Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Crew - Meet The Members

Comments

• Thank you for what you do.

It is exceptionally refreshing for organizations to have an interest in their clients that goes further than merely having their names in a CRM database. That personal touch is far better than getting a computer generated letter.

No product is perfect, but your approach goes a long way to keep people happy with their purchases.

Daniel
  • alingaling Posts: 598
    Hey all,

what do you think of the new Ford Mondeo? It looks very tasty to me! Too bad it won't make it to North America though, since it would compete with the Taurus. Available HID Xenon headlamps, and full length taillamps for the wagon (a la V70).

Visit www.wieck.com for pictures (do a search for Mondeo).

Drew/aling
    Townhall Community Leader/Vans Conference
  • locke2clocke2c Posts: 5,038
    The Mondeo is a contour. (A much better one, admittedly.)

I found a lot of pictures of the new Mondeo wagon and sedan, but no articles. (First time to that site, so if that's normal... um, oops.)

That surely is a new platform carrying on that old name.

-Colin
  • lucien2lucien2 Posts: 2,984
    ...AND, you haven't mentioned the "outbacked" Focus which is on tap. That will be based on the Euro 5-door Focus AWD.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Mondeo looks OK. Kind of sedate compared to the Ka, Cougar, and Focus.

It's tidy size is better suited for European roads, and the handling would be watered down for US buyers anyway, so no big loss.

The sedan won't come here, but they're supposed to build a car-based SUV off that platform for the US.

Does Ford need yet another SUV? With all their Escape recalls and Explorer tire problems, seems like they should focus on fixing the current ones.

-juice
    Yeah, but they've already announced 7 recalls for that 2005 Out-of-Focus! :o)

-juice
  • kate5000kate5000 Posts: 1,267
    re: Ford Mondeo pix

I generally find Euro styling more conservative and probably bland to American taste -- but I personally like it more.

I remember when I bought my Loyale in 1992, cars were getting egg-shaped all around, and Loyale was refreshingly sharp-edged. I recall the dealer was advertising Loyales as "European Design"...
  • kate5000kate5000 Posts: 1,267
    Dan, sorry I forgot to reply right away. No, I bought the my Forester S+ at Livermore Honda-Subaru. I talked to Carlsen folks, but Livermore offered the same model/options for $200 less.

They still did not deliver armrest extension, though (car was ordered with it in early May!), so at this moment I am not recommending them. Just yesterday I wrote a very angry letter to their Subaru sales manager (after many phone calls and personal visits that resulted in nothing but broken promises). If they fail to deliver armrest extension any time soon, I guess I'll buy one from Darlene and file a complaint with SOA against Livermore dealer. Needless to say, if they don't resolve the armrest extension issue to my satisfaction, next Soob in the family will NOT come their lot.
  • bg18947bg18947 Posts: 183
    Subaru should offer a maintenance database accessible over the web where owners can enter their fill ups and repairs. This data should be backed up, kept for life, and can be used by Subaru to keep track of vehicles and ownership. The system should be able to provide feedback on current gas mileage and last 3 fill-ups like Chris' Car Recorder. It should send maintenance reminders based on last maintenance work done compared to last odometer entry. The info would be valuable to Subaru and to users because they would not have to maintain their own data. It could be secured by basic authentication. Subaru would be able to use e-mail information to the owners in the event of a recall, promotions, or product announcement. They should offer referral incentives, etc. They could also get revenue from advertising and possibly move this newsgroup from Townhall to Subaru. Just a suggestion!
  • miksmimiksmi Silver Spring, MDPosts: 1,246
    Edmunds Data Services (EDS) -- not a good name. These guys might quibble over it. You might remember this other EDS; it was founded by Texas billionaire Ross Perot. Thanks for the links, Drew.

..Mike

bg, that already exists-- at least most of the functionality you're talking about. the annoying thing is that when you first sign up it sends you all the prior maintenance notices that are "past due".

I've also heard others complain that very little, if any service done by their dealership is listed in their VIN's maintenance history.

Mine was in to fix a squeak in the sunroof and it's in there. I also had the first 3 oil changes free and they are not in there. Oh well.

-Colin
    Her "personal" page is now up and running. Check it out here.

Love that yellow!

-juice
    PS Yes, her husband's name is...do I have to even say it?
    re: XT6 with 174k trouble-free miles

Yeah right! Did hers not come with the air ride suspension or has she been the one owner who hasn't replaced it at least once? ;)

Nice page, juice.

-Colin
    Nice rims, Darlene!
    Good morning, Crew! Guess y'all are out enjoying this lovely morning. Just thought I'd check in before heading to work. Have a nice Saturday; Anyone tinkering out there today?
    Good morning, Lucien. I'll be bathing the GT, Civic if I have time. Did you get in touch w/Jeff re: shirts? He posted yesterday on i Club in the Mid-Atlantic forum.

..Mike

• pattim3pattim3 Posts: 533
    Ugghhhhh! For some reason my home PC lost my Subaru Crew log in. I had to re-register 'cause I cannot remember my Subaru Crew Log In and it's in the office.

Thanks for your nice words, all!

RE: Subaru Owners Website

I'm forwarding your information to our E-Business Group. They are the folks that are responsible for my being here (they thought it would be a good idea). Since the Subaru Owners website is new and a work in progress, I'm sure that they will appreciate your feedback and look into everything.

From what I understand, you can enter information in yourself related to maintenance. The information that we are loading into the site is purely based on dealer's claim submission. So, if they do not submit a claim to us, it won't show. The only way a dealer can enter things like your maintenance (at least for now) may require that they have access to your PIN and that wouldn't necessarily be a good idea (except - I think Darlene would be cool with it!!). I'll let them know what you think and see if they can come up with something for the future.

I don't have the H-6 this weekend (sniff, sniff - I must share). So, I'm racing around to football games in my regular old GT 5 Speed.

I'll be back this evening. Yesterday, lawyer's meetings (with trying to get our home rebuild - township permit issues) and football. Today, Mom and Wife stuff (my husband is getting jealous of my time on the computer, so I guess I should spend some time with him) and more football.

Still waiting for answers on the VDC and spare, but a lot of us SOA folks were on outside appointments. Getting ready for Subaru Academy and some real work fun. Chat with you all tonight!

Oh - and I have a dog myself. Can't have two because she couldn't stand sharing the attention!!
    my husband is getting jealous of my time on the computer, so I guess I should spend some time with him

LOL, it's the exact opposite in my household. Best wishes with the house rebuilding; I'm sure it's not fun. I don't know how you make time to deal with that, work a full-time job, contribute to this forum, AND be a loving wife and mom! Oh that's right, you're a woman -- W O M A N ! :)

..Mike

..Mike

Yea, I am sure Mike and I both have gotten the ol' "alright honey, I'm going to bed. Turn out the light when you log off..." "yea yea, right behind ya, babe." Or something like that.

I emailed him, Mike, but haven't gotten a response. Bathing the car should happen Tuesday. A good coat of wax too, since the window on good weather for winter prep is closing. Also looking at the calendar for a good day to return to Cherry Hill. Dave and Andy want me to come up so they can machine my shifter into a short throw piece while I wait. Then I could go see Patti. :)

Ugh. I hate working Saturdays.
    *sound of fingers drumming on counter top, register rings in backround*

*bored whistling, whistler greets customer.*
  • texsubarutexsubaru Posts: 242
    Well, Lucien, they certainly do sell the Forester S with heated seats here in Central Texas, but I strongly suspect the Premium package sunroof is a bigger draw for the S here than the heated seats, chiropractic protection though they may be. As I've said before, the market here would really be more for power-ventilated seats (which I understand is actually an option in some Saabs, though I have yet to see one with 'em).
    The active seat ventilation system is also available on the MB S-class and CL-class flagships, as well as the E-class. It's actually even better than the Saab's (2 additional fans, much quieter, and available with even the rear seats). This system is part of the CDN$1720 (per pair of seats) Comfort seat option. You can read more about the active ventilation here.

The Comfort seats have pneumatic multiple zone lumbar supports, as well as a massaging function!! I've tried it several times, and it really does work well, especially on long drives. FYI, even the non-Comfort seats are something like 14 way adjustable! You really do get what you pay for.

Drew/aling
  • grahampetersgrahampeters AustraliaPosts: 1,616
    I presume, given that the Merc is so grandly fitted with airflow seats that there is a reverse function to suck, so you don't have to break wind for yourself?

Cheers

Graham
    ROTFLMAO Graham!

On a test drive last year of a Saab 9-5 wagon (with the entire family, children in car seats -- it was quite a sight), I experienced the noisiness that Drew mentions of the ventilated leather seats. Nice feature, especially for leather, but noisy (on the Saab).

..Mike

..Mike

PFFFFFFFFFWah wah wah wah !

still, ventilated seats would be nifty.....
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,678
    As usual, a unique perspective from "down under" -- in every possible meaning of that term.

Bob
    ba-dum!

..Mike

LOL, but the ventilated seats do just that, SUCK!! They are supposed to draw air/moisture away from your body so that you don't end up with a sweaty back even with the A/C on. I think that many of us have experienced that here with leather seats (though I find that the perforations eliminate that to a large extent). I don't think that there's a fan speed high enough to do what you proposed though :-).

Drew/aling
    BTW, the seat ventilation feature can be activated via the remote keyfob, and all of the windows/moonroof can be fully retracted as well. So, you can actually vent the entire car several seconds before you actually reach it! Pretty kewl!

FYI, the Lincoln Navigator has a cooled seat option (literally the opposite of heated seats). There is apparently a ceramic (I think) element fitted underneath the seat surface, and this allows it to be cooled or heated up very rapidly. I haven't tried it personally, but I've heard and read that it works well.

Drew/aling
This discussion has been closed.