Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Crew - Meet The Members II

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,860
    From the software's point of view anyway :P

New name = new discussion = new posts

I THOUGHT some of those posts looked familiar as I was catching up!!

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Guys, going to need some luck this weekend down at VIR. It's our first race as a team with the new car. Wanted to thank the good folks here who have helped us get to this point. Especially helping to orchestrate my purchasing the 1994 Legacy Turbo from a fellow member in Texas almost 3 years ago this spring. It has now come full circle and the car is race ready! We will be doing the Friday practice with a sprint race on Saturday against Nissan SERs and Sunday morning a sprint race in the AM. Sunday afternoon we will be competing against Spec Miatas in a 3-hour Enduro Race.

Details of the car:
    1994 Subaru Legacy Turbo 5MT
    Grahm Goode Turbo Back 3.5" Exhaust
    FHI 4-pot front Calipers
    DBA DB4000 Slotted and treated Rotors Front
    Mountain Vented stock rotors rear
    Hawk Blue Pads Front
    Hawk Black Pads Rear
    Goodridge SS Lines
    ATE Superblue Fluid
    Hella Micro DE HID Projector Fog Lights
    99 2.5RS 16" Rims
    Yokohama A048R Race Tires
    Toyo Proxy RA1s Race Rain Tires
    Faulken Azenis Sports Practice Tires
    GAB Coilover Struts Front and Rear may swap to JIC Coilovers midway through the weekend w/camber plates
    Autopower Rollcage Weld-in
    Tekk 5watt Radios with 1/4wave antenna
    STi Short Throw shifter w/linkage
    Sparco Evo 2000 Seat
    Sparco Removable Steering Wheel

That's it the rest is fairly stock.

Adam the driver won the ECHC- H5 Class last year, 1/2 way through the season he had it locked up! He is a long time 2.5RS owner since 1999 and we started Auto-xing and HPDEing together. Great driver. Alex will be our crew chief, and we have a few other support folks as well. I'll be managing and spotting/working the radios from the pits and Timing.

Anyone in the Danville, VA area that wants to come down and watch drop me an e-mail!

-Mike
    And don't forget to give us a full report! :shades:

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Will do, I'll snag pics too :) By the way, we are looking for sponsors if anyone out there is reading and is feeling generous....

-mike
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Bummer, Bob. That's what's nice about the Forester, especially with unpainted bumpers that fix themselves. Mine is fine.

The Miata, on the other hand...I'm sure I got some scratches when I got it out. Had to rock it, a lot, and this is after it had been stuck for 8 days!

I let it melt as much as I could, then carved a narrow path, but I had to back out up a slight incline.

After having lots of clearance, AWD, and snow tires, going to RWD with all seasons 4" off the ground is pretty much the opposite - horrible in these conditions.

-juice
    Good luck, mike.

I'm sorta helping coach my daughter's hoops team, mostly because I want to start my own team with my son later on. She plays Sat. afternoon. They're pretty good, too, haven't lost a game yet. :shades:

-juice
  • kenskens Posts: 5,869
    Bummer, Bob. Can the dent be pushed out from the inside of the bumper?

Ken
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,661
    I don't know. It's kinda hard to get at.

Bob
    A heat gun and a toilet plunger. :D

-juice
    If you can't pull the dent OUT, maybe push everything else IN? :P

This would have the added benefit of reducing the silhouette of your car, making it more aerodynamic! LOL

• fandcfandc MinnesotaPosts: 49
    You've got road racing? We're still ice racing up here, it won't be warm enough for road racing for another two months! :cry:

http://tinyurl.com/38j6r9

Spot the Subaru out there.
    Nice stuff on those Ice Racing pics. We have to trek all the way down to VA for winter road racing. LRP doesn't open til late march/early april.

-mike
  • bat1161bat1161 Posts: 1,784
    Hey Mike,

Best of Luck to you, Adam, Alex, and the rest of your team. Have a safe trip down there.

Mark
    Interesting, I went to check out how 98 Foresters are priced, and the one surprise was how many miles most of them have - most are well over 100k miles, and one is over 200k!

I guess 92k miles in my case is "low miles".

Not actively selling until April, probably, as I have to see the 08 Tribeca at the NY Auto Show before I decide what I'm gonna do.

The Fence is safe, for now.

-juice

I may be late...my daughter is in a play today with her Brownies Troop. I'll try to make it.

-juice
    We'll keep the pizza warm and a beer cold for you! :P

Good, 'cause I like cold pizza but not warm beer! :shades:

-juice
    Cold pizza... the perfect breakfast food!

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,206
    They don't make them like they used to:

link

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

That might be a good thing. ;)

-juice
  • tsytsy Posts: 1,551
    Good luck Mike! It's a bummer you guys don't come out to the left coast!

tom
  • tsytsy Posts: 1,551
    Sorry about the bumper, Bob. :(

They have body guys that specialize in repairing those plastic bumper covers that get dented like that- maybe they can "pop" yours out?

I tried the hair dryer thing and trying to push the dent out from the inside-it didn't work- that plastic is really tough!

I heard a heat gun might do the trick though. But I was worried about the paint with the heat gun so I didn't try it.

tom
  • hypovhypov Posts: 3,068
    Heatgun from the inside of the bumper.

I would wait for summer to roll around and let the bumper bake out in the sun, then rub the dent out.

-Dave
    I will repeat, hair dryer and a toilet plunger. ;)

But seriously, maybe some sort of suction to pull the dent out? Bob said access to the back of the bumper was impeded.

-juice
  • hypovhypov Posts: 3,068
    I must have missed a pic of the bumper.

Anyway, removing the bumper will avail access ti its back.
    I still think letting it bake in the sun would work better as the entire bumper will be at the same temp.

-Dave
  • hondafriekhondafriek Ottawa CanadaPosts: 2,924
    If the bumper is not broken the dent will likely come out but expect the paint to crack when it does come, I second the advice to wait for hot weather before attempting anything.

Cheers Pat.
    Well, so far we are having issues :(

A stuttering problem on the legacy we had about 2 years ago came back. Could be a problem with the TPS, IAC, or some other ignition issue. We ordered up new plugs, wires, and fuel filter, disconnected the TPS and took it down the road, no issue, we'll see how it goes during the morning practice.

-mike
  • lucien2lucien2 Posts: 2,984
    It's p-p-p-p-aisan, coming to p-p-p-p-pound us!

:P

Good luck getting the stutter fixed!
    Picked up Fuel filter, plugs and wires tonight so we'll swap them in tomorrow, also had to JB welded a crack in the downpipe that developed after we pulled it onto the trailer.

-mike