Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Acadia Denali Purchase New July 2013 with Transmission Shifing Fluctuation Problem

cablemancableman Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in GMC

I have a Acadia Denali which drove fine for over a year or so and recently I felt a shudder sensation when the transmission shifts gears near 5th to overdrive. This automatic transmission problem only surface around three weeks ago and never happen before. But now, I am being told by my local dealership that this is a normal operating characteristic for this vehicle under certain operating conditions, per GM Document ID 3293098: #PI0919: Tachometer Fluctuation, Shudder Sensation. They also mention this is only affecting the 2012 models. I appreciate the dealership informing of this document, but now my question is when or can I expect something to be done to fix this problem. I have been an advocate of GM products for over 38 years with the purchase of my 1968 Chevy Belair and through their tough times and the good times. I just feel there is a lack of communication about the solution to the problem I am experiencing and this sway my opinion about GM customer service. I do not think this is the normal way this vehicle should drive and if it is, why didn't it drive like this in the beginning went I test drove it. I would have left it on the lot. I waited and admire this vehicle for quite sometime and now feel disappointed with its recently performance at 38600 miles. I would like to know if someone is working to find a solution to the PI0919 problem and will there be a follow-up communication coming soon. I spoke with a District GM Rep and who give me case #71-1281112164 but again no follow-up after a week. At this time, I feel like I should look at getting rid of this vehicle for another competitor's product.

Signed
Your Best Fan feeling really low
VIN#1GKKRTED0CJ371352

Comments

• momof2az1momof2az1 Member Posts: 1

I am having the same problem with my 2012 GMC Acadia Denali. I just hit the 30k mark and this probably started approx 3 weeks ago. It feels as if the car is shifting/revving but my speed/road conditions remain constant. I am noticing that even though the vehicle is the highest model type, that it is very poorly made. I have had issues with the A/C and they had to replace the tubes, etc. There are also minor things that are now going wrong as I near the end of my warranty-The rear view mirror drops, on the driver side the plastic piece that runs along the lower part of the frame the paint is peeling/chipping off. I take immaculate care of my vehicles, so to see these items presenting issues now is very frustrating. Please keep me posted if you find resolution. I am taking my vehicle in this week to get repaired. I will curious to see how they respond to tachometer fluctuation. I was thinking of trading my vehicle in as well, since the last thing I want is a lemon.

• chevyfanschevyfans Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    its not just 2012 ... my 2013 did it to me this morning ... Just saying ... looks like I will be going back to a chevy. My 10 year old Tahoe only been in shop 1 time. Thank God I didn't sell it!