Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda 323

14567810»

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    jangsong said:

Hey, i just bought a 1988 Mazda 323. it has 294k miles but still in very good condition. i was wondering if anyone knows a good exhaust system that fits and sounds good for my 323. I've been doing a lot of work on her and was thinking of replacing the exhaust.

I don't think you'll find an aftermarket part for a car that old, and if you could get a Mazda part, it would be prohibitively expensive. I found that out, when I tried to replace the exhaust on my 323 GTX in 1994.

Look for an independent custom exhaust shop. They can use generic parts to put together an exhaust system, and you can adjust for sound by picking the right muffler. (That's what I did in 1994.. lol)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I dont' see why a good muffler shop couldn't make something up for you, using custom pipes and maybe a Flowmaster muffler, like their Hushpower DBX series. You have to be careful that you pick a muffler than won't cause annoying "drone" in your car at highway speeds. Some smaller compacts of that era don't have very much sound insulation.

You could also go to http://www.borla.com/ and send in a request to see if they make something for your car.