Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2006 Malibu Maxx SS transmission only goes forward in manual.

durathvauldurathvaul Member Posts: 1
edited June 2015 in Chevrolet
The car shifts into reverse fine but there is no motion in drive. When I shift to "M", I am able to drive forward using the manual shift buttons on the gear shifter. Is it a wire or electronic issue so I have some idea when I take it to a shop.

Answers

• eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209

sounds likely that the root cause will be a simple mechanical/external switch mechanism adjustment rather than internal issue with the transmission - hopefully that will cost less than the alternatives... ps - i always comment positively on the malibu maxx - and especially the SS. the malibu maxx SS may be the closest thing we'll ever get to a Pacer SS!

• trvlr04trvlr04 Member Posts: 1

The car shifts into reverse fine but there is no motion in drive. When I shift to "M", I am able to drive forward using the manual shift buttons on the gear shifter. Is it a wire or electronic issue so I have some idea when I take it to a shop.

Having this exact same issue with a Malibu Maxx recently given to me by my inlaws.. what ended up being the problem?
  • richard0923richard0923 Member Posts: 1
    Having same issue on 2006 chevy Malibu ss and luck on what fixed the problem