Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Inconsiderate Drivers (share your stories, etc.)

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    The trick to driving in California is, IMO, to NEVER be indecisive. Whatever you plan to do---do it! There's the quick and the dead, that's it. Alternatively you can hang in the right lane with the truckers, most of whom know what they're doing (let us pray).

I survive using quick acceleration to do everything. Get it done and get out of there. I have no time or inclination to punish stupid drivers. LL parker? ZOOM. I'm around you and outta there.

I find that "planning ahead" constantly is a great way to deal with CA traffic. Having a small fast car is very handy for me. If I waited politely to be allowed to move over 3 lanes to an exit, I'd still be out there heading to Mexico.

Coupled with the crumbling infrastructure of the nation's highways, a day on the freeway can be a pretty wild ride. Lane changing at 75 mph between two huge SUVs while going over potholes and trying to hole shoot an exit---no wonder 5 pm is cocktail hour at the Shiftright manor.

Oh, man...

Just got back from a short trip to Los Angeles and got reminded of just how terrifying the freeway are down there. I guess I used to drive like that myself but, seriously I don't think I could venture out on an L.A. freeway today.

Took super shuttle from LAX to San Pedro and was a nervous wreck when I got to the hotel. Tailgating at 75 MPH, constant lane changing, nearing running into the back of a semi and watching people merge with two feet of clearance.

The shuttle ride back was even worse. A motorcycle going at least 80 MPH passed us by lane splitting with inches of clearance. I watched the motorcycle zig zag through cars and large trucks. I was so happy to get to the airport!

Maybe I'm just getting old?

Between December 2009 and November 2013, I made 23 trips to Los Angeles (staying for 7-12 days each trip). My cousin (and best friend) was battling Inflammatory Breast Cancer (the most rare and aggressive form) and she has three adopted kids with various behavioral problems and learning disabilities. Between multiple rounds of chemo and radiation in addition to SEVEN different surgeries, she needed all the help she could get. She lives in Woodland Hills, which is on the edge of the Santa Monica Mountains adjacent to the San Fernando Valley.

Her kids attend two different schools and all three play multiple sports, so there was at least one practice or game (usually two or even three simultaneously) every evening. My primary function was driving the kids to/from school, friends houses and extracurricular events and I spent four to six (or even more) hours driving every day!

I've lived in Atlanta all of my life, so I am very comfortable driving in traffic and dealing with gridlock. In my 24 years of driving, I've even managed to survive Atlanta traffic with only manual-transmission vehicles (never owned an automatic....yet). I've also driven numerous times in D.C., Chicago and even in a few European cities. So I am a fairly seasoned city driver and I usually have little trouble finding my way around major cities with heavy traffic. But NOTHING can quite prepare you for driving in Los Angeles!!!

The first time I went out in 2009, I arrived three days prior to my cousin starting chemo. She wanted to spend at least a day or two showing me how to get the kids' schools (two different ones, located about 10 miles apart) and where their various sporting events and practices would be. Several of the places I would be driving involved getting on "the 101" and (far worse) "the 405"!

I think she was impressed with how well I handled driving bumper-to-bumper at 80+mph with the countless other cars. But I made my first mistake within 30 seconds of getting on the 101. As I worked my way over to the faster-moving left lanes, I signaled my lane change just like I would at home or anywhere else. Apparently, in Southern California, use of a turn signal to merge or change lanes (or turn, for that matter) incites aggressive behavior from all surrounding drivers! Anyone in the lane that I was trying to move into would rapidly accelerate at the first flash of a signal indicating that I was planning to get in 'their' lane!

Luckily, my cousin has a Lexus GX470 SUV so it's larger (especially taller) than most other cars on the road. So I quickly learned not to signal until I was already half way into the lane I wanted to be in then they would back off because I was bigger than them! And it was also great at forcing all of those slow-moving Prii (plural for Prius) out of the left-most lane! I fully expected to pull back into the driveway one day only to find a Prius stuck to the grille...but it never happened. Other than the sheer size of the GX, the 4.7L V8 had enough power to accelerate much quicker than most other drivers would expect. So if I saw a gap in traffic that I wanted to squeeze into, I could floor it then bully my way into the opening.

So now I drive like almost everyone else in L.A. The only issue I have is re-programming myself when I get back home to Atlanta. For the first few days after each trip, I tend to drive more aggressively than usual without realizing it.....
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,167
    About 36 hours of light/moderate rain in the Seattle area means brake, slow, crawl, and panic at every opportunity. Love it.
  • slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694
    fintail said:

About 36 hours of light/moderate rain in the Seattle area means brake, slow, crawl, and panic at every opportunity. Love it.

I always found it odd that folks who live in a wet climate(Oregon included), cannot grasp the concept of how to drive.

I moved up from Silicon Valley area over 20 years ago. Took me several years to learn to allow for the antics that I see most every day. Down where I came from, if you drove like these people up here, you'd be dead in about 3 minutes...
    edited October 2014
    Exactly. Merging at 40mph, braking for no reason, passive-aggressive maneuvers - it'd be a shootout. It proves that so many local "drivers" never leave western WA or OR. They'd be eaten alive, or much worse, in areas where you actually have to mind yourself on the road.

The rain panic really amuses me. Although this area isn't a leader in rain volume, it is in rain duration - lots of rainy hours and days. One would think they could adjust to it, become accustomed. Nope. Rain is freak out time, commutes double and triple in length, and crawling along at 20 under, in fear, is the thing to do. 2-handed deathgrip on the top of that Prius or beige crosssovervan steering wheel, wipers going full speed in a drizzle, well below the limit with a line behind.
    slorenzen said:

. Down where I came from, if you drove like these people up here, you'd be dead in about 3 minutes...

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    See it here in South Florida also...the rain freaks drivers out and they forget how to drive safely! First thing they do is hit the brakes for some odd reason. They use their emergency flashers which I thought was illegal and cut their speed by 2/3...it's just crazy!!! I know when it does rain, my 1/2 hour commute turns into an hour easy but not much I can do since I use interstate the whole way home. Very frustrating!

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,282
    Here's my counter-argument for all those folks who slow down when the weather gets nasty (actually, it's from my wife, who is a Colorado native):

How fast do you want to be going when you lose control?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

In Oregon I've noticed also that they employ invisible stop signs at almost every intersection. This invisible sign overrides even a green light, as well as re-inforces intersections where there are visible stop signs to the right and left. They are highly effective in created an "accordian" traffic pattern.
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,795
    Michaell said:

Here's my counter-argument for all those folks who slow down when the weather gets nasty (actually, it's from my wife, who is a Colorado native):

How fast do you want to be going when you lose control?

It doesn't matter too much to me, as long as I'm driving at a speed that keeps me on the edge of it at all other times (assuming inclement weather; in more mundane situations, I'm generally within five of the SL). B)

2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    Speaking of stopping at intersections, an insurance company even made an ad pointing out how locals react:

http://youtu.be/5XdohA-4tQ0

Perfect. Even the cars are right - could be anywhere from Portland to Bellingham.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    As the speed limit considers optimin driving conditions, adverse weather is to be honored, recognized, & feared - the responsible conservative motorist will adjust accordingly by reducing his speed to a safer level after starting his trip earlier to compensate. Other drivers who ignore weather conditions create the adverse weather crashes by their false confidence & lack of experience.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,282
    euphonium said:

As the speed limit considers optimin driving conditions, adverse weather is to be honored, recognized, & feared - the responsible conservative motorist will adjust accordingly by reducing his speed to a safer level after starting his trip earlier to compensate. Other drivers who ignore weather conditions create the adverse weather crashes by their false confidence & lack of experience.

Exactly. Rain in the NW, snow here in CO - both should cause drivers to be more careful and slow down.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited October 2014
    Oh yeah, drizzle isn't adverse weather. Ice and snow and downpours and hurricanes etc, yes.

The timid scaredy cat motorist who slams on the brakes when a raindrop hits the windshield is a dangerous obstruction, and should call a cab or find someone else to drive him.

Speed limits are designed for the lowest common denominator and for revenue creation as well as supposedly "optimin" conditions.
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    just back from a week of silicon valley driving, including my old commute over santacruz mountains on highway 17 (fun).
    And highway-1/big-sur/nepenthe (scenic but not 'fun', due to strong fear of driving within inches of cliffs.)

silicon valley driving is not exactly like LA driving but has a bunch in common. the lane-splitting motorcycles greatly annoyed my better-half on "the 101" as well as on the street with the funniest name of all: "the El Camino".
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    So, yesterday the streets were wet and slippery from the leaves the windstorm blew down. Driving yesterday morning, the bright sunshine made it near impossible to see as the sun reflected off the streets. As I was trying to determine if I was really in my intended lane a mini van crossed over the double yellow lane and PASSED me even though I was at the speed limit!
    edited October 2014
    That's all I want, the speed limit.

Out this morning, early before the rush, heading down a 40mph arterial at roughly the speed limit, Accent makes an idiotic free turn and pulls out in front of me, even though nobody is behind me for the line of sight. I am only minorly annoyed, change lanes, speed up a little to go around. Accent keeps accelerating in my blind spot, up to about 50, but once I am ahead a little, it drops back and never speeds up again. A few minutes later, a Civic makes a similarly dumb turn in front of me - that one was rewarded with high beams.

This is actually a normal thing here, just been awhile since I've whined. I am seriously going to look at hardwiring a dash cam into my next car, then time to create a youtube channel.
    "This is actually a normal thing here, just been awhile since I've whined."

I was just about to say that you have had a really good stretch! But, no such luck. LOL
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    Winners are NOT whiners.
    edited October 2014
    And those who whine about whiners are NOT winners ;)
    It all blends into a dull background roar. I've dealt with some extreme idiocy on the sidewalk while jogging too - a certain demographic just never looks right while turning - but I've let it go.

Oh yeah, yesterday I got behind a late model M3 with working turn signals - that's equivalent to 10 considerate drivers in normal cars.

xwesx said:

"

I was just about to say that you have had a really good stretch! But, no such luck. LOL

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,945
    I certainly don't mind if people want to crawl along in the wet weather, but get the hell out of the left lane! Not all of us are driving on bald tires.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

qbrozen said:

I certainly don't mind if people want to crawl along in the wet weather, but get the hell out of the left lane! Not all of us are driving on bald tires.

Yep, same here. I always say that I don't care what speed people drive, as long as they do it considerately. The problems occur because there are so many of them that do not!
    Because they're driving at the limit while being a LLC, they are still safer than the impatient & uninformed who think the LLC is just being passive aggressive.
    euphonium said:

Because they're driving at the limit while being a LLC, they are still safer than the impatient & uninformed who think the LLC is just being passive aggressive.

No, they're not. But, we've been down that road before, so no need to pile up behind you on it again. ;)
    A LLC is like a stump in the pasture. Just plow around it.
    Oh, Highway 17 to Santa Cruz. The Road of Carnage. No place for rookies.
    elias said:

just back from a week of silicon valley driving, including my old commute over santacruz mountains on highway 17 (fun).
    And highway-1/big-sur/nepenthe (scenic but not 'fun', due to strong fear of driving within inches of cliffs.)

silicon valley driving is not exactly like LA driving but has a bunch in common. the lane-splitting motorcycles greatly annoyed my better-half on "the 101" as well as on the street with the funniest name of all: "the El Camino".

Strange thing, today's commute home was a breeze (relatively, for this area). Might have to try that route again. Didn't almost get hit while on foot, either. Happy Friday!

LLC = stump is a good one. Also like a pylon.
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    don't sweat the LLCs. just get by them when you can. let the psycho tailgators deal with them while you chill in middle or right lane. remember the the video game FROGGER?
    the best optimization i've found for east-coast interstate driving is to use reverse lane-discipline when outside urban/dense areas:

right lane is the fast lane: up to 24.9 mph above posted limit
    middle lane cruising/bigrig/MLC lane, up to 9 to 19 mph over posted limit
    left lane is the LLC/slowest lane: up to 9 mph over posted limit
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    I normally commute from suburban Chicago to downtown via train but this past week I drove in. I was going in to the office early & staying late so basically the sun was never up during the drive. Most surprising thing was the sheer number of cars that didn't have their lights on; easily 3-5 on each morning & 3-5 again each evening.

Also disturbing is the increasing number of people who drive with non-functioning head/tail/brake-lights. Seems to be almost as bad as all the cars sold without turn signals.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    elias said:

don't sweat the LLCs. just get by them when you can. let the psycho tailgators deal with them while you chill in middle or right lane. remember the the video game FROGGER?
    the best optimization i've found for east-coast interstate driving is to use reverse lane-discipline when outside urban/dense areas:

I have found your characterization to be true for the interstates freeways and highways in the far west also.
    edited October 2014
    It works like that in Seattle, especially on 5 south of the city - save for many local drivers are too timid and inept to even touch the limit, and will hit their brakes on a wide open road when they approach that revered number.
    elias said:

don't sweat the LLCs. just get by them when you can.

More awful traffic here this week - local news was even remarking that it is much worse than usual this past week. Explaining it with cheap gas and a booming economy, maybe combined with some rain and historically timid drivers.

Today's sightings, both of which scream "Bellevue". First, middle aged woman in an ML350, turning right from a straight only lane, phone to her ear - but she signaled. Which is more than one can say for the younger guy in an F30 3er who made a typical-for-the-brand aggressive swerve across 3 lanes with no signal.
    Just about to take a rare left-hand exit on Highway 80 near Fairfield, CA, when I *just* noticed a motorcycle going about 60 mph between me and the guard rail !! Yikes !!!

Is this the illusion of immortality at work?

Just about to take a rare left-hand exit on Highway 80 near Fairfield, CA, when I *just* noticed a motorcycle going about 60 mph between me and the guard rail !! Yikes !!!

More like chlorinating the gene pool...

• ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    edited October 2014

How about that 50 motorcycle stunt pack on highway 880 with CHP motorcycles in pursuit documented with a GO PRO m=helmet cam ?? (guess only) (local cable TV news)

I had another one yesterday.

I'm turning left in a dedicated left turn lane---there are actually two dedicated left turns lanes. So I'm in the inner, and a jacked-up Toyota pickup is in the outer (you can already tell where this is going, right)?

So we both make the turn---naturally I am in a Mini that corners pretty well and the Toyota, being on the outside, has a longer way to go and, no doubt, a harder steering effort.

So the two turn lanes merge into one about 50 yards after the turn.

The truck is, of course, behind me...but speeds up, tries to push me aside and squeeze in--naturally I brake-- he darts in, gives me the finger--both from the driver's window---THEN open the back window, while driving, to give me the finger again.

I'm laughing and shaking my head the whole time. I wave him ahead "okay, okay, you win Rugged 4WD dude!"

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    edited October 2014
    Some vehicle types have a percentage of drivers who fit the discourteous stereotype.

Today, Mazda with an air dam on the trunk uses the left turn lanes only ramp off the interstate,
    then at the end of the line cuts into the right turn lane. The right turn lane is backed up a quarter mile onto the interstate. This is at lunchtime, so it probably was someone wanting to get to the many restaurants and carryout places on the strip next to the interstate.

Got the Chick-Fil-A and it has entry off an access street behind the store. People line up in the direction that comes from the east to make a left turn across the alley into drive-thru. A car from the west somehow ends up making a turn in front of the cars from the east and is sitting block both lanes of the "street" for 3-4 minutes until the drive-thru line moves again. Brand of car? A Mazda that's a few years old just like the one on the interstate ramp.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

I had another one yesterday.

The truck is, of course, behind me...but speeds up, tries to push me aside and squeeze in--naturally I brake-- he darts in

LOL I call this scenario "fear-of-the-small-car syndrome." It is truly mind-boggling, as it ONLY happens when one is driving a tiny car! It is actually rare for me to make a round-trip to town without some clown in a pickup truck (or large SUV) behaving like an idiot when I'm driving my Fiesta. Whether they try to prevent me changing lanes, or accelerate while I'm passing, or cut me off on a solid line, or whatever, it ONLY happens when I'm in the Fiesta.

Driving the Forester is like "E-Z" mode, as none of this stuff occurs (well, quite rarely, anyway) when I'm in that car.

I'm disappointed that you yielded your ROW to this guy, though. You're just enabling that ludicrous behavior! :p

I think he was actually kind of crazy and would have smashed right into me. You get a "vibe" with certain people. I got street smarts. That level of rage has nothing to do with the present situation. These folks are ticking time bombs and I don't want to be near Ground Zero.

I was reading the other day about the old guy up in Napa who got so enraged by a bicyclist he chased the bike through a parking lot and ran him down on a golf course. He's in jail now for a good long time.
    So, yesterday I was about to turn left on a green arrow. There were two cars ahead of me that went through on yellow. Knowing it was just about to turn red, I stopped. It actually did turn red before my stop was complete.

A guy behind me leaned on his horn!

Twenty years ago I would have flipped him off but old age and "maturity" prevented this now.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Yeah, I love it how some drivers get all upset because you won't break the law (and put yourself in danger) for their convenience. But they should be excused for their bad behavior; after all, their time is sooooo important!
    Good point, Shifty!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited October 2014
    Some Focus guy, my age no less, passed on the right leaving a 4 way intersection - he had a short 100' merge lane while flooring it past me. Well, I understand, I'd rather not be behind a truck or van blocking my view either.

Naturally I was right behind him for ~3 miles just cruising along with traffic. Could be that I still have the out of state plates on the van - in about 3/4ths of a mile he could have calmly passed back where the 4 lane picks up again and not blown a bucks worth of gas out hustling around me in the merge lane.

Inconsiderate litterbugs (Yahoo).
    A buck? I think you are rounding up :) Sometimes just not looking at the rump of some vehicles can be worth it.

Lots of traffic out there today, and driving is what I will call a diverse experience, take that for what you wish. I also went to Costco earlier, hoping it wouldn't be a madhouse immediately after opening. I was wrong. It was a zoo, the parking lot included. I park out in the boonies and walk, funny to see the trollers circling around for a spot.
    stever said:

Some Focus guy, my age no less,back where the 4 lane picks up again and not blown a bucks worth of gas out hustling around me in the merge

I had to go into the city this morning, always fun. Merged on to 90 at Bellevue Way, which also always fun. As per usual, a car in front of me almost hit 50 by the time it reached 90 - where traffic was flowing at ~65. Such a Bellevue thing, the slow merge. Later got behind an old guy in a Mazda 3 IIRC, a good LLC going about the speed limit give or take maybe 1 as a parade of cars passed on the right. He might have been playing with his phone - it almost looked like he was taking pics, maybe of the cars passing him. I kept an eye on him, expecting something abrupt. When not playing with phone, he had the 11-and-1 deathgrip of a pensive Puget Sound driver. Then in the city, the typical combination of high speed and no signals, or timid crawling.
    I HATE driving into Seattle so much now that we just take the bus. They do have a great bus system for sure!
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    It's so funny that I've always hated the drive to Miami and would avoid it at all costs. So where does my job take me like 75% of the time??? Miami, where the folks have no clue how to drive and where they refuse to speak English when I know most of them know some at least. We live in Broward County for those who know South Florida and the office is in south Broward County. Miami is in Dade County, about 5 miles due south of us and we end up going there a few times each day I work. I know Broward so much better since I've lived down here since late '69 but Dade, totally lost for the most part so I rely on my smartphone or just follow someone else. My sense of direction is usually pretty good and if I go someplace once, I can usually get there again but going into Miami has had it's moments for me.
    And right now with the wife's additional job duties and new clients, I feel like I need to be around more to help her out. I'm still on the fence about going back to the long distance driving even though the West Palm one just needs a current drivers report from me while the closer Ft. Lauderdale gig hasn't said yes, but hasn't said no either and since it really is closer, I'm thinking of just giving them some more time to call me on a day off. The girls all say to stick with the Hertz gig and call it a day so am pretty torn right now. I've been having some painful spinal issues of late but would like to earn some extra money now that season is about to start. Decisions, decisions!! So I'll leave it in G-d's hands right now and let him decide what I need to do here!

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

The Express bus from downtown Bellevue to Seattle and the quick line to the Airport are nice. When I go into the city, I am usually dropping something off or picking something up, making the bus more difficult.

Would be more fun if we had a train like Portland and Vancouver.

I HATE driving into Seattle so much now that we just take the bus. They do have a great bus system for sure!

• backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    This morning I stopped at a red light at the end of the exit ramp that I take frequently. It has a No Right Turn on Red sign (actually, two signs, hard to miss). There was a silver CR-V behind me. I don't know if he was ticked at me for not turning on red, but when the light changed to green I turned and immediately flicked the left turn signal to change to the left lane for a left turn I needed to make soon. As I was changing lanes, the CR-V pulled out from behind me (no signal of course) and nearly hit my bumper, then ducked back to the right lane and sped off at least 10 over the 35 limit. I gave him a proper salute with my horn for his driving prowess. He had to stop a short distance ahead for another red light (they're timed on this street), and as I moved into the left turn lane there (he was still in the right lane) he was gesturing at me and shouting and looked quite upset. I guess he'd had his morning dose of caffeine. Or something.

Also, it was a cloudy, dark early morning with light rain, and around 20% or more of vehicles I saw didn't have headlights on.
    backy said:

This morning I stopped at a red light at the end of the exit ramp that I take frequently. It has a No Right Turn on Red sign (actually, two signs, hard to miss). There was a silver CR-V behind me. I don't know if he was ticked at me for not turning on red, but when the light changed to green I turned and immediately flicked the left turn signal to change to the left lane for a left turn I needed to make soon. As I was changing lanes, the CR-V pulled out from behind me (no signal of course) and nearly hit my bumper, then ducked back to the right lane and sped off at least 10 over the 35 limit. I gave him a proper salute with my horn for his driving prowess. He had to stop a short distance ahead for another red light (they're timed on this street), and as I moved into the left turn lane there (he was still in the right lane) he was gesturing at me and shouting and looked quite upset. I guess he'd had his morning dose of caffeine. Or something.

Also, it was a cloudy, dark early morning with light rain, and around 20% or more of vehicles I saw didn't have headlights on.

Maybe he was unhappy with the election results?

I've heard a lot of really un-hinged comments this morning...
    How DARE you for driving on HIS road! LOL

I caught a horn late last week shortly after I turned right onto a major thoroughfare. When I pulled up to the light at the intersection, there was a vehicle, about 50 yards to my left, also pulling up to the road to make a right turn from a gas station there. We were pretty much in sync in terms of our timing on getting to the roadway and then entering it. The difference was, this guy came barreling out of there vs. me just being nonchalant about it. Of course, he closes the gap between us due to his eager application of the accelerator, so he crawls up my wazoo, lays on the horn, then jerks to the left lane and flies by.

I was chuckling about it because it was so nonsensical for him to expect me to somehow yield to his vehicle, which was not on the roadway I entered at the time I entered it, and then create the conflict himself by accelerating up to me feeling offended rather than just switching lanes and passing me as any normal person would do with a slower-moving vehicle ahead. Then, as fate would have it, we were side by side at the front of the line come the next light. So, light turns green, he squeals his tires (like he was trying to actually move out quickly, but failing) so, finding this just too amusing (and to add insult to his perceived injury), I smoked him - in my little Fiesta. Haha! Manual transmissions can be so much fun sometimes....