Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

AWD Lock and a couple of other issues

levi0415levi0415 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2015 in Nissan
I am not really satisfied with our 2013 Rogue
1. The AWD lock button only stays on for 3 minutes. I assumed when you push a button that says LOCK it stays in the LOCK position until you turn it off. Why is this? What is the use of AWD if you can't keep all the wheels working?
2. The seats are VERY uncomfortable. We had to go out and buy auto pillows and put them behind the seat covers because after a half an hour, our backs where killing us.
3. When we go through water or if it is raining and during the night the temps reach below freezing, the wheels freeze up. What's with that????

This was an impulse buy after owning a Subaru. Boy I wish we had our Subaru back!!!!

Any comments?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited March 2015
    The AWD lock mode is only for low speed driving. If you are driving at higher speeds, it will automatically turn off. Is this possibly what's happening?
  • levi0415levi0415 Member Posts: 2
    We live on a gravel road and can only go 15 to 20 mph tops and I clocked it yesterday while driving into town and after 3 minutes, it shut off and we were not at the pavement yet. How does the AWD system work with this off?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    levi0415 said:

We live on a gravel road and can only go 15 to 20 mph tops and I clocked it yesterday while driving into town and after 3 minutes, it shut off and we were not at the pavement yet. How does the AWD system work with this off?

When it senses the front wheels slipping, it automatically engages the rear wheels for extra traction... Frankly, that is the way most compact SUVs work (CR-V, RAV4, etc). Most don't even have the option to lock into AWD, like the Rogue..

For your use, the Subaru would probably be a lot better.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator