Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited May 2015 in Honda
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Honda Pilot purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 Pilot, please share your experience here.

If you've purchased (or are thinking of purchasing) a 2015 Honda Pilot, please join us in the 2015 Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Honda Pilot Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Honda Pilot page.

To see all forums discussions about the [insert make/model], including earlier model years, please visit our list of Honda Pilot discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• lena8lena8 Member Posts: 9
    I got a quote from dealership today . Any suggestion.?

2014 Pilot 4WD EXLN

$35999.00 Sale Price
    $ 599.00 Admin Fee
    $ 1079.97 Tax
    $ 89.00 Tag

$37766.97 Sub-Total
  • rick2456rick2456 Member Posts: 320
    That seems kind of high. I paid less than that on a 4WD 2013 Touring model. You might want to see if they will come down off that price.
  • lamacgandalflamacgandalf Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I'm car shopping for a family member who wants a base pilot without frills/thrills.
    The best quote so far in LA is 26300 from Spreen for 2014 whichever color they have on the lot.
    Is this any good? Thanx.
  • april25april25 Member Posts: 1
    I've got a quote 38000OTD 2014 pilot ex l.I live in UTAH...
  • tb8902tb8902 Member Posts: 1

Purchased 2014 EX-L 4WD 34600 OTD in VA. MSRP 38288 with the add-ons
    includes black side steps, moonroof visor & door guards.

Had quotes of 35150 with extras and powertrain warranty and 35200 OTD without extras in VA as well before that.

Decided best price and closest location was best deal.

Had Quotes of 39761 and 39984 OTD on 4WD TOURING Model before deciding I was fine with EX-L. Did not push the deal on these quotes.

Had good responses from Landmark, Hendrick, Pohanka & Colonial

Pohanka won out in the end.

This forum along with Edmunds / Truecar which helped set my target were really great. Carwoo was too slow for me. I found Edmunds got the dealers responding and giving solid quotes. I had quotes from 7+ dealers. Also found going a bit outside the region helped get the better price points out on table so I could negotiate. I went back and forth with last two.

A bit stressful but worth it. Did it all in one day from home via email & phone.

I had already visited and test drove so was firm on that.

Thanks to all

• attolevattolev Member Posts: 1

Just purchased a 2014 Touring 4WD with dealer added nitrogen, wheel locks, pin stripe, and protection package (splash guards, door and handle guards, rubber floor mats) for $36,000 OTD. I went in looking to get the $7500 estimated discount through my bank's vehicle purchase program on a 2013 Pilot and walked away with a 2014.
    A few points: 1) The Pilot will be redesigned for 2015. Dealerships want to move them quickly, just not for a loss. 2) There are significant upgrades between the EX-L and the Touring that exceed the MSRP difference in cost. 3) The 4WD is really an AWD (read reviews) not an offroad 4WD system. 4) 4WD's are more difficult to find than 2WD (FWD) models. 5) There is currently flex cash and a military rebate that can be combined when you finance through Honda. 6) If considering the Highlander, remember its built on a Camry chasis, the Ford Flex and Explorer are over-priced, and the Pilot has more 3rd Row seat room for adults than any other mid-size SUV on the market.
    From what I learned at the dealership, paying $37,200 plus TTL for a Touring 4WD is probably the best deal one should expect unless you stumble across a dealership in a bind to move a certain # of vehicles by a certain date.

Don't give in to impulse. ALWAYS be willing to walk to another dealership. Always talk out the door price, NEVER negotiate a monthly payment.

• owenzowenz Member Posts: 1

Just bought 2014 Honda Pilot LX 4WD from NJ dealer this weekend, standard(no any option added), new car with 10 miles on it, I do NOT have trade in. OTD(out of door) which include EVERTHING(Yes, everything), is 28350$. Very happy. The dealer offered the price and delivered their promise.

• iroiiroi Member Posts: 6

Just bought 2014 Pilot EXL 2WD today with trade-in 2014 CRV LX (4800 mile). Below are the details:

trade in CRV: 20000
    Pilot EXL 2WD: 31000 + TTL
    State: AZ

• grandprix23232grandprix23232 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2014

@owenz can you please let me know the price breakdown with taxes and fees....
    for 2014 Honda Pilot LX 4WD from NJ dealer

what was the OTD(out of door) please...

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Congrats! What's your sales tax there? Were the doc and DMV fees broken out?

Has anyone bought a 2014 Honda Pilot recently..please share the price

edited May 2014

Better to wait for new redesign of HOND Pilot 2015 coming up in OCTOBER/NOV 2014.The current old boxed model of pilot is over priced with Road noise, I think better bet if you need now is check out for toyota highlander or newly re designed Nissan Pathfinder with latest technologies as luxury models have...The best price in case you want to get right now is True Car price as Out of the door price which is the right price for 2014 Honda Pilot in current market!!!

• sdhakkosdhakko Member Posts: 1

2014 EX-L w/RES + Added on Running Boards
    $36,348 OTD
    Eugene, OR

@sdhakko, congrats! No sales tax there right, so just license and doc fees?

• elise14elise14 Member Posts: 2
    Got a quote from a dealership for a 2014 Pilot Touring for around $39,000. Is this a good price? Do I have to wait for a couple of month? Thanks.

$39k would be right around TMV for my zip code, assuming you are talking about the 4x4 one.

• elise14elise14 Member Posts: 2
    null
    No, we quoted on regular FWD. So the price wasn't too good? Thanks

"What Others are Paying: Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV with no optional equipment" - For my zip code TMV for the FWD one is $37,842. That includes the destination of $830 but nothing else.

So $37,800 or so should be your target price to try to beat.

• danielw2danielw2 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    Pilot ex 2wd otd 29500 in norcal, is it a good deal?
    edited June 2014

True Market Value for a FWD Pilot EX for a Sacramento zip code is $29,157. That's the "average" price to beat. That price includes destination but nothing else.

So you are right at TMV and the taxes and fees are (I assume) rolled into your price to get your OTD number.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

If you plan to finance it, there are some incentives you may qualify for. Low rates through Honda Financial.

• kantapiakantapia Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone bought Pilot EX-L 4WD recently? What would be the best price and the lowest price that I can get? Please share!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916
    edited December 2014
    kantapia said:

Has anyone bought Pilot EX-L 4WD recently? What would be the best price and the lowest price that I can get? Please share!

You can start by using the pricing tools at the top of the page - the "make / model / year" pull downs will get you started.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• biboybiboy Member Posts: 13
    Anybody who would like to share their experience lately for touring 4wd?
  • piloteer12piloteer12 Member Posts: 8
    ^36,500 offered after dealer incentive of 2750. Touring with RES and NAV, 4D.
    A reporter would like to speak to a new car buyer who is happy with their longer-term loan because of the lower monthly payments. If you were able to get into a new car because a 72- or 84- month loan made the payments easier to swallow, and you would like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, February 27, 2015 at noon PT/3 p.m. ET.