Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Toyota Tacoma Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
edited May 2015 in Toyota
Ask your Tacoma lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• dad23dad23 Member Posts: 870
    Could you please give me the current MF & residual for a 2007 Tacoma 4WD SR5 Doublecab, 36/12 in CO?

Thanks in advance :)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello dad23. Toyota's lease program for the Tacoma varies depending upon which one of its twelve regions one is in. I have not seen its specific lease for the Taco in its Denver region. I don't believe that Toyota is currently providing lease support on this truck in your area, but I am not 100% positive. If it is not and you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services, you would have to use its standard lease money factor. TFS' current buy rate standard lease money factor varies by region as well, but it should currently be around .00285 or so for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This truck's residual values are national so I can give you an idea of what they are like right now. TFS' current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for the 2007 Tacoma SR5 Double Cab 4WD is 67%. Keep in mind though that TFS only publishes residual values for base vehicles. It places restrictions upon which options can be residualized, making vehicles' actual residuals lower than its published percentages initially seem.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • coachcroomercoachcroomer Member Posts: 1
    I was hoping for some advice on whether keeping my '03 4-runner and paying 44 more months at $407 per month or getting a 36 month lease for $259 per month for a new Tacoma? I really need to lower my payment because of gas and other debt. Any help?
  • jrammjramm Member Posts: 14
    Looking for the current money factor & residual for a 2007 Tacoma PreRunner/Doublecab (36/12) in TX.

Would these numbers differ between SR5 and Sport Packages?

Additionally, I see the note above about TFS only publishing certain residuals. Is there any "rule of thumb" for how to handle this in calculations?

Also, when calculating vehicle price how do you figure for Toyota's "Extra Mile" packages?

Thanks.
  • sswen7sswen7 Member Posts: 4
    Could you please tell me what the money factor and residual would be for 36 mo. lease, 12k per year for a new 2007 or 2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab with the off road package? I would also be interested in the interest rate for a 60 month loan.
    Could you please tell me what the money factor and residual would be for 36 mo. lease, 12k per year for a new 2007 or 2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab with the off road package? I would also be interested in the interest rate for a 60 month loan. Thanks for your help.
    Hi sswen7. Toyota's incentives on the 2007 Tacoma vary by region. I need to know what state you are in to give you an accurate idea of what this truck's current special lease and financing offers are like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Car Man,

I am in Colorado. Thanks for your help!
  • mzaidermanmzaiderman Member Posts: 1
    Car man,
    Im looking for a double cab long bed maybe 4wd sr5 and wondering what the residual/money factor and price would be for a 36/12 or 15... I'm located in Los Angeles..
    Thanks! :shades:
  • robtrnjrobtrnj Member Posts: 17
    HI,

My 3rd car (1995 Dodge Intrepid with 146K miles) is about had it. The brake line went, and rather than replace it (I have a good friend who does repairs or I can try and do it and take forever, but I figure why bother now?).

I got this crazy idea to lease a basic Tacoma (the cheapest one) to add to my other two leases (2008 Accord EX & 2007 Civic SI). A pickup can come in handy for me, and I figure to buy a used heap for $8K which may last 4 years or so (plus maybe repairs), leasing seems to be best (at least for me). In other words, you pay one way or the other so I think my best value would be leasing and having something new more often for a "little more" and "a lot less headache". Just my thought.

With the above said, my estimate for a basic Tacoma, with $1000 down (which includes the 1st month payment, tax, all fees), the monthly payments would be about $169 (35 more that is).

Please let me know if my estimate is accurate. This is what I have in mind. Seems cheap enough for a 3rd car, eliminating the hassle of fixing the old heap down the road (like my Intrepid).

The nice thing is that my wife is all for this (she is not fussy). In fact, the is the one who got me started in leasing (and I do like it). She just needs automatic (my SI is 6-speed), a good spare car for her to drive (and haul stuff from Home Depot, etc.).

I hope I get a good response on this one. Thanks.

Rob
    You're very welcome, sswen7. Unfortunately, I do not believe that Toyota is providing lease support on the Tacoma in many areas right now. As a result, if you were to lease any Tacoma, 2007 or 2007 model, through Toyota Financial Services you would have to use its standard lease program. TFS' buy rate standard lease money factor may vary slightly by region, but it should probably be around .00285 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Toyota Financial Services' current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for a 2008 Tacoma Double Cab 4WD is 68%. The number for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 model is 63%. The problem with these percentages is that TFS only publishes residual values for base vehicles. It places restrictions upon what options can be residualized making it very difficult to figure out what the actual dollar residual value for individual models is. In fact, the calculation of vehicles' residuals is so tricky that Toyota actually provides dealers with a list of the dollar residual values for units that they have in stock rather than having them calculate them using the residual value percentages like most other banks do.

You also wanted to know what special financing rates for conventional loans Toyota has on the Tacoma in your area right now. In its Denver region, it is currently offering 5.9% financing for 5 year loans for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. It has a much more attractive 0% special rate for 4 year loans on the 2007 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mzaiderman. You never mentioned whether you are interested in the 2007 or the 2008 Tacoma. I suspect that the '07 models are mostly sold out at this point, so I will go with the '08. Unfortunately, Toyota is not currently providing any lease support on the '08 Tacoma in its Los Angeles region. As a result, if you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. TFS' buy rate standard lease money factor may vary slightly by region, but it is probably currently around .00285 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. TFS' current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the 2008 Tacoma Access Cab 4WD is 59%. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher. The problem with this residual value is that it is for a base vehicle without any options. TFS places restrictions upon which options can be residualized, making it difficult to calculate the actual dollar residuals for individual models.

Car_man
    Host
  • robtrnjrobtrnj Member Posts: 17
    Today I went to a dealer and got quotes for a 2008 Tacoma. One was for a regular cab for $359 per month, and one for a access cab for $389 per month. Both quotes was with $1895 down. With sticker prices in the range of $17K and $21K respectively (forgot the exact amounts).

To me this was very high. They didn't want to give me the residuals or money factor, but I finally got the residual for the access cab for around $11,500. Given this the quote of $389 per month doesn't make any sense. My wife and I left cordially with the sales person. In fact he suggested looking at other brands (GM, Ford, etc.). These sales people are driven by the manager who makes the final decision.

Comments? I am learning a lot every time I do this. No rush for me since this would be an extra vehicle.
  • polyvwpolyvw Member Posts: 55
    Toyota's showing some really competitive leases on the Tacoma's right now. Does anyone know the lease and residual values for a 2008 Tacoma V6 Prerunner DualCab?

I remember hearing that the rates are vehicle-specific, but a ball park would be nice.

3yr 36k lease option

Thanks
  • epiechepiech Member Posts: 8
    If anyone knows the residual and MF for an 08 Tacoma 4WD 4CYL Manual for 36/48 months 12K miles I would very much appreciate the info. I've never leased a car without the help of the folks on this board and especially the help of Car_man; Thank you.
  • epiechepiech Member Posts: 8
    I should also add that the requested MF and residuals are for Utah which I believe is part of the Toyota Denver Region. If the April numbers are not available then I would also be interested in the May numbers if they become known.
    Hi polyvw. Toyota's lease program for the 2008 Tacoma varies by region. Toyota Financial Services' buy rate lease money factors for this truck vary from .00099 to .00196 for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier. TFS' current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for a 2008 Tacoma DualCab Prerunner V6 4WD is 68%. Unfortunately, this number is not very useful because unlike most banks TFS places restrictions upon which options can be residualized and caps on the ones that it allows. This makes calculating the actual dollar residual value for individual vehicles difficult for anyone but dealers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey epiech. Toyota's lease program for the 2008 Tacoma varies by region. Toyota Financial Services' buy rate lease money factors for this truck vary from .00099 to .00196 for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier. TFS' current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for a 2008 Tacoma Regular Cab 4-cylinder 4WD is 61%. Unfortunately, this number is not very useful because unlike most banks TFS places restrictions upon which options can be residualized and caps on the ones that it allows. This makes calculating the actual dollar residual value for individual vehicles difficult for anyone but dealers.

Car_man
    Host
  • research1stresearch1st Member Posts: 23
    Can someone post a realistic lease for a loaded up Tacoma 4x4?
  • digger71azdigger71az Member Posts: 10
    Hey Carman,

Can you tell me the money factor and residuals for 2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cabs? The have a lease "deal" that just started and I am interested in calculating costs on a better equipped model.

Thanks!
  • daveymandaveyman Member Posts: 2
    I was considering placing an order for a 2009 Tacoma access cab in order to get the color and options I want (the recent incentive was largely eaten up by a radio I didn't want and there were few color options). I'm told Toyota will not build any more 09 Tacomas until May of this year for delivery in June. It looks to me from this forum that the 09s came out in July of 08. Do you know when the 10s are likely to come out? Any inside information on any changes that might occur to the vehicle?. I'm leary of ordering an 09 for delivery in June if the next model year will be out in July. My dealer says the 10s will be on in late fall, but he's a care salesman if you know what I mean.
    Thanks.
    Hey digger71az. Toyota's current lease program for the 2009 Tacoma varies by region. Let me know what state you are in and I will be happy to provide you with the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • digger71azdigger71az Member Posts: 10
    Thanks Car_man! I am in AZ 85254
    Hi daveyman. I personally don't know exactly when the 2010 Taco is scheduled to arrive at dealers, but you may be able to find someone who does know over in the kurt123, "Toyota Tacoma 2005+" #, 23 Feb 2004 12:42 pm discussion.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, digger71az. I believe that Arizona is in Toyota's Los Angles region. Toyota Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Tacoma Double Cab 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00074 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Keep in mind though that TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized on vehicles. This makes it very difficult to calculate the actual dollar residuals of specific models. So much so that Toyota provides dealers with a list of the actually dollar residuals for the vehicles that they have in stock rather than relying upon them to calculate the numbers on their own.

Car_man
    Host
  • dbgncsu05dbgncsu05 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Do you know the current money factor & residual for a longbed 4x4 double cab? I realize that actual residuals are not easy to calculate but I have a list of options & a VIN if that helps. Location is Charlotte, NC.
  • paulb67paulb67 Member Posts: 4
    Car_man,

Hope you can help....Was quoted by my local dealer (in NortherCalif) for a 2009 4x4 Tacoma longbed 4 DR with TRD sport and JBL, with flor mats, etc for a lease of $438 (Factor of .00093 and Residual of 17800), with $884 out the door. The selling price of the vehicle is $29867.

Is this a good deal and is the lease amount right?

Seems high, seeing how I am getting rid of my leased 4x4 Tundra 4dr that cost me $350 (although factor was a lot lower then!).
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Your last statement sums it up. The higher MF is affecting the price. Contact me at my e-mail address. It's my usnername, ocautoseeker, then add @yahoo.com
  • lyric2007lyric2007 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Was wondernig if this was a good deal:

2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4 X 2 PreRunner TRD Shortbed
    Tow Package, XM, rear camera, bluetooth, the works
    MSRP: $28,562 ($1500 customer rebate already included)
    Down: $1,500
    Monthly payments: $500.00
    Lease Term: 59 months
    Residual: 11,972
    MF: Not sure, I think it was about .000254, TFS are having a special right now.

I had a 2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Double Cab SLT 4X4 that I traded in. The dealer purchased it for $7,000 (which was KBB) and I still owed $10,000. They worked the amount I owed into the lease, I believe.

Can you tell me how the trade ins factor into a lease AND was this a good or average deal?
    Hi dbgncsu05. Unfortunately, I believe that North Carolina resides in Toyota's Southeast region. Toyota does not sell vehicles directly to dealers in that area. Instead a distributor called SE Toyota does. SE Toyota requires dealers to use its own captive finance company, SE Toyota Finance, rather than Toyota Financial Services. I have not seen SE Toyota's lease program in a while. Sorry that I could not be of more help.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi paulb67. I'll try :) . The money factor that you were quoted for this truck looks good. It is right in line with Toyota Financial Services' buy rate for it.

The other important number to focus on when leasing is your vehicle's selling price. It's excellent that you already know what that number is. It is difficult for me to say how attractive it is, however, without something to compare it to. Let me know the MSRP or dealer invoice price of the exact truck that you are interested in, that information is available right here in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com, and I will be happy to ttell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lyric2007. $500 per month for 60 months. I'm sorry to say this, but that's a lot of money for a Tacoma :sick: . Have you finalized this deal yet? If not, it would probably be in your best interest not to.

Car_man
    Host
  • lyric2007lyric2007 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Unfortunately, we already finalized the deal. My calculations included the negative equity we had on the Dodge that the dealer took on. How do dealers typically take on a trade-in that money is still owed on?
  • lucianollucianol Member Posts: 3
    Just wondering if could tell me if there are any new lease rates for a 2009 Toyota Tacoma double cab 4x2. Please let me know
  • bear_truckbear_truck Member Posts: 1
    Hi-
    I'm new to leasing and for a 2010 Tacoma I was given a $330/mo, $2500 down from the dealer I went to after credit being run. I am in MA and was wondering if this is a good deal? However at the end they said we should have GAP insurance with a lease and that would add on approx. $20/month to the payment. Is it necessary to get GAP insurance or should I check with my insurance company first? Haven't finalized anything yet...have until Monday to do so.
    Thank you.
  • ck90211ck90211 Member Posts: 159
    I too am in market for a PU, and saw Toyota has a regional (I tried VA, MD and CA zips) special, which you can see on Edmunds.com as well, for a Tacoma double cab, 4x2 SR5 for only $209 a month ($2699 down). It's not the best deal but great for lease for now. It's a short bed (I like long), but I will take it.

Carman, just wondering what is the money factor and residual on this Tacoma Double Cab program from Toyota. Thanks.
  • ck90211ck90211 Member Posts: 159
    Looks like Toyota's Sept Tacoma lease special is only for 09 Pre-runner Double Cab, and having real hard time finding one (most sold during clunker sales). Sales person thinks there might be a 2010 Tacoma lease special next month or soon.
    I'm evaluating my options for a new 2010 Tacoma, DBL Cab, SR5 and was hoping to see if i could get a close approximation of a lease payment using the the residual and money factor for my area (Houston.)

Also, having read the other comments about how TFS handles residuals will it do me any good to try to run these numbers on my own? I always like to have an idea of what I'm looking at before I sit down with the dealer, but it sounds like that may be difficult.

Any advice would be appreciated.
  • fuelcellguyfuelcellguy Member Posts: 31
    I was just got a price for a Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 MSRP $29,724 including all taxes (NY 8.25%) and fees of $379/month with $750 down at 15k miles/yr, or $375/month with only 1st month payment down and 12k/yr. The selling price is $27559. Summary below. Is this a good deal???

MSRP - $29724
    Selling Price - $27559
    15K/yr price - $379 w/ $750 down incl taxes (NY 8.25%) and fees
    12K/yr - $375 $0 down incl taxes (NY 8.25%) and fees
    I was just got a price for a Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 MSRP $29,724 including all taxes (NY 8.25%) and fees of $379/month with $750 down at 15k miles/yr, or $375/month with only 1st month payment down and 12k/yr. The selling price is $27559. Summary below. Is this a good deal???

MSRP - $29724
    Selling Price - $27559
    15K/yr price - $379 w/ $750 down incl taxes (NY 8.25%) and fees
    12K/yr - $375 $0 down incl taxes (NY 8.25%) and fees
    well I got it for $375 month with 1st month payment down,15K miles/year
    I'm hoping to get a Tacoma Double Cab before the end of the year. Can you give me an idea of the residual and money factor for my area in Houston, TX.

I am still considering both 4x2 and 4x4 options, so the numbers for each (if different) would be helpful in my decision process.

I'm only planning to add the sport and trailer packages, but I'm sure will have to find a near match.

I appreciate the help.

-Jason
  • grimace2grimace2 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone let me know the current residual and money factor on a 2010 Tacoma DoubleCab short bed, 4WD, automatic trans. Looking at 12000 miles year for 3 years.

The truck I looked at has the following options:
    FE - Emissions
    OC - TRD Off-road package
    TO - Towing
    CF - Floor mats
    WL - Wheel locks

Initial offer as follows: Sticker is 31350, offered at 29342. Residual of 18457.50 and a MF of 0.00163. Doc fee 249. Sales tax 2053.94. Tire fee 7.50. Registration fee 399.

2000k down, 405.22/month.
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 870
    Also looking for MF and residual in Denver - 2010 Double Cab V6 4WD for 36 months, 12k miles. Thanks!
  • mc73mc73 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know what the 36 month 12 and 15K residual is for a 2011 Tacoma Double Cab 4WD drive in Oklahoma? The number I'm being quoted from the dealer is about 58% but seems low. I realize Toyota doesn't do a straight percent calculation of MSRP but varies the rate based on options. I would just like to get close as 58% seems low.

Thanks.
  • ae86pwrae86pwr Member Posts: 9
    Hello CarMan,

Would you have the current figures for 4WD Double Cab 12k/36m?
    I think Toyota are resetting rates after Monday.

Thanks
  • topmasttopmast Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Hello CarMan,
    I have been negotiating a lease payment on a 2011 Tacoma 4x4 / 4door / TRD /JBL/ short bed, 15k per yr, 36mnth lease, and price I am quoted is $400/mnth w/1000 down. I have not made the deal yet, but is this a good buy? I would like to finance but monthly payment is too high. If I decide to buy the truck at end of 3year lease I could purchase it at 14,800. Is this lease deal good from S. Florida. Thanks.
  • kingofthecratekingofthecrate Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car_man

I am going through a lease agent and the offer presented to me for a 2013 Toyota tacoma Double Cab Long Box with TRD sport package 4X2.. details below

Residual Value: $19,105.00
    Money Factor: .00180

2013 New Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Sport 4x2 Long Bed

Exterior: White
    Interior: Grey Cloth

Options:
    TRD Sport
    V6 Tow Package
    Carpeted Floor Mats
    (see attached invoice for vehicle specs)

MSRP: $30,015.00
    Invoice: $28,329.52
    Cap Cost/ Selling Price: 28,330.00
    36 Months/ 12K per Year (lowest mileage allocation available through Toyota)
    $2,000.00 Total Cash Down (includes 1st payment & registration)
    Monthly Payment: $366.53 Including Tax

It sounds good to me but I am wondering if it really is a great deal/
  • kingofthecratekingofthecrate Member Posts: 2
    After a few back and fourths with my leasing broker, we got the PF down to .00170 but the residual factor on this truck is SOOOO low. I could probably sell the truck for 25k in 3 years and make money since it will only have 25k when I am done with it (I only put 7k a year)
  • seanmwelshseanmwelsh Member Posts: 37
    No recent posts on here but I'll give it a shot.

2015 Tacoma 4X4 auto trans short bed double cab V6. MSRP $33,820.

Can anyone provide money factor and residual for April?

Thanks in advance!