Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Inconsiderate Drivers (share your stories, etc.)

Comments

• euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    Many think if there is no physical contact, they are not obligated to augment the scene of an accident.

When an oncoming vehicle drifts towards your lane, but does not enter it & you choose the ditch, should the oncoming driver be responsible for your over reaction? Because there was no contact, there was no crash that included his car, so he continued down the road.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,162
    More justification for dashcams :)

Commuting lately seems easier than usual, maybe the idiots see my cam. When I am on foot, I notice that turn signal laws must have been repealed. Or just not enforced, must not be profitable.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    GoPro helmet cam. :)
    I've seriously thought about that for jogging - it'd document the crosswalk crowders and sidewalk violators. I'd have one if I was on a bike, for sure.
    And as a side benefit, it'd protect your head when a texter runs you down in the crosswalk.
  • andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,684
    stever said:

Here's how to shorten DMV lines (seriously).

Parallel parking becomes an untested skill in Maryland (washingtonpost.com)

Now that's scary. FWIW, when I took the driver's test in Maryland, the actual driving part comprised driving around on a closed course where you had to come to a complete stop at a stop sign, make a very sharp right turn, do a 3-point turn in a 30 foot "box", and a parallel park in a 6x25 foot spot. So, it's not like there was all that much to the test anyway...now there's even less.

Our drivers are bad enough as it is...guess this new crop will be even worse. :'(

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    euphonium said:

Excellent observation: Why should the inside lane be reserved for law breaking speed maniacs? Our taxes paid for all three or more lanes so I use them. At 2 or 3 above the limit - I'm a LLC who allows you to pass me on the right & that's not wrong. I choose the smoothest lane that hasn't been trucked up.

It is wrong because the law states to allow faster traffic to pass left, which is by far much MUCH MUCH safer. By forcing people to pass on the right you are endangering all of those around you, including yourself. It is just a much riskier Manuela overall for about 100 reasons.

When is the last time you had your speedometer calibrated; do you really know your going 2 or 3 above the limit just because you think it?

'15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    euphonium said:

Many think if there is no physical contact, they are not obligated to augment the scene of an accident.

When an oncoming vehicle drifts towards your lane, but does not enter it & you choose the ditch, should the oncoming driver be responsible for your over reaction? Because there was no contact, there was no crash that included his car, so he continued down the road.

There is a big difference between choosing the shoulder and choosing the ditch. If the ditch was chosen due to driver incompetence (over-reaction) then I see it as a 1-vehicle accident. It's easy for someone to say that some mythical (insert your moving object here) caused them to crash.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,940
    I'm so confused about that story. So the quad-cab was coming up behind an SUV... I'm assuming the Blazer they mention? But then they say the "Ford" (quad-cab?) hit his brakes? And then the quad-cab swerved to the center lane? Sooo... the Ford wrecked?? But that's the vehicle they are looking for. WTF?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    edited May 2015
    andres3 said:

euphonium said:

There is a big difference between choosing the shoulder and choosing the ditch. If the ditch was chosen due to driver incompetence (over-reaction) then I see it as a 1-vehicle accident. It's easy for someone to say that some mythical (insert your moving object here) caused them to crash.
    Corollary might be: ALWAYS hit or get hit by the ones you want to blame/involve??
    andres3 said:

euphonium said:

Excellent observation: Why should the inside lane be reserved for law breaking speed maniacs? Our taxes paid for all three or more lanes so I use them. At 2 or 3 above the limit - I'm a LLC who allows you to pass me on the right & that's not wrong. I choose the smoothest lane that hasn't been trucked up.

It is wrong because the law states to allow faster traffic to pass left, which is by far much MUCH MUCH safer. By forcing people to pass on the right you are endangering all of those around you, including yourself. It is just a much riskier Manuela overall for about 100 reasons.

When is the last time you had your speedometer calibrated; do you really know your going 2 or 3 above the limit just because you think it?

Your assertions are not facts. No one is forcing people to pass on the right. They have the choice to remain behind me as well. "100 reasons" is claimed to ensure the driver in front of you gets out of your way. The speedometer in a 2011 Lincoln MKS very accurate & questioning my luxury car is pithy on your part. All you have to do is comply with the speed limit & respect your superiors.

• stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    euphonium said:

andres3 said:

euphonium said:

Your assertions are not facts. No one is forcing people to pass on the right. They have the choice to remain behind me as well. "100 reasons" is claimed to ensure the driver in front of you gets out of your way. The speedometer in a 2011 Lincoln MKS very accurate & questioning my luxury car is pithy on your part. All you have to do is comply with the speed limit & respect your superiors.

Don't necessarily disagree with your comments, but I will note that my last two Fords have had the speedometer off by about 1-2 MPH (the vehicle reports a higher speed than I'm actually driving). I know this because on my C-Max you can access a GPS diagnostic that tells the actual speed of the vehicle. On my older Escape Hybrid, I know because my external GPS device showed the difference.
    edited May 2015
    euphonium said:

andres3 said:

euphonium said:

Another STRONG case for passing by all/any lane/s necessary. ;):p
    euphonium said:

Actually, it is wrong in certain states. It is against the law, and therefore wrong. Using your argument, I should be able to run stop signs and red lights, too. My taxes paid for them, I should use them how I want!

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

qbrozen said:

I'm so confused about that story. So the quad-cab was coming up behind an SUV... I'm assuming the Blazer they mention? But then they say the "Ford" (quad-cab?) hit his brakes? And then the quad-cab swerved to the center lane? Sooo... the Ford wrecked?? But that's the vehicle they are looking for. WTF?

I watched the video without volume and didn't see anything of value. Not sure what the commotion is about. Brake checks are illegal, but very hard to prove.

Since the point and object of driving is to get from point A to point B for most people, and since most people follow the human psychology of wanting to do that task as fast as safely and comfortably possible, then yes, you do force people to pass right. This is proven in my field tests of slowing down a slow LLC. 9 times out of 10 they'll just pass on the right, proving the left lane really wasn't that important to them, they were just being passive aggressive maniacs.

As your response indicates, you've never calibrated or certified your speedometer. Complying with the speed limit will not eliminate your encounters with being impeded by a LLC. Not all LLC's are as nice as your willingness to exceed that speed limit by 2 to 3 MPH. Some decide 5 to 10 under is perfectly suitable.

Also, as indicated earlier, forcing people to change lanes to pass will cause greater traffic and congestion. People will not be willing to accept your, or anyone else's arbitrarily judged "speed of the day."

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,793
    euphonium said:

Yeppers. Sounds reasonable to me, at least, that's the typical police response: Basically, that driver lost control and wrecked; bummer.

Eight+ years ago when Mr. Insane ran me off the road and destroyed my Outback, he took off and was held harmless by the police because there was no vehicular contact (duh, that's because I took the ditch to avoid said contact!). I learned my lesson: Anything like that happens in the future, contact WILL be made before I leave the road, or I will at least do my best to ensure it. That way, there's no plausible deniability regardless of other circumstantial (e.g., video like that above) or witness evidence.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    edited May 2015
    Really SOS DD ! Pass how one has to!
    xwesx said:

Anything like that happens in the future, contact WILL be made before I leave the road, or I will at least do my best to ensure it. That way, there's no plausible deniability regardless of other circumstantial (e.g., video like that above) or witness evidence.

Be prepared when the other driver claims it was your fault because you had the opportunity to avoid getting hit. :p

A friend of mine was T-boned by a teenage girl who ran a stop sign, and she claimed just that - you should have avoided me! The cops didn't buy it. I don't think her insurance company cared for it either, my friend called her insurance to get the process going, and they referenced an accident that she apparently caused a month earlier. Maybe princess finally got grounded.
    stever said:

xwesx said:

Anything like that happens in the future, contact WILL be made before I leave the road, or I will at least do my best to ensure it. That way, there's no plausible deniability regardless of other circumstantial (e.g., video like that above) or witness evidence.

Be prepared when the other driver claims it was your fault because you had the opportunity to avoid getting hit. :p

Speaking of avoiding not-at-fault accidents; how many of those not-at-fault driverless car accidents could have been avoided all together by a reasonably compentent driver? I think I've avoided my fair share in life.
  • slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694
    Seems that a dash cam is more than a "nice to have" any more...

People will lie to get out of their responsibilities.

Sad.

:(
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I see that California is preparing to legalize lane-splitting by motorcycles up to 50 mph. It's actually not illegal in California, so they either need to ban it or allow it---at least clear up the ambiguity. Then I'll let Darwinism take care of the rest.
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,793
    andres3 said:

Speaking of avoiding not-at-fault accidents; how many of those not-at-fault driverless car accidents could have been avoided all together by a reasonably compentent driver? I think I've avoided my fair share in life.

Yeah, same here. And, I'm not talking about failing to avoid. I'm just talking about in situations like the one I was in that night, I'm not going to try quite as hard to avoid the other vehicle prior to the inevitable outcome. The "I don't know, I wasn't there" defense isn't going to fly if they have a matching dent with my paint on it.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    In my case, I just swerved over the line a little bit in front of @xwesx to avoid that wasp flying around the cabin. So there was plenty of time and opportunity for him to get out of my way.

(How that wasp woke up at 40 below is still a mystery).
    edited May 2015
    I have read that even in the case of avoiding animals (same advice applies with cars) that the best thing to do is to just go straight . It would seem like the choice of swerving, was beyond the abilities to recover and proved to be the undoing of the person who got killed .
    ruking1 said:

I have read that even in the case of avoiding animals (same advice applies with cars) that the best thing to do is to just go straight . It would seem like the choice of swerving, was beyond the abilities to recover and proved to be the undoing of the person who got killed .

When swerving, the driver should already know and have taken into account the vehicle they are driving and its handling limits and capabilities, the tires conditions and capabilities, the road and weather conditions, and of course have the situational awareness of any objects around them in any direction.

Going beyond your vehicle's limits and capabilities to try and avoid something is a rookie driver error.

edited May 2015
    andres3 said:

ruking1 said:

When swerving, the driver should already know and have taken into account the vehicle they are driving and its handling limits and capabilities, the tires conditions and capabilities, the road and weather conditions, and of course have the situational awareness of any objects around them in any direction.

Going beyond your vehicle's limits and capabilities to try and avoid something is a rookie driver error.

Thank you for confirming what I have said . However, being a follower of motor sports, it would seem that it's not confined to just rookies , i.e., Indianapolis 500 practice runs, cars seem almost magnetically driven to walls. :DB)
    http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/38/3801.asp

In case you didn't already know that Speeding and crashes are unrelated. Speeding doesn't come anywhere even close to entering the top of any list when it comes to the causes of accidents in any State.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-cause-of-the-most-fatal-car-crashes-2015-5

If you plan on fighting a ticket; be prepared to get run over by unethical people:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2015/05/orange_county_prosecutor_misconduct_judge_goethals_takes_district_attorney.single.html

IF they lack ethics in cases that affect people's lives (life), how much ethical consideration can you expect from that group if all that is at stake is your property (money/fines/penalties) from traffic violation accusations?

edited May 2015
    andres3 said:

In case you didn't already know that Speeding and crashes are unrelated. Speeding doesn't come anywhere even close to entering the top of any list when it comes to the causes of accidents in any State.

If you plan on fighting a ticket; be prepared to get run over by unethical people:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2015/05/orange_county_prosecutor_misconduct_judge_goethals_takes_district_attorney.single.html

IF they lack ethics in cases that affect people's lives (life), how much ethical consideration can you expect from that group if all that is at stake is your property (money/fines/penalties) from traffic violation accusations?

Yes, I already have long (61 years)known that to be true. BUT it's good that you posted the articles for the general thread.
    On a happy note:

1) The incompetent senile judge in my small claims case for the accident March 2014 finally corrected his problematic math errors after a 2 month delay, and entered a verdict awarding me twice the diminished value Mercury last offered. Now I just need to get the check! It's still far less than the actual diminished value, but it's far better than nothing.

2) The Sheriff that double dipped on my "lack of 2 license plate" charges agreed with my letter to him, and dismissed the 2nd citation that he was the cause of for the same violation/fix-it/correctable ticket.

• eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    edited May 2015
    Indeed the MLCs are prevalent on 3-lane-roads in new england. Some other states actually post signs years ago calling left-lane the 'passing' lane, middle-lane 'travel', right-lane 'merge'. I haven't seen those in a while.I find the big problem with MLCs is when I'm travelling faster in left lane, and a mile or two from exit need to merge throught he middle lane to get to the right lane. Often The MLCs are packed so tightly that there is no nice place to merge. In this case sometimes I select the worst tailgator for signal & merge.
    ( I do this with special warmth and consideration for the other drivers who aren't tailgating as much.)

as for dudes like the euphinator who like/own the smoooth left lane crawling along at the speed limit on long uphills with bigrigs passing on the right, I can't always blame him, as I have had multiple levels of spine replaced. I'm looking into magna-ride for my next vehicle, to help minimize future spine replacements. Either way, I'm glad to pass on the right, euphinator! See average speed table below.
    It seems optimal to drive with reverse-lane-discipline, safely yielding wherever possible to all ahead traffic, including traffic in other lanes:
    Left-lane: speed limit plus 9.9 mph
    middle-lane: speed limit plus 14.9 mph
    right-lane: 3 x 10^8 meters/second

to answer A3's question, yes I've had my speedo calibrated. Once by a speed shop which cut a custom speedo gear to match the randomly wrong factory gear on the transmission side (1985).
    More recently GM confirmed that reading exactly 3% fast was within the design-spec in 05 GTO. (A hidden diagnostic display shows the real speed in very tiny numbers, while the dashboard pointer and big-LCD-display shows the 3%-fast speed.).
    Also at least 25 state police officers help to confirm the accuracy/calibration of my speedometers over the decades during roadside-detentions after I tell them truthfully that I was going "about 80".

as for lane-splitting, i am all for it. cool that Cali is finally codifying it. it was fine in the bay area as far as I saw for my years living there. as usual, california is tops with vehicular/road code. speedtraps are illegal in california, as is traffic enforcement via unmarked cop vehicles.

yes the best choice for an small animal in the road is often to run it over, if you can't stop safely. the most prevalent animals around here are TURKEYS and DEER. I tagged a deer about 20 years ago (vice versa actually). It was not enjoyable, but the deer hobbled/jumped up the santa cruz mountain afterwards.
    andres3 said:

hahaha... So they ask people "what were you doing when you crashed?" and 98% said "the posted speed limit, sir!"
    SHOCKING!

;b

No doubt many incidents blamed on "speed" are really due to impairment or distraction. But,we have to keep the story going, so the fun relationship between speed enforcement and the insurance cabal can remain alive and well.
    fintail said:

No doubt many incidents blamed on "speed" are really due to impairment or distraction. But,we have to keep the story going, so the fun relationship between speed enforcement and the insurance cabal can remain alive and well.

The insurance business is too competitive to enable it to be controlled by a few people i.e. "cabal". The inference reveals the lack of empowerment on the part of the uninformed. Comply with speed limits.

edited May 2015
    The active and well funded insurance lobby, and link between the speed enforcement industry and this branch of the crooked irresponsible FIRE industry (we'll pay for your radar guns etc) say enough for any educated informed person who can actually cut it in the world today, unlike some who made their gold in a vastly less competitive and demanding environment. I wonder if the monies used for those donations come from motorist premiums.

Comply with the full RCW and get that old Lincoln out of the left lane. Comply with reality, the world is a different place.
    euphonium said:

fintail said:

The insurance business is too competitive to enable it to be controlled by a few people i.e. "cabal". The inference reveals the lack of empowerment on the part of the uninformed. Comply with speed limits.

And on the inconsiderate subject, the sun is out, and every old dork and dbag with a Harley is out revving it up like it's going out of style. It's not 1973 and we're not in a lame biker flick, nobody is impressed.
    edited May 2015
    fintail said:

And on the inconsiderate subject, the sun is out, and every old dork and dbag with a Harley is out revving it up like it's going out of style. It's not 1973 and we're not in a lame biker flick, nobody is impressed.

Speaking of a perpetual rolling traffic block, aka LLC er's, they are among the WORST offenders!
    Since when is a four year old Lincoln "old"? Keep up with the times & the speed limits.
    That's funny, as the speed limits haven't kept up with the times. In too many cases, my grandfather was able to drive an oversprung underbraked marshmallow of a car with absolutely no safety gear 60 years ago at the same speeds I am able to drive my ultra-modern dozen-airbag safety cage on wheels. Keeping up with the times might hurt revenues. Those who claim to be law-abiding need to respect all laws - if they pick and choose, they are no better than those they castigate. Those who don't make spurious claims, well, not so much.
    euphonium said:

Since when is a four year old Lincoln "old"? Keep up with the times & the speed limits.

I bet it's fun in California, with typically better weather more often. I don't see the dorks blocking roads here much, but a lot of them ride like newbies on that 600++ lb machine, and sometimes get wobbly. They can be an adventure to drive beside and/or pass. I don't want to deal with that, even with the dashcam.
    ruking1 said:

Speaking of a perpetual rolling traffic block, aka LLC er's, they are among the WORST offenders!

edited May 2015
    fintail said:

I bet it's fun in California, with typically better weather more often. I don't see the dorks blocking roads here much, but a lot of them ride like newbies on that 600++ lb machine, and sometimes get wobbly. They can be an adventure to drive beside and/or pass. I don't want to deal with that, even with the dashcam.

ruking1 said:

Normally the power to weight ratio is WAY in favor of the bikes . So you really know it's attitudinal (LLC ing ) . When they want to pass you or split lanes, it is literally a twist of the wrist, aka EFFORTLESS ! Funny how the "outlaws" want to do the vigilanty impersonation.
    Twist of the wrist, too often launching one of those heavy things into a median or off a ramp. AFAIK, after the young set on supersportbikes, the next highest casualty group is mature riders on heavy machines.

I like how the "outlaws" are often middle aged accountant and pharmacist types :)
    ruking1 said:

Normally the power to weight ratio is WAY in favor of the bikes . So you really know it's attitudinal (LLC ing ) . When they want to pass you or split lanes, it is literally a twist of the wrist, aka EFFORTLESS ! Funny how the "outlaws" want to do the vigilanty impersonation.

edited May 2015
    fintail said:

Twist of the wrist, too often launching one of those heavy things into a median or off a ramp. AFAIK, after the young set on supersportbikes, the next highest casualty group is mature riders on heavy machines.

I like how the "outlaws" are often middle aged accountant and pharmacist types :)

ruking1 said:

Yes, BUT no.

..."In two-vehicle crashes, 75 percent of the motorcycles involved in motor vehicle traffic crashes collided with the vehicles in the front of them. Only 7 percent were struck in the rear."...

The NHTSA has noted for any number of years , the epidemic qualities of both the motor bikes's accidents and fatalities rates. http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/812035.pdf

This is against the back drop of some of the LOWEST PVF accidents and fatalities rates, since they have been recording them.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,150
    ruking1 said:

..."In two-vehicle crashes, 75 percent of the motorcycles involved in motor vehicle traffic crashes collided with the vehicles in the front of them. Only 7 percent were struck in the rear."...

In this region there are little yellow stickers that people put on their cars tell others to Watch Out for Motorcycles, implying that other drivers cause the motorcycle accidents. Some people even have
    yellow yard signs like campaign posters on wire holders.

Sounds like the data shows that motorcyclists should watch out for cars!!!! LOL.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,150
    edited May 2015
    Had an inconsiderate driver in small sleepy town pull out in front of me last night. She stopped at sign on side street, but seemed to start to move. I hit the brights and that scared her when she realized she was pulling out
    in front of a car she hadn't seen.

Luckily I was NOT speeding and was going about 30 in 35 zone on highway. I was alert as she started to move out and hit brakes and bright lights. I can't believe how short my leSabre stopped. I would have hit her possibly if she had slammed on brakes after starting to turn toward me onto highway. But she hit the gas and instead of making left turn toward me, she went straight across; that left more distance between us.

I cranked wheels left and followed her to get her license plate number. Then continued on my way down the sleepy highway HOPING that the LEO would be at a typical place running radar on out-of-towners at south end of town. I was going to suggest he might patrol more and remind this young girl's parents that she needs to be careful.

I saw no cellphone. AND the LEO was not in his money-making spot. The small town has a fancy police car with license reading cameras on both sides of trunk. Town of 4500 with 1 McDonalds and 1 stoplight. Really nothing more going for it now. But the LEO is always out looking for speeds on the 2 highways through town. LOL

Time for portable camera in dash that I can move between two cars.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

edited May 2015

ruking1 said:

In this region there are little yellow stickers that people put on their cars tell others to Watch Out for Motorcycles, implying that other drivers cause the motorcycle accidents. Some people even have

Sounds like the data shows that motorcyclists should watch out for cars!!!! LOL.

I would also agree!

I think there is also a scam (i.e., insurance) going on, but I do not know the details. Because of the FALSE narrative/s, that you cite, I surmise many to a majority of motor bike riders carry inadequate to NO insurance/s. So in those accidents and fatalities segments, the "deeper pockets" are usually the car drivers. This gets falsely converted to: now it is always the car's fault until the motor bike is proven @ fault, WAY beyond reasonable doubt.

In fact, IF they should (CA) codify/ies so called "lane splitting", it should be legal for CARS to be able to split lanes with motorcycles ! The majority of the time, it is initiated or done by motorcycles TO cars! My anecdotal experiences seem to be that most to all motorcycle drivers do not like it @ all !! ???? I wonder why? :D

I also think its about time bicycle riders carry insurance/s also. I know that in cities and rural popular hiking and biking and equestrian trails, there are simmering animosities and accidents caused by bicycle riders that go unfunded. Bike riders routinely scoff @ traffic laws.
    ruking1 said:

ruking1 said:

I would also agree!

I think there is also a scam (i.e., insurance) going on, but I do not know the details. Because of the FALSE narrative/s, that you cite, I surmise many to a majority of motor bike riders carry inadequate to NO insurance/s. So in those accidents and fatalities segments, the "deeper pockets" are usually the car drivers. This gets falsely converted to: now it is always the car's fault until the motor bike is proven @ fault, WAY beyond reasonable doubt.

In fact, IF they should (CA) codify/ies so called "lane splitting", it should be legal for CARS to be able to split lanes with motorcycles ! The majority of the time, it is initiated or done by motorcycles TO cars! My anecdotal experiences seem to be that most to all motorcycle drivers do not like it @ all !! ???? I wonder why? :D

I also think its about time bicycle riders carry insurance/s also. I know that in cities and rural popular hiking and biking and equestrian trails, there are simmering animosities and accidents caused by bicycle riders that go unfunded. Bike riders routinely scoff @ traffic laws.
    The bicycle rider's Homeowner policy automatically covers his Liability exposure unless used commercially.

Again the issues, are same : inadequate to NO insurance.
    Seems to me I'm just coming off a case where 2 insurance giants colluded and conspired to complicate subrogation when I always have first right to be made whole. They both know I have the right to be made whole first, but that didn't stop them from colluding and conspiring against me to get me the least amount of money as far down the road from the date of the accident as possible.

I'm not happy with my Small Claims judge, but at least he was able to admit he was mistaken in his first award ruling judgment.