Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 GMC Terrain Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    verinox said:

Could I please have the numbers for:

2015 GMC Terrain SLT-1 4x4 w/ V6
    36 months, 12k miles
    Cleveland, OH Tier 1 credit

.00040 MF and 59% residual. $800 lease cash.

For all Terrain trims.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    smartin104smartin104 Member Posts: 42
    kyfdx said:

verinox said:

36 months, 12k miles

For all Terrain trims.
    you say all Terrain model trims.. so for northern NJ, this 0.00040 MF and 59% for the 2015 terrain slt-1 4x4 v6 still holds true? and what about 36/15?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316

kyfdx said:

verinox said:

36 months, 12k miles

For all Terrain trims.
    you say all Terrain model trims.. so for northern NJ, this 0.00040 MF and 59% for the 2015 terrain slt-1 4x4 v6 still holds true? and what about 36/15?
    Subtract 2% from the residual for 15K miles per year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    fliteskatesfliteskates Member Posts: 3
    I am trying to negotiate a lease for a 2015 SLE-1 Terrain and this is the first lease I have ever done.

I live in Pittsburgh and the MSRP on Edmunds says it is $27,485. The avg paid is $25,569.

I am looking for a 3 year lease, 15k a year, no money down.

Should I start negotiating with various dealers on the price of the car first as if I'm buying? Then after I have it down, tell them I want to lease? Or should I see which dealer offers me the lowest monthly payments?

What is the best strategy to use for a total noobie? I've been reading about leasing as much as I can, but it is confusing.

Thanks!

• Options
    I am trying to negotiate a lease for a 2015 SLE-1 Terrain and this is the first lease I have ever done. I live in Pittsburgh and the MSRP on Edmunds says it is $27,485. The avg paid is $25,569. I am looking for a 3 year lease, 15k a year, no money down. Should I start negotiating with various dealers on the price of the car first as if I'm buying? Then after I have it down, tell them I want to lease? Or should I see which dealer offers me the lowest monthly payments? What is the best strategy to use for a total noobie? I've been reading about leasing as much as I can, but it is confusing. Thanks!
    Yes negotiate your best selling price as if you were buying. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    fliteskatesfliteskates Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2015
    Michaell said:

Michaell,

I got my first quote from a dealer and he quoted a price of $27,485. For 39m and 15k per year it would be $300 mo. This is of course on the SLE-1 FWD.

Starting with this base, how should I go about negotiating with this dealer?

I assume I contact other dealers and get their numbers, obviously. However, how would I compare their numbers to know what is the best deal? Based off the monthly price?

Thanks

• Options
    Michaell, I got my first quote from a dealer and he quoted a price of $27,485. For 39m and 15k per year it would be $300 mo. This is of course on the SLE-1 FWD. Starting with this base, how should I go about negotiating with this dealer? I assume I contact other dealers and get their numbers, obviously. However, how would I compare their numbers to know what is the best deal? Based off the monthly price? Thanks     

You don't want to negotiate based on the payment. Ideally you would know the money factor and residual amount used to calculate the lease payment. Unfortunately we don't have those numbers this month for GMC. 

Yes the more dealers you involve the better it is for you. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    vindog04vindog04 Member Posts: 2
    What dealership in SoCal ???? And no money down at all sign and drive??
  • Options
    vindog04vindog04 Member Posts: 2
    What dealership ?? In SoCal 
    iam not finding that deal no where would like to know where and who you talked to. Thanks looking for this car for my wife and kid

paperboyccc
    said:
    Picked up an SLT-1 Terrain today in SoCal

MSRP $35,420 with v6, Chrome package, Navi
    $3,000 Dealer discount
    $1,500 Conquest
    $750 Bonus lease cash
    $1,300 lease cash
    $3,000 gm card bonus

24/10 lease thru GM Financial (dealer claimed Ally is no longer an option)

$595 acquisition fee
    0.000876 money factor (not sure why it didn't agree with what was provided here)
    70% residual

Sign and drive. $158/mo plus tax

Thank you for the help and to the community! It was a very difficult process as the dealers try to bait and switch, mark up the money factors, differ on residuals, include secret add ons, etc. Luckily we have about 50 GM and Chevy dealers around here so I drove to an honest one that was really looking to move a car.  

• Options
    paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    vindog04 said:
    What dealership ?? In SoCal 
    iam not finding that deal no where would like to know where and who you talked to. Thanks looking for this car for my wife and kid

paperboyccc
    said:
    Picked up an SLT-1 Terrain today in SoCal

MSRP $35,420 with v6, Chrome package, Navi
    $3,000 Dealer discount
    $1,500 Conquest
    $750 Bonus lease cash
    $1,300 lease cash
    $3,000 gm card bonus

24/10 lease thru GM Financial (dealer claimed Ally is no longer an option)

$595 acquisition fee
    0.000876 money factor (not sure why it didn't agree with what was provided here)
    70% residual

Sign and drive. $158/mo plus tax

Thank you for the help and to the community! It was a very difficult process as the dealers try to bait and switch, mark up the money factors, differ on residuals, include secret add ons, etc. Luckily we have about 50 GM and Chevy dealers around here so I drove to an honest one that was really looking to move a car.  

As mentioned in my PM where I shared the dealer and sales person you can't replicate the deal without $3,000 in gm card cash. Since it is two months later the various incentives are likely changed as well. 
  • Options
    dimariadimaria Member Posts: 44
    Hi!. Can you provide me with the MF and RV for a GMC Terrain SLT1 for 36/12 for New York City. Thanks.
  • Options
    mpp2mpp2 Member Posts: 97
    Hi. Looking at a GMC SLT-1 AWD. Could you provide MF, RV and lease cash for NY State, Hudson Valley Area. 24 months, 15k per year for July, 2015? Thank you.
  • Options
    mpp2 said:

Hi. Looking at a GMC SLT-1 AWD. Could you provide MF, RV and lease cash for NY State, Hudson Valley Area. 24 months, 15k per year for July, 2015? Thank you.

Sorry, but we didn't get any GMC info for July.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

mpp2 said:

Thank you anyway. Did you have any info from June?
  • Options
    mpp2 said:

kyfdx said:

mpp2 said:

Thank you anyway. Did you have any info from June?
    For June - .00055 and 67%. $1550 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Got our SLT-1 AWD V6 Terrain lease last night. For reference, our 24 month 15k miles per year lease had a residual of 66%, MF of 0.0003 and an additional $350 Lease cap cost reduction cash (which I believe expires Monday) on top of the $1550 lease cash available. Probably to make up for the 1% reduction in residual. There's also $750 in rebates available if you are a credit union member like we are.
  • Options
    mpp2 said:

Got our SLT-1 AWD V6 Terrain lease last night. For reference, our 24 month 15k miles per year lease had a residual of 66%, MF of 0.0003 and an additional $350 Lease cap cost reduction cash (which I believe expires Monday) on top of the $1550 lease cash available. Probably to make up for the 1% reduction in residual. There's also $750 in rebates available if you are a credit union member like we are.

Congrats! Care to share your final payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Sure. Here are the details...
    MSRP $36,115
    Negotiated price $35,050 (In line with Edmunds TMV. Priced two cars at two different dealers, both were right in line with TMV. These trucks had to be dealer swapped in, so they weren't budging on price. Not many SLT-1 V6's left on the lots in this area and GMC dealers are kind of spread out here)
    Residual 66% ($23,835.90)
    Acquisition fee $595
    Rebates $2650
    MF 0.0003
    Only put down sales tax, DMV and Doc fees and first month's payment. $398.68 per month. NY limits dealer document fees to a maximum of $75. We had no current car payment and never leased before, so we didn't qualify for Loyalty or Conquest Bonus Cash. But $3,700 off sticker works ok for me.

The first dealer I got a price from had an SLE-2 V6 that we test drove. They tried to base the residual for an SLT-1 V6 on the negotiated price rather than MSRP, resulting in a total lease cost that would have been about $700 more than the one we got. We went to the second dealer (where we originally test drove a 4 cylinder) and leased from them. Overall, I think it was a fair deal for both sides. The dealer made some money on us and we got our payment under $400 a month with little money down. And we get to do this again in 2 years.
  • Options
    mpp2 said:

Sure. Here are the details...
    MSRP $36,115
    Negotiated price $35,050 (In line with Edmunds TMV. Priced two cars at two different dealers, both were right in line with TMV. These trucks had to be dealer swapped in, so they weren't budging on price. Not many SLT-1 V6's left on the lots in this area and GMC dealers are kind of spread out here)
    Residual 66% ($23,835.90)
    Acquisition fee $595
    Rebates $2650
    MF 0.0003
    Only put down sales tax, DMV and Doc fees and first month's payment. $398.68 per month. NY limits dealer document fees to a maximum of $75. We had no current car payment and never leased before, so we didn't qualify for Loyalty or Conquest Bonus Cash. But $3,700 off sticker works ok for me.

The first dealer I got a price from had an SLE-2 V6 that we test drove. They tried to base the residual for an SLT-1 V6 on the negotiated price rather than MSRP, resulting in a total lease cost that would have been about $700 more than the one we got. We went to the second dealer (where we originally test drove a 4 cylinder) and leased from them. Overall, I think it was a fair deal for both sides. The dealer made some money on us and we got our payment under $400 a month with little money down. And we get to do this again in 2 years.

Thanks for checking in and providing us with the details of your lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ryanbdkryanbdk Member Posts: 35
    Do you have August GMC info? Looking for 2015 Terrain, Denali, AWD, V6. 12K miles and 36 and 42 months. Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    ryanbdk said:

Do you have August GMC info? Looking for 2015 Terrain, Denali, AWD, V6. 12K miles and 36 and 42 months. Thanks a lot.

36/12 - .00040 and 58%. $1550 lease cash

42/12 - .00065 and 55%. $1550 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    chuckny1chuckny1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi, looking at a 2015 AWD Terrain SLE-2 with navigation built-in. What is the best deal for a 24 month lease. The MSRP was $31,780. Thanks.
  • Options
    chuckny1 said:

Hi, looking at a 2015 AWD Terrain SLE-2 with navigation built-in. What is the best deal for a 24 month lease. The MSRP was $31,780. Thanks.

What is the net cap cost? How many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    gomer23gomer23 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, first post here as well. I came across this thread while researching leasing a 2015 GMC Terrain AWD SLE-1. I am curious what the MF and RV value would be on one in Nebraska right now. I am looking at a 36/10 or 36/12 lease. Thanks!
  • Options
    Michaell said:

chuckny1 said:

Sorry, cap cost is roughly $27,099 and looking for 10k miles and 12k miles per year. Thanks.
  • Options
    gomer23 said:

Hello, first post here as well. I came across this thread while researching leasing a 2015 GMC Terrain AWD SLE-1. I am curious what the MF and RV value would be on one in Nebraska right now. I am looking at a 36/10 or 36/12 lease. Thanks!

36/12 - .00040 and 58%. $1550 lease cash.

Add 1% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    chuckny1 said:

Michaell said:

chuckny1 said:

Sorry, cap cost is roughly $27,099 and looking for 10k miles and 12k miles per year. Thanks.
    .00030 MF and 69%/68% residual. $1550 lease cash

At those numbers, I get $240/mo. and $233/mo. for 24 months, 10K/12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

chuckny1 said:

Michaell said:

chuckny1 said:

Hi, My number included the lease cash. Did you take it off again?
  • Options
    chuckny1 said:

kyfdx said:

chuckny1 said:

Michaell said:

chuckny1 said:

Hi, My number included the lease cash. Did you take it off again?
    Nope

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    bobrad1bobrad1 Member Posts: 27
    Hi,

In New Jersey, I am looking for the MF and residual of a 2015 Terrain for 15,000 miles and 36/39 months.

Thanks
  • Options
    SLE 2
  • Options
    bobrad1 said:

Hi,

In New Jersey, I am looking for the MF and residual of a 2015 Terrain for 15,000 miles and 36/39 months.

Thanks

bobrad1 said:

SLE 2

36/15 - .00040 and 55%. $1050 lease cash.

Subtract 2% for 39 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thanks.

This sounds like a good deal if I can finish it. If you don't mind, tell me if you agree.

2015 Terrain SLE2. V6, sunroof, convenience, 18 inch aluminum wheels, and navigation.

39 months with 15,000 miles per year.

$409 out of pocket which is the monthly payment.
  • Options
    bobrad1 said:

Thanks.

This sounds like a good deal if I can finish it. If you don't mind, tell me if you agree.

2015 Terrain SLE2. V6, sunroof, convenience, 18 inch aluminum wheels, and navigation.

39 months with 15,000 miles per year.

$409 out of pocket which is the monthly payment.

Not enough information to fully evaluate - what is the MSRP and net cap cost (as it looks like you are rolling in the taxes and fees).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    MSRP $35,345
    Invoice $34,128
    Vehicle price $31,829
    Estimated dealer price $32,528

Correction from above-chrome package

Everything rolled into the $409
  • Options
    bobrad1 said:

MSRP $35,345
    Invoice $34,128
    Vehicle price $31,829
    Estimated dealer price $32,528

Correction from above-chrome package

Everything rolled into the $409

Using the .00040 MF and 53% residual, I get $404/mo, so pretty close to your dealer quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thanks for your time. So that means I am getting a fair deal with the dealer making a small amount off of the lease?
  • Options
    bobrad1 said:

Thanks for your time. So that means I am getting a fair deal with the dealer making a small amount off of the lease?

If you're comfortable with the selling price, I don't think you can do much better.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    From what I have read, I don't qualify for too many discounts so I will accept that price. The GM site indicates the credit union discount excludes the Terrain SL. I am guessing the dealer can't amend that.
  • Options
    Any idea of how much the teacher incentive is worth?
  • Options
    bobrad1 said:

Any idea of how much the teacher incentive is worth?

Sorry, I don't have that information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    eag9505eag9505 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have the September MF and RV for 2015 Terrain AWD SLT-1 with Open Road Package?
    Looking at 12K/24Mo or 10K/24Mo. Located in upstate NY.

MSRP $33,830

What is the best way to determine what rebates are available? Also, is the Edmunds TMV, the negotiated price I should target for lease?
  • Options
    eag9505 said:

Does anyone have the September MF and RV for 2015 Terrain AWD SLT-1 with Open Road Package?
    Looking at 12K/24Mo or 10K/24Mo. Located in upstate NY.

MSRP $33,830

What is the best way to determine what rebates are available? Also, is the Edmunds TMV, the negotiated price I should target for lease?

.00030 and 67% for 24/12; add 1% for 10K. $1050 lease cash available.

Use the "Car Research" tab at the top of the page to get current customer incentives.

TMV is an average price; you should target something lower than that in your negotiations.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    bialy14bialy14 Member Posts: 5
    Hi all been shopping like crazy at different vehicles
    i have a number in my head that I feel is worth paying for a car and i been sticking too it. 

I supposedly have all of the numbers on this car down to the holdback below invoice. 

This is deal is:
    terrain 
    Sle2
    msrp 32,860
    v6 
    safety package
    chrome package 
    fwd
    39 months
    residual 53%
    Money factor is .00040 however the first time back he gave a .00065, we could end up higher once in finance. 

selling price 31097.53
    rebates total 3200 that I am eligible for. 
    Hann bank fee 595
    sakes tax 7% = 1049.50
    Adjusted cap cost 29542.03

total monthly payment 329.71

but...I been asking for no money out of pocket zilch nada. Maybe first months if necessary. 

Down payment / out of pocket 
    459.00 nj motor v 
    tire tax 7.50
    doc fee 349

Amount Due 1145.21
    This would include first months payment too. 

I believe he will somehow get down to $800 down for the doc and reg fees. 

I first was asking for about 300 a month nothing down. 

He came back at the 329 mark and broke everything down for me.

I said if you can do it for nothing down I will take it at 329. We couldn't make a deal. 

Is this a good deal? 

Or can I do better- only thing it did not have was leather and sunroof that i talked myself out of thinking it would get me to the magic number. 

My goal is 0 down. Which would bring the price up about 18-20 bucks a month? Which is closer to 400 then 300. Lollll

sorry for the long post. Any help would be great, if there is room to wiggle I am sure they will call tomorrow. 

What should the numbers be? Thanks. 

• Options
    @bialy14 I get around $355/mo. with those numbers.

But, those lease variables come from GM Financial. If this is a Hann lease, I'm surprised they use the same numbers. He broke down the price and the monthly and the upfronts.. .but, did he verify the money factor and residual?

Either way, Doesn't look like you are going to do much better than the deal on the table.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    We did not verify the money factor because we did not pull credit yet. 

Residual is 53% at 15k
    55% at 12k. 

Can an you please run the numbers for me at 12k miles?
    And at .00065 in case i went into financing and they bumped me up a tier. 

I know I will pay much more though if I am over miles. So debating if it's worth it to pay less now. 

there is no way around these inception fees besides rolling it in? 
    I was also told that you pay tax on the rebate portion too. 
  • Options
    I am doing some more research. Can I negotiate the doc fee they are charging 349 for? Also nj motor vehicle fees I feel is 100-200 too much. 

I can see the doc fee being negotiable? 
  • Options
    bialy14 said:

I am doing some more research. Can I negotiate the doc fee they are charging 349 for? Also nj motor vehicle fees I feel is 100-200 too much. 

I can see the doc fee being negotiable? 

The dealer will tell you that they have to charge everybody the same amount. Respond by telling them to reduce the selling price accordingly to offset that charge.

Dealer cannot mark up the motor vehicle fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    If anyone is interested,

i got 15k/39

and I was not tier one pricing that this was all based off of. However they called in a "favor" and since they are a platinum dealer they were able to keep me at tier 1 pricing @.00040 and they dropped the payment to $347 a month with only first months payment nothing else out of pocket. 

I love this dealership. Salesmen is great. I am in central nj if anyone needs assistance. 
  • Options
    bialy14 said:

If anyone is interested,

i got 15k/39

and I was not tier one pricing that this was all based off of. However they called in a "favor" and since they are a platinum dealer they were able to keep me at tier 1 pricing @.00040 and they dropped the payment to $347 a month with only first months payment nothing else out of pocket. 

I love this dealership. Salesmen is great. I am in central nj if anyone needs assistance. 

Congrats! You should use our "dealer review" to sing your praises about the deal you got.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator