Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What Would It Take for YOU to buy a diesel car?

Comments

• Options
    gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    stever said:

My road trip to TN is tentatively set for the last day of the year. That means that Putin will invade Germany on the 28th. :D

Putin and Merkel get along fine. Germany would freeze in the dark without Putin's gas and oil. That is the reason the German stand against Russia is so weak. The whole mess was started by the CIA. Putting in a US puppet that threatened Putin's Navy base in Crimea.
  • Options
    ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    edited December 2014
    In light of the of Germany's announced intentions to mothball its whole nuclear power plant fleet, it almost makes PERFECT sense. So it poses the ?/'s of what will replace them? Not that I keep up with both Germany's and Japan 's solutions to its slower growing power needs, but natural gas power plant replacements are really the next logical choices (given its' illogical choice to mothball its nuclear power plant fleet) , aka, RUSSIAN. ( natural gas and oil) This is a HUGE IF, for it should be a total uphill fight to approve each and EVERY one of a replacement natural gas power plants. The utter irony here is that puts (existing) COAL fired plants as the defacto "go to" plants, this is in addition to using far less efficient ( than nuclear) natural gas power plants !! ??

IF anyone knows the almost complete and utter inefficiency of the wind and solar power grid systems, and LACK of economic sensibility without tax credits and write-offs far GREATER than say other sources, it is GERMANY. They do have one of the highest %'s of power provided by domestic solar and wind. To not have known that and/or to have factored that in would have been almost the grossest breaches of national security, etc. and @ the HIGHEST levels down to the BROADEST levels !!!

Most folks probably don't also factor in that prices of all components of energy are WAY higher that what we are used to in the US markets. Diesels being upwards of 50% of the German PVF is another fuel EFFICIENCY that US markets should endeavor toward, if we believe the environmental hyperbole. We really don't, so 95% gasser to less than 5% diesel is totally in concert with that lack of belief. After all, diesels provides upwards of 30% plus better fuel mileage than gassers ! Why would we want that? ;)
  • Options
    Germany is expanding coal power, as fears of Russian gas supply routes.

It’s a familiar battle for many Germans: Since World War II, open-pit lignite mines have displaced roughly 35,000 people, according to RWE. The same drama playing out here is also unfolding in the country’s other main coal region, south of Berlin.

Germany’s struggle with lignite mining is taking place behind the scenes of its green energy revolution, known here as the Energiewende. If Germany—which bills itself as one of the planet’s most climate-friendly nations—can’t kick its coal habit, can anyone?

Despite its progress with renewable energy, Germany is still dependent on coal for nearly half its power—a larger proportion than even the United States is. And there’s little hope for that to drop anytime soon. In 2013, coal’s share of the country’s energy mix rose 1.5 percent over the previous year, nearly three times the growth in renewables.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/04/coal_mines_swallow_towns_in_germany_why_solar_and_wind_haven_t_kicked_the.html
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Saw diesel for $3.15 today.

• Options
    Several ARCO stations dropped to $2.77 for Diesel. The one Costco with diesel is still at $2.89. Hoping we got more Costco stores with diesel. ARCO is Cash or Debit card.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Slow news diesel day !!

30.3 mpg (12 VW T TDI) in bumper to bumper freeway traffic! (commute) YUCK !

It is WET ! However, the latest weather talking heads/pundits have this area of CA, DECEMBER as THE WETTEST since the 1950's. This was PRE GLOBAL Warming, aka, slam dunk GLOBAL ICE AGE , with economic and literal armageddon !! Widespread food shortages were another slam dunk. :'(
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I am not sure why I am surprised, but a local early morningTV news program announced that the San Francisco Municipal TA bought 61 NEW (60 ft long stretch) diesel- hybrid buses !! ?? (5 year GOAL: 500) http://www.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancisco/new-muni-hybrid-buses-to-hit-the-streets/Content?oid=2616068

http://sfbay.ca/2014/12/03/sfmta-approves-68-million-for-new-stretch-buses/

http://www.sfmta.com/about-sfmta/our-history-and-fleet/sfmta-fleet/muni-hybrid-buses

Given the place being choke full of environmental conservatives, protesters, etc. , they could have bought GASSERS and/or other EXOTICS..... :D;)
  • Options
    I don't think SF is taking any clues from Paris. I think they are probably good buses. Wonder if they will have trouble getting enough B20?

Most of the buses in downtown San Diego are CNG. They have a new CNG hybrid that is being tested. I can honestly say I have never ridden a bus in San Diego. Once in Honolulu, which was a real experience. Thanks but no thanks. Our Trolleys are not as bad. Great prices for seniors, $20 per month unlimited bus and trolley. All the buses out our way are pure diesel.

http://www.sdmts.com/marketing/cnghybrid.asp
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You could die of exposure waiting for a bus in San Francisco. That's why Uber does so well there.
  • Options

You could die of exposure waiting for a bus in San Francisco. That's why Uber does so well there.

"On TIME BUS Scheduling" has been a (inside) JOKE, for at least 58 years that I know of !!!

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Surprisingly San Fran has more bus riders than Seattle. Seattle just seems bigger I guess, not as dense or something. I remember walking "across" San Francisco in my teens - when the buses went on strike, lol.

The other surprise is that LA has more bus riders than Chicago - Chicago has another 700,000+ riders on the train though. (Wikipedia)
  • Options

Do the buses go up those real steep streets? My one trip into SF back in the 1960s, I hated those streets especially driving my 1956 Ford PU with stick shift. I have only been in the Airport since then. And that is scary enough. I don't envy those stuck in the Bay area. Napa Valley I could handle if they have a Costco. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    gagrice said:

Do the buses go up those real steep streets? My one trip into SF back in the 1960s, I hated those streets especially driving my 1956 Ford PU with stick shift. I have only been in the Airport since then. And that is scary enough. I don't envy those stuck in the Bay area. Napa Valley I could handle if they have a Costco. :)
    Some lines, YES , steep and NARROW ! It is against the law to park up on the sidewalks, but on some to most of the NARROW (bus line) streets, that regulation is SELECTIVELY enforced, even as there is SUPER revenue for the violation. So on some narrow streets, you can have parked cars on either side of the street up on sidewalks (one set of wheels UP on sidewalks, the other set on the street) . To boot, the majority of intersections are considered BLIND.

I learned stick shift on SF's hilly streets, parallel parking was included! l We learned to judge at times and at speed, within 2 to 3 inches on all 4 points. I sure as heck will not do that today.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    stever said:
    LOL ! I don't think it will be a surprise to anybody, but THESE GOVERNMENT vehicles are NOT manufactured to comply with any US (government) emissions regulations and specifications. I have read in passing the platform is designed to last @ least 25 years.
  • Options
    You don't even get a title with one, but you could trailer it the jumping off spot, and drive to your shack in the woods and then use it as a diesel generator to run your satellite internet dish while you get away from it all. :)
  • Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,796
    They'd certainly be fun rigs! Starting price is pretty insane. I think I would rather get a 6x6.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    xwesx said:

They'd certainly be fun rigs! Starting price is pretty insane. I think I would rather get a 6x6.

YUP, Almost custom made for an 80# ruck and M16 for 4.

As a civilian, I spent 4 hours once in the bush with app $250,000 in communications gear in the back. This truck is capable of almost beating its passengers to death.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I dunno, even when I had a CJ-5, it seemed a bit wide, at least in treed country. A little old Suzuki would be pretty nimble and it wouldn't be hard to winch out of a mudhole (or to push it back upright every time you rolled it over). Actually, I'd enjoy a Bug most of all.
  • Options
    stever said:

Actually, I'd enjoy a Bug most of all.

That's funny!

My grandfather said he took a couple buddies out hunting for caribou in the early 80s with his '76 F250 (mine, now, LOL) ; they spent about two hours fighting through all sorts of nasty mud and weather to get to "their spot." Then, when they finally reach the trail head, there's this little VW bug (not rigged up in Baja form, mind you) parked there!

A couple guys come out of the brush, each with a small buck over their shoulders, flop them over the roof, strap them down, wish my grandfather's group good luck and trade some stories, then off down the hill they go!

2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    xwesx said:

stever said:

Actually, I'd enjoy a Bug most of all.

That's funny!

My grandfather said he took a couple buddies out hunting for caribou in the early 80s with his '76 F250 (mine, now, LOL) ; they spent about two hours fighting through all sorts of nasty mud and weather to get to "their spot." Then, when they finally reach the trail head, there's this little VW bug (not rigged up in Baja form, mind you) parked there!

A couple guys come out of the brush, each with a small buck over their shoulders, flop them over the roof, strap them down, wish my grandfather's group good luck and trade some stories, then off down the hill they go!

The VW Bug may be the best designed vehicle EVER for multiple terrain. Two guys in my area have VW Things totally restored. I would love to have one for banging around the hills and desert.

Those Hummers are way over priced. I will be surprised if they sell many at $10k. Maybe for parts they could get that much out of them.
  • Options
    Anyone interested in bidding here is the live bids on Gov equipment.

http://www.govplanet.com/jsp/equip/auctions.jsp?groupId=11611
  • Options
    Those 6x6 with Cummins turbo diesel automatice going from $2500 to $6000 are the real buys. They make great snowplow rigs.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I hear that original Hummer H1s are bringing big bucks now. I guess they weren't all burned by vandals after all.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    According to this article, my estimate of 24.1 mpg AVG was optimistic (data source NHTSA= reg drivers/reg cars/ yearly miles= AVG miles) . They figured 22.5 mpg. In any case, ball park and duplicate able.

Why cheap gasoline is the best thing for America
    By Steven Lang
    December 16, 2014 10:46 AM
    Motoramic

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/why-cheap-gasoline-is-the-best-thing-for-america-154651570.html

Interesting confirmation on EV, in light of what I had posted, about Germany defacto go to power source.

..."You know what is the number one cause of air pollution today? Coal. The fuel source that helps power electric vehicles in 46 out of the 50 states is responsible for more air pollution — in smog and carbon dioxide — than any other source. "...

• Options
    edited December 2014
    So in reality, Germany's going to EV (plug in electric) is CODE for 60 % + COAL and 17.7 % NUCLEAR, aka, =77.7%, aka, MAJORITY !! ???

The US power grid is 40 %+ COAL. ADD 19.4 % nuclear, and again that is code for EV (plug in electric). , aka, 58.4% aka, MAJORITY !! ??

Again it will be TUFF uphill sledding to approve new natural gas fired power plants. It will figuratively to literally be over the dead bodies (or so they might hyperbolize- you got to admire how SONY stood up to the North Korean censors :D ) of the environmental conservatives (aka, like the NRA mantra). Plus, if they get rid of the frackers, where are then the GREATER natural gas supplies going to be coming from?

Let's see, no new pipelines, HATE rail road natural gas transportation.....HATE fracking... We do have a NATIONAL energy policy !!! AKA, DEAD ENDED !! ??

And the visionary's want to get rid of (to limit growth of) DIESEL ???? ;)

Yahoo.com article lists the hit to taxpayers,

..."A tax credit for the production of wind, solar and other renewable energy. Cost: $6.4 billion."...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/temporary-tax-breaks-ones-affect-012336200--politics.html
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    At this point I'd rather invest in natural gas or renewables - Did US coal become a 'dead man walking' in 2014? (businessspectator.com.au). Forbes concurs.

The tax credits may go away and cheap oil will hammer the companies but renewables will keep growing. Nukes can't avoid throat-throttling accidents or figure out waste storage.

When was the last time you saw an article like this? Tiny particles in solar fumes 'double the risk of autism in unborn babies' (dailymail.co.uk)
  • Options
    I do think the Utilities favor EVs as they take up the slack on their generators over night. SDG&E offers a lower rate for EVs at night. My concern is the utilities will spend less and less maintaining their backup power. So when it is cloudy and no wind it could cause outages.

We have not had a decent Energy policy forever. It is just slapped together with a power grid that has so many weaknesses.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    stever said:

At this point I'd rather invest in natural gas or renewables - Did US coal become a 'dead man walking' in 2014? (businessspectator.com.au). Forbes concurs.

The tax credits may go away and cheap oil will hammer the companies but renewables will keep growing. Nukes can't avoid throat-throttling accidents or figure out waste storage.

When was the last time you saw an article like this? Tiny particles in solar fumes 'double the risk of autism in unborn babies' (dailymail.co.uk)

I think that was right next to the area 51 radiation causing organic tree nut allergies in CA liberals kids that want to go to an IVY LEAGUE University, article. :D

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Storage is the issue. Tis that way with hydro too (Raccoon Mtn). Of course with nukes, it's storage on the spent fuel that kills you. You have to keep your coal piles wet so they won't ignite outside the generating plant and then you have big piles of fly ash to store. Natural gas seems easy by comparison. Too bad fracking it causes earthquakes and results in methane flowing from your water taps. :D

Diesel storage isn't what it used to be either. (bellperformance.com)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    stever said:

Storage is the issue. Tis that way with hydro too (Raccoon Mtn). Of course with nukes, it's storage on the spent fuel that kills you. You have to keep your coal piles wet so they won't ignite outside the generating plant and then you have big piles of fly ash to store. Natural gas seems easy by comparison. Too bad fracking it causes earthquakes and results in methane flowing from your water taps. :D

Diesel storage isn't what it used to be either. (bellperformance.com)

Regulatory inflicted GSW !!! Now you know why I try to refill when the low fuel lamp lights !!

So what do you think happens on the RUG/PUG side !! ?? 10% ethanol LOVES H20 molecules, aka BAD for your RUG/PUG engine and fuel systems. Indeed ethanol is BAD for your RUG/PUG engine and fuel systems. :@
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Car engines have been designed for ethanol for at least a decade now. I'd be more worried with older or "small" engines. If that's a concern though, get an EV. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    stever said:

Car engines have been designed for ethanol for at least a decade now. I'd be more worried with older or "small" engines. If that's a concern though, get an EV. :D

OEMS were DRAGGED kicking and screaming to 10% ethanol !!! ANY % ethanol posts app 25%+ DECREASE in fuel mileage!!!

@ the same time, the same regulatory agencies that DEMAND GREATER fuel efficiency, demand (de facto ) and GET ,.... LESS fuel efficiency !!!! ???????? :o:D So far, LESS fuel efficiency is winning.

Gotta LOVE EV !! This is especially true IF one likes COAL and NUCLEAR power !!! AW AW AW !!! ;)

Can't even make this stuff up !!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    LOL. :D

You set that up full circle. :p
  • Options
    stever says: Or, as then New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg put it last year, “Even though the coal industry doesn’t totally know it yet or is ready to admit it, its day is done … Here in the US, I’m happy to say, the king is dead. Coal is a dead man walking.”

Billionaires all want clean air to breathe and could care less what it costs to heat and cool their multiple mansions. What about the 93 million Americans on fixed incomes? We are already subsidizing millions of them to pay their rising utility bills. No possible way to produce cheap alternative energy to match coal or nukes. Look at alternative energy leader Germany to see the direction we are headed. They have very high electric rates. Not to mention the factories not able to operate without cheap energy.

With China promising to peak out on coal by 2030, how about the next 15 years? They are buying coal from Australia and probably US. So we dump cheap coal electricity, still tear up Paradise and sell it to China, and then watch the pollution waft across the Pacific & pollute our pristine air and empty factories. What a smart bunch we are. :@

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEy6EuZp9IY
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    To my knowledge, the COAL deals the Clinton administration made with China have NOT been rescinded.

China could not have come ANYWHERE near the growth (& as QUICKLY) they and we have seen, IF not for (AMERICAN) COAL (& its current technologies) !!!!

Further downstream, the exports do HELP the balance of payments( on the + pos side).
  • Options
    It sounds like China is using that coal to kill us on renewables in the not too distant future. (Nature.com)

Diesel is down to $3.06 here, and perhaps related, my gallon of milk was on sale today for $3.98.
  • Options
    I was in the vicinity of the Costco with diesel yesterday and topped off the tank at $2.89 per gallon. Still had a bit over half a tank and only 306 miles driven. Cheapest CC price in San Diego county.

Interesting that China has so much renewable energy and has passed US so quickly on total power generation. Of course they have stuff to make with that power. We only need electricity to blend our Pina Coladas while we play our violin.

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    edited December 2014
    This is interesting, but I'd also like to know what percentage of the total these numbers represent and/or a bar chart with coal, nuclear and oil/gas in the mix along with the "green" sources.

Loved the violin reference.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options

This is interesting, but I'd also like to know what percentage of the total these numbers represent and/or a bar chart with coal, nuclear and oil/gas in the mix along with the "green" sources.

Loved the violin reference.

The article Steve posted does not break down all sources of energy. It does say:

China generates more than 5 trillion kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, about 1 trillion kWh more than the United States. China's rapid economic expansion since it joined the World Trade Organization (WTO) in 2001 has been based on fossil fuels: it consumes around 23% of the world's coal production for electricity.
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    Per capita numbers would be worth something, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Indeed, for as much negative press coal, nuclear, etc. gets, it is not mentioned in comparative terms against say renewables.

So for example, just given the China vs US vs Germany graphs, it would appear the US environmental conservatives and legislative benefits are AGAINST greater PERCENTAGEs and AMOUNTS of renewable energy sources, given its relative inefficiencies and Ineffectiveness in the US. Or is a visual demonstration of how socialist or communistic the concept IS.

So for another example, what would the renewable outputs have to be to replace:

..."China's rapid economic expansion since it joined the World Trade Organization (WTO) in 2001 has been based on fossil fuels: it consumes around 23% of the world's coal production for electricity."...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Slow news diesel day (SOS/DD, local resort area prices) $3.09 ULSD

RUG $2.35
    MG $2.45
    PUG $2.55

Didn't need or want to fill, so the 12 VW T TDI is running around (computer screen) @ 30.4 mpg for app 650 miles.

(IF this mpg keeps up, 803 miles per tank (26.4 gal) is the theoretical range).

The snow is not sticking ! :o It is like a crisp autumn day in WINTER. 36 degrees F to 52 degrees F ! ?

It was a curious feeling having a CA Trans snow plow blade filling the entire rear view mirror @ a stop light in FULL sunlight. B) One could almost feel the vibrations. With the snow removal equipment out and about, @ least there is the THREAT of snow showers.

Merry Christmas to one and ALL !!
  • Options
    Currently free at Amazon; no idea how long it'll last:

The Art of Diesel: Building an Efficient Family Hauler
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    It is ALWAYS of interest to crawl under the hoods of DIESEL conversions @ local GTG's. I saw two @ the last one I went to. Both had CA license plates (aka pickiest emissions requirements.)

I think the Humpty Dumpty of the FAIRY TALE of RUG/PUG (aka foreign oil) dependency has been broken for the foreseeable future and EXPOSED for the myth (lie for those less pc) that it has been. OR, all the kings horses and all the kings men, ...well, you all probably know the words.

EVEN with 95% RUG/PUG's PVF, a 1% oversupply can literally CRASH the prices of oil ergo, downward effect on RUG/PUG/ULSD prices !!!!

To state the complete obvious, IF there was a 1% OVER supply of D2, that would be a WHOLE lot less gals of D2 and probably for much GREATER D2 price drops !!!! LOL, can't have that !!!!

We won't do even a niche conversion to natural gas for the PVF, and for obvious reasons !!

Also, it should be evident to even the CASUAL auto observer that EV has been and will be inexplicable TIED to COAL, nuclear, hydro (40%+, 19.4 %, 6.4%= MAJORITY, for the K thru 12 math challenged app 66% + plus ) !!!! The environmental conservatives have an inexplicable time explaining WHY. All those things environment conservatives say they love to HATE or was that hate to LOVE?? Kind of the environmental conservatives "wizard of oz" exposure or "OUTING."?????? !!!!!

"Gasser" hybrids are ALWAYS tied to RUG/PUG. Again hard to get rid of, when you depend on it app 100% !! ???? Most times when the gasser portion is running, the hybrid equipment portion is DEAD weight, adding to fuel consumption.

Diesel, bio diesel (to use an illegal DRUG term) is really a "gateway drug" product to get OFF the grid, but pretty much has been, remains and will be closed off, and for ...obvious reasons !! They (both) actually ARE capable of ZERO ppm sulfur !!!! Can't have too much of that ! ;):D There is almost ZERO political, legislative, regulatory and law enforcement will for a up to 100% bio diesel specifications PVF engines.

So, just 4 fuel sources 1. RUG/PUG, 2. D2, 3. Natual gas, 4. EV ALL in greater %'s PVF for my .02 cents are extremely capable of EASILY cutting the so called "foreign oil strangle hold" , IF there was ever a real one. Not to beat a DEAD DEAD horse, but a 1% OVERSUPPLY to ANY (to all) of those 4 sources will cause not only that particular fuels' prices to fall, but ALL of them !!!!! ??????

And the BO Potus Administration STILL wants $10. US RUG ?????? Now you know why it was SO easily for Russia and Venezuela to cite just two, so easy to treat him like a figurative "Whack A Mole", beating a proverbial path to the "woodshed".
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Perhaps my above post should be corrected, this Christmas Eve. RUG/PUG's PVF %'s should come down from 95% + PLUS . Does anyone NOT see an almost 100% use of RUG/PUG and anti domestic oil business policies sets/continues to set the stage/s for "foreign oil dependence" ?

Today the price of oil is down to app $ 55. from OVER $100.+ per barrel. So IF ULSD (PVF which for my .02 cents @ least 25%) was $3.99 per gal, a 50/55% drop should easily put the prices @ $1.79 to 1.99 per gal !!!

To me, thank the FREE market frackers (on PRIVATE lands- jut think what doing it on FED/STATE/LOCAL lands would do !!!!!! ) for the domestic oil pricing realities !!!! Now how are the GOV.GOV.GOV.GOV's going to use/misuse it, given the "ideal logs" in the BO/SU (Steve Urkle) POTUS Administration ???? !!! We already know the 6 year history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neville_Chamberlain

Take a hint SONY !!!!

Environmental Conservatives should really get out of the closet and admit they are COALERS (40%+), NUKE NIKS (19.4%) & hydro freaks (8%) ??? !! (yes, realities sux) With natural gas providing a MINORITY 26 %, they are even loathed to put the old ones let alone NEW natural gas burning plants on line.

As even Warren Buffet has stated (hardly a right wing type), solar and wind ONLY make sense with MASSIVE tax benefits, credits, write offs, private rulings, special systemic dispensations, corporate welfare to the max and way higher KWH prices !!!! Needless to say 20/20 hind sight will reveal wind and solar's GLARING disadvantages.
  • Options
    Slow news diesel day ! MASSIVE winter tourist traffic !

$2.89 ULSD, SOS/DD drive, caught a .20 cent discount @ a Chevron)

The low fuel lamp went on & posted 29.98 mpg. ( 24.75 gal for 742 miles) Temperature is 27 F and 19 F should be the low.
  • Options
    Wow; those are almost real winter temperatures, there! That's still pretty respectable FE; is that in the Touareg?
  • Options
    xwesx said:

Wow; those are almost real winter temperatures, there! That's still pretty respectable FE; is that in the Touareg?

Yes, it is the Touareg TDI.

• Options
    Saw diesel for under $3 - $2.93 now in town, at least at one spot.
This discussion has been closed.