Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    abacomike said:

driver100 said:

look at your condo like a car. Make sure it is what you want, and it fits your needs and makes you happy. And don't buy just on price!
    Look at it like a car. You mean he is going to trade it in every 6 months?

You guys are pulling my good leg, right?

Painter gave me a price of $1500 including paint, repairs and labor.  That is for the whole apartment:

Master Bedroom+3 closets+Bathroom
    My Bedroom+1 closet
    Living Room 
    Dining Room
    Guest Bathroom + bathtub area 
    Kitchen
    Dining Area in Kitchen + pantry

It sounded like a fair price.  It takes him 2-1/2 days to complete the job.  He and his helper move all furniture as necessary.  Place hasn't been painted in 10 years.

So, for an investment of $5400, I have a beautiful apartment that increased in value by $20,000+ in just a few weeks.

In the next year, I have to decide whether I want to put in new vanities, toilets and sinks and mirrors as well as new kitchen countertops and cabinets.  I am hesitant to invest any more money into this place because it is quite livable after all the improvements.  The plumbing is sound and there are no cabinet doors in the kitchen hanging on their hinges.

Michael - that looks like a pretty good return on your investment.

In the house we are in the process of selling, we replaced all the light fixtures and mirrors in each of our three bathrooms - the 'builder grade' items were simply not acceptable to us. Made a pretty big difference in the look of those rooms.

We've kept the original cabinets and countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms - didn't seem worth the money to replace those items in a home that is considered "entry level" for Colorado.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    edited August 2015
    driver100 said:

Hey! Why is he standing in front of a Mustang saying those things? :@

As to a muscle car fixing my...ahem...equipment...I'll have you know that one younger woman at work has already invited me to take her out partying as long as I bring the new car. ;)

(She's probably hoping I'll fall asleep early and she can have her way with my car)
    You mean she is mainly interested in the car and not you.........it can't be.

Looks like you have learned one of life's valuable lessons.

Learned that lesson a long time ago. That's why years ago when I found a woman who could tolerate me, I held on to her like grim death.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

qbrozen said:

T&C is back at the dealership again today. They changed their story a bit and told me it is a bad ballast, not "headlight computer."

I got an email about 2:30am that someone from FL purchased my Fit off Ebay. Hmmmm...

I assume that you had it listed on Ebay as well as CL. Otherwise you will have to explain that to me.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    abacomike said:

driver100 said:

look at your condo like a car. Make sure it is what you want, and it fits your needs and makes you happy. And don't buy just on price!

Painter gave me a price of $1500 including paint, repairs and labor.  That is for the whole apartment:

My Bedroom+1 closet
    Living Room 
    Dining Room
    Kitchen

It sounded like a fair price.  It takes him 2-1/2 days to complete the job.  He and his helper move all furniture as necessary.  Place hasn't been painted in 10 years.

So, for an investment of $5400, I have a beautiful apartment that increased in value by $20,000+ in just a few weeks.

In the next year, I have to decide whether I want to put in new vanities, toilets and sinks and mirrors as well as new kitchen countertops and cabinets.  I am hesitant to invest any more money into this place because it is quite livable after all the improvements.  The plumbing is sound and there are no cabinet doors in the kitchen hanging on their hinges.

Soon after the paint you will have to do something about the bathroom and kitchen. The bad thing about remodeling is that the spruced up areas make the rest of the house look dull and dingy.

Two days ago we replaced our master bedroom toilet. And all of a sudden the rest of the bathroom looks drab and needs updating. Don't know what a new bathroom costs these days but I know it will not be cheap.

By the way, the toilet is an inexpensive Glacier Bay model from Home Depot. It is dual flush needing only 1.1 gallons per flush. Now that's what I call efficiency from our previous 3.6 gpf. Oh, how has technology changed.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    bwia said:

Two days ago we replaced our master bedroom toilet. And all of a sudden the rest of the bathroom looks drab and needs updating. Don't know what a new bathroom costs these days but I know it will not be cheap.

Isn't that always the case? You change one thing, then it leads to another, then another ...

We redid our master bath years ago on the cheap. New light fixture, mirrors and faucets only. I think about $500-600 total. Then later we used the leftover tile from the downstairs projects and tiled as well. We talked about vanities and countertops and replacing the shower/tub but never got past the discussion stage.

At the new house, we have a 5 piece master bath - but the shower is tiny. At some point, wife wants to remove the shower and tub and replace them with a large two person shower with multiple showerheads. Lucky we have a spare bathroom to use when this project gets started - I suspect sooner rather than later.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2015
    bwia said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

My Bedroom+1 closet
    Living Room 
    Dining Room
    Kitchen

"Soon after the paint you will have to do something about the bathroom and kitchen. The bad thing about remodeling is that the spruced up areas make the rest of the house look dull and dingy.

By the way, the toilet is an inexpensive Glacier Bay model from Home Depot. It is dual flush needing only 1.1 gallons per flush. Now that's what I call efficiency from our previous 3.6 gpf. Oh, how has technology changed."

That is why I am very hesitant to replace any fixtures either of the two bathrooms. They work well and that is all that counts. The sinks and vanities are very, very old and faded, but who cares. I am not trying to impress anyone with "gorgeous" bathrooms. As long as they function for showering, shaving, and sh---ing!

I have a contract with an appliance maintenance company which costs $355 per year. They cover lighting fixtures and ballasts, all plumbing, toilets, all kitchen appliances (fridge, oven, washer/dryer, garbage disposal, etc.). It's a must when you live in a Condo and the cost is very reasonable. This year alone both toilets internal mechanisms had to be replaced as did one of the stove's burners.

2021 Genesis G90

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    abacomike said:

I have a beautiful apartment that increased in value by $20,000+ in just a few weeks.

Sounds like you chose colors and textures in a way to make it attractive, based on the real estate salesperson's opinions. Do what we did after we bought our home in this area. I'd spend some time going to open houses when others in the large group of condos you said you live in put theirs up for sale. Look at how they've done their bathrooms or kitchens. Perhaps go to some open houses at condos outside your group.

I think you'll find you're well satisfied with your accommodations or you'll find you liked certain things (take pictures with your phone) that you would like to incorporate in your home doing one bath or kitchen at a time.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Still waiting to get my car back from the dealership. They've had it for a solid week now, but the wheels have not yet arrived back at the dealership. They were expecting them today but then they have to mount my tires back on the wheels, rebalance them and make sure the tire pressure monitors are reset properly. So they said that if they get the wheels back later in the day, I should have my car back by tomorrow afternoon sometime. I am certainly not going to hold my breath on this.

I have learned one thing through this experience - I am going to go over my car with a magnifying lens and fine toothed comb every time I take it in for a wash. Truly a shame that I have to do that, but I just cannot trust their valet service to care for my car properly.

If I order a 2017 E Class in January or February, I am going to make sure that I do no order similar wheels. I will settle for the standard rims (which are not bad looking) but will want summer high performance tires put on the car because my car handles and corners so much better with these summer tires.

2021 Genesis G90

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,935

I assume that you had it listed on Ebay as well as CL. Otherwise you will have to explain that to me.

Yes.

This morn, I kicked it to the top of the CL pile and almost immediately had a guy email me saying "I offered you $12,700 for this car through ebay. Are you ready to consider that offer now?"

Nope.

He seemed a bit upset with my reply, telling me how he could get a new one for just a few grand more. I wrote back that I think that is a very good idea and he should go do that, and I'm sure someone out there is going to LIKE getting a 20% discount for a car with 7k miles on it. He then upped it to a generous $13k.

Nope.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

As I promised, I wanted to provide everyone with an update on my experiences with Windows 10.

Well, I've been using Windows 10 now for 7 days and have found it to be far superior in terms of performance and speed when compared to Windows 7. My 6 year old HP PC with the first I7 Processor from Intel (12 Gigs of RAM) is performing like it did when I first got it. Start-up is 3-4 times faster than with Windows 7. I have to admit that I am very, very impressed with this new operating system. Truly a marvelous entry from Microsoft.

My Windows Update automatically downloads the latest updates - and there have been several sizable ones - and the operating system seems to work flawlessly.

For once Microsoft has finally developed a great piece of software.

2021 Genesis G90

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,517
    My car wash guy is 100% accountable for all damages.

Of course, it happens to be me.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    stickguy said:

My car wash guy is 100% accountable for all damages.

Of course, it happens to be me.

I used to have a car wash guy like that... but, he is too darn lazy to wash the car, so I had to go back to getting it done at the car wash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    kyfdx said:
    My car wash guy is 100% accountable for all damages. Of course, it happens to be me.
    I used to have a car wash guy like that... but, he is too darn lazy to wash the car, so I had to go back to getting it done at the car wash.
    Good help is hard to find anymore.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Mine just stays dirty. My excuse for this house is that I live down a dirt road. In the UP I had snow and slush 9 months out of the year. In Boise, a long gravel driveway.
  • sb55sb55 Member Posts: 616
    stever said:

Mine just stays dirty. My excuse for this house is that I live down a dirt road. In the UP I had snow and slush 9 months out of the year. In Boise, a long gravel driveway.

Me too. I live 1.3 miles from pavement. It's either dust or mud. I have a pressure washer and that's the normal way I wash. I get a detail about 1/year just to get the worst of it off.

2021 Toyota Venza Limited Hybrid, 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi, 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976
    edited August 2015
    abacomike said:

bwia said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

I have a contract with an appliance maintenance company which costs $355 per year. They cover lighting fixtures and ballasts, all plumbing, toilets, all kitchen appliances (fridge, oven, washer/dryer, garbage disposal, etc.). It's a must when you live in a Condo and the cost is very reasonable.
    This year alone both toilets internal mechanisms had to be replaced as did one of the stove's burners.

abacomike"><
    I
    I have a contract with an appliance maintenance company which costs $355 per year. They cover lighting fixtures and ballasts, all plumbing, toilets, all kitchen appliances (fridge, oven, washer/dryer, garbage disposal, etc.). It's a must when you live in a Condo and the cost is very reasonable.
    This year alone both toilets internal mechanisms had to be replaced as did one of the stove's burners.
    Wait! You pay $355 in advance and then you question me buying a $20 prepaid Tim's card?

Just joking....I get it, especially if you are like me and can't fix anything.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

edited August 2015
    @driver100:

Driver, it's more than repairs - if they can't repair the washer/dryer, the fridge, the dishwasher, the oven/stove, a fluorescent light fixture, etc., they replace the appliance or fixture with a new one.  It's for repairs as well as replacement - a kind of insurance policy as well.

2021 Genesis G90

driver100 said:

I wonder what is happening with GG's car?
    It is now day 4.....and the4y haven't been able to find out what the problem is....in a brand new car!
    I wonder if they have found any "codes"?
    How can you explain not being able to fix a brand new car with only a few 1000 miles on it?

Day 7 (including today and the weekend of the Cadillac CTS being out of commission. No word on what's wrong.....no word on a fix....no word when they expect it to be done.

Bad gas.....I mentioned I only used Premium Tier 1 gas.....normally from Costco, sometimes (and only rarely), I use BP or Shell premium....both tier 1. Both guaranteed. Personally, I think spending time exploring the possibility of bad gas is a waste of time.
    That gas thing is just really reaching. I almost never hear of it happening these days. I think it used to happen when water would seep into a tank, but most gas companies have learned it isn't worth the bad reputation, so they monitor their pumps.

Sounds more like "Since we can't find a code it must be something else". I think the dealer and GM are helping you to build a pretty solid case.

I am not slamming Cadillac. I would feel the same way no matter what kind of car it was if someone was treated like this. We don't know all the details and we only know what GG has told us, but, I think I have enough information to start forming opinions about what is going on.

I think they have built a lemon and don't want to admit it, and they sure don't know how to rectify it. They are probably sorry they ever towed the car in....now, they actually have to try to fix it before you can take it away.
    Do you still have the loaner and are they asking for it?

abacomike said:

@driver100:

Driver, it's more than repairs - if they can't repair the washer/dryer, the fridge, the dishwasher, the oven/stove, a fluorescent light fixture, etc., they replace the appliance or fixture with a new one.  It's for repairs as well as replacement - a kind of insurance policy as well.

There must be some fine print Mike. Like does it cost the same if your washing machine is 15 years old or 3 years old. If you had to replace one major appliance it would cost more than $355, so what's the rules regarding replacement, or will they just keep fixing until the appliance goes?

If they only do it on one year old appliances, they would probably get few calls for 10 years, but after 10 years they could be replacing everything. And how bad does it have to be to be replaced?

I have never seen a program like that offered in Canada. In Tampa there is a company that will fix any appliance for $199 a year.

This is my idea of a good CL car. I'm tempted since I just got the news that my son's 1993 Deville has terminal cancer of the subframe. My mechanic gives it a year tops.

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/5170085057.html

sb55 said:

stever said:

Me too. I live 1.3 miles from pavement. It's either dust or mud. I have a pressure washer and that's the normal way I wash. I get a detail about 1/year just to get the worst of it off.
    My rims also look like they've been worked on by Mike's dealer. :D

driver100 said:
    @driver100:

There must be some fine print Mike. Like does it cost the same if your washing machine is 15 years old or 3 years old. If you had to replace one major appliance it would cost more than $355, so what's the rules regarding replacement, or will they just keep fixing until the appliance goes? If they only do it on one year old appliances, they would probably get few calls for 10 years, but after 10 years they could be replacing everything. And how bad does it have to be to be replaced? I have never seen a program like that offered in Canada. In Tampa there is a company that will fix any appliance for $199 a year.
    I think there is a limit of $1000 on the washer and dryer.  The stove/oven limit is $500.  Dishwasher is $500.  Fridge is replaced with same or similar unit.

2021 Genesis G90

stever said:
    Mine weren't quite that bad, but...!  

2021 Genesis G90

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

I wonder what is happening with GG's car?
    It is now day 4.....and the4y haven't been able to find out what the problem is....in a brand new car!
    I wonder if they have found any "codes"?
    How can you explain not being able to fix a brand new car with only a few 1000 miles on it?

Day 7 (including today and the weekend of the Cadillac CTS being out of commission. No word on what's wrong.....no word on a fix....no word when they expect it to be done.

Bad gas.....I mentioned I only used Premium Tier 1 gas.....normally from Costco, sometimes (and only rarely), I use BP or Shell premium....both tier 1. Both guaranteed. Personally, I think spending time exploring the possibility of bad gas is a waste of time.
    That gas thing is just really reaching. I almost never hear of it happening these days. I think it used to happen when water would seep into a tank, but most gas companies have learned it isn't worth the bad reputation, so they monitor their pumps.

Sounds more like "Since we can't find a code it must be something else". I think the dealer and GM are helping you to build a pretty solid case.

I am not slamming Cadillac. I would feel the same way no matter what kind of car it was if someone was treated like this. We don't know all the details and we only know what GG has told us, but, I think I have enough information to start forming opinions about what is going on.

I think they have built a lemon and don't want to admit it, and they sure don't know how to rectify it. They are probably sorry they ever towed the car in....now, they actually have to try to fix it before you can take it away.
    Do you still have the loaner and are they asking for it?

Thanks Driver. We're in agreement. I can't fathom what might be wrog or what diagnosis/fix would take this long. They could have built a 10 brand new CTS' in their shop by now.

I'm stunned and truly at a loss for words as to how poorly I view Cacillac and their dealers.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,085
    Happy to report that my ATS and my dealer experience has been pretty much perfect 10 months in.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

edited August 2015
    ab348 said:

Happy to report that my ATS and my dealer experience has been pretty much perfect 10 months in.

And that is great ab and it seems many people would agree. I checked some reviews of 2014 cts and they are excellent........often the #1 choice.
    I am sure GG;s car is the exception to the rule. But, I wouldn't want to go thru what he has.

My next door neighbor that I haven't talked to in 3 years just got a new CTS. He is the guy who chopped down 6 40 ft spruce trees to build his swimming pool. I won't be asking him about his new car.

• fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    Mike. if you're trying to locate your wheels, make sure they didn't ship the to the wrong place and our now on GG's CTS...
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
    stever said:

sb55 said:

stever said:

Wow! Do you drive through puddles of acid or what?

Here's some good news: oil is down to about $42 a barrel. What a great time to own a bunch of V8s. :p

@oldfarmer50:

The price of oil is at its lowest level in 6 years but gas prices are 30-40 cents a gallon higher than they were 3-4 months ago.  Talk to me about owning V8's when PUG drops below $2.39 a gallon.

2021 Genesis G90

abacomike said:

As I promised, I wanted to provide everyone with an update on my experiences with Windows 10.

Well, I've been using Windows 10 now for 7 days and have found it to be far superior in terms of performance and speed when compared to Windows 7. My 6 year old HP PC with the first I7 Processor from Intel (12 Gigs of RAM) is performing like it did when I first got it. Start-up is 3-4 times faster than with Windows 7. I have to admit that I am very, very impressed with this new operating system. Truly a marvelous entry from Microsoft.

My Windows Update automatically downloads the latest updates - and there have been several sizable ones - and the operating system seems to work flawlessly.

For once Microsoft has finally developed a great piece of software.

I am slow to change but I like Windows 10. There are some things that will take time to adjust to, but once mastered W10 will be a big improvement. It seems to work more smoothly and intuitively.

I read where tablet sales are down. Many people tell me they like them for reading on and for travel, but they are hard to work on. I find my emails and even Edmunds stuff are hard to follow and work with....have no idea how to copy and paste for example.

But, W10 gets a big........

• robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805

Yep....must be the service guys "go to" excuse. Bad gas....hard to argue. What is "bad gas" to begin with? What makes it "bad". Low octane? Wrong solvents?

A few decades ago my mom bought a new Chevy and after a few months it basically gave up the ghost as she was going to work. She had it towed to the dealer and guess what they determined the issue was? Bad gas, turns out that the gas station she stopped at earlier had developed a crack in their tank and the gas got contaminated with water and dirt. The gas station owed up to it and told my mother to have the car towed to the and they would fix the engine.

My mother replied that the dealership will fix it and the gas station will pay the bill.
    If a station has dirt and water in it's tanks due to a crack, they have bigger issues than paying for repairs. They have a potential hazardous waste site to deal with.

There is a gas station in my town that is now branded as Speedway and was a Hess, Gibbs, and Exxon before that. Exxon still owns the station and they paid for major soil remediation 30 years ago due to a cracked tank. They are still on the hook for maintaining and testing monitoring wells downhill from the station near the high school football field and about 300' from wetlands.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    There is NEVER a bad time to own a V8

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

nyccarguy said:

There is NEVER a bad time to "DRINK A V8" but there are some bad times to own a V8 - like when PUG is running $4.99 a gallon. But to "turn a phrase", there is NEVER a bad time to drive a car with a V8 so long as someone else is paying for the gas!

2021 Genesis G90

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    if PUG is $4.99 per gallon, then RUG is how much - $4.49? $4.29? It is still going to cost you to fill up, so you might as well enjoy:)

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

nyccarguy said:
    if PUG is $4.99 per gallon, then RUG is how much - $4.49? $4.29? It is still going to cost you to fill up, so you might as well enjoy:)
    You do have a point, Bradd!

2021 Genesis G90

edited August 2015

Wow! Do you drive through puddles of acid or what?

We got this van in the UP and those are Michigan rims.

So to answer your question (and if you know how MI salts the winter roads), yes. :p

Slept on the patio last night. Saw one shooting star; my wife spotted four.
    Painter came just now so we could pick the colors for the condo.  Mostly a color called "alabaster" for bedrooms and living room and dining room.  Eggshell for the bathrooms, kitchen and closets.

It's going to be a nightmare Tuesday-Thursday, but when it's done, the place will be stupendous.

2021 Genesis G90

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I get around this buy owning a Mini Cooper and a Dodge Dakota 5.2/ V8. When gas goes up, I drive the Mini more; when gas goes down, I use the truck for work related biz. (better AC, nicer ride, better audio).

If I use them 50/50, then my average MPG is 24 mpg. Not too bad. And the truck runs on swill, while little french poodle Mini needs premium.
    abacomike said:

nyccarguy said:

There is NEVER a bad time to "DRINK A V8" but there are some bad times to own a V8 - like when PUG is running $4.99 a gallon. But to "turn a phrase", there is NEVER a bad time to drive a car with a V8 so long as someone else is paying for the gas!
    Mike, a major repaint is a great opportunity for more purging and organizing. you have to move or stow so much stuff, just get rid of more as you go through the process. I am sure though you already did a lot after your dad passed, but now you can put everything back the way you want it to be.

Day 9 and the CTS is still in the shop. They don't work on Sunday. So, 10 days on top of the nearly two weeks 2 dealerships have had the Cadillac previously, would convince Cadillac to buy this beat back, wouldn't it? Or, just continue to irritate their customer?

Seems it's the latter not the former.
    sad. but, certainly helping your case.

Day 9 and the CTS is still in the shop. They don't work on Sunday. So, 10 days on top of the nearly two weeks 2 dealerships have had the Cadillac previously, would convince Cadillac to buy this beat back, wouldn't it? Or, just continue to irritate their customer?

And, no progress report?

Have you called them to see what if anything they have found out?

Are they having trouble locating a code that caused the problem?

Are you keeping the XTS for now?

driver100 said:

And, no progress report?

Have you called them to see what if anything they have found out?

Are they having trouble locating a code that caused the problem?

Are you keeping the XTS for now?

YES, across the board.

My gut feel? They have no idea what's wrong without a trouble code and are just throwing parts at it hoping one will fix it. I mean, what's a new fuel line, a new ECM, a new fuel filter, new injectors, new power steering pump and rack, new plugs, new fuel rails, etc, etc, etc do you need to replace before you admit that the car is scrap and step up to the plate and do the right thing for your customer?

No matter....I'll take Cadillac to court and see what happens then. In the meantime, while people have asked me how I like the car (usually because they are considering one) I tell all of them to "stay away".
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324
    driver100 said:

I am sure GG;s car is the exception to the rule. But, I wouldn't want to go thru what he has.

I concur with that, but as I said before if I stayed away from every car make where I know someone that went through what GC is going through I would be walking everywhere.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324

Here's some good news: oil is down to about $42 a barrel. What a great time to own a bunch of V8s. :p

The bad news in my neck of the woods is that there was some big issue with a local refinery and that a pipeline had trouble. Gas shot up something like 85 cents a gallon around here almost overnight.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

So do they still want the loaner back? Make sure the tires are all bald by the time you return it.

The bad news in my neck of the woods is that there was some big issue with a local refinery and that a pipeline had trouble. Gas shot up something like 85 cents a gallon around here almost overnight.
    Glad I filled the Stang up yesterday with Mobil premium @$2.90. That might not seem low to you but here in the Vampire State it's positively giving it away.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    I've been filling up my Fusion and Escape with premium grade. The Mustang gets regular unleaded.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

So do they still want the loaner back? Make sure the tires are all bald by the time you return it.
    oldfarmer...they haven't mentioned anything about returning the loaner like they did the last time. None of this matters to me at this juncture though. They could replace every part of the car. This CTS is still a lemon. They just keep proving it, over and over and over again.

oldfarmer...they haven't mentioned anything about returning the loaner like they did the last time. None of this matters to me at this juncture though. They could replace every part of the car. This CTS is still a lemon. They just keep proving it, over and over and over again.
    I wonder if they have someone working on it from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. or closing time?

The poor guy, he's probably running out of things he can check.

I wonder if they emptied the gas tank and tried some new gasoline?

They should drop in a new engine and tell you it is fixed.