Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    '..Fusion Sport with tech pack, nav, cooled seats, and moonroof for $35k, per truecar. I'm a bit surprised to discover they only offer black interior..'
    Though I have not seen or driven one [ none at any dealer near me, yet ]
    I have seen pictures & heard from those who have seen one in person,
    and the seats look more gray than black.
    Other Fusion models do offer black seats.
    There does appear to be substantial contrast between the gray seats
    and various other black portions of the interior...
    FWIW.
    - Ray
    Ready for my test drive...
    2022 X3 M40i
  • breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    I think considering all those different vehicles is simply part of being a car enthusiast like we all are - we're so aware of all the many great options out there, especially on the used market, that we see value in all different things.

I'm digging this SQ5 right now, but I get just as excited thinking about another GTI. Then I'll see a Tacoma and want that!

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,936
    Still dig the GTIs, but FWD annoys me too much these days. Pretty sure I want to try AWD again. Been a while since I had one.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

If you can view this thread without joining the site,
    there are a couple of pictures of the interior here -
    post 45:

http://www.fusionsportforums.com/forum/209-purchasing-ordering/1386-i-finally-own-one-5.html
    2022 X3 M40i
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    nyccarguy said:

Very nice!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    Put this in the other thread, but going to take a look at thsi tonight....

http://interstateford.com/Dayton-OH/For-Sale/New/?MinYear=2016&MakeId=12&ModelName=Mustang&MaxYear=2016
    rayainsw said:

If you can view this thread without joining the site,
    there are a couple of pictures of the interior here -
    post 45:

http://www.fusionsportforums.com/forum/209-purchasing-ordering/1386-i-finally-own-one-5.html

You can view the thread, but not the pics.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Ah - sorry.
    2022 X3 M40i
    This one on cars.com has a few interior pics:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/674407390/overview/
    2022 X3 M40i
    That helps. Thanks.

Seats looks a bit chintzy for $42k. Hope they look better in person.

http://interstateford.com/Dayton-OH/For-Sale/New/?MinYear=2016&MakeId=12&ModelName=Mustang&MaxYear=2016

Good luck with that! I like that blue on the Mustang a lot!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Naturally, I like the X1. I'd want to know the in-service date, so I know how long that CPO warranty will last.

Wait, what am I saying? Like you'd have it long enough to worry about that. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,388
    qbrozen said:

That helps. Thanks.

Seats looks a bit chintzy for $42k. Hope they look better in person.

Agree. I think the interior itself looks cheap overall for a car that costs $42k. I was hoping to see something a little more done up than my rental car from last week.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    kyfdx said:

Naturally, I like the X1. I'd want to know the in-service date, so I know how long that CPO warranty will last.

Wait, what am I saying? Like you'd have it long enough to worry about that. ;)

It is like having a safety blanket! Peace of mind knowing that it is there - plus, maybe helps resale?
    edited July 2016
    breld said:

Good luck with that! I like that blue on the Mustang a lot!

Thanks, Breld!

OF....$38,500 is my number on this car. We'll see how that flies.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,085
    GG, think you could live with a manual trans and using a clutch again? Or is this going to be a second vehicle and not primary transportation?

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

ab348 said:

GG, think you could live with a manual trans and using a clutch again? Or is this going to be a second vehicle and not primary transportation?

Keeping the CTS. This would be a 2nd vehicle.

The '98 Cobra is still in play, too. I offered the owner $11k. He hasn't said no, yet!
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,518
    for a second toy car, I would rather have the Cobra. More unique, top goes down, save $30k right off the top, and much more down the line since the Cobra is not going to depreciate (or barely, maybe 1-2K), and the GT is going to drop pretty steep in a couple of years.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

stickguy said:

for a second toy car, I would rather have the Cobra. More unique, top goes down, save $30k right off the top, and much more down the line since the Cobra is not going to depreciate (or barely, maybe 1-2K), and the GT is going to drop pretty steep in a couple of years.

Of you could take the CCBA approach and buy both!
    stickguy said:

Well...as these things go, Cobra owner said HE WOULD sell for $11K. And, in a first for me, the dealer on the new GT came in at $1,000 UNDER my offer. Or, about $5,500 off MSR~15%.

Now, I need to make a decision.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,726

stickguy said:

Well...as these things go, Cobra owner said HE WOULD sell for $11K. And, in a first for me, the dealer on the new GT came in at $1,000 UNDER my offer. Or, about $5,500 off MSR~15%.

There is only one rational, logical decision: buy both (I know, not an original thought). Convertible for sunny days, coupe for not so sunny days. Problem solved. Post pictures.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

Check out this one, stick:
    http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/19DBA53C

• akanglakangl Member Posts: 3,281
    We have gone a year now with the same 4 vehicles and no plans to replace any of them. Just put a new stereo and speakers in the truck, hubby was so tired of blown speakers and a stereo that barely worked. Daughter got a job and took over payments on the '15 Focus, I gave her an ultimatum, get a job and pay for the car/insurance or I was going to sell it. I haven't driven it in months but she drives it all the time, that being the case I figured she could pay for it too. Surprisingly she was more than happy to do that, 60 pmts left on the car at 0% interest, pretty sweet deal for her I think.

Can't complain about any of the 4 vehicles currently in the fleet, all reliable and low cost to own. Just finished the detached 1 car garage giving us a place for all 4 vehicles to now be inside. Bad news is hubby may be facing medical retirement and if that happens we will have to sell the house and move to the lower 48, way to expensive to live in Alaska at that point.

On another note, my son is working on dumping the RX-8, he is suspecting electrical problems and doesn't want to go down that road. He's in the car approx. $4500 so hopefully can recoup those funds.

That's about it from the car front, about time to turn in my CCBA card!
    akangl -
    I believe that the "Club Rules" allow a suspension of your card.... ???
    [ Someone here will correct me if I am wrong. ]
    Glad to hear from you !
    - Ray
    Never suspended - occasionally need to dust off MY card...
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Like that blue X1 also, very very nice color combo!
    Was at the Honda store today and got to sit in a blue over grey HR-V. Comfortable front seat with leather, nice and soft and not perforated. No power front seat but ratched up the front seat so I could slide over in and out...it would work and not as high as the Tucson was. I sit on a special Relax The Back store cushion which adds a couple of inches to my seat but super comfy and really helps my spinal issues. Everything within hands reach, pretty decent ergonomics all around. USB ports and aux input in an odd place but strangely with the openings provided...it works! Push button start, something I go back and forth on...presently on with it. This was an EX-L model so has XM radio available and think a 3 month free subscription. Only thing didn't have, it being the first year model, bummer, was the Apple Play/Android Car radio options in the infotainment system, again...bummer.
    Salesman was very knowledgable which I appreciated and he heard me when I said that I wouldn't be looking for the 2016 model, either a 2017 or 2018 since am hoping Honda wises up and puts the Apple/Android stereo options in, Heck, even their new 2016 Civic has this option! Figure it'll move across the line in due time. Size wise...169.1" so that'll pass the garage test easily. Like VW blue better than Honda's but prefer Honda's grey interior hands down. Being a Honda, I know it'll be cheap to keep, no more synthetic oil changes and turbo to deal with. But not sure about that CVT tranny...just not sure. Seems to work fine in the Civic with no serious issues from the many I've driven. But my kid's Versa and other Nissan's I've driven seem to lug a bit and don't drive as smoothly as the 2016 Sonata I drove today. Hyundai does make a damn fine small 4 cylinder engine with super smooth shifts that are barely perceptible, at least tome. Find a bit of a turbo lug in my Golf also and using a few tanks of high test 93 octane haven't made it go away...something that I've just had to live with.
    Now, think I could get the HR-V for invoice if not a bit lower especially if I wait till the 2017 or 2018 models come out so supply will far outpace demand. Part of me does want to return to the asian side while the other part wants to explore Germany even more. And seeing 2 gorgeous 1 Series on the road today, one in white and one in gray, hasn't helped much. Sales guy copied me a few pages off the internet since they had no brochures and since he was super nice, took his card and said I'd be back on a non busy weekday to take a test drive. Might not be the smartest move but if I could get the EX-L for mine and maybe $9K otd, might just do it! Am sure the family would kill me if I did this though!!

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

I would be tempted by a new Mustang GT for sure, but for a car that is going to sit in a garage, unused, most of the time, this looks awfully nice to me, especially given the $25K +/- delta in price:

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,052
    The Outback is fixed.

Called Subaru roadside assistance. 30 minutes later a guy with a portable jump box shows up. He attaches it to the battery, then we looked inside to see if any of the lights were on.

Yep - the light inside the rear hatch was on. Noticed that the rear seats were down, which leads me to believe that a large object was pulled out and hit the switch that turned the light on. The car then sat for a couple of days before the wife tried to drive it again.

After it was jump started, I let the car run for 30-40 minutes. Turned it off and it started right up.

It is still going to the dealer tomorrow morning for an oil change and a recall fix. The E-GT needs to go in soon for a service as well. Probably it's last one before the lease is up.

It may be time to start shopping - @breld, we've got to find some time on a Saturday to do that!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Kind of sounds like a Subaru - my '97 Outback had the notorious parking light switch on top of the steering column, as did my sister's '05 Forester. If you wiped down the dash, you had a good chance of turning it on without knowing that you did.

My sister called one day saying her lights were on and couldn't figure out why, and I knew right away. And I had a dead battery one morning after leaving the driver's side window halfway down and once of my cats climbed in the Subbie and stepped on the switch.
    Michaell said:

It may be time to start shopping - @breld, we've got to find some time on a Saturday to do that!

Sounds like a good plan!

• benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    Just traded in my 2008 Accord EXL navi for a 2016 Accord EX with AndroidAuto. Love it so far.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    Hey now! @kyfdx got an A3 TDI? Color? Trim? Options? 92K miles! Yikes!

It is now a matter of time for @breld!

A Mustang GT Coupe @graphicguy? Do tell!

Thanks for the kind words about my humble abode!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    benjaminh said:

Just traded in my 2008 Accord EXL navi for a 2016 Accord EX with AndroidAuto. Love it so far.

@benjaminh Congrats on the new Accord! Interested to hear your impressions of the 2016 compared to your 2008. Any reason you didn't go with the EX-L over the EX this time?
    nyccarguy said:

The house looks great @nyccarguy!

Yes @kyfdx bought the A3 as part of the TDI buyback discussion. I'm going to check out this Golf today under the same premise, we shall see.

http://www.bluewatermotorsports.com/web/used/Volkswagen-Golf-2012-Wilmington-North-Carolina/31427363/
    nyccarguy said:

97K miles.. don't short me. ;)

2013 A3 TDI Premium Plus. Silver-blue with black leather.

Just the standard package.. pretty well equipped. Lacking NAV, heated seats and sunroof.

It's an arbitrage play.. lol

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Leaving to go get it right now... will post pictures later.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

nyccarguy said:

Got a text from my painter that he's done with the exterior of the house:

American Dream house from the 1950s/60s. Very nice, looks well-kept.

benjaminh said:

Benjamin....congrats. Nice car.
    ab348 said:

I would be tempted by a new Mustang GT for sure, but for a car that is going to sit in a garage, unused, most of the time, this looks awfully nice to me, especially given the $25K +/- delta in price:

That's identical to the one I just bought last night. So yes, put another punch in for me.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited July 2016
    jpp5862 said:

benjaminh said:

@benjaminh Congrats on the new Accord! Interested to hear your impressions of the 2016 compared to your 2008. Any reason you didn't go with the EX-L over the EX this time?
    Love the 2016 Accord so far. Honda has upgraded the EX so much I didn't see the need to go to EXL. My 2008 was actually an EXL Navi, but the 2016 EX and above has AndroidAuto/AppleCarplay--and so there's no need for navi.

In terms of leather, I like it fine, but actually in the often hot climate that I live in (Louisville, KY) I slightly prefer cloth. Also, although I don't mind conditioning my leather every year, I don't mind skipping that either.

My 2008 EXL was really loaded for the day, but now features that used to be only on the top-of-the-line models, like dual zone climate control, bluetooth, etc., are available even on the base LX model.

And the EX and above has a feature called remote start that I really like. From c. 50 feet away you can start your car, and it starts either heating it or cooling it to 70 degrees. If needed, it even starts the defroster and defogger for you, I think. We have a one car garage, which my wife gets, and since I get to park on the street this is going to be a nice feature on snowy and frosty days. Rather than scraping the car from cold, I can start the process while I'm finishing my coffee and brushing my teeth, and then go out and finish it up.

In terms of power, the 2016 has more, and it's also significantly quieter than my 2008. The handling seems better than my 2008 or even my wife's 2013 Accord. They did some kind of suspension upgrade for 2016 for EX and above that I think involves using shocks/dampers adapted from Acura. This gives you a firmer ride on smooth roads, but smooths out the bumps on bumpy roads.

Like with all midsize cars there are great deals out there. I got 4000+ off of the msrp plus 0.9 financing for 5 years from Honda.

2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    @graphicguy Congrats on the Mustang!! I think the Cobra was the right way to go. Can't wait to see pictures.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

113 miles home in 103 minutes.

According to the trip computer, averaged 42.7 MPG.

Noticed the MPGs really dropped at 80 MPH. At a steady 65-70, would have been over 45 mpg.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Congrats @kyfdx! I am admittedly a bit jealous!
    That's very cool. Looks like more fun than mine. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,977

ab348 said:

That's identical to the one I just bought last night. So yes, put another punch in for me.
    That is a great looking car! Congrats and enjoy! As my dad would always say "keep it between the ditches!"

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

Here is the best part. Went back out to run an errand and the check engine light is on. lol :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,518
    qbrozen said:

Check out this one, stick:
    http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/19DBA53C

That is perfect. Seems too cheap though. Need a good PPI on that one

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2016
    kyfdx said:

Here is the best part. Went back out to run an errand and the check engine light is on. lol :(

Oh geeze, are you getting "the look" from your SO now? I'd guess the gas cap but you don't burn gas....

Time to cruise down and pull some codes.