Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    brian125 said:

Michaell said:

brian125 said:

@stever I'm back from my winter golf excursion in SC. The Honda forums will never be the same :worried:

Looks like the 2016 Accord forums are no longer swamped with buyers. There's to much good competition in the midsize market right now.

@brian125 - spread a little love to the other lease forums. Your strategies and suggestions will work well everywhere, not just for Hondas.

I get that you don't know pricing of, say, the Nissan Maxima quite as well, but still....
    @Michaell condolence again about Dad hope you and your family are doing ok . Its was really something special to read all the well wishes and support from the Edmunds family members.

Your a good man Mr. Mike............. you are blessed .

Any lost souls in the Car buying world tell them to look me up. If I don't know pricing in there state I will help them make the best possible deal.

Depending on vehicle and area............ deals I helped negotiate or purchase members are in luck with me giving them a good solid target price. East Coast buyers can leverage 3 ,4 or 5 states for best pricing if they don't mind traveling. . Single states are harder.

Years ago I was well versed in most vehicles and pricing due to the large volume of vehicles I help family, friends, and friends of friends buy/ lease. 10, 15, 20 vehicles in some months is a lot I'd say. I did it for Sport. Whoever would email me I would help. I love the art of Negotiation . Finding good deals always came easy for me.
    I have since removed my email info and no longer due this. Hundreds and hundreds of buyers looking for help . I have folks who still email me from 25 years ago asking about deals in there area. Now that I'm getting older and slowing down whatever limited models I buy or help family / friends I will pass on my findings to those looking for help.
    @brian125 - thanks for the positive thoughts. I still think about my dad every day.

And, I do understand your position on all of this. You've helped a great many folks on these boards over the years.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited March 2016
    run3056 said:

Hi Stever,
    I'm in Philadelphia and received a quote of 25,825 on a 2016 CR-V EX AWD. After reading many of the quotes detailed on this blog, it seems that I have not received a fair price. What do you think? I plan to wait until the 30th or 31st to purchase. What do you believe is a fair price in the Philadelphia Metro area? Thank you!

I don't think your area is quite as good as MD/VA (oops, posted before reading @brian125's post, so I'm in agreement). For pricing, I see invoice of $26,526, MSRP of $28,195 with the average price paid (TMV) of $27,058.

So your quote is $700 below invoice. Not great but not too shabby and certainly better than the average.

Another $300 off would be nice to see, and asking for "final" quotes at month end is a good plan.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    ronweb36 said:

I'm shopping for a white EX-L FWD with black interior in the Cleveland, OH area. I was offered a price of $26,972 (including destination) from a local dealer a couple weeks ago, but it seems that they can't even locate one to be delivered within our region. This particular dealer does have an AWD version of the exact vehicle I want and offered a price of $28,100 (including destination) today on that. Invoice seems to be $28,819 and TMV is $29,333.

This seems like a good deal, but I get the feeling there is still room for negotiation here and I haven't countered yet. However, I am trading in a vehicle as well and am going to ask the dealer to come up $500 from their best offer on that about a week ago. I am thinking of countering with an offer of $27,700 for the CR-V, with the thinking that since I am planning to purchase a HondaCare VSC for $799 to take the powertrain and bumper-to-bumper out longer, the total purchase price including that will be $28,500.

Does this seem logical? Doesn't the dealer make an incentive from selling a HondaCare VSC? If so, it seems plenty fair to ask the dealer to come down a combined total of $900 in the form of a discount and larger trade-in credit.

Hi @ronweb36 and thanks for the kind words.

I think you could justify an AWD in Ohio without taking much of a mpg hit. And your resale up there would be better.

On to your deal, the price sounds okay and there probably is room for the dealer to give you more on the trade (the dealer should make more money selling your used car than selling the new CR-V). And yes, the dealer will make money on the HondaCare.

I like your strategy - it's a win/win for you and the dealer. Let's hope the dealer sees it that way too. :) Good luck!
  • Options
    @

Bought a 2016 CRV EX-L FWD in Dallas area last week.
    selling price - $26417 (incl destination)
    Doc fees - $210
    Just wanted to thank all of you for sharing your buying experiences.

Congrats and thanks for posting your deal details!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    okk1 said:

I agree - everyone's been a great help here!

Stupid question but I see numbers on the CRV EX that say:

Factory Invoice $24,409
    Regional Fees $244
    Destination Fees $900
    Total $25,553

Now, when people are saying "Invoice Pricing", does it include destination fees? Under this example, would "invoice" be 24,409 or 25,309?

I'm trying to figure out how much I am getting off "invoice" based on how everyone is referencing the term, and it seems like $500 off the "Factory Invoice" then becomes $1,400 off if we exclude destination....

Great question and a recurring source of confusion. You can't avoid destination so it'd be nice if everyone just included it as part of the invoice price (note how that would make invoice practically the same as MSRP - the manufacturers have been narrowing that gap for years now so that "invoice" doesn't really mean all that much anymore. The profit is hidden in bonus money that we never learn about).

When you price out a car here with the Make | Model dropdown, the destination will be broken out but the bottom line TMV includes destination. It's best if everyone just includes destination in their invoice number but you can't assume that everyone does.

You have to be careful of screamer ads that are selling cars at invoice since the fine print often excludes destination and other fees. Like that "regional fee" - what is that? If you mean the TMV "regional adjustment", that number reflects the higher prices found in your zip code. If it something else, like an ad fee, that's fine, but it helps to know what it is.

And even though the fee is "fine", you can still try to negotiate it away.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Welcome back @brian125. Thanks again for all your posts. Not only do we get to enjoy spending other people's money but the sport really comes into play when someone saves a few bucks.
  • Options
    As you visit or negotiate with the dealers, you can contact Edmunds for real time help. We have a team working out of the home office seven days a week to help you with your car questions. It's called Live Advice and it's free. You can reach team members by phone, text, email, chat, tweet and sometimes I think they respond to ESP!

Details here:

Live Help at Edmunds.com

Hours are 8 to 5 Pacific.
  • Options
    texaskidtexaskid Member Posts: 2

Bryan,

I was going to send out the below e-mail but there seems to be a factory Invoice difference between True Car "$29,288" and Edmunds "$28,107" for 2016 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD with Navigation in Texas. I was going to start out negotiating $ 1,000 below factory invoice. Which one is more realistic? TrueCar, or Edmunds.

You can earn my business today for $28,288 for a 2016 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD with Navigation.. No other options added. This price includes the 900 destination charge and excludes.......................... taxes, doc fee , dmv fee's . I will buy vehicle from you today. Do you want the sale?
  • Options
    okk1okk1 Member Posts: 18
    stever said:

okk1 said:

I agree - everyone's been a great help here!

Stupid question but I see numbers on the CRV EX that say:

Factory Invoice $24,409
    Regional Fees $244
    Destination Fees $900
    Total $25,553

Now, when people are saying "Invoice Pricing", does it include destination fees? Under this example, would "invoice" be 24,409 or 25,309?

I'm trying to figure out how much I am getting off "invoice" based on how everyone is referencing the term, and it seems like $500 off the "Factory Invoice" then becomes $1,400 off if we exclude destination....

Great question and a recurring source of confusion. You can't avoid destination so it'd be nice if everyone just included it as part of the invoice price (note how that would make invoice practically the same as MSRP - the manufacturers have been narrowing that gap for years now so that "invoice" doesn't really mean all that much anymore. The profit is hidden in bonus money that we never learn about).

When you price out a car here with the Make | Model dropdown, the destination will be broken out but the bottom line TMV includes destination. It's best if everyone just includes destination in their invoice number but you can't assume that everyone does.

You have to be careful of screamer ads that are selling cars at invoice since the fine print often excludes destination and other fees. Like that "regional fee" - what is that? If you mean the TMV "regional adjustment", that number reflects the higher prices found in your zip code. If it something else, like an ad fee, that's fine, but it helps to know what it is.

And even though the fee is "fine", you can still try to negotiate it away.
    Ah - ok. Then if I am getting an OTD of 26.4 or so, that usually means about a $24,000 sale price, which then would be about $1300 off invoice and a "winner" in your book.

• Options
    ykrussykruss Member Posts: 14
    Hi guys,

I started negotiation for CRV EX FWD yesterday, probably to early. I am not in rush but would like to use the end of month and 1st quarter to my advantage.

The dealer's offer is $26,023.59 OTD that they itemized like this:

MSRP: $25,845
    Discount: $2,453
    Sonic Price: $23,392
    Freight: $900
    Processing Fee: $599
    Tax: $1,020.53
    Tag: $69.75
    VA State Business Tax: $42.31
    Total: $26,023.59

My counteroffer is $24,847 OTD which I based on $1500 of invoice not MSRP.
    They didn't reply to me yesterday nor today (all my communications are through email)

So, is $1150 to big of a gap?
  • Options
    Forgot to mention - I am in Northern Virginia area.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    You're still in NoVa @ykruss? That's usually a pretty aggressive area so yeah, $1,500 invoice would not be unusual.

That $599 processing fee is about $450 too high too. ;)
  • Options
    Thanks, Stever.

Yeah, I am still in NoVa, will be trading my Honda Element 2005 that I bought with this forum help 10 years ago.

Stever, so you think my price is doable and all I have to do is just wait - there are still 6 days in this month.

• Options
    Waiting is the toughest part. But the end of the month is where the best deals are. On the other hand - sales continue to blow the doors off. Some dealers may have already gathered in a bunch of bonus money. CR-V sales are so hot they are trying to add production in Ohio.

In other words, the ol' crystal ball is a little bit fuzzy.

I think you are in a strong position though, plus your trade-in is a cult car and the dealer will easily be able to flip it at a nice profit. The doggie crowd still loves them.

Are you shopping quotes? That could help you make up your mind.

(Sorry if you've said some of this already, it's been a busy day here and I'm behind).
  • Options
    "Are you shopping quotes?" - No I don't :)

I have my number and am sticking to it.
  • Options
    That seems to be ballpark what I have getting but I don't have those processing fees added, and CA taxes seem WAY higher than VA!

• Options
    edited March 2016
    I am totally ignoring processing fee and only negotiating OTD.

VA car tax is 4.1%
  • Options
    Rock and Roll! Keep us posted.
  • Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited March 2016
    texaskid said:

Bryan,

I was going to send out the below e-mail but there seems to be a factory Invoice difference between True Car "$29,288" and Edmunds "$28,107" for 2016 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD with Navigation in Texas. I was going to start out negotiating $ 1,000 below factory invoice. Which one is more realistic? TrueCar, or Edmunds.

You can earn my business today for $28,288 for a 2016 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD with Navigation.. No other options added. This price includes the 900 destination charge and excludes.......................... taxes, doc fee , dmv fee's . I will buy vehicle from you today. Do you want the sale?

The correct number is @Edmunds $28,107 . I use Nada pricing. There invoice price is usually 1 dollar lower than Edmunds.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2016/Honda/CR-V/2WD-5dr-EX-L-w-Navi/Pricing

Don't forget above price Excludes the $900 destination charge

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    run3056run3056 Member Posts: 2
    brian125 said:

run3056 said:

Hi Stever,
    I'm in Philadelphia and received a quote of 25,825 on a 2016 CR-V EX AWD. After reading many of the quotes detailed on this blog, it seems that I have not received a fair price. What do you think? I plan to wait until the 30th or 31st to purchase. What do you believe is a fair price in the Philadelphia Metro area? Thank you!

Don't make the mistake thinking cause other states are getting lower pricing you could get the same in Philly . It does not work that way. If you travel to another state you may make a similar deal as advertised .

Philly market pricing on CRV's are not as good as other area's. A good sound low and high Target price range for Philly is $600 to 1200 below invoice price plus any incentives and rebates that apply to you. Your above price is 700 below invoice. If you find a dealer looking for 1st quarter sales numbers you will do a lot better. that's why you need to get more dealerships involved in the price wars.

While you waiting for the end of the month target 10 / 20 dealers where your willing to travel to buy. Maybe a out of state purchase like M.D. which has better pricing on Crv's . Might be worth the 2 hr drive . On march, 30th start your negotiations thru emails and calls to dealerships int / mgrs. Below is what you say.

Example : Every email and call to dealerships sounds like this.......................... You can earn my business today for $25,325 for a 2016 EX, awd model. No other options added. This price includes the 900 destination charge and excludes.......................... taxes, doc fee , dmv fee's . I will buy vehicle from you today. Do you want the sale? Consider a counter offer but let each dealership know X-price gets it done that moment. . Then leave you number and call the next dealer go down your targeted list.

If you try for a lower below invoice number you need to pit dealers against each other.

2016 CRV Ex, awd models invoice = $25,625 plus 900 dest/ charge = $26,525. minus your target price off this number. 1000, 1200,1500, then use that number to negotiate with all your targeted dealerships. Be firm,negotiate hard. Folks who buy this way at the end of march have the upper hand / price leverage with dealers.

Try Edmunds TMV pricing and True-car pricing as a pricing guide..............Good luck
    @brian125

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide such a great detailed response. It is very much appreciated. A trip a Maryland is definitely doable to take advantage of the additional savings. Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    btw @ykruss, the posters in the Real World Trade-In Values discussion can tell you what number to expect from a dealer. At ten years of age, you may do better selling it yourself, even with potential tax break losses if your state gives you a credit against the purchase price.

But that can be a hassle.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Thanks Stever, I posted my trade-in question.

The first offer came as $26,068 OTD.
    And after half a day of negotiation I am at $25,347 OTD for EX FWD (no options) which is $500 up from my price but am not rushing it.
  • Options
    kentemankenteman Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2016
    I am in the Aurora/Naperville, Illinois area and got quoted this for a 2016 Honda Cr-V EX 2WD

Invoice-$25170
    My Price $24630

Sales Price (Destination Fee Included)-$24630
    Options I selected-$470
    Doc Fee-$166
    Sales Tax-$1771
    Plates-$196

OTD total $27261

Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I get $25,309 for invoice but either way your quote is a good amount below invoice (TMV for 60540 is $100 more than my invoice).

You could complain a bit about the doc fee (it's $100 too high) but yeah, looks like a good deal for your area. Kind of funny that Illinois limits the doc fee to $166 and I bet that's what every dealer tries to stick buyers with.

I guess I'd question the plates fee as well - that's a bit high per this chart but the chart is just a rough estimate.
  • Options
    kentemankenteman Member Posts: 6
    stever said:
    I get $25,309 for invoice but either way your quote is a good amount below invoice (TMV for 60540 is $100 more than my invoice). You could complain a bit about the doc fee (it's $100 too high) but yeah, looks like a good deal for your area. Kind of funny that Illinois limits the doc fee to $166 and I bet that's what every dealer tries to stick buyers with. I guess I'd question the plates fee as well - that's a bit high per this chart but the chart is just a rough estimate.
    Thanks for your help. This forum is a great tool!
  • Options
    viovioviovioviovio Member Posts: 2
    Hey, I am looking to buy a CRV LX by the end of this month (no additional selections). I stumbled upon this forum while I was doing my last minute research.  So at my dealership (West Chester PA 19380), during our initial test drive they gave us the following:

Sale price: 24950 (but judging from what they were saying, i am pretty sure I can get to 24000 at least).
    There was no obvious destination price or other things on the quote.
    tag: 157.15
    doc fee: 166
    PA TAX 6%

After reading things here, I feel like I should be able to get to 23k something for the car alone. What do you guys think? I know time is somewhat good ( end of quarter and end of month). Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    vioviovio said:

Hey, I am looking to buy a CRV LX by the end of this month (no additional selections). I stumbled upon this forum while I was doing my last minute research.  So at my dealership (West Chester PA 19380), during our initial test drive they gave us the following:

Sale price: 24950 (but judging from what they were saying, i am pretty sure I can get to 24000 at least).
    PA TAX 6%

After reading things here, I feel like I should be able to get to 23k something for the car alone. What do you guys think? I know time is somewhat good ( end of quarter and end of month). Thanks a lot!

Which LX model are you talking about...... Awd or Fwd ?

Was the $900 dest / charge included ?

Only you will know how low a deal you could make in PA. 1000 below dealers invoice on your model would be a excellent deal in PA if you could get it. . Make offers to 7 to 10 dealers see were pricing takes you.

If you could get 23k for the Lx awd model Invoiced @24,419 that would be $1419 below invoice.

• Options
    viovioviovioviovio Member Posts: 2
    Sorry to mention, it is an AWD. On the quote sheet they gave me, no mentioning of destination fee at all apparently.

brian125 said:

PA TAX 6%

Which LX model are you talking about...... Awd or Fwd ? Was the $900 dest / charge included ? Only you will know how low a deal you could make in PA. 1000 below dealers invoice on your model would be a excellent deal in PA if you could get it. . Make offers to 7 to 10 dealers see were pricing takes you. If you could get 23k for the Lx awd model Invoiced @24,419 that would be $1419 below invoice.

• Options
    fatalysisfatalysis Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2016
    fatalysis said:

Looking to purchase a 2016 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD (No Navigation) in Chicago, IL (60630). Stopped by the dealer that gave me the lowest e-price for a test drive and afterwards talked numbers. Here's what I received for OTD pricing:

OTD Pricing
    Sales Price: $26,998
    Destination Fee: $900
    Doc Fee: $169
    Sales Tax (9.5%): $2,667
    Title and License: $160
    OTD: $30,894

TMV Pricing
    Invoice: $28,834
    MSRP: $30,645
    TMV: $29,007

I tried to see if the dealer could drop the sales price any lower, but he said that their internet price is the lowest they could go. Does their pricing seem reasonable as is?

stever said:

Well, their sales price is really $26,998 plus the destination, so it's $27,898 before taxes and fees. That's still $1,000 below invoice though so it's a strong quote.

You could shop the quote around or wait until the end of the month, but you're doing fine right now. May as well get it and start enjoying the new ride. ;)

After meeting with a couple more dealers the last few weeks, I purchased the 2016 CR-V EX-L AWD in modern steel metallic for $27,213 this weekend. Added wheel locks, all weather floor liners and a cargo liner for $300, so paid a little over $27,500 plus doc and TTL.
  • Options
    Wow, you saved $500 off that quote - plenty to pay for your accessories. Nice going!
  • Options
    bea_2016bea_2016 Member Posts: 3
    vioviovio said:

PA TAX 6%

Hi first time buyer here, given for 2016 crv lx fwd 23445, i think i got a bad deal, said he lowered my interest rate thats why the price was still high, added security 
  • Options
    Hi im new here im thinking i got screwed cause we were rushing to buy a vehicle were first time buyers,  so dealer was negotiating the vehicle by the interest rate
    without realizing we were not informed what was the price we got for the vehicle.
    he said like we cant be approved for  low interest rate since we do not loans except for low credit card minimums,
    he quoted  me at 6.99%,  5.54% and how much the monthly payment will be having known what is our maximum monthly.. Offers after offers until we were  persuaded by an offer of 3.99% from 5.54% and monthly of $359 from our max of $350 for 72 months, and so we agreed to this term.
    Now im like we really didint get a good deal here because he initially said before we came to the dealership that $2000 was the rebate from dealers but then when he was negotiating the interest rate instead of the price.
    The vehicle is a 2016 honda crv lx fwd for $23445
    added security system for $995, additional $17/month 
    tax is 9%
    Total $27024 (including other fees) 
    Total financed less downpayment of $3000 is $24024 
    ended up $376/72 months @3.99% 

Im hoping to get a price match since i think i really didnt get the discount i wanted and was initially mentioned, and the security system i think wastoo expensive and could have bought the CRV SE instead which has the security system Thanks 

• Options
    You could go talk to your bank or credit union and see what rate you qualify for with them. Any ask about refinancing.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Thanks steve! Did i get a fair price for the vehicle? Aint the security system too high for 995?  they could negotiate that price too right?! Does does price match works? I am thinking i can get a credit for the price i got the vehicle for, 
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Everything is negotiable. :)

Invoice is $23,203 and TMV is $23,701. So your purchase price was a little bit better than average (around $300 better). Comparing MSRP to MSRP, it looks like Honda is charging $800 more for the SE with the security system plus whatever else comes with that trim.

You could always go into the store and complain to the GM. They may try to work with you to avoid you posting bad reviews everywhere or dinging the salesperson on their survey.

That said, you really didn't do too badly for a first time buyer (or even a tenth time buyer, lol), and a bit of buyer's remorse is perfectly normal. The second guessing eases every time you run to the store and get a dose of that new car smell. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @stever

Stever - just a quick update. I decided to pull the trigger after thinking about your and Brian's thoughts, especially your thought about how hard it was to locate a white version nearby. I ended up getting a 2016 White CRV EX instead of trying to haggle over an instock/overstocked vehicle in a color I didn't care for.

Price: $24,185 (including destination).
    Price OTD: $26,500.

I didn't think I did great, but I think I got a fair deal. Hopefully this helps the others out there.
  • Options
    Congrats! And you won't kick yourself every time you go into the garage and wind up hating the color.
  • Options
    rssaccrvrssaccrv Member Posts: 8
    So, I've tried to haggle over email and not getting any dealer to come down below $24998 (out the door $27500) for 2016 CRV EX AWD in Greater Sacramento area.

I was hoping to get them down to $27K out the door. But none of them have agreed so far. Will they agree to this price?

What tactics do you propose? does anyone have quotes from bay area or southern CA or any other place in California that I can use to get a match?

Any email wordings that I could use that would help?

I'd like to buy by March 31st....if possible.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Speak to all your targeted dealers int / mgrs. only. If there busy leave a message w/ number for a call back. Your message says . I'm buying a X model today and want to go over pricing for the sale today .

Example call to dealerships. : Hello dealer x..... who is your int/ mgr? Can I have his/ her email and number? Then connect me to him / her. Read below add to your conversation with MGRS>.

Call only or visit your targeted dealerships these next 2 days. Tell each dealer you have made offers to 10 area dealers with a X- price I buy today message. Who ever meets this price gets my business. Leave your contact info if no deal is struck that moment. You will get call backs.

Play out the next 2 days . The last 2 days going into the 31st is when the real negotiating and best pricing can be made.

Tell every dealer closest to you that other Honda dealers 60, 80 miles away will meet this price but you really don't want to travel that far if you don't have to. Put each dealerships int / mgr on the spot for the immediate sale tomorrow.

Make your best deal on the 31st out of your targeted dealerships if one is not met sooner.

• Options
    2016crvguy2016crvguy Member Posts: 5
    I picked up my 2016 CRV EX-L yesterday in Kona coffee color for 26088+taxes in bay area, CA.
    Taxes here are 10% flat+354$'s DMV +80$ documentation.
    Did i do good?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Congrats! FWD?

If you plug the EX-L and drivetrain into this link, you can find invoice and figure out by how much you beat that number.
  • Options
    Yeah it is FWD...
  • Options
    stever said:

Congrats! FWD?

If you plug the EX-L and drivetrain into this link, you can find invoice and figure out by how much you beat that number.

Seema i did good. TMV says 27656. i paid 26088. Taxes in my area are killing it though.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    So you're about 1600 bucks below invoice which is pretty good for San Fran/San Jose. And your doc fee is reasonable. Don't know if that's regulated by the state, but in lots of places that would have added a few hundred dollars to your OTD price.
  • Options
    stever said:

So you're about 600 bucks below invoice which is pretty good for San Fran/San Jose. And your doc fee is reasonable. Don't know if that's regulated by the state, but in lots of places that would have added a few hundred dollars to your OTD price.

More like 1530$'s below invoice. 26082 included the destination charge of 900$ as well.
  • Options
    You're right, I lost a thousand. Hate it when I do that (especially when I do that at the dealer). Edited my post. :)

That's kind of surprising since the Bay Area doesn't have a reputation for aggressive Honda prices. Maybe you hit a dealer at month end who needed to pad their numbers or maybe supply is beginning to outstrip demand. Either way, you've just lowered the bar for everyone out there - nice work!
  • Options
    Looks like they will come down to $27K out the door...2016 CRV EX AWD (in the color of my choice)....deal or no deal :)?

Remember CA taxes are exorbitant!!!!!
  • Options
    Yeah, you saved another $500 it looks like. Enjoy the new CR-V!
  • Options
    one more question before I go to the dealership tonite: extended warranty - yay or nay? if yes, how much should I pay?
  • Options
    Nay.

You have a factory warranty for at least three years, more on the drivetrain. I'd wait and see how the new car works out. When you near the expiration of the factory warranty, then you can decide if you will be keeping the CR-V for a decade or more and you'll have a good idea about the reliability of your particular one and how the electronics are holding up. At that point if it helps you sleep better, then go for a genuine Honda extended warranty.

But shop around online for one of those too. :)