Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Toyota Venza Lease Questions

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited May 2015 in Toyota
This discussion was created from comments split from: Toyota Venza Lease Questions.

Comments

• saconwaysaconway Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know projected MF and Residual on 2015 Venza XLE, 36 Mnth, 12K for IL??
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    saconway said:

Does anyone know projected MF and Residual on 2015 Venza XLE, 36 Mnth, 12K for IL??

We don't have any numbers that would be valid for Illinois. Toyota/Lexus has special lease programs for Illinois that are usually a little better, to help offset Illinois' onerous lease taxes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• drevil7171drevil7171 Member Posts: 3
    can I please get the money factor and residual on a 2015 Venza XLe v6 in California. 12k/36
    Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,036

can I please get the money factor and residual on a 2015 Venza XLe v6 in California. 12k/36
    Thanks!

No 2015 Venza lease numbers, which leads me to believe that it would be expensive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• sebastian10sebastian10 Member Posts: 72
    edited April 2015
    Hi, what are April numbers on XLE V6 AWD and Limited 24/12k in Chicago? Thanks!

Hi, what are April numbers on XLE V6 AWD and Limited 24/12k in Chicago? Thanks!

XLE - 68%

Limited - 66%

.00001 and $550 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• mark1266mark1266 Member Posts: 16
    Hi,

Can I get the MF and residual for the 2015 LE AWD and FWD, 36months 12k. Is there any lease cash? This is for NJ.

Thanks!
    mark1266 said:

Hi,

Can I get the MF and residual for the 2015 LE AWD and FWD, 36months 12k. Is there any lease cash? This is for NJ.

Thanks!

59% residual for FWD, 60% for AWD.
    .00001 MF and $1440 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• evanslikeevanslike Member Posts: 40
    .00001 in NJ?
    What about NY or MD

Looking at XLE or Limited V6 AWD

Thanks
    evanslike said:

.00001 in NJ?
    What about NY or MD

Looking at XLE or Limited V6 AWD

Thanks

.00001 in MD & NY, too.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• evanslikeevanslike Member Posts: 40
    Dealers in MD are quoting with like 55 Resid.
    Is the Resid for XLE AWD the same in NY and MD?

THanks
    evanslike said:

Dealers in MD are quoting with like 55 Resid.
    Is the Resid for XLE AWD the same in NY and MD?

THanks

XLE AWD is 57% for 36mo, 15K/yr
    LTD AWD is 55% for 36mo, 15K/yr

Toyota only gives those residuals on the base price for those models.. options are residualized at a lesser amount (or, not at all)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cliffpzcliffpz Member Posts: 18
    what is mf and residual for xle 36/10 in ny? any lease incentives? what type of discounts are people getting off of msrp? best i received so far was invoice which seems too high considering model is discontinued?
    cliffpz said:

what is mf and residual for xle 36/10 in ny? any lease incentives? what type of discounts are people getting off of msrp? best i received so far was invoice which seems too high considering model is discontinued?

60% for AWD .... and .00001 MF.

No lease incentives that I see.

Can't help you with transaction prices.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• champs9900champs9900 Member Posts: 34
    Do you have the RV and MF for a Venza XLE in NJ for 36/12 and 24/12?  Thanks. 

.00001 MF and 61%/70% residual.

Subtract 1% from residual if NOT AWD.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chakotechakote Member Posts: 12
    Hello -

What is the money factor and residual for a 36/12 FWD and AWD in California? Any lease cash? Thank you very much!
    chakote said:
    Hello - What is the money factor and residual for a 36/12 FWD and AWD in California? Any lease cash? Thank you very much!
    What trim level?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Oops - XLE Thanks!
  • champs9900champs9900 Member Posts: 34
    kyfdx said:
    .00001 MF and 61%/70% residual. Subtract 1% from residual if NOT AWD.
    FYI: The residual for 24/12 was closer to 65% today. He printed the invoice paperwork and it indicated the various residual values for the appropriate terms. The MF was the same. 

I saw that Toyota had a $2000 cash back on the Venza expiring today. Dealer told me that only applies to finance. Is that true?  The $2000 doesn't apply to a lease?  He told me the lease cash is only $550.  He was selling me the car at invoice btw. 
    Once I get the lease info for an XLE 36/12 in California, my offers are going to be way below invoice. True Car has them nearly 17% off. If they go for it, great. If not, meh. Discontinued model with a fair amount of inventory. Will report back my experience.
    XLE 36/12 in California - 54% Residual MF .00001 There is a $750 Rebate on the lease. Discount off MSRP of $39k was 10.2% or $4k at a NorCal dealer. 1st offer out of the chutes but would not budge. The search continues....
    chakote said:

Once I get the lease info for an XLE 36/12 in California, my offers are going to be way below invoice. True Car has them nearly 17% off. If they go for it, great. If not, meh. Discontinued model with a fair amount of inventory. Will report back my experience.

.00001 MF and 52%/54% residual for FWD/AWD. $1000 lease cash. (at least in L.A.)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• epic_dudeepic_dude Member Posts: 5
    Hello,
    Can anyone provide July numbers for Toyota Venza LE in Massachusetts? I would like to know what are the RV and MF numbers for (bare with me):

1. AWD 2 years: 12k and 15k, and also 3 years: 12k and 15k
    2. FWD same as above

Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Thanks!
    epic_dude said:

Hello,
    Can anyone provide July numbers for Toyota Venza LE in Massachusetts? I would like to know what are the RV and MF numbers for (bare with me):

1. AWD 2 years: 12k and 15k, and also 3 years: 12k and 15k
    2. FWD same as above

Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Thanks!

AWD Numbers:
    24/15 = 63%
    36/15 = 54%

Add 2% for 12K; subtract 1% for FWD

.00001 MF for all terms

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• epic_dudeepic_dude Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

Thank you very much for your help with the money factor, and residual value numbers. It helped me to close a good deal on a Venza. Here is what I got:

2015 Venza LE, 4 Cyl, AWD

(Too bad they don't make the LE model with 6 cyl. engine anymore. But hey, I think I got a good deal, and should not complain much about it.)

$249 / month
    24m/12k, $0 down, only had to make the first payment (23 payments left).

For the last 11 years, I always use the same "online" process to buy/lease my cars. I always used this site to start out my "hunt" for the new car, and get an idea about the numbers for specific models. Explaining my process in detail is kind of "giving back" or saying "Thank You". Hopefully it will help others to make car buying experience a little less stressful. It works for me, but please know that "Results may vary" :smile: If you feel this post can help, please feel free to copy/paste it to any of the other forums.

This is how it happened:

1.)
    We like Toyotas (our last two cars were Toyotas). Started researching roomy, utility kind of Toyota models on Edmunds, other car sites, and YouTube.

2.)
    I went to the closest Toyota dealership with my wife (she'll be driving the car), test drove Venza, Highlander, Sienna. We liked Highlander the best out of the three, but this model is still too popular to find a great deal, and we did not want to go over $300 on the monthly payment. Sienna was, well Sienna - a minivan. Endlessly practical, but boxy and uncool vehicle. Decided on the Venza not only because I was aware that the best deal will be with this car (discontinued after 2015), but because we were pleasantly surprised with the car in general. All the seats are roomy, tons of legroom both in front and in the back, the center console has huuuge storage space, touch screen radio, backup camera, and few other little things which just felt right. Oh, AWD too. Yes, there was some hard plastic on top of the console, but that did not bother me much. We are not big on "luxury options". Most of the time, the base models come with what we need. Also, options mean higher price, and our goal was to keep the payment low.
    We didn't linger at the dealership, just test drove the cars. By the way, because of the test drives, I felt obligated to give this dealership a chance. They were on top of the list of the seven dealerships (see below) that I contacted, but they came back with the price that was way too high.

3.)
    I looked up the prices online on different car buying sites, got a feeling that I should expect the price of this model to be around $25k (this is after all dealer and Toyota discounts).

4.)
    I contacted seven (7) dealerships in the Boston area through email and phone (could have done more than seven, but even seven seemed much already to handle all the emails and phone calls).
    Used the exact same wording in the emails to all of them. Explained that I have good credit, that I am looking for the specific model (Venza, LE, AWD), that I test drove the car, that I want $0 down, sign and drive (no need to "stop by", "come on down", "get the VIP treatment" at the dealership), and that I am ready to make a deal in the next three days.
    I was surprised that out of seven dealerships there was only one that gave me a price that was close to what I was expecting to pay.

This is how I figured out what should I expect to pay:
    Found an online lease calculator, entered in:
    the MSRP of approximately $31700, (a few hundreds plus or minus, depending on what models the dealer has in stock)
    expected price (cap cost) of about $25k,
    acquisition fee of $650,
    dealer and registration fees of around $500
    Massachusetts sales tax of 6.25%,
    residual value of 65%, and
    0.00001 money factor).

5.)
    It took me only two or three email exchanges to get the confirmation from this one dealership to get the price reduced a little to what I was ready to pay. Got on the phone with them, verified everything. Both the emails and the phone conversations were very personable. Excellent experience. (All this while other dealerships were mostly sending me their generic, template like emails, with generic quotes that I could have easily found on their websites. They were anywhere from $30 to $60 higher on the monthly payment comparing to what I ended up paying.)

6.)
    The next morning went to the dealership, and closed the deal. No bait and switch, no surprises. Got the car, done. Good experience.

As for the timeline, took me about 2-3 days, couple of hours of light internet browsing a day (with coffee and a sandwich), to research the models and the prices. One afternoon for the test drives. About two days of intermittent back and forth emails and phone calls with the dealerships. And finally, one morning to go to dealership and finish up the paperwork and pick up the car. So, all in all about a week of pretty much stress free process. The life went on without interruptions, and the new car is in the garage.

Hint: try to avoid dealing with floor sales people. It looks like many of the dealerships I've dealt with have their floor people answering customer emails / online inquiries. The whole point of email "car hunt" should be to get in direct contact with the decision makers. If I know what I want, and if I know how much I should be paying for it, I don't want to waste any of my time, and especially any of my nerves on any BS. You'll have to read between the lines of the email replies you get, and ignore the ones that look like they are taking you to the endless, old school "back and forth" struggle over pricing.

Hope this helps.
    Good luck!
    Congrats! Thanks for the write-up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pdxorpdxor Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

Can you please provide the residuals and money factor for a XLE and limited Venza in PA at 36/12K?

Thanks in advance
    pdxor said:

Hi,

Can you please provide the residuals and money factor for a XLE and limited Venza in PA at 36/12K?

Thanks in advance

54%/53% residual. .00001 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator