Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ford Freestyle Transmission Failure

12346»

Comments

• Options
    cfenschcfensch Member Posts: 3
    I am heartbroken.

Three months ago, we sold my wife's 2001 Ford Explorer and purchased a 2007 Ford Freestyle for my wife. My wife has had Multiple Sclerosis for 17 years. There are very few vehicles that she can actually get in and out of to drive...the Ford Freestyle was an ideal choice for her.

The Freestyle we purchased has only 43,000 and a clean Carfax report. She's only put 800 miles on it since we bought it. Last week, the transmission gave out. We were quoted anywhere from $1,200 to $5,000 from our local Ford dealer to take care of it...something we simply cannot afford because we are a one-income family, and we still owe on the vehicle.

I opened a case with Ford to beg for some financial assistance to get it taken care of. Today, we found out that they are unable to provide any. My wife no longer has a vehicle to drive, and I have to use mine to get to work. We don't have a third vehicle.

This is a horrible blow to my family. I have had many Ford vehicles in my life, and I have never heard of a problem like this. I am at a total loss as to what to do. I would certainly like to hear some sort of response from Ford other than "we have nothing to offer you to help get it taken care of."

I have owned many Fords, and have never had any problems like this...especially with a vehicle with only 43,000 miles on it. I've been loyal to the brand (and by the way, I work for a Chevrolet dealership). It's not an isolated incident. There are many, many Ford Freestyles out there with this problem.

Trying to figure out what to do next....