Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Midsize Sedans 2.0

Comments

• Options
    akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    If you can't see a person in any new car you shouldn't be driving. At most it's an inconvenience.
  • Options
    mtnman1mtnman1 Member Posts: 431
    A couple of things I don't like about my new Fusion Hybrid that I didn't notice before I bought it. First off I am loving the mileage, the ride, the quiet cabin, and the looks of the car. What I am a little bothered about is when I got in it tuesday morning to go to work I noticed immediately the fact the two cup holder holes when I put a bottle of water in the driver's side of it that the bottle is in the way because of the gigantic center console right below the armrest. You can't have a insulated Coffee mug and a bottle of water occupying both holes and reach the steering wheel without having your right arm in your lap. I can get around it by myself, but when my wife and I travel it will be a problem. Also you don't have an accessory setting that will allow you to have everything off but the radio to listen to when the engine is off like when my wife runs in the store for a few things and it takes a half hour. It will stay on for about 5 to 10 minutes and shuts off. Still struggling to find a completely comfortable seating position. I think I got a bit closer today. Also the my Ford Touch is really a pain though easy to figure out. I am getting used to it more each day though. Lastly if you were a big person I think the front seat would be a bit tight width wise both for your legs and your hips. I am only 5' 10" tall and 185 lbs so it's no problem for me. Would I buy it again if I had known these things. Yes.
    2012 Highlander Limited AWD V6 and 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
  • Options
    akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    If you touch the radio power button with the ignition off it will stay on for at least 1 hour.
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    Your wife could put her water bottle in the right door pocket and you can put you mug in the right side cup holder.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    b25nutb25nut Member Posts: 202
    mtmman1 - I have to ditto your comments. After 29 months and 29K miles, I know my FFH is the best choice I could have made. Three oil changes and tire rotations have been the only work done on the car outside of the PCM update. The spring weather is giving me a 44 mpg average. The FFH is as good as whatever anyone considers to be the best mid-size sedan.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    #akirby. Thanks for the tip about the radio. Justtried it this morning. Once the radio automatically shuts off about 5 - 10 minutes after the engine shuts down I just tap the radio on button. The salesman apparently didn't know this though he has sold Fords for years. Or he misunderstood my question. 
  • Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,882
    mtnman1 said:

#akirby. Thanks for the tip about the radio. Justtried it this morning. Once the radio automatically shuts off about 5 - 10 minutes after the engine shuts down I just tap the radio on button. The salesman apparently didn't know this though he has sold Fords for years. Or he misunderstood my question. 

Here's another one. If your wiper blades somehow get the wrong way, i.e. right one on top of left one, when the left one rises it will wait for the right one to pass before continuing. (or maybe the other way around - my car is downstairs in the garage and I'm too lazy to go down and look). For some reason, that amazes kids.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    venture said:

mtnman1 said:

Here's another one. If your wiper blades somehow get the wrong way, i.e. right one on top of left one, when the left one rises it will wait for the right one to pass before continuing. (or maybe the other way around - my car is downstairs in the garage and I'm too lazy to go down and look). For some reason, that amazes kids.
    I like the "courtesy wipe" that can be programmed on Fords with a rear wiper. If you have your front wipers on but not the rear one, the rear one will wipe when the car is put into reverse. Now if only they could come up with a better name than "courtesy wipe."
  • Options
    After just a few days I am getting really comfortable with the My Ford Touch as far as the functions. You can just about do everything through voice commands and the touch screen really only takes a quick glance to change things. Though I would recommend you use your voice is heavy traffic to change radio stations. I do think there are too many options for people as far as Using the Steering Wheel buttons. Using the Touch Screen, or Using Voice Commands. I can say it will be difficult for my Wife to use since she is not Tech Savvy in the slightest. She will probably stick with the Highlander to get around on weekends.

I can't say enough about the ride and how quiet the Cabin is on the road. So much more quiet than the other cars I test drove. This car is absolutely the best of them all. My 2009 had a great ride, but had more interior road noise. I do see one major difference when you choose not to get the Navigation is the Sound system. The Sony would have been really nice to have. My 2009 had the Audiophile system and it was fantastic so I got a bit spoiled. I have an amplifier and subwoofer that I had installed in the crappy system that was in my short term ownership of a 2011 Kia Sorento (traded after 21 months for the 2012 Highlander). That made a huge difference. I might have that installed because the bass is kind of weak in my new fusion system. I am an old hard rocker that likes new stuff like on Sirius Octane and old rock like Led Zeppelin.
  • Options
    robr2 said:

venture said:

mtnman1 said:

I like the "courtesy wipe" that can be programmed on Fords with a rear wiper. If you have your front wipers on but not the rear one, the rear one will wipe when the car is put into reverse. Now if only they could come up with a better name than "courtesy wipe."
    Yeah. That's a funky name.

That's what they call (I think) the last pass of the wipers on my Fusion when you're cleaning the windshield. When you pull the stalk to spray on the windshield it will wipe three times, wait a few seconds, and do one last wipe. I thought it was silly at first, but it does get that last trickle that always seems to stream down after you think you are done.

The thing has three spray jets too.

• Options
    mtnman1 said:

After just a few days I am getting really comfortable with the My Ford Touch as far as the functions. You can just about do everything through voice commands and the touch screen really only takes a quick glance to change things. Though I would recommend you use your voice is heavy traffic to change radio stations. I do think there are too many options for people as far as Using the Steering Wheel buttons. Using the Touch Screen, or Using Voice Commands. I can say it will be difficult for my Wife to use since she is not Tech Savvy in the slightest. She will probably stick with the Highlander to get around on weekends.

I can't say enough about the ride and how quiet the Cabin is on the road. So much more quiet than the other cars I test drove. This car is absolutely the best of them all. My 2009 had a great ride, but had more interior road noise. I do see one major difference when you choose not to get the Navigation is the Sound system. The Sony would have been really nice to have. My 2009 had the Audiophile system and it was fantastic so I got a bit spoiled. I have an amplifier and subwoofer that I had installed in the crappy system that was in my short term ownership of a 2011 Kia Sorento (traded after 21 months for the 2012 Highlander). That made a huge difference. I might have that installed because the bass is kind of weak in my new fusion system. I am an old hard rocker that likes new stuff like on Sirius Octane and old rock like Led Zeppelin.

I found the same thing as far as My Ford Touch. Although a little intimidating at first, you find the few dozen things you use. It's unfairly criticized, as far as I'm concerned, by reviewers who only spend a little time driving the car - although it is, supposedly, much better than it was originally.

My wife is still amazed when it reads out text messages.

A little advice. If you ever need to replace the windshield, get an OEM Ford windshield. A lot of the quietness is because of the glass.

Mine has the Sony system and you're right, it's pretty sweet.

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,434
    @mtnman1 - congrats on your FFH purchase. Beautiful car in a beautiful color. Enjoy!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,434
    I just did a Fuel Economy test this past tankful. I set my cruise control at 65 for the most part. Traffic has been relatively light on the local roads & some extra highway time to and from Long Island. 495.5 miles on 17.17 gallons of RUG (87 octane) yielded me a best yet 28.9 mpg. Interesting that the trip computer showed I got 31 mpg. I crossed over the 11,000 mile mark in just over 6 months.

My legacy continues to be a comfortable commuter for me. The only thing I do wish for is some more giddy up. The CVT makes the best of the 2.5's 175 horsepower, but merging uphill from a complete stop onto the highway with a short ramp (common in NY & CT) requires some extra planning.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    Man, I hated some of those no-merge parkway on ramps in Westchester. Was especially fun in the old days with cars like a 68HP Colt.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    New Fusion.

• Options
    @mtnman1, You'll fit right in at Ohio State games.
  • Options
    Sitting in the car wash, noticed the odometer read 22222.2
  • Options
    Fusion is in the body shop to get a new fender.
    My rental is a 2015 Malibu LTZ.
    The electronics are somewhat confusing to me, but that's probably because I am used to how Ford does theirs.
    Ride is definitely softer than the Fusion. I fixed the tire pressures, so tomorrow I'll get a better idea of the handling. Left front was down 6lbs from right rear. It has a nice display showing the individual tire pressures.
    At first, I thought something was wrong with the drivetrain, but figured out that it has start/stop.
    Once you understand what's going on, I kind like having it. It does make a kind of metallic sound and you feel a slight vibration, but nothing too intrusive.
    More to follow.
  • Options
    Learned a few more things about the Malibu today. Start/stop doesn't begin until the engine is warmed up. There is a small battery, motorcycle sized in the trunk used to control the start/stop system.
    There is a small button built into the CHMSL to open the trunk, but you can't open it from inside the car.
    MPG's look pretty good, once I figured out how to display them.
    The floor shift is a bit strange. All the way forward, it lines up with the 'P' for park, but after that, it seems like it moves twice as far as how many lights are indicated. When in 'R' the shift is next to the 'N'. When In 'N' it is next to 'M' (after D).
    I like the power window switch location better then my Fusion.
  • Options
    shabadoo25shabadoo25 Member Posts: 232
    I just leased a 2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T in Lakeside (Royal) Blue. With the March incentives and usual discounts, I got almost 6k off the sticker price of $29700.

I am coming from a BMW 328i and currently don't feel like I gave up much considering 2 of these cars sale price is still less than the MSRP of the Bimmer. The stereo system is better in the Hyundai and I had the Harmon Kardon in the 328i.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Turned in the Malibu yesterday. I only put about 80 miles on it in 3 days, but it's a pretty good car.
    It was a 2015 LTZ model, highest trim level.
    Sat in the back seat, just to try it out, with the front seat set for me. It pretty much felt the same as my Fusion.
    Overall, other than the handing/ride not being as tight as my Fusion it was a pretty good car.
    It was a N/A 4 cyl, so it didn't have the power of my Fusion. but it was fine for anything I put it through.
    Indicated mileage was right around 30, which is a bit higher than the Fusion.
    Really interested to see how the next gen model fares.
  • Options
    I have driven 1000 miles on my new Fusion in the 2 1/2 weeks I have owned it. Filled up for the second time yesterday. Drove 486.1 miles divided by 11.382 gallons which means I got 42.71 MPG on it. The Car's computer said 43.4 so it was not off by much. This is in mixed driving. Anywhere from stop and go to driving 70+ mph. Compared to the 20.5 I was getting in my old Fusion I am very satisfied with my purchase decision. Such a beautiful car to drive and yet it has great gas mileage. Glad I happened to walk the Dealership lot while I got a new headlamp installed on my old one or I would have bought something else.
  • Options
    Now that the weather has warmed up, my Fusion 2.0 is back up to 28+ mpg indicated on the computer.
    I did fill up last time with PUG. It's supposed to make more power, but not increase fuel mileage.
    The car does not downshift on a big hill I go up about a mile from home, and the engine seems to run a bit smoother. I won't have to fill up until next week, so I don't know what the prices will be by then.
  • Options
    just took a short trip this past weekend with my Sonata (philly to Baltimore and back). About 250 miles I think. Largely highway, with a few backups on 95 (of course) and a little bit of local in the middle. overall, just under 34 per the computer, which based on previous experience meant I got an actual 33 or so. Not bad for the trip I did. I will take that. Was not babying it either most of the way.

best couple of trips (NY to Philly) have been just over 35. Really happy with that.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2015
    duplicate
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    cski said:

Ok, My whole post was stolen from me cause I hit the wrong button, So, short and sweet. My 2012 Optima EX had it's first warranty claim. There was a recall on the high pressure pump, and I had it "fixed" then two weeks later the pump just died. However, Kia had wisely included an auxiliary low pressure pump in the engine design which got my errands done and limped it over to Kia. They replaced the High-pressure pump. No charge.

They replaced the center console lid again due to latch failure (again) and once again put the wrong lid in it. Mine is leather, this is yukky, lumpy vinyl from an LX. I even made sure the service writer checked it out to make sure they matched, and I believed him until I got a mile away. I was concerned about the pump replacement, and it runs fine. It was only when I stopped at a light that I saw the vinyl. My car has leather. Not vinyl.

The pump failed at 40,892. If I was driving another mid size sedan with a 3/36; it would be expired and I would have been out $2000. Also, the pump would not have been covered by just a drivetrain warranty. Yay for buying 10 year, 100k B2B warranty!!!!

Of course, if you get a Honda or Toyota your about as likely to win the lottery as you are to need a new pump between 36,000 and 100,000 miles.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    Lol.good one.
  • Options
    andres3 said:

cski said:

Ok, My whole post was stolen from me cause I hit the wrong button, So, short and sweet. My 2012 Optima EX had it's first warranty claim. There was a recall on the high pressure pump, and I had it "fixed" then two weeks later the pump just died. However, Kia had wisely included an auxiliary low pressure pump in the engine design which got my errands done and limped it over to Kia. They replaced the High-pressure pump. No charge.

They replaced the center console lid again due to latch failure (again) and once again put the wrong lid in it. Mine is leather, this is yukky, lumpy vinyl from an LX. I even made sure the service writer checked it out to make sure they matched, and I believed him until I got a mile away. I was concerned about the pump replacement, and it runs fine. It was only when I stopped at a light that I saw the vinyl. My car has leather. Not vinyl.

The pump failed at 40,892. If I was driving another mid size sedan with a 3/36; it would be expired and I would have been out $2000. Also, the pump would not have been covered by just a drivetrain warranty. Yay for buying 10 year, 100k B2B warranty!!!!

Of course, if you get a Honda or Toyota your about as likely to win the lottery as you are to need a new pump between 36,000 and 100,000 miles.
    Of course, at least they had the forethought to include a low pressure auxiliary pump so you don't get stuck on the side of the road. You have to understand that this was Hyundai/Kia's first mainstream D/I engine, which I bought in 2011. So at 40k, I am pleased with the years of service with no issues whatsoever. Also, many Accord and Toyota owners have posted here about their transmission problems as well. Here is a quote from Toyota Nation:

" Hey all of you 2010 Camry owners...I just got a 2010 LE auto transmission with the new 6-speed transmission about 2 weeks ago. I am not liking the shifting nature of this tranny around town...constantly hunts and downshifts when you are slowing down...very unruly. I have been back to the dealer and they say that is the nature of the new transmissions...they downshift to "help you slow down" and one guy admitted that many have complained about the shifting nature of the Camry's and some have been replaced under warranty, but they say its not a faulty transmission.?????"

So, Badge means very little. I am hard on my Optima, and I did receive a recall on the pump in the mail, and I DID have the recall "fixed". It was just too late on my car and a new pump had to be installed. I was VERY impressed that it had a backup pump so I wasn't stranded. It worked fine as long as you didn't go over 3400 RPM or push the pedal beyond 1/4 travel. Great thinking and a great car.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2015
    stickguy said:

just took a short trip this past weekend with my Sonata (philly to Baltimore and back). About 250 miles I think. Largely highway, with a few backups on 95 (of course) and a little bit of local in the middle. overall, just under 34 per the computer, which based on previous experience meant I got an actual 33 or so. Not bad for the trip I did. I will take that. Was not babying it either most of the way.

best couple of trips (NY to Philly) have been just over 35. Really happy with that.

I dated a girl who grew up in Yardley (Bucks County PA, which is a beautiful area just on the PA side of the Delaware river, and about 3 miles from where Washington crossed it,)

Anyway, back to the trip from Fairfax to Yardley to see her folks. on 95. This was 13 years ago, and I remember very long line at the toll booths, and it was like the Indy 500 once you got through. I don't miss that commute AT ALL. It was pure hell when construction barrel world was up and running...and I never once saw a PDOT guy actually working. Maybe they were underground.
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    cski said:

andres3 said:

cski said:

Of course, at least they had the forethought to include a low pressure auxiliary pump so you don't get stuck on the side of the road. You have to understand that this was Hyundai/Kia's first mainstream D/I engine, which I bought in 2011. So at 40k, I am pleased with the years of service with no issues whatsoever. Also, many Accord and Toyota owners have posted here about their transmission problems as well. Here is a quote from Toyota Nation:

" Hey all of you 2010 Camry owners...I just got a 2010 LE auto transmission with the new 6-speed transmission about 2 weeks ago. I am not liking the shifting nature of this tranny around town...constantly hunts and downshifts when you are slowing down...very unruly. I have been back to the dealer and they say that is the nature of the new transmissions...they downshift to "help you slow down" and one guy admitted that many have complained about the shifting nature of the Camry's and some have been replaced under warranty, but they say its not a faulty transmission.?????"

So, Badge means very little. I am hard on my Optima, and I did receive a recall on the pump in the mail, and I DID have the recall "fixed". It was just too late on my car and a new pump had to be installed. I was VERY impressed that it had a backup pump so I wasn't stranded. It worked fine as long as you didn't go over 3400 RPM or push the pedal beyond 1/4 travel. Great thinking and a great car.
    To be fair to Toyota, it sounds like those transmission characteristics were there when they bought the car and could have been deciphered during a reasonable test drive. Or is the claim that the transmission has two personalities and is bi-Polar?
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    Back from my trip to Cleveland. My Fusion 2.0 makes more power on PUG, but it isn't supposed to increase the fuel mileage.
    My philosophy(big word), has been to buy RUG for a trip, since I would burn through it in a few hours.
    After this trip, PUG is the way to go.
    The additional power is where you need it, on the hills. The engine runs smoother, too.
    On an everyday basis, I don't need it and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited May 2015
    If you are under 34 and bought a used car in 2015, please email PR@edmunds.com (with year, make and model of the car) to be interviewed by a reporter about your experience by Friday, May 15, 2015. Thanks.
  • Options
    thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    Just finished a 1,300 round trip from Dallas to Santa Fe in my 2015 Accord EX.  Got 32 mpg for the trip.  Everything performed great and I am really enjoying this car.  Love the blind spot monitor.  Obviously not an exciting car, but for me it's about reliability and function.  Trunk is larger than our 2001 Lexus ES300 which encouraged the spousal unit to fill it up with more than we needed for the trip.   :s

I now have just shy of 5K miles with no issues at all.  Color me impressed.  
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    thebean said:

Just finished a 1,300 round trip from Dallas to Santa Fe in my 2015 Accord EX.  Got 32 mpg for the trip.  Everything performed great and I am really enjoying this car.  Love the blind spot monitor.  Obviously not an exciting car, but for me it's about reliability and function.  Trunk is larger than our 2001 Lexus ES300 which encouraged the spousal unit to fill it up with more than we needed for the trip.   :s

I now have just shy of 5K miles with no issues at all.  Color me impressed.  

I am pleased with my 13 EX as well. My commute to work is a total of 84 miles daily, so miles are adding up quickly, about 2200/mo, right at 40k. Gas mileage consistently above 30mpg, typically 35-36, and have seen over 40 mpg on a fairly consistent basis. Good year tires at 6/32, so they are going the distance. Sometimes wish I had bought the EXL for the upgraded stereo and equipment but no real regrets. Regular maintenance, no issues. Consider me pleased as well. And yes I would buy it again.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    We have the '13 EX-L Accord. What a terrific car, especially on long trips. Love the overall gas mileage, comfort level, and ride. We plan on keeping it a long time.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    sda said:
    I am pleased with my 13 EX as well. My commute to work is a total of 84 miles daily, so miles are adding up quickly, about 2200/mo, right at 40k. Gas mileage consistently above 30mpg, typically 35-36, and have seen over 40 mpg on a fairly consistent basis. Good year tires at 6/32, so they are going the distance. Sometimes wish I had bought the EXL for the upgraded stereo and equipment but no real regrets. Regular maintenance, no issues. Consider me pleased as well. And yes I would buy it again.
    Wow, 40 mpg is outstanding!  I'll have to shoot for that on our fall trip.  I'm happy to see your Goodyear tires are wearing well.  I was worried a bit about them since I normally run Michelins.  One thing I can say about the Goodyears - they have good wet traction.  It rained our entire way back and they never missed a beat.

Thanks for sharing your experience (same thanks to Suydam for your post).
  • Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Yes, I've gotten 40 mpg as well. Usually total on a road trip is around 36 mpg. Around town, just under 30.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited June 2015
    Car and Driver has spy shots of the 2016 Accord, which gets a mild restyle plus other upgrades....

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/exclusive-2016-honda-accord-sedan-spy-photos-news

"....Lending a more athletic look to each of the models seen here are new grilles, bumpers, decklid garnishes, headlamps, and taillamps—including multi-element, Acura-style LED headlamps on the Touring model that prove that the sexy lights on the Honda Civic Coupe concept shown last month at the New York auto show were no fluke. Here’s hoping they appear on the production 2016 Civic, as well. The Accord’s wheel designs are also new, and we particularly like the big five-spoke pieces seen in some of the shots.

Powertrain: Expect the Accord V-6 to adopt direct fuel injection and offer the new nine-speed automatic transmission that’s found in the 2016 Pilot crossover’s upper (Touring and Elite) trim levels..."
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    And temple of VTEC is reporting some added equipment for the 2016 Accord:

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1238734

We've received some info concerning the upcoming 2016 Accord mid-cycle model change (MMC) and below is a summary of the changes we will see. It looks like Honda is really swinging for the fences with this MMC.

LX

+ LED Tail Lights
    Available Honda Sensing*
    Sport

+ 60/40 rear seat
    + 19" Alloy Wheels
    + LED DRL
    Available Honda Sensing*
    EX

+ 60/40 rear seat
    + Display Audio (with Enhanced Display Audio Technologies)
    + Homelink
    + XM Radio
    + HD Radio
    + LED DRL
    + LED Fog Lights
    + Remote Engine Start
    +18" Alloy Wheels (Coupe)
    Available Honda Sensing*
    EX-L

Sedan: No Changes
    Coupe: + Memory Seats
    Available Display Audio+ (Navigation)
    Available Honda Sensing*
    Touring

+ 19" Alloy Wheels
    + Heated Rear Seats
    + Parking Sensors
    + Rear Spoiler
    + Rain Sensing Wipers
    + Auto high-beam headlights
    + Standard Honda Sensing
    NEW: Touring Coupe
    *Honda Sensing Adds:

Adaptive Cruise Control
    CMBS (Cars & Pedestrian)
    Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
    Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
    Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
    Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
  • Options
    Too bad honda didn't fix its blind spot warning by having lights on side mirrors, like most other manufacturers.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The Accord, however, already has by far the best visibility in its class. In fact, it doesn't really have a blind spot.

Apparently the Adaptive Cruise Control and the other Honda Sensing features will be available for about $1000, which seems like a fair price.
  • Options
    All cars have blind spots.. unless you turn your head and look.
  • Options
    The new grille on the Accord looks Camryesque to me, which is not a good look to me.  Love all the added features however, like 60/40 rear seat and Homelink.
  • Options
    ral2167 said:

All cars have blind spots.. unless you turn your head and look.

Agreed. And that's what I mean. If you turn your head and look you have excellent rear visibility in the Accord. With other midsize cars, such as the Kia Optima, the very thick rear roof pillars mean you still have a blind spot even if you look behind you.

• Options
    Is Homelink a built-in garage door opener?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    This is a nice group of new features for the EX:
    + LED Tail Lights
    + 60/40 rear seat
    + Display Audio (with Enhanced Display Audio Technologies)
    + Homelink
    + XM Radio
    + HD Radio
    + LED DRL
    + LED Fog Lights
    + Remote Engine Start

The EX 6MT currents starts at $25k msrp. Wonder what this will add. Given how competitive the market is, I'm guessing and hoping for a c. $500 increase. Normally you'd probably say all of this stuff is worth close to a grand, but I don't think the market would take kindly to an increase like that.

I wonder what the Enhanced Display Audio stuff is? Is that to display song and title on FM stations etc.?

I think they might also add the electronic parking brake now found not only on the Acura TLX, but also on the new HR-V.
  • Options
    19" wheels for the Sport!?
  • Options
    19s must be the sport. It already has 18s. Which IMO is more than big enough!

Home link is the built in garage door opener buttons.

• Options
    Some models new 2016 Acura ILX have an interesting new feature that is not mentioned here, but might possibly end up on this refreshed Accord: navi from your phone integrated into the screen of the car.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Since my wife gets our one car garage for her 2013 Accord, the remote start is potentially an appealing feature to me. On icy or snowy winter days, rather than going out to the car I could start the melting process from inside the house while sipping my coffee. Sounds nice! My 2008 Accord EXL navi has c. 73k miles on it, and really nothing is wrong with it, but....in 6 months or so I might consider a successor. The new features on the Accord make it appealing to me.