Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Explorer Air Conditioner and Heater Problems

15678911»

Comments

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,737
    Are you referring to the blower motor in the dash as being inoperative? The engine coolant fan operation is not related to the heater/AC blower operation. If so, has anyone checked for power to the dash blower motor?
  • fordgmcmanfordgmcman Member Posts: 7
    My vents stopped working too. A/C would blow out the defrost only. Turns out the fuel dampner was leaking and fuel got into the EGR and some vacuum lines. The fuel melted/collapsed the vacuum lines. Had the dampner and lines replaced and it's good as new. I thought it was a vacuum problem because as soon as I would slow down the vents worked, but I as sped up it switched back to only blowing out the defrost. 
  • khorst23khorst23 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 02 ford explorer just had my blower door actuator go out. I replaced it and after doing so my car blows no air on none of the settings. So i went on to to check all fuses and they where good then i replaced the switch and still nothing after that i replaced the resistor and still no air...any ideas
  • tcstricklandtcstrickland Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Ford explorer. When I turn the AC on it blows cold air for about 10 mins. Then blows hot air. Please help. 
  • Sherry_71Sherry_71 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 ford explorer xlt 6cyl the heat doesn't get hot only warm. I changed the thermostat and had the heater core flushed. Anyone know what else could be the problem?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Could be the heater valve itself, or a partially working actuator or blend door--which might cut off some of the hot air flow.

Many HVAC systems can be tested remotely with a professional scan tool.

One other possibility is that when the cooling system was refilled, someone left air pockets in the system by not refilling it properly.