Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 Acura MDX Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    acurapat said:

I received this offer today:

2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD Tech+Entertainment
    MSRP: $53300 (includes $940 destination)
    Total Due at Signing: $3797 ($2999 down)
    Term: 39 months
    Miles: 10k per year
    Monthly payment with tax: $509.00
    State/ZIP : NJ (08820)

Does it seems to be a good offer or should I negotiate ?

acurapat said:

I received this offer today:

.00136 and 60%

What is the adjusted cap cost?

We don't recommend putting money down on a lease - that money is at risk if the car is stolen or totaled. And, it masks the true monthly cost ($2999 is about $77/mo for 39 months, so your "true" payment is around $586/mo).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options

Michaell said:

Hello-

I'm new to the site so I apologize if I'm not asking the right questions or asking in the wrong place.

I have about 5 months left on a 2014 tl tech shawd lease. I went and visited my dealer (Paragon) I'm up here in New York and was given the following information and was wanting to see if the numbers are good and what else I should be asking for.

On a 2017 shawd tech mdx no money down just "drive off costs" . Selling price (after negotiations) $47800 MF 136 and residual is 60%. Without doing any real hard numbers the dealer stated my monthly would be around $550.

Is that good deal? Does it make sense? I currently pay $450 for the tl and being that I have a rough history with the dealership, I would like to haggle the mdx monthly down to 475 or so. Is that possible/realistic?

So for the rant and thank you in advance.

Why do you want to end your current lease with 5 months left? Those payments have to go somewhere, and it's likely they are rolling over into your new lease. That's $2200, or $56/mo on a 39 month lease. If you wait until your lease is up, that will save you money right there.

MF is .00136 and residual is 60%.

Every $1000 you shave off the selling price will take $26/mo off the payment (again, for 39 months), so to get from $550/mo to $475/mo you'll have to knock about $3K off the price.

And, find out exactly what 'drive off' costs include.
    According to the rep, Acura has a program where they forgive or "eat" the cost. I myself don't want to or have the need to get out of my current lease early. Just the dealership is absolutely relentless and convinced me to go see what my options were. I'll see what exactly the drive off costs are. Would a selling price of 44800 be completely unrealistic?
    I'm not aware of any 'pull ahead' program for Acura.

The word "no" comes to mind - though, I didn't take my own advice and traded out of my last lease two months early.

We don't track selling prices, but it can't hurt to ask for $44,800.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    cgjones7cgjones7 Member Posts: 14
    What is the accurate residual on 17 MDX for 36/12k this month? I've seen both 59% and 61% posted. Thanks
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    cgjones7 said:

What is the accurate residual on 17 MDX for 36/12k this month? I've seen both 59% and 61% posted. Thanks

61% for base models, 59% for all other trims.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    countdrakcountdrak Member Posts: 3
    Hello - Is this a good deal? $628/month for Acura MDX with Tech Pack. Residual of 60% and MF of .00150. He told me the best dealer price he could do was $48000 if I financed. This is 39/12K and $3500 towards cap cost. I thought it was a little expensive but this was sales tax, bank acqusition fee all rolled in.

Thanks!
  • Options
    countdrak said:

Hello - Is this a good deal? $628/month for Acura MDX with Tech Pack. Residual of 60% and MF of .00150. He told me the best dealer price he could do was $48000 if I financed. This is 39/12K and $3500 towards cap cost. I thought it was a little expensive but this was sales tax, bank acqusition fee all rolled in.

Thanks!

Base MF is .00136.

What is the MSRP and selling price, for the lease?

What state and tax rate?

Any other cash due at signing, beyond the $3500 for cap reduction?

We don't recommend the cap reducttion - that money is lost if the car is stolen or totaled.

Read back through the last page or two of this discussion to see what others have been able to negotiate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    countdrakcountdrak Member Posts: 3
    Michaell said:

countdrak said:

Thanks!

Base MF is .00136.

What state and tax rate?

We don't recommend the cap reducttion - that money is lost if the car is stolen or totaled.

Read back through the last page or two of this discussion to see what others have been able to negotiate.

Thank you! This is state of NY. I think my tax rate is 7.375% I wasn't planning on putting any money down. I also noticed that Acura has a special for $439/month. http://www.acura.com/tools/shopping/CurrentOffersFinance.aspx?model=MDX

I was wondering why there is such a huge difference.
  • Options
    countdrak said:

Michaell said:

countdrak said:

Thanks!

Base MF is .00136.

What state and tax rate?

Thank you! This is state of NY. I think my tax rate is 7.375% I wasn't planning on putting any money down. I also noticed that Acura has a special for $439/month. http://www.acura.com/tools/shopping/CurrentOffersFinance.aspx?model=MDX

I was wondering why there is such a huge difference.
    The $3499 is cap reduction - will reduce the payment about $100/mo

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    knkfinanceknkfinance Member Posts: 4
    Hello Moderator,

What are MF and residual prices for 2017 MDX SH-AWD with Tech package in the state of Texas.
  • Options
    knkfinanceknkfinance Member Posts: 4

Hello Moderator,

What are MF and residual prices for 2017 MDX SH-AWD with Tech package in the state of Texas.

I'm looking for 36/12K
  • Options

Hello Moderator,

I'm looking for 36/12K
    .00136 MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mdloopsmdloops Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2016
    Numbers I am getting from my local Connecticut dealer are:

2017 MDX AWD w/Tech 10,000 miles/yr (39 Month Lease)
    MSRP: 51,300
    Selling Price: 49,300
    MF: .00136
    Residual: 60%
    Cash down (OTD/includes TTL): $1536
    OTD monthly price: $599

I am thinking that I should try to negotiate the selling price to below $48,000 based on what I am seeing posted here.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    mdloops said:

I am thinking that I should try to negotiate the selling price to below $48,000 based on what I am seeing posted here.

Thoughts?

The money factor and residual are correct.

We don't track sale prices.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    i_spyi_spy Member Posts: 41
    edited December 2016
    Hi there,

Could you let me know the residual and MF on a 2017 Acura MDX AWD base for 10k and 12k per year (36 months). Also, any promotion/incentivies going on? Thanks!

i-SpY
  • Options
    i_spy said:

Hi there,

Could you let me know the residual and MF on a 2017 Acura MDX AWD base for 10k and 12k per year (36 months). Also, any promotion/incentivies going on? Thanks!

i-SpY

.00136 and 62% / 61% for both 36 and 39 months

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    i_spyi_spy Member Posts: 41
    Thanks!
  • Options
    kyfdx said:
    Numbers I am getting from my local Connecticut dealer are: 2017 MDX AWD w/Tech 10,000 miles/yr (39 Month Lease) MSRP: 51,300 Selling Price: 49,300 MF: .00136 Residual: 60% Cash down (OTD/includes TTL): $1536 OTD monthly price: $599 I am thinking that I should try to negotiate the selling price to below $48,000 based on what I am seeing posted here. Thoughts?
    The money factor and residual are correct. We don't track sale prices.
    I should have been more clear.

is $48000 a realistic goal for negotiating the price of the vehicle before residuals are calculated? 
  • Options
    mdloops said:

kyfdx said:

mdloops said:

Thoughts?

The money factor and residual are correct.

We don't track sale prices.

I should have been more clear.

is $48000 a realistic goal for negotiating the price of the vehicle before residuals are calculated? 

Sorry.. we don't track sale prices.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tbenson81tbenson81 Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2016
    Can someone let me know the December MF and Residual for a 2017 MDX with 15K miles per year with entertainment and technology package? This is in Florida also if that makes a difference. Thank you!
  • Options
    tbenson81 said:

Can someone let me know the December MF and Residual for a 2017 MDX with 15K miles per year with entertainment and technology package? This is in Florida also if that makes a difference. Thank you!

.00136 and 57% for 36/15 or 39/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    optic77optic77 Member Posts: 5
    Can you let me know the MF and Residual for 2017 MDX SHAWD Advance with Entertainment package.  I am in RI.  Does MF and residual vary by state?  Thanks.
  • Options
    optic77optic77 Member Posts: 5
    Forgot to add 12k/36 months.  
  • Options
    optic77 said:

Can you let me know the MF and Residual for 2017 MDX SHAWD Advance with Entertainment package.  I am in RI.  Does MF and residual vary by state?  Thanks.

optic77 said:

Forgot to add 12k/36 months.  

.00136 MF and 59% residual.

Rates are national.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    devilsadvct33devilsadvct33 Member Posts: 117
    Does Acura allow MSD's?
  • Options

Does Acura allow MSD's?

Not to our knowledge.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    devilsadvct33devilsadvct33 Member Posts: 117
    Hi, is the MF and residual the same for AWD and FWD Advance with Entertainment? Would be looking for a 12/36 and 39. Thanks.
  • Options

Hi, is the MF and residual the same for AWD and FWD Advance with Entertainment? Would be looking for a 12/36 and 39. Thanks.

Same numbers for FWD and AWD

.00136 and 59% for both 36/12 and 39/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    dyungdyung Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2016
    I got a 39 mo lease quote for 2017 AWD Adv w/ Ent., $0 down, $759 sign & drive ($759/mo). TTL all in, sales tax is 7%, doc. fee and registration are about $800 total. Assuming MF and residual unchanged in Dec., I tried to back in the cap cost. I got $54,655. Need the experts here to validate.
  • Options
    dyung said:

I got a 39 mo lease quote for 2017 AWD Adv w/ Ent., $0 down, $759 sign & drive ($759/mo). TTL all in, sales tax is 7%, doc. fee and registration are about $800 total. Assuming MF and residual unchanged in Dec., I tried to back in the cap cost. I got $54,655. Need the experts here to validate.

What is the MSRP?
    What mileage allowance?

Why not just ask the dealer that gave you the quote?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

dyung said:

What is the MSRP?
    What mileage allowance?

MSRP: 59,340
    Mileage: 12K
    I have asked the dealer. I'm just doing my own calculation while waiting to hear back.
  • Options
    dyung said:

kyfdx said:

dyung said:

What is the MSRP?
    What mileage allowance?

MSRP: 59,340
    Mileage: 12K
    I have asked the dealer. I'm just doing my own calculation while waiting to hear back.
    Using your MSRP, along with the .00136 MF, 59% residual and 7% sales tax, the cap cost would have to be in the neighborhood of $56,100 (give or take) to get a payment of $759/mo including tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Interesting, I might be doing something wrong with calculator. Here is snapshot of it.

• Options
    dyung said:

Interesting, I might be doing something wrong with calculator. Here is snapshot of it.

I can't help you with the lease calculator .... for starters, the residual value is wrong. Residual is 59%, which is 35,011.

On-line calculators often make assumptions we know nothing about. Try building your own:

https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Hi Michaell - Thanks. I figured out what was wrong with the calculator. Please let me know if this is more in line. Also, I guess the dealer lumped in some fees and made the cap cost to about $57,755.

• Options
    dyung said:

Hi Michaell - Thanks. I figured out what was wrong with the calculator. Please let me know if this is more in line. Also, I guess the dealer lumped in some fees and made the cap cost to about $57,755.

I agree with the numbers, now.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    n3tgurun3tguru Member Posts: 13
    edited December 2016
    Hello what is the MF, Residual for 2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD Tech package. I live in SF Bay area. 36 months 10k miles.
  • Options
    n3tguru said:

Hello what is the MF, Residual for 2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD Tech package. I live in SF Bay area. 36 months 10k miles.

.00136 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Thank you. Here is the deal I am getting for a 39 month 10k miles
    MSRP - 51300
    Selling price - $46800
    Downpayment - $2000 (Tax DMV+DocFees+First Month)
    Monthly $550 per month including taxes for CA.

Is this a good deal?

• Options
    n3tguru said:

MSRP - 51300
    Selling price - $46800

Is this a good deal?

If the selling price is the CAP cost, then I get $550/mo.+tax.
    Some of that $2000 must be going for CAP cost reduction.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited December 2016
    I think so too... How does it impact the calculations? I am guessing that $800 dollars from the downpayment is used for CAP cost reduction.

Does the 39 month 10k miles bring down the monthly installment? Any issues if I go with this offer vs 3yr 30k miles.
  • Options
    n3tguru said:

I think so too... How does it impact the calculations? I am guessing that $800 dollars from the downpayment is used for CAP cost reduction.

Does the 39 month 10k miles bring down the monthly installment? Any issues if I go with this offer vs 3yr 30k miles.

If you go to 36 months, the payment will go up substantially.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    green_leasegreen_lease Member Posts: 93
    I am looking for the MF and residual (36/12 and 36/15) on an MDX AWD with the technology package. Does leasing for 39 months make a difference in either the MF or residual?
  • Options

I am looking for the MF and residual (36/12 and 36/15) on an MDX AWD with the technology package. Does leasing for 39 months make a difference in either the MF or residual?

.00136 MF and 59%/57% residual, for either term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited December 2016
    kyfdx said:
    Thank you. Here is the deal I am getting for a 39 month 10k miles MSRP - 51300 Selling price - $46800 Downpayment - $2000 (Tax DMV+DocFees+First Month) Monthly $550 per month including taxes for CA. Is this a good deal?
    If the selling price is the CAP cost, then I get $550/mo.+tax. Some of that $2000 must be going for CAP cost reduction.
    I am struggling with a dealer due to my lack of understanding on this issue.  I negotiated a 2017 MDX AWD w/Tech down to $48,000 from $51,300, but he is quoting me $609/month with $1500 down (includes everything -- first payment, $826 fees and insurance).  

They claim the the money factor is .00136 with 60% residual on a 39 month lease, and price included CT sales tax $36/month.  Purchase option at end is $31,780

Are their numbers right?

TY
  • Options
    mdloops said:

kyfdx said:

MSRP - 51300
    Selling price - $46800

Is this a good deal?

If the selling price is the CAP cost, then I get $550/mo.+tax.
    Some of that $2000 must be going for CAP cost reduction.

I am struggling with a dealer due to my lack of understanding on this issue.  I negotiated a 2017 MDX AWD w/Tech down to $48,000 from $51,300, but he is quoting me $609/month with $1500 down (includes everything -- first payment, $826 fees and insurance).  

They claim the the money factor is .00136 with 60% residual on a 39 month lease, and price included CT sales tax $36/month.  Purchase option at end is $31,780

Are their numbers right?

TY

.00136 MF and 60% residual is correct for 39/10.

1) Ask the dealer for an accounting of the $826 in fees (what are the fees for? Are they legitimate).
    2) Ask the dealer for the adjusted CAP cost. If it isn't $48,000, ask for an accounting of what's been added and why. To get to their $573/mo. pre-tax payment, the CAP cost would have to be about $48,900.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    antons911antons911 Member Posts: 66
    edited December 2016
    Hello,

I am getting quoted for 2017 MDX AWD + Tech
    39 months 10k per year
    1200 upfront (licensing, first month payment, doc fees)
    570 per month + tax.

I don't know Cap Cost, I believe its 46800. MSRP 51300
    Do calculations make sense?
  • Options
    antons911 said:

Hello,

39 months 10k per year
    570 per month + tax.

I get $551/mo plus tax with those numbers. Confirm the adjusted cap cost with the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    antons911antons911 Member Posts: 66
    edited December 2016
    Michaell said:

antons911 said:

Hello,

39 months 10k per year
    570 per month + tax.

I get $551/mo plus tax with those numbers. Confirm the adjusted cap cost with the dealer.
    I just got a confirmation that MSRP 51300, Selling price 48300 and Doc/Fees with 1st month payment 1170
    Does 1170 sound like too much?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Hi,

I am getting the following deal for 2017 Acura MDX Tech package SH-AWD, 39 month 39k miles,

MSRP - 51300
    Adjusted Cap Cost - 46268
    Downpayment - 2000 ($826 towards cap reduction)
    Residual - $59%
    MF - 0.00136

Monthly - $560 including CA state tax.

Is this a good deal?

• Options
    edited December 2016
    antons911 said:

Michaell said:

antons911 said:

Hello,

39 months 10k per year
    570 per month + tax.

I just got a confirmation that MSRP 51300, Selling price 48300 and Doc/Fees with 1st month payment 1170
    Does 1170 sound like too much?
    I now get $557/mo plus tax with those new prices (EDIT, my previous payment calc was based on 36 months; I've updated it to be for 39 months)

Pretty close to your quote of $551/mo plus tax.

.00136 and 60% for 39/10.

Ask for a full accounting of the $1170 - if the dealer doesn't want to share, that may be a dealer you don't want to work with.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator