Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Chevy Equinox Starting Issue

yosh53yosh53 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet

Starting issue, intermittently. Put key in ignition, turn, and nothing happens. There seems to be plenty of juice in the battery. Turned key on 7 times using two different keys, and nothing happened. Eight time, and engine started.

Answers

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

What happens if you turn the ignition to "ON", count to five, and then try to start your 'Nox?

Does this generally happen first thing in the morning?

• yosh53yosh53 Member Posts: 3
    The last two times the problem occurred after the car was driven, then shut off. Came out of store, would not start right up. Have not tried NOX.
    edited March 2014

On some cars, the fuel system will lose pressure overnight and they won't like to crank the first time, unless you turn the ignition on for a few seconds to "prime" the system. Doesn't sound like that's the issue with your 'Nox though (but I'm no mechanic).

Try reading through the Chevy Equinox No Start Problems discussion; maybe some posts in there will trigger an idea or two.

• tony1947tony1947 Member Posts: 1

had my 2013 equinox back to the dealer 4 times for not starting. going back tues for the fifth time can't find the problem

• yosh53yosh53 Member Posts: 3
    Turned out to be the starter. Good thing it was under warranty.

@yosh53, thanks for reporting back. Sometimes stuff just "breaks".

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

@tony1947 said:
    had my 2013 equinox back to the dealer 4 times for not starting. going back tues for the fifth time can't find the problem

Hi tony1947,

I am truly sorry to hear that you've had to return to the dealership multiple times for concerns related to your vehicle not startin. I can understand how frustrating that can be. I'd be happy to discuss this further and reach out your dealership on your behalf to ensure we are utilizing all resources to resolve this concern. If you'd like my assistance, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com Attn:Andraya with your contact information, VIN and details of your situation. I look forward to hearing from you!

Andraya
    GM Customer Care

@yosh53 said:
    Turned out to be the starter. Good thing it was under warranty.

I'm glad to learn your concerns have been resovled. Let us know in the future if our assistance is needed!

Andraya
    GM Customer Care

• ander1ander1 Member Posts: 1
    2011 Equinox worst car ever purchased. At dealership every 4-5 months with stability track, power steering, drive train and now it won't start at all. Turn key in ignition and nothing although system check comes on and shows "check stability track and power steering" error message comes on. Piece of junk!
    ander1 said:

2011 Equinox worst car ever purchased. At dealership every 4-5 months with stability track, power steering, drive train and now it won't start at all. Turn key in ignition and nothing although system check comes on and shows "check stability track and power steering" error message comes on. Piece of junk!

We hate to hear you feel this way based on your experience, ander1! We understand the importance of having a reliable vehicle and apologize if you feel your 2011 Equinox does not meet this standard. If there is anything we can do to help, please private message us with your VIN, mileage, contact information and dealership name. We're also available via email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • case9case9 Member Posts: 7
    I have had major starting issues. General Motors is aware of them and have issued a PIP 5029E.They have a huge problem and are unable to fix it .Buyer beware.
    gmcustsvc said:

ander1 said:

We hate to hear you feel this way based on your experience, ander1! We understand the importance of having a reliable vehicle and apologize if you feel your 2011 Equinox does not meet this standard. If there is anything we can do to help, please private message us with your VIN, mileage, contact information and dealership name. We're also available via email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    AMBER I did exactly what you recommended and they offered me $1000. towards a NEW gm. All I want is for them to FIX THE PROBLEM
    gmcustsvc said:

@tony1947 said:

Hi tony1947,

I am truly sorry to hear that you've had to return to the dealership multiple times for concerns related to your vehicle not startin. I can understand how frustrating that can be. I'd be happy to discuss this further and reach out your dealership on your behalf to ensure we are utilizing all resources to resolve this concern. If you'd like my assistance, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com Attn:Andraya with your contact information, VIN and details of your situation. I look forward to hearing from you!

Andraya
    GM Customer Care

ANDRAYA did that . No satisfaction at all. They can't fix the problem
    When is General Motors going to do what is right and accept the fact that they have a carbon /starting issue and fix the problem. I am having no success. My ambassador has not heard of the issue so therefore it is not real. She is even choosing not to answer my calls as" she is really busy".
    Amber and Andraya from customer care, please respond to case9 issue
    case9,

We hate to hear this wasn't resolved to your satisfaction. Please private message us the last 8 digits of your VIN so we can work on contacting your agent.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    A $1000. toward a new GM vehicle is insulting to both parties. Last 8 digits D6158867
    Insisted that there may be a computer issue with me 2013 Equinox. They had to make 4 upgrades out of 7 that they checked. When will the issues end or when will GM accept that there is a problem