Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier - BMW 5 Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1747576777880»

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,702
    Nice deal!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• axiomloveraxiomlover Member Posts: 216
    Just got myself a Thanksgiving present. A 2013 535i xDrive GT. Fantastic vehicle so far and so much room in the back! Anyway, ended up with $9,238 off MSRP at $56,388. Wouldn't budge any more, i even walked out twice. Dealer threw in winter mats and i just made it for the holiday bonus of $500. I am happy with the deal and the car.
  • hs56116hs56116 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please tell me where you bought it? which state/city? also is that new or used? I am considering 2013 535i GT but not xdrive so hoping i can get it down further, no need for AWD in Florida for me

Thanks

HCS
  • axiomloveraxiomlover Member Posts: 216
    I bought mine at Elmhurst BMW (suburb of Chicago). It was new with 20 miles on the ODO. It was sitting on their showroom floor, but the build date is 10/12, so they were motivated to sell it, although that's the only GT they had. Actually, there is only one other new 2013 GT left in the area. It's white, xdrive, and similarly priced. Dealer also motivated to sell. It's at Laurel BMW of Westmont, IL. Let us know if you get one.
  • asun750asun750 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase a 2014 550I (Build). I am in the Dallas area. My question is should I take advantage of the Holiday and loyalty credit in Dec of $2500? or wait till after the new year? Will BMWFS offer these credits after January. I currently in a BMW lease which expires in March 2014 and want to purchase (I will be building my 550 which I have been told takes 6-8 weeks for delivery) so both cars do not overlap too much so I am making double payments on 2 cars.

I am looking at a 550I with M Sport, Lighting Pkg, Driver Asst, Executive Pkg, Luxury seating Pkg, Heated Seats and rear shades. MSRP is $78,350. Invoice is $72,030, less Holiday Credits of $2500, invoice comes to $69,530. What is a good target purchase price from $69,530? $1000 over invoice? 2 or 3% over invoice?

Please advise. Thank you
  • triguy3triguy3 Member Posts: 2
    MF for '14 528ix 36 mo. /15k was 59% in November, was quoted 61% today. Please confirm this is correct RV in effect for Dec.

Thx
  • edwardvivaldiedwardvivaldi Member Posts: 2
    A Michigan dealer just offered me a 2014 535i xDrive with the following:
    - $MSRP of $70,125
    - Actual Price of $66,000
    - $1,100 down for first month pmt, taxes, fees
    - $786 Per Month
    - 10K Miles Per Year
    - I qualify for loyalty cash

Decent deal for a 2014? Any help or thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • r4bmwr4bmw Member Posts: 2

What is the MF and Residual Value for BMW 528i in bay area california?

• konacougkonacoug Member Posts: 196

contact Jon at Santa Barbara BMW, he is the founder of the Bimmerfest forum and he can hook you up with a great deal.....I know the base mf for 2014 528i us .00125

Bay area dealers don't give out great deals...

• r4bmwr4bmw Member Posts: 2

Thanks Konacough - I got a $493 per month for a 12K lease for 36m on a $55825 MSRP with $0 down and 7 MSD. I think it is quite competitive for the bay area.

• zigster38zigster38 Member Posts: 117
    Yes no need to constantly pimp bimmerfest, it's not all that. Just another forum. Pricing is much more competitive in the Bay Area.

that is not true about the Bay Area....I have been following many posts on the various BMW forums and the deals offered in So Cal, tend to be more competitive. This is all relative to being an educated consumer and willing to negotiate for the best deal.

• bmwnewfanbmwnewfan Member Posts: 2

I was looking for a used 2012-13 BMW 528i in So Cal in the price range of $40-43k. I found one 2012 around $41k but it was sold the next day. Then the dealer showed me a used 2014 528i with a few thousand miles. This came with the Driver Assist Package. I ended up bought this car for $43.7k plus tax. Although it's not brand new, I considered this a good deal. Any thoughts?

• gdmstrbgdmstrb Member Posts: 5

How are we looking this month in terms of MF and Residuals for 36 months (10 or 12k)? Thanks in advance.

Which model?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@bmwnewfan said:
    I was looking for a used 2012-13 BMW 528i in So Cal in the price range of $40-43k. I found one 2012 around $41k but it was sold the next day. Then the dealer showed me a used 2014 528i with a few thousand miles. This came with the Driver Assist Package. I ended up bought this car for $43.7k plus tax. Although it's not brand new, I considered this a good deal. Any thoughts?

Hard to say without more info....what was the original MSRP and the invoice price? This is a used car and I should think you of been able to buy it for at least 3k below invoice.

• bmwnewfanbmwnewfan Member Posts: 2

The MSRP was $52,725 and the invoice was about $48,560. I paid $43,680. This is almost $5k below the invoice price.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

sounds like a very nice deal....happy driving!

• xhlar8cfxhlar8cf Member Posts: 22

Is this a good deal on a 2014 535xdrive luxury line mineral white

MSRP: $66230
    CP: 10% = $59k
    36 month lease
    12k miles
    MF: .00170 (last month .00125)
    Residual: 60%
    Pay TTF ($3500) out of pocket
    $740 / month

What are your thoughts on the tire wear and tear? This is not factored
    What are your thoughts on the wear and tear extra fee for the car?

Thanks everyone

Base MF is .00130, so they are marking that up the maximum amount. Wear and tear insurance is usually very expensive for what you get. The car is covered by a warranty.. Your auto insurance will cover accidents. I think you could get any dings or stains fixed easily, if needed, for the amount they charge for the insurance. They always sell those things as "just drop the car off and don't worry about a thing", but you still have to file a claim with an insurance company to use it... I'd take a big pass on that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• xhlar8cfxhlar8cf Member Posts: 22

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to figure out whether or not January or February are good deals. I"ve been told to wait till March. Specifically with the weather and how awful it's been around the country.

So can you negotiate the MF? My credit is excellent so I don't think it will be a problem. Also what are normal fees that can either be negotiated or reduced. Do you recommend putting the taxes etc. in the lease?

Thanks again!

@xhlar8cf said:
    Is this a good deal on a 2014 535xdrive luxury line mineral white

MSRP: $66230
    CP: 10% = $59k
    36 month lease
    12k miles
    MF: .00170 (last month .00125)
    Residual: 60%
    Pay TTF ($3500) out of pocket
    $740 / month

What are your thoughts on the tire wear and tear? This is not factored
    What are your thoughts on the wear and tear extra fee for the car?

Thanks everyone

I answered about your deal in the other forum....board sponsor is correct, wear and tear is a bad deal. Remember, if they are pushing that on you, it is a big profit center. It is never a good idea to purchase any of the crap they try to sell to you in finance.

@xhlar8cf said:
    Thanks for the info. I'm trying to figure out whether or not January or February are good deals. I"ve been told to wait till March. Specifically with the weather and how awful it's been around the country.

So can you negotiate the MF? My credit is excellent so I don't think it will be a problem. Also what are normal fees that can either be negotiated or reduced. Do you recommend putting the taxes etc. in the lease?

Thanks again!

You can only negotiate a marked-up money factor. The base rate is as low as you can go. That really doesn't have anything to do with your credit. That is the dealer marking up the financing for extra profit.

If taxes are due upfront in your state, I always recommend rolling them into the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited January 2014

Please visit the 2014 BMW 5 Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion for current model year deal talk. Thanks!

• amarmistryNJamarmistryNJ Member Posts: 23

I am getting a 2013 BMW 528i X Drive with 37000 miles on it for 32K. In service date for this car was 12/26/2012, to its about 1 yr 9 months old car.
    It is all serviced and inspected yesterday at a local BMW Dealer in NJ. It is a not a CPO. Will need new tires and alognment. Other than that its all fine.
    I am going to reach to original dealer who sold this car to get information of all options/features this car had at time of the sale.

I want to know if this is a good price I am getting at.

@amarmistryNJ said:
    I am getting a 2013 BMW 528i X Drive with 37000 miles on it for 32K. In service date for this car was 12/26/2012, to its about 1 yr 9 months old car.
    It is all serviced and inspected yesterday at a local BMW Dealer in NJ. It is a not a CPO. Will need new tires and alognment. Other than that its all fine.
    I am going to reach to original dealer who sold this car to get information of all options/features this car had at time of the sale.

I want to know if this is a good price I am getting at.

Try posting here, and someone may have an answer for you:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/1212/general/x/real-world-trade-in-values

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• amarmistryNJamarmistryNJ Member Posts: 23

Thank you kyfdx, I posed the question in the link you provided.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

A reporter would like to speak to a recent car shopper who has used their mobile device to look for car inventory, compare pricing, look at trim packages, etc. while on a dealer's lot. If this is you, and you'd like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET on Thursday, 9/11/14.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• andydcandydc Member Posts: 7
    What do you guys think of this offer:

535i , m package, driver assist, winter package, 28K miles, 2 year lease returned for $44k (original MSRP is $64K)
  • andydcandydc Member Posts: 7
    it's a 2013 model, silver exterior and black interior
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,978
    andydc said:

What do you guys think of this offer:

535i , m package, driver assist, winter package, 28K miles, 2 year lease returned for $44k (original MSRP is $64K)

andydc said:

it's a 2013 model, silver exterior and black interior

We don't have any lease information for used cars; rarely are they a better deal than a lease on a new car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4