but it's really only worth the $8.25/month I am paying. Not sure I'd stay if they raise the price too much...we'll just have to see what happens come mid February!

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

"Some Sirius XM customers, who were charged for satellite radio service they didn't want, can now apply for a refund.

Sirius XM agreed Friday to pay $3.8 million to settle complaints that it misled customers with its advertising and billing practices. The money will be split among 46 states and the District of Columbia. Those in four states, California, Hawaii, Wyoming and New York, can't apply for a refund, Sirius said.

State attorneys general said customers complained that it was difficult to cancel their Sirius XM contracts, and some said that Sirius XM automatically renewed contracts without asking."

Sirius XM to Pay $3.8 Million to Settle Complaints (ABC)
    Last week I got a promo flyer in the mail from Sirius. Tossed it in the recycle pile without reading it.

Today I hit the sat button in the van and the channels were on again. Not sure if this is another tease or what, but I enjoyed listening to SoulTown for a couple of hours. Disappointed (still) in CoffeeHouse - either they changed the playlist or I changed my listening preferences. Will be curious to see how long the free ride lasts this time.
    I think it goes until the 26th. I just renewed the subscription on my wife's car for a year, around $100.
    Free Sirius/XM starting August 24 (that's today) through September 6.
    edited August 2016
    Just renewed my wife's subscription. It stopped working the day her trial period ended. 6 months for the price of 2.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121
    I just got a free 6-month subscription. Of course, I had to lease a new car to get it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited September 2016
    For everyone who never purchased a subscription, there's a class action. Hooker v. Sirius XM Radio Settlement

Bummer, they never had my phone number.