Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Audi S4 Lease Questions

12346»

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

@gkaz said:
    Hi all! I'm looking to lease a 2014 S4 Premium Plus. MSRP $57,740. I'm considering 42 month term and either 7,500 or 10,000 miles (I don't drive a lot) and looking for term/miles combo with lowest lease payment. Few questions:

(1) What are MF and Residuals I should expect?

.00052 MF and 51% for 42mo, 10K/yr

7.5K/yr adds 1% to the residual. But, going with 10K/yr nets you 8750 extra miles for only $577 over the life of the lease.. If any doubt at all, go with 10K/yr.

(2) What is reasonable negotiated discount (%) off MSRP?

6% off MSRP minus any incentives is usually good for a new Audi.

(3) What are fees (acquisition, disposal, etc.) that I need to factor in?

$695 acquisition fee. Any disposition fee wouldn't be due until lease end. Title/registration and tax, of course... plus, watch out for dealer doc fees. They can be onerous in unregulated locales.

Audi pays for your first lease payment with this model. They also have $1000 owner loyalty or a $1000 conquest program if you currently own/lease a 2001 or new BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti or Acura.

(4) Is there a better term/miles combo that would get lower monthly payment?
    Thanks!

42 months is probably the lowest payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gkazgkaz Member Posts: 18

@kyfdx said:

Thanks!

I have the deal to $0 down and $680/month. First month payment paid by Audi. 2014 S4 premium plus. 7,500/42 month. $74,740 msrp. Do you think this is a good deal? I don't have the details of MF & residual but I know it's below invoice and ~$2800 in taxes, tags, registration are included into the deal so no more incremental fees, costs, etc on top. (Also it's a swap from another dealer so they're paying to pick up car from a couple states away).

@gkaz said:
    I have the deal to $0 down and $680/month. First month payment paid by Audi. 2014 S4 premium plus. 7,500/42 month. $74,740 msrp. Do you think this is a good deal? I don't have the details of MF & residual but I know it's below invoice and ~$2800 in taxes, tags, registration are included into the deal so no more incremental fees, costs, etc on top. (Also it's a swap from another dealer so they're paying to pick up car from a couple states away).

Holy cow! An S4 is $75K? Did you miss any options? ;)

What state? Also, can you live with 7500 mi/yr.? It's only $750 for an extra 8750 miles... (10K/yr)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    What state? Also, can you live with 7500 mi/yr.? It's only $750 for an extra 8750 miles... (10K/yr)

Lol - I completely transposed the #'s - was supposed to say $57,740! State is Virginia. I can live on 7500 mi/yr because I travel all week and only use the car on weekends - and even then lightly.

Any thoughts on whether the above is a good deal?

• tjastjas Member Posts: 1

I have a quote for 2014 audi s4 premium plus 36/12 MRSP 55,380, negotiated price 52580, 2500 down payment, 1500 fees, 55% residual. Audi care + tire and rim added into monthly cost.
    monthly payment 686 + tax. good deal?

• bkurtz21bkurtz21 Member Posts: 1

I don't know if this is too open ended of a question, but I went to a dealer to look at a lease for 2015 S4 Premium Plus MSRP was $58,000 and they gave 5% off to $55,000

What are good terms for a 10k/36 month lease?

They tried to tell me I needed to put 5-7k down in order to get payments of 550/month which is what I was looking for. I felt like that was a lot of money, any insight into what a good lease terms would be on that model? I'd appreciate any insight, I very uneducated on the topic and would love the help!

@tjas said:
    I have a quote for 2014 audi s4 premium plus 36/12 MRSP 55,380, negotiated price 52580, 2500 down payment, 1500 fees, 55% residual. Audi care + tire and rim added into monthly cost.
    monthly payment 686 + tax. good deal?

$4K upfront and over $700/mo. sounds like a lot for a $55K car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@bkurtz21 said:
    I don't know if this is too open ended of a question, but I went to a dealer to look at a lease for 2015 S4 Premium Plus MSRP was $58,000 and they gave 5% off to $55,000

What are good terms for a 10k/36 month lease?

They tried to tell me I needed to put 5-7k down in order to get payments of 550/month which is what I was looking for. I felt like that was a lot of money, any insight into what a good lease terms would be on that model? I'd appreciate any insight, I very uneducated on the topic and would love the help!

.00116 MF and 59% residual. $680/mo.+tax.

Due at signing would be 1st payment, acq.fee, title/registration/doc fees. (about $2200?) So, $5000 more down to get it to $535/mo.+ tax..

So yeah... he's right. It's not a cheap car to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• e90me90m Member Posts: 30

Hello! Could you tell me the MF and Residual for a 2014 S4 PP 36/10? Also, are there any special odd month programs from Audi on these?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,029

@e90m said:
    Hello! Could you tell me the MF and Residual for a 2014 S4 PP 36/10? Also, are there any special odd month programs from Audi on these?

.00032 and 55%.

Use the car research tab at the top of the page to get the current incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• nyny10nyny10 Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2014

I have an S4 on hold currently (gave the deal a hold deposit) Here are my numbers: 3 yrs/12,000 per. Money Factor: .00032, $3000 due at signing (tax/$1408 down/695 bank fee, 1st month). Two months of my Jeep are included ($425 per). Monsoon Grey, Black nappa leather, Carbon Inlays, Side Assist, B&O, Sport Differential, 19" Supercharge Badges, Auto, no Nav. $695.00/month. My issue is the Summer tires that are on. Live on Long Island (potential cold/snowy winters). Don't want to lay out $1900+ for a set of 4 winter tires and rims. Two questions: Good lease rate? What to do about the tire issue? Let me know. Looking to make a decision by tomorrow.

@nyny10 said:
    I have an S4 on hold currently (gave the deal a hold deposit) Here are my numbers: 3 yrs/12,000 per. Money Factor: .00032, $3000 due at signing (tax/$1408 down/695 bank fee, 1st month). Two months of my Jeep are included ($425 per). Monsoon Grey, Black nappa leather, Carbon Inlays, Side Assist, B&O, Sport Differential, 19" Supercharge Badges, Auto, no Nav. $695.00/month. My issue is the Summer tires that are on. Live on Long Island (potential cold/snowy winters). Don't want to lay out $1900+ for a set of 4 winter tires and rims. Two questions: Good lease rate? What to do about the tire issue? Let me know. Looking to make a decision by tomorrow.

.00032 is the base MF for the 2014 S4.

Have you talked to the dealer about swapping out a set of wheels with all-season tires on your car? Will that affect the MSRP and selling price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• nyny10nyny10 Member Posts: 9
    Michaell said:

@nyny10 said:

Have you talked to the dealer about swapping out a set of wheels with all-season tires on your car? Will that affect the MSRP and selling price?

The dealer would not swap the tires. Sucks.
    nyny10 said:

Michaell said:

@nyny10 said:

The dealer would not swap the tires. Sucks.

Might be time to reach out to another dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

cgarr856 said:

Soooo I did well? :)

Other than not waiting 3 months until your existing lease is up and rolling that cost into your new lease, yes.

You could use MSD to buy down the MF and save a few bucks each month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• limsilaslimsilas Member Posts: 8
    Michaell said:

I'm not in the hablit of making decisions about other people's money...

Haha, okay fair enough. Let me rephrase: To me, based on what I've seen others post in this thread and other research I've done, this seems like a relatively great deal numbers-wise. Would you agree?
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    edited May 2015
    To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Audi S4 Lease Question forum.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.