Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Crew - Meet The Members

Comments

• Kate - while I can't comment on the comments about other manufacturers, please know that you are making me laugh on a regular basis. Keep it up!!!

Note however, it can be difficult for me to "handle" each concern sent to me. I can make sure that the right folks get involved with your issues, but please, call the 800 number to get a case started (1-800-SUBARU3). The Reps. are great and really want to help. They will need to know what your dealer has said, so have the dealer check out any concerns first or during the problem.

This has turned out to be one of my most rewarding and fun aspects of working at Subaru. I do not want to let ANYONE down, but, I may need some help from you.

You may hear the term "The Subaru Difference" coming from your dealers and others in the near future. We are very committed to your satisfaction and have a lot in the works to help make your experience better.

I hope to continue to satisfy everyone of you here, because you really are important to us. Sometimes, though, I know it is not enough. Bear with us through this process and I think you'll end up okay!!
  • lucien2lucien2 Posts: 2,984
    We're loving it too! I will definitely make another trip up, probably for a short shifter, in the near future. Actually, I think Kirsten might want to come after hearing about Rallispec. Either way, I will surely take you up on your offer!!

Nice lobby, BTW, and pretty good pie over at King of Pizza, at least as far as by-the-slice goes.
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,657
    We enjoy having you onboard too. I just hope some (actually all!) of our suggestions make it into production. The sooner the better!

Bob
  • thecatthecat Posts: 528
    Patti - I would like to reiterate that I find some level of comfort in the knowledge that a rep. from SOA is taking a direct interest in, and participates in, this user group. Although I haven't had the occasion to call upon you, it's nice to know that I "have an ace up my sleeve" if it ever becomes necessary.

Juice - You have let me down! No heated seats? Man, what the heck are you thinking about? They're the best thing since sliced bread. An absolute "gotta have". Get on the stick bud! Man, it's like finding out Superman doesn't have X-ray vision :))
    ..are popular in TX. Know why? Down there they are marketed as "back warmers" in case your back gets sore driving those long distances (!). Wonder how the dealer justifies the heated mirrors and other stuff that gpoes with "cold weather" packages...
  • FrankMcFrankMc Posts: 228
    that Patti has been a tremendous asset to this board, and I hope that we (the board participants) will do everything possible to make sure that we help out Patti so it doesn't become overwhealming to her.

Frank
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Loosh - let me know next time you ride up to Rallispec. It would be cool to check it out.

Hop over to Mods to talk about the shifter.

X-ray vision? I'd settle for Lasik so I can get rid of these contacts!

It's almost a shame Sandy is so reliable. Almost.

-juice
  • alingaling Posts: 598
    Ken, as mentioned in my previous message, here is the press release: http://www.edmunds.com/edweb/about/press/cnetandedmunds.html

Also, here's another about Edmunds teaming up with Sprint: http://www.edmunds.com/edweb/about/press/edmundsandsprint.html

Both look promising! Enjoy!
    in the Wheels section of today's Vancouver Sun. Half of the very positive article was about the H6 wagons. The only problem that they mentioned, and has been discussed here, is the high price of the VDC wagon. It is about CDN$4K more than for the VDC + admittedly superb McIntosh audio system.

BTW, the article mentioned that Subaru believes that the H6 engine is as smooth as the BMW I6 engine. I think that would actually be a fair statement, although the I6 just feels and sounds different.

Drew/aling
    Townhall Community Leader/Vans Conference
    Can't wait to drive one and find out for myself.

Boxers usually growl, in-line 6's tend to be smooth and quiet (though there are packaging trade-offs). We'll see.

-juice
  • Thank you for what you do.

It is exceptionally refreshing for organizations to have an interest in their clients that goes further than merely having their names in a CRM database. That personal touch is far better than getting a computer generated letter.

No product is perfect, but your approach goes a long way to keep people happy with their purchases.

Daniel
    Hey all,

what do you think of the new Ford Mondeo? It looks very tasty to me! Too bad it won't make it to North America though, since it would compete with the Taurus. Available HID Xenon headlamps, and full length taillamps for the wagon (a la V70).

Visit www.wieck.com for pictures (do a search for Mondeo).

Drew/aling
    Townhall Community Leader/Vans Conference
  • locke2clocke2c Posts: 5,038
    The Mondeo is a contour. (A much better one, admittedly.)

I found a lot of pictures of the new Mondeo wagon and sedan, but no articles. (First time to that site, so if that's normal... um, oops.)

That surely is a new platform carrying on that old name.

-Colin
    ...AND, you haven't mentioned the "outbacked" Focus which is on tap. That will be based on the Euro 5-door Focus AWD.
    Mondeo looks OK. Kind of sedate compared to the Ka, Cougar, and Focus.

It's tidy size is better suited for European roads, and the handling would be watered down for US buyers anyway, so no big loss.

The sedan won't come here, but they're supposed to build a car-based SUV off that platform for the US.

Does Ford need yet another SUV? With all their Escape recalls and Explorer tire problems, seems like they should focus on fixing the current ones.

-juice
    Yeah, but they've already announced 7 recalls for that 2005 Out-of-Focus! :o)

-juice
  • kate5000kate5000 Posts: 1,264
    re: Ford Mondeo pix

I generally find Euro styling more conservative and probably bland to American taste -- but I personally like it more.

I remember when I bought my Loyale in 1992, cars were getting egg-shaped all around, and Loyale was refreshingly sharp-edged. I recall the dealer was advertising Loyales as "European Design"...
  • kate5000kate5000 Posts: 1,264
    Dan, sorry I forgot to reply right away. No, I bought the my Forester S+ at Livermore Honda-Subaru. I talked to Carlsen folks, but Livermore offered the same model/options for $200 less.

They still did not deliver armrest extension, though (car was ordered with it in early May!), so at this moment I am not recommending them. Just yesterday I wrote a very angry letter to their Subaru sales manager (after many phone calls and personal visits that resulted in nothing but broken promises). If they fail to deliver armrest extension any time soon, I guess I'll buy one from Darlene and file a complaint with SOA against Livermore dealer. Needless to say, if they don't resolve the armrest extension issue to my satisfaction, next Soob in the family will NOT come their lot.
  • bg18947bg18947 Posts: 183
    Subaru should offer a maintenance database accessible over the web where owners can enter their fill ups and repairs. This data should be backed up, kept for life, and can be used by Subaru to keep track of vehicles and ownership. The system should be able to provide feedback on current gas mileage and last 3 fill-ups like Chris' Car Recorder. It should send maintenance reminders based on last maintenance work done compared to last odometer entry. The info would be valuable to Subaru and to users because they would not have to maintain their own data. It could be secured by basic authentication. Subaru would be able to use e-mail information to the owners in the event of a recall, promotions, or product announcement. They should offer referral incentives, etc. They could also get revenue from advertising and possibly move this newsgroup from Townhall to Subaru. Just a suggestion!
  • miksmimiksmi Silver Spring, MDPosts: 1,246
    Edmunds Data Services (EDS) -- not a good name. These guys might quibble over it. You might remember this other EDS; it was founded by Texas billionaire Ross Perot. Thanks for the links, Drew.

..Mike

This discussion has been closed.