Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,486
    I'll bite. How much for a normal no money down, 36/36 lease? Roughly? Paying tax and DMV as inception.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

I am really digging the 2017 a3. Can finally get spirit seats on a base premium. I like those seats (pretty sure same ones as in the S3)

I looked myself. I rarely trust the monthly number people report, but looks like half of jersey is leasing them. A loaded one for $350/month Aint too shabby.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,071
    stickguy said:

Anyone need a perfect cheap winter beater? Anything cheaper will be heading to the scrapper.
    http://www.royaleasing.com/detail-2000-subaru-legacy_wagon-5dr_brighton_automatic-used-15452710.html

It's a 15 year-old Subie with 300,000 miles so I doubt it is a perfect anything.

I wonder, for $1000 how many sets of new head gaskets are they including if someone buys it? Might need to change them right there on the lot... ;)

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

stickguy said:

I am really digging the 2017 a3. Can finally get spirit seats on a base premium. I like those seats (pretty sure same ones as in the S3)

"Spirit seats"? I thought you only found those in church.

I have given up on auto correct on the Ipad. I just let it do what it wants to at this point. I am a beaten man.

that should be sport seats. A wonderful invention. I think my son will be real happy to have waited so he can get them on a 2017.

well, for the Sube, I figure if it made it this long, and starts/runs OK without really odd noises or smoke, it could go a while longer. And certainly not for heavy use.

but, for something to drive around town or to the train station on snowy/salty days, to keep the nice car safely in the garage, it would serve the purpose. and you can park anywhere, without caring.

if it dies after 1 season, oh well. Cheaper than a wheel/snow tire package!

• jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    nyccarguy said:

Dear Bradd,

Stop looking at the "2016 Infiniti Q50 Lease Questions" forum on edmunds as well as the "Build your own Infiniti Q50 3.0T AWD Premium" on Infiniti's website. Thank-you.

Best regards,

Your wallet & bank account

Dear Bradd,

As a former Q50 owner you won't be happy with it. The ride is floaty, it's big and good at everything and great at nothing.

Save your $$ for a WRX.
  • jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    stickguy said:

I looked myself. I rarely trust the monthly number people report, but looks like half of jersey is leasing them. A loaded one for $350/month Aint too shabby.

You get what you pay for stickguy. If you're looking for the current day Cutlass Supreme, this is your car.
    well, that certainly is not what I am going to be looking for.

do they make a Hurst/Olds version?

I actually kinda like this one. Rather not a black interior. But, an actual RWD car still appeals to me! Loaded up too, price seems reasonable? Former rental, and the miles are a tad steep, but it is barely 2 YO so lots of time left on the PT warranty at least.

but, a fatal flaw. The used car dealer, put on a set of cheap tires that don't match the other end of the car.

http://www.royalautogroups.com/vehicle-details/2015-cadillac-ats-2-0t-luxury-tech-pkg-nav--rvc-silver-cretified-sedan-8969c7732a76e8469711f0f7296c8c14/

actually, I just realized something. I drive a Sonata. I think I AM driving a Cutlass Supreme, modern day version!

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,923
    stickguy said:
    I actually kinda like this one. Rather not a black interior. But, an actual RWD car still appeals to me! Loaded up too, price seems reasonable? Former rental, and the miles are a tad steep, but it is barely 2 YO so lots of time left on the PT warranty at least. but, a fatal flaw. The used car dealer, put on a set of cheap tires that don't match the other end of the car. http://www.royalautogroups.com/vehicle-details/2015-cadillac-ats-2-0t-luxury-tech-pkg-nav--rvc-silver-cretified-sedan-8969c7732a76e8469711f0f7296c8c14/
    Hey, it is "cretified"! I think that means they offer financing. ;b

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

edited September 2016
    Cosmetically, that looks much like mine except for the 2015 grille. Colors are identical. Looks like the original run-flats are still on the back (how?) and something different on the front. I wasn't thrilled with the black interior either but the headliner and pillars are a light color and it has a sunroof so it isn't too dismal inside. It is a gas to drive but is really a 2-adults-plus-2-little-kids car. Not sure how the RWD versions are in the snow and slop.

Certified to be a car? to be for sale? I think some used places say that for a car that is still under factory warranty like this one.

ab, 2+2 is fine for me. Kids are out of the nest, and I so infrequently carry someone in the back seat, I don't need to be driving a limo like I do.

snow is NBD. I lived in upstate NY snow country, with stuff like a duster with bald snows, and managed. AS tires and traction control is fine to me. Plus, if it snows, it won't come out of the garage anyway!

stickguy said:
    Certified to be a car? to be for sale? I think some used places say that for a car that is still under factory warranty like this one. ab, 2+2 is fine for me. Kids are out of the nest, and I so infrequently carry someone in the back seat, I don't need to be driving a limo like I do. snow is NBD. I lived in upstate NY snow country, with stuff like a duster with bald snows, and managed. AS tires and traction control is fine to me. Plus, if it snows, it won't come out of the garage anyway!
    No, check again. It is not certified, it is cretified

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

like that Romex watch I bought from a guy in Times Square once?

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,257
    qbrozen said:

No, check again. It is not certified, it is cretified

Maybe that means a cretin certified it?
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,265
    Do you keep your Romex watch on your wrist with duck tape? Just thought I would axe.
  • akanglakangl Member Posts: 3,281
    New Fusion in the driveway. Plates switched to new ones on the Focus (hubby has veteran plates with permanent registration, so we had to pay registration and get new plates). We meet the buyer at his bank tomorrow morning. I think the Focus is trying to hang on for dear life.....if it could go wrong this week it did! Thursday morning it was scheduled for a new windshield, well the installers showed up at the house and I put the car inside the garage, then they said that the windshield they had was different than the one that was in the car. Car still had its factory windshield, they said the placement of the rear view mirror was different. Turns out to be a design change, but didn't find that out until a whole lot of stress passed by.

So, windshield replaced, next on the list was getting the part replaced to make the battery light turn off. Dealer said it was some sort of relay for some sort of air fins or something in the cooling system that opens when driven. (I have no clue so guessing here) Tech went to install the part and finds a dead bird instead, he wasn't amused. Codes went away but the battery light stayed on, so they tested the alternator which tested fine last week. This week its showing that its failing and of course there isn't one in the state so they have to order it and can fix the car on Tuesday....did I mention the guy is taking the car tomorrow?

So, I paid the extended warranty deductible ($100) and arranged it so the new owner can drop the car off and have the repair done. I also did the paperwork to have the extended warranty transferred to him.

$230 for registration, $102 for the warranty deductible, and $75 warranty transfer fee, I really think that car wants to stay at this point!

Starting to think trading it in would have been a whole lot easier!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    They "know" when you are getting rid of them.... :p
    I always wondered about selling a car with an extended warranty. I don't think many people would be willing to pay the full value of the extended warranty. E.g., if I sell my Murano in a year, I could get a refund of, say, $2,000 for the unused portion of the warranty.

In that situation, is a private party going to pay me $2,000 more than a fair selling price for a vehicle with no warranty just to get the warranty?
    Not on a Murano I don't think. They just might on a Land Rover or an S class.
    corvette said:

I always wondered about selling a car with an extended warranty. I don't think many people would be willing to pay the full value of the extended warranty. E.g., if I sell my Murano in a year, I could get a refund of, say, $2,000 for the unused portion of the warranty.

In that situation, is a private party going to pay me $2,000 more than a fair selling price for a vehicle with no warranty just to get the warranty?

In the case of our Focus the extended warranty was purchased when the car was new (9/12/12 with 45 miles on it), so at 4 years and 87k into the warranty we wouldn't have gotten more than maybe $100 back. The warranty was 6 yr/125k so we were most of the way through it. It was a good selling point, we still asked under retail for the car even with the warranty and 2 sets of tires.

They "know" when you are getting rid of them.... :p

That is SO the truth! Focus was delivered in one piece to the new owner this morning. He's going to deal with the alternator although we paid the warranty deductible for it. Hubby is heading to work tonight in the Fusion, he's really happy with it. The Fusion fit the bill perfectly for us, good gas mileage, awd, and big enough to use as a family car too. Maybe give my poor Explorer a break, its just over 3 years old and has 59k on it.
  • nelsonfnelsonf Member Posts: 104
    I'm hoping to pick up my new M4 this week, so punch pending. :D

Currently own: 2017 BMW M4, 2011 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X Used to own: 2008 VW R32, 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 1987 BMW 325IS

Now that sounds like fun. Enjoy!

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,131
    Be sure to keep the tire pressures to spec ;)
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    stickguy said:

I actually kinda like this one. Rather not a black interior. But, an actual RWD car still appeals to me! Loaded up too, price seems reasonable? Former rental, and the miles are a tad steep, but it is barely 2 YO so lots of time left on the PT warranty at least.

but, a fatal flaw. The used car dealer, put on a set of cheap tires that don't match the other end of the car.

http://www.royalautogroups.com/vehicle-details/2015-cadillac-ats-2-0t-luxury-tech-pkg-nav--rvc-silver-cretified-sedan-8969c7732a76e8469711f0f7296c8c14/

Hate ultra cheap or mismatched tires on a car; automatic $800-$1,000 deduction.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,410
    nelsonf said:

Beyond awesome! Best of luck! We want a full write up!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Boarding a plane to ATL for a couple days. Left my Legacy at work and took uber to the airport.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896
    nyccarguy said:

Boarding a plane to ATL for a couple days. Left my Legacy at work and took uber to the airport.

Getting a rental?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,371
    Welcome @nyccarguy

I managed to order up some cooler weather for you this week. It was still in the 90s over the weekend 

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

I am waiting in the airport now to head to Toronto for 2 days for business. i believe I am walking everywhere.

on the way here, I saw a gorgeous blue Q3 and fell in love. I then fell out of love when I looked up the specs. 0-60 in 7.8? No thanks.

q3 tends to not be as well regarded as other Audis. One of the car mags just did a small CUV comparison, and it got panned. I would move up to the Q5 if could pay a little more. Those are nice.

qbrozen said:

I am waiting in the airport now to head to Toronto for 2 days for business. i believe I am walking everywhere.

on the way here, I saw a gorgeous blue Q3 and fell in love. I then fell out of love when I looked up the specs. 0-60 in 7.8? No thanks.

If you are in downtown Toronto, no need to have a car. Great system of tunnels that connect all the buildings - very much like an underground mall.
    stickguy said:

q3 tends to not be as well regarded as other Audis. One of the car mags just did a small CUV comparison, and it got panned. I would move up to the Q5 if could pay a little more. Those are nice.

Heck, this is Q - he ought to go whole hog and get the SQ5, like @breld.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

I have been speccing out 2017 A3s Much better value I think, and easier to get a build the way I want it (as long as can give up BLIS, since gotta spend all the bucks to get that!).

and can even save $3,000 if commit heresy and skip Quattro. Pricey option.

but, base car can get sport seats, steering wheel, suspension, and driver select mode, for only $900. FWD or AWD, either way. Gotta have that, just for the seats! And even better, not required to upgrade to 18" wheels to do it.

• nelsonfnelsonf Member Posts: 104
    nyccarguy said:

nelsonf said:

Beyond awesome! Best of luck! We want a full write up!
    Will do!

Currently own: 2017 BMW M4, 2011 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X Used to own: 2008 VW R32, 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 1987 BMW 325IS

qbrozen said:

Hmmm... test drive the Q3 before you give up on it. I bet real world it beats the 7.8 easily as Audi is known to under-rate/over-time the cars in their stable.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    stickguy said:

I have been speccing out 2017 A3s Much better value I think, and easier to get a build the way I want it (as long as can give up BLIS, since gotta spend all the bucks to get that!).

and can even save $3,000 if commit heresy and skip Quattro. Pricey option.

but, base car can get sport seats, steering wheel, suspension, and driver select mode, for only $900. FWD or AWD, either way. Gotta have that, just for the seats! And even better, not required to upgrade to 18" wheels to do it.

Check carefully, I think that $3K covers getting the correct engine (2.0T) in addition to quattro AWD vs. the cheaper 1.8T with FWD. For my money, that's the best $3,000 ever spent.

220 HP vs. 180 and like 1 better MPG while your at it. 2.0T > 1.8T in every way.
    for 2017, looks like they ditched the 1.8t. All cars get the 2.0t now.

well, Honda annoyed me. They finally released config info on the Civic hatch. Contrary to rumors, the manual trans is once again only available on the strippo models. If you want an EX to get a few goodies (like a moonroof) or leather, tech, etc., it is CVT or shop elsewhere. I think I will shop elsewhere.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,966
    Saw the new Cruze hatch at the Chevy dealer today, very very nice. An LT one with 16" wheels but would want the LTZ model since it'll probably get 17"ers. Overall, a great job by Chevy and think they will sell a whole lot of them. Might even get me to look at it!
    Sat in a CLA 250 and fell in love, mean I just loved it plus it's only a bit larger than my Golf. Prefer the white over beige as I sat in a black over black and just too hot for South Florida summers which last like 8.5 months, seriously. Would have to go CPO of course but would want one with no more than 9k/year. Time will tell.
    Nothing done on the extended warranty on my Golf yet [non-permissible content removed] till thinking things over. Might just wing it for another three years and then move on to something else...like that CLA 250. Just not sure, as I really do like the Golf when I'm in it or see it. So will make a decision once I hit 24K which leaves me about a month to decide.

The Sandman :)B)

(P.S. Totally in lust with the CLA 250, totally! I want one but might just be best to wait a bit!)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,966
    Must be fate, a Mercedes commercial just came on and as I was typing "CLA 250", the announcer said those same words while showing a pic! Gotta be karma folks...think it's meant to be!!!

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

andres3 said:

Hmmm... test drive the Q3 before you give up on it. I bet real world it beats the 7.8 easily as Audi is known to under-rate/over-time the cars in their stable.
    That 7.8 is from a car mag

Michaell said:

nyccarguy said:

Getting a rental?
    No rental. Hopped on the MARTA train at the airport. It dropped me off 1/2 block away from my hotel.

7.7 for the AWD. Yep, it's on the Audi USA website as 7.8
    Talking about the A3, CLA, and travel was probably the best way one could spend this evening...
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,382
    nyccarguy said:
    Getting a rental?
    No rental. Hopped on the MARTA train at the airport. It dropped me off 1/2 block away from my hotel.

How long are you in ATL for?

I will be downtown later this week for a conference. 
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    nyccarguy said:

Michaell said:

nyccarguy said:

Getting a rental?
    You folks in the northeast are used to public transit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator