Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Well, either you were mic'd, or did one hell of a good job researching it before you went there B)
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2016
    I've heard of dealers using the phone system to monitor conversations by remotely turning on the speaker mode. I'm always tempted to say some outrageous stuff in the cubicles.... :)

@murphydog, good luck! I forget, did you decide whether to swap out the wheels?
  • Options
    murphydogmurphydog Member Posts: 735
    @Stever - I have some chrome wheels on order, but they did not arrive in time.
  • Options
    Hard to believe the existing red wheels would be deal killers but there's no accounting for people's tastes. Chrome would be flashier for sure.
  • Options
    thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    Good luck@michaell! Knock 'em dead!
    +1.  Keeping good thoughts for you.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    Well today at the house was fulled with a lot of yelling, screaming and cursing. Yep you guessed it it was home improvement day. Replaced every faucet in the house except the one in the laundry room (but don't mention that to the wife lest she'll want that one changed too) and all the toilets. That's four bathroom faucets, three toilets (can't believe all three fit in the wife's Sonata) and one kitchen faucet.

That kitchen faucet was the worse, the nut under the sink holding the faucet in place was in an almost inaccessible spot. The nut trying to get at it found it was nearly impossible to get a wrench at it and when you could there was practically no room to turn the wrench (I think I invented new curse words getting that thing loose). Luckily the new faucet had a slightly different system to secured the faucet that required only finger tightening a nut like device then using screws to tighten it.

As I sit here enjoying a Leinekugel and looking at the kitchen the big problem I face is how to get all that stuff I took out from under the sink back under the sink.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    edited June 2016

That kitchen faucet was the worse, the nut under the sink holding the faucet in place was in an almost inaccessible spot. The nut trying to get at it found it was nearly impossible to get a wrench at it and when you could there was practically no room to turn the wrench (I think I invented new curse words getting that thing loose).

Did you have a basin wrench?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/TEKTON-11-in-Basin-Wrench-3-8-to-1-in-WRN92001/206994291?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|G|0|G-VF-PLA-D26P-Plumbing|&gclid=CNrMzeCpxM0CFQmRaQodI1MIpQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

It's final, Son #1 sold his '08 T&C with around 180K miles on it.

He calls the first guy and tells him about the van now having a new Chrysler rebuilt transmission and this dope says, "that's great, how about dropping your price $400 and I'll buy it". :o My son can't hardly believe what the guy said and tells him,

Now I ask you, has anyone ever come across an idiot like the first guy that didn't buy his van? I mean, c'mon man, how dumb can a buyer be? :'(

jmonroe

Love it....justice!

The moron lost out on a great deal that included a new rebuilt tranny....love those kind of stories.

No the moron was a typical flake who had no intension of buying. Lots out there like him!
  • Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,671
    Michaell said:

Job hunt update (skip if you're not interested).

After a bunch of nibbles, I've finally found a couple of positions that seem to fit my skills and experience. Despite my desire to leave the IT industry, both companies are in the software biz.

Both roles are very similar to the work I was doing at IBM.

Company 1 is located on the other side of Denver from where I live - I'd be expected to go into the office daily for the first 3-6 months, then perhaps only once or twice a week after that.

Company 2 has an office about 20 minutes from my house, but the role is remote, which means I could continue to work from home.

The job for Company 2 is a much bigger challenge - I've already spoken to the Europe and Asia-Pacific regional managers that I would work with. At the moment, they are the front runner.

Naturally, both of them want me to come to the office for an in-person interview. Company 1 has invited me to their office on Monday afternoon from 2-3. Company 2 is located in Palo Alto, CA, and are flying me out on Monday evening at 5:40 to SF, then meet with the senior managers and executives on Tuesday.

I'll at least get a flight, a hotel, a rental car (Hertz intermediate, which is a Corolla or similar) and a per diem to talk to company 2.

Therefore, I'll be offline from Monday noon-ish to Tuesday night. I might check in via my smartphone, but no guarantees.

Good luck. I hope you get your first pick. You must be in possession of a desirable skill set to have two employers bidding for you.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    murphydog said:

Taking the Ghia to the Greenwood Car Show for those of you in Seattle - Had a few nibbles in the last month, hoping to find somebody who just has to have it! Wish me luck

I think the car show is the perfect place to find a buyer.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options

driver100 said:

explorer...I wonder if JiffyLube would service the McLaren?

driver.....335i GT is an imposing car in person. Tons of room. Drove it last night. It feels like a normal 3 series, just bigger. I liked it.

Didn't get into numbers but the sales guy admitted the GTs were slow movers and they'd be "motivated" to make a deal. Could be just more dealer speak, though. I told him I'd be willing to trade the '16 CTS for the '16 335i GT. He didn't even flinch....like that happens regularly.

He eyeballed the CTS and I told him it had 6,500 miles on the odo. He mentioned..."not sure we'd even need to test drive it. Doesn't look like it's been wrecked. What could be wrong with it?"

Why...nothing.....nothing at all!

I have to decide for myself if I'm in the market or not. And, if I'd be happier with something else aside from the CTS (which has been as perfect as anything I've ever owned so far and is a nice ride in its own right). Then again, I can't hold a candle to @breld.

GG, stickguy has it right....try the 335 GT immediately after arriving in your car and compare. Make sure you aren't giving up a feature you will miss. When we were looking at the 328 vs 335 - 2013 model, we found a huge difference in power and smoothness. My wife thought the 328 just didn't feel like a BMW should.

The big factor could be the difference in price. Gt would be great at 10% off, but depends on trade in and ultimate difference. There should be a big difference in how much more you like the GT 335 too, not worth it just to switch.

One more thing to consider, what will be worth more at trade in time 3 or 4 years down the road. Since Cadillac sales are weak, the BMW may actually hold it's value much better.
    I pulled up in my CTS and tested the 335i GT. So, got a good feel for their differences (which aren't as significant as one might think). I'm not holding my breath for a great offer on the CTS. Hoping for low $40s. But, considering I actually paid for a '14 and am trading in a '16, I don't feel nearly as bad. I don't want to write a check for anything more than a difference of $10K. Less would make me pull the trigger today.
    Can you imagine trying to trade in your '14 and having to explain that the wheels might fall off when they test drove it? :s

• Options

driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

He calls the first guy and tells him about the van now having a new Chrysler rebuilt transmission and this dope says, "that's great, how about dropping your price $400 and I'll buy it". :o My son can't hardly believe what the guy said and tells him,

Now I ask you, has anyone ever come across an idiot like the first guy that didn't buy his van? I mean, c'mon man, how dumb can a buyer be? :'(

jmonroe

Love it....justice!

The moron lost out on a great deal that included a new rebuilt tranny....love those kind of stories.

No the moron was a typical flake who had no intension of buying. Lots out there like him!
    I can't imagine carrying on like that but I suppose there are people who either use a transaction as a social event because they are lonely or those that enjoy playing head games with people for some sick feeling of power.

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,434
    Good Luck @Michaell

Had my 2nd Saturday off this month. Dad & I decided both of us don't need to work on Saturday. My wife loaded up the Pilot and headed to Jones Beach on Long Island with our boys. My daughter & I headed into The Bronx to see the 27 time World Champion New York Yankees play the Minnesota Twins. Before we left, she said to me: "Daddy. Can we take your red car?" So I put her car seat in the back of the Prelude. Temps were high, but the AC kept us nice and cool. It is a shame that coupes are losing in popularity to sedans and SUVs. 90% of the time it's just me in the car anyway. I made a Costco run in the Prelude after work one day this past week.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    nyccarguy said:

Good Luck @Michaell

Had my 2nd Saturday off this month. Dad & I decided both of us don't need to work on Saturday. My wife loaded up the Pilot and headed to Jones Beach on Long Island with our boys. My daughter & I headed into The Bronx to see the 27 time World Champion New York Yankees play the Minnesota Twins. Before we left, she said to me: "Daddy. Can we take your red car?" So I put her car seat in the back of the Prelude. Temps were high, but the AC kept us nice and cool. It is a shame that coupes are losing in popularity to sedans and SUVs. 90% of the time it's just me in the car anyway. I made a Costco run in the Prelude after work one day this past week.

She's not a daddy's girl is she? Precious.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    Just adorable! What a lovely daughter. You're a lucky man.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    Absolutely beautiful little girl !! Looks smart as a whip too.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I still wear my Yankees hat---it's a "real " one, too.
  • Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976
    Too cute!

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options

driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

jmonroe

Love it....justice!

I can't imagine carrying on like that but I suppose there are people who either use a transaction as a social event because they are lonely or those that enjoy playing head games with people for some sick feeling of power.
    Also chronic car buyers.....who are addicted to looking at cars....sometimes even used cars, if you know what I mean OF! :D

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Lots of fun at the car show today. Almost had a sale but ultimately he backed out. One question for all of you - the guy next to me was showing his Ferrari and I have to stress here, HIS CAR WAS NOT FOR SALE. Any way he has two scantily clad ladies join him for nearly the entire day, and I saw him pass of a big stack of Benjamin's when it was over? Why does somebody pay 2 ladies to do that when the car is not for sale?

Thoughts?
  • Options

That kitchen faucet was the worse, the nut under the sink holding the faucet in place was in an almost inaccessible spot. The nut trying to get at it found it was nearly impossible to get a wrench at it and when you could there was practically no room to turn the wrench (I think I invented new curse words getting that thing loose).

Did you have a basin wrench?

No and truth be told it was quicker to get it off the way I did then to run to the Home Depot or wherever and buy one.

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    maybe something else was?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362
    edited June 2016
    I've been hanging out with a stripper from Munich for the past week- allow me to explain. The A/C on the 2er wasn't working when the car wasn't moving, so I ran it over to my dealer(and now employer). My service advisor gave me a loaner and had a new auxiliary fan air freighted in. When the car was being cleaned up he noticed paint chipping on the front fascia and insisted that I keep the loaner and he would have the fascia repainted at their BMW Approved body shop(my son saw the damage and didn't think it was that noticeable, but my SA has almost as bad a case of OCD as me).
    Back to the stripper; it's a 320i xDrive- no options save heated seats and the Driver Assistance Package( Park Distance Control and Rear view camera). No hole in the roof, and manual seats. To my surprise I like it more than any F3x I have driven save a 435i M Sport that was equipped with every M Performance accessory available. 0-60 in around 6.5 seconds is hardly fast, but more than enough to keep up with traffic. Handling is decent and the car is a quite capable all around cruiser. Definitely not a penalty box; I guess sometimes less IS more...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,305

Back to the stripper; it's a 320i xDrive- no options save heated seats and the Driver Assistance Package( Park Distance Control and Rear view camera). No hole in the roof, and manual seats. To my surprise I like it more than any F3x I have driven save a 435i M Sport that was equipped with every M Performance accessory available. 0-60 in around 6.5 seconds is hardly fast, but more than enough to keep up with traffic. Handling is decent and the car is a quite capable all around cruiser. Definitely not a penalty box; I guess sometimes less IS more...

Thanks for the quick review. I've always been intrigued by the 320. I probably want to add the cold weather package here in Colorado.

Actually my ideal BMW would be a 220xi – but alas, they do not make that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    Michaell said:

Job hunt update (skip if you're not interested).

After a bunch of nibbles, I've finally found a couple of positions that seem to fit my skills and experience. Despite my desire to leave the IT industry, both companies are in the software biz.

Both roles are very similar to the work I was doing at IBM.

Company 1 is located on the other side of Denver from where I live - I'd be expected to go into the office daily for the first 3-6 months, then perhaps only once or twice a week after that.

Company 2 has an office about 20 minutes from my house, but the role is remote, which means I could continue to work from home.

The job for Company 2 is a much bigger challenge - I've already spoken to the Europe and Asia-Pacific regional managers that I would work with. At the moment, they are the front runner.

Naturally, both of them want me to come to the office for an in-person interview. Company 1 has invited me to their office on Monday afternoon from 2-3. Company 2 is located in Palo Alto, CA, and are flying me out on Monday evening at 5:40 to SF, then meet with the senior managers and executives on Tuesday.

I'll at least get a flight, a hotel, a rental car (Hertz intermediate, which is a Corolla or similar) and a per diem to talk to company 2.

Therefore, I'll be offline from Monday noon-ish to Tuesday night. I might check in via my smartphone, but no guarantees.

I'm late to the party again but I have a good excuse. It was a nice day today and Son #1 came over this morning to help me stain the deck. It's times like this that I don't like my 40 foot deck but I only have to do it about every 3 years. I do it before it looks like it needs it. Kinda like keeping a good wax job on the cars.

Good luck with the interviews and let us know how they go.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• Options
    murphydog said:

Lots of fun at the car show today. Almost had a sale but ultimately he backed out. One question for all of you - the guy next to me was showing his Ferrari and I have to stress here, HIS CAR WAS NOT FOR SALE. Any way he has two scantily clad ladies join him for nearly the entire day, and I saw him pass of a big stack of Benjamin's when it was over? Why does somebody pay 2 ladies to do that when the car is not for sale?

Thoughts?

Maybe he's just a business man.

Just because he's not selling a car doesn't mean he doesn't sell other stuff, right? :o

jmonroe

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    @Michaell,
    Good Lick!
    2 interviews now, more may follow. Every organization moves at a different pace.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    jmonroe said:

murphydog said:

Thoughts?

Just because he's not selling a car doesn't mean he doesn't sell other stuff, right? :o

jmonroe
    Maybe he is doing it because he can. Maybe he likes people to feel jealous...the cars and the ladies.......

But, you did well, get a spot right next to the Ferrari and the ladies, you should have made it look like they came with you. ;)

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    Took the Mustang down to the shore to visit friends at their cottage yesterday.
    Top down both ways(kinda cool on the way back wearing a tee shirt, but not too bad).

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    murphydog said:

Thoughts?

Everything is for sale at the right price.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Maybe you are chasing the wrong pool of buyers @murphydog - get the wheels swapped and then park it at a women's event somewhere. Health fair, Run for the Cure, home and garden show. Maybe offer free shifting lessons.
  • Options
    stever said:

Maybe you are chasing the wrong pool of buyers @murphydog - get the wheels swapped and then park it at a women's event somewhere. Health fair, Run for the Cure, home and garden show. Maybe offer free shifting lessons.

you may be right - the Women that were our age (may have had a Ghia as a first car) were swooning over it! They were the ones who had very emotional and positive reactions to the car. 2 Weeks there is a VW event at Burgermaster near the U of W - that will draw the right crowd for sure, and the next day is the Northwest VW show at Shoreline Community College. I will be attending both events.
  • Options
    driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

murphydog said:

Thoughts?

jmonroe
    Maybe he is doing it because he can. Maybe he likes people to feel jealous...the cars and the ladies.......

But, you did well, get a spot right next to the Ferrari and the ladies, you should have made it look like they came with you. ;)
    jmonroe - you are correct, at least my car had enough seats for them to actually ride with me!

And i agree he was doing to make himself look better than all of us.
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Got a call from the BMW sales person yesterday afternoon. He said given that they still want to drive the CTS, they'd be in with a $13.5K delta, as the check I'd have to write.

I immediately told him we weren't even in the ball park. He asked me for a counter, and I told him $9,500 delta would have me driving to the dealership, checkbook in hand.

He said he'd check with this manager (of course) and get back to me if they could get close. I told him it would have to be REALLY close to my offer before I'd consider making a deal.

I think we're too far apart. $4K is a pretty big delta!

Too bad, I liked the GT.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options

I've been hanging out with a stripper from Munich for the past week- allow me to explain. The A/C on the 2er wasn't working when the car wasn't moving, so I ran it over to my dealer(and now employer). My service advisor gave me a loaner and had a new auxiliary fan air freighted in. When the car was being cleaned up he noticed paint chipping on the front fascia and insisted that I keep the loaner and he would have the fascia repainted at their BMW Approved body shop(my son saw the damage and didn't think it was that noticeable, but my SA has almost as bad a case of OCD as me).

Oh you meant a car with few options. I thought something else....

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095

Got a call from the BMW sales person yesterday afternoon. He said given that they still want to drive the CTS, they'd be in with a $13.5K delta, as the check I'd have to write.

I immediately told him we weren't even in the ball park. He asked me for a counter, and I told him $9,500 delta would have me driving to the dealership, checkbook in hand.

He said he'd check with this manager (of course) and get back to me if they could get close. I told him it would have to be REALLY close to my offer before I'd consider making a deal.

Too bad, I liked the GT.

Sounds like the next step is to let them drive the CTS. I can understand their caution given that to them it is still an unknown quantity.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

murphydog said:

Thoughts?

jmonroe

I agree, although I would use the word "envious" rather than "jealous". If you have the money to buy and maintain a Ferrari, you can definitely afford to pay for a couple of models to hang out with you and make others envious.

2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • Options
  • Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392

Too bad, I liked the GT.

I'm surprised, really. I feel like the Bimmer dealers around here in Seattle just sit with the GT models.

Sounds to me like they are low balling your trade. I agree with you though, that's too big a hit to take between the two - and it's not like you dislike this CTS.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options

Too bad, I liked the GT.

GG, it was worth a try.

$10k would be a great deal though, maybe $12k is more in the ballpark.....and may be worth it........Driver Method, $500 a year more for next 4 years!

But, only you know how badly you want to switch.

My wife had a great 1992 Saab, and on a very rainy day, in the neighborhood plaza, where they changed the cement parking blocks to go in another direction, she hit one. Her Saab had $9000 worth of repairs. It drove the same after the repairs, and she loved that car, but she wanted another car...just didn't feel right any more.

Same with the A4, when they blamed her for the clutch being worn....she wanted out....the car was tainted.

I am glad we switched the A4 for a GLK, but, I wish we had kept the Saab....the 95 Volvo wasn't very good!
    Win some....Lose some!

• Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    sda said:

nyccarguy said:

Good Luck @Michaell

ab348 said:

Precious! enjoy this age sadly it doesn't last long.
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362
    Michaell said:
    Thanks for the quick review. I've always been intrigued by the 320. I probably want to add the cold weather package here in Colorado. Actually my ideal BMW would be a 220xi – but alas, they do not make that.
    I'd like to have the CWP as well, but BMW makes you buy leather seats if you want that package. If you can live with just heated front seats it will only cost you $500 rather than over $2000 for the CWP and leather. 

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options

sda said:

nyccarguy said:

Good Luck @Michaell

ab348 said:

Precious! enjoy this age sadly it doesn't last long.
    You are so right but if you're fortunate enough to be a grandparent you get more chances. In our case we have 5 and when the last one came along it was finally a girl. After 2 sons and 4 straight grandsons, Mrs. j was in heaven. Said something like, "maybe there really is a grandparent god".

I remember the days when she moaned that, "the only way there is going to be a girl in our family is if someone adopts one". :@

jmonroe

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    GG, in your odd case, you can also look at it as you are trading in a 2014 CTS, since that is what you originally paid for (and got a screaming deal). so even at their offer, you are way ahead of the game!

really comes down to how bad you want out of the old one, and how much you like the new one. Not like you shopped elsewhere (Jag maybe?) Often, rushing into something is not a good decision.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    stickguy said:

GG, in your odd case, you can also look at it as you are trading in a 2014 CTS, since that is what you originally paid for (and got a screaming deal). so even at their offer, you are way ahead of the game!

really comes down to how bad you want out of the old one, and how much you like the new one. Not like you shopped elsewhere (Jag maybe?) Often, rushing into something is not a good decision.

I thought that too...about getting a 2016 when he paid for a 2014, but he did pay a big penalty to come out with the 2016 for that price......so he shouldn't lose it so easily either.

I'd say, he has a bit of leeway because he paid for a 14 and now has a 16, but, has to be careful not to blow it too.

• Options
    edited June 2016

Murph........at least your red wheels match his Ferrari. You can tell people if they can't afford the Ferrari, they can still get a bit of the Ferrari flair with the Ghia.

I would like to see how it looks with discs or gray wheels. And, the other shows sound like a better place for the Ghia.......it just needs the right buyer.

• Options
    Well if the market has spoken then all you can do is either a) upgrade the car in small ways or b) lower the price incrementally until you hook a fish. No sense to keep trying what isn't working, unless you want to buy it a birthday cake each year.

I like the idea about spraying the wheels a neutral color. That's only a half day's work.
  • Options

Well if the market has spoken then all you can do is either a) upgrade the car in small ways or b) lower the price incrementally until you hook a fish. No sense to keep trying what isn't working, unless you want to buy it a birthday cake each year.

I like the idea about spraying the wheels a neutral color. That's only a half day's work.

I have chrome wheels on order, have to check on status Monday. I am leaning towards dropping the price, no sense dropping more $$ into it at this point.

If I had buckets of money I would either have Airkewld or house of Ghia do a full restore/repair. Either of those would be labors of love. Cost would be $35-50k for a car that would maybe sell for $20.
  • Options
    I know of a guy, who has a hobby building a car from scratch.....he orders the parts and hires a guy to put the car together.

His wife who is the bread winner at his point said so far he has poured $100,000 into this hobby, and all he does is order the parts and tells the guy to put the car together.

So, not good to sink too much into one of these cars unless you really know what you are doing.

• Options
    driver100 said:

I know of a guy, who has a hobby building a car from scratch.....he orders the parts and hires a guy to put the car together.

Is this one of the cars?

driver100 said:

His wife who is the bread winner at his point said so far he has poured $100,000 into this hobby, and all he does is order the parts and tells the guy to put the car together.

So, not good to sink too much into one of these cars unless you really know what you are doing.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a car and modify it to your liking?