Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Crew - Meet The Members II

Comments

• rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,679
    edited December 2012
    Time for our annual $100K garage-stuffer X-Mas wish list!

Keeping it simple, my choices are:

• AWD BMW 335ix (w/Technology, Cold-weather and Premium packages); ~ $55K
    • Ram crew cab 4x4 pickup (mid-level trim with Rambox option, V6/8-speed automatic, navigation); ~ $45K

Those are my choices for this year. What's yours?

Note there is nary a Subaru on my list!

Bob
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Be sure to wait a couple of months so you can get the 6'4" bed instead of the 5'7" bed. Are you going for the full air suspension too?

Me...
    - 2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 dually, SLT trim, 385/850 Cummins, Aisin tranny - about $58K (not available til spring 2013)
    - 2013 Chrysler 300 Luxury Series, V6/8 speed, AWD - $42K

kcram - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Host
  • grahampetersgrahampeters AustraliaPosts: 1,616
    G'day

Can I go second hand or does it have to be new?

Cheers

Graham
  • colin_lcolin_l Posts: 591
    Audi Q7 3.0TDI Quattro with premium plus, rear entertainment, rear heated seats, towing package = $61K

Dodge Challenger R/T with hemi, track pack, leather, xenon headlamps = $36k

Yamaha TT-R110E = $2k

I don't think my son is quite tall enough for the Yamaha yet, but he's definitely bigger than a 50cc mini. (49" tall, turns six in February.) My wife Arika would love a Q7 to replace her Suzuki G-V. :shades:

And the Challenger is pure silliness. I don't need it, but if I bought a V8 musclecar today this would be it. Yes, the Mustang is lighter and faster. Yes, the Camaro is slightly faster as well. So what? :D
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    edited December 2012
    Rules reviewed:

* Must be available by Xmas (Dec 25)
    * Must be new

Let me think....

Wife is happy so 2014 Forester. Oh wait, the rules. 2013. If I could pre-pay for a 2014 we would do that and wait.

People mover? I don't think the big Santa Fe is here, yet, so gimme a Pathfinder to haul the car pool kids around.

City car? Let's see how much $$$ I have left....

Forester 2.5X Touring - $28k (using prices from TrueCar)
    Pathfinder Platinum loaded to the gills - $43k

$29k left for my toy....toss in a BRZ Limited manual.

:shades:

BRZ is a good hybrid city car - burns both gas and rubber. :D
  • fibber2fibber2 Mid Hudson Valley, NYPosts: 3,733
    edited December 2012
    Anybody watch the Sandy Relief concert last night? A bunch of amazing but aging rockers showed that they still have their stuff (well, at least most of it...).
    edited December 2012
    Q7 is a very nice ride, as is the smaller Q5.

Funny how popular the Q7 and Cayenne are, yet the similar (and cheaper!) Touareg can't be given away.

Bob
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,524
    New, Graham!
    2010 Subaru Forester, 2011 Ford Fiesta, 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup, 1974 Ford Pinto Wagon
    edited December 2012
    I'm with you on the BRZ: Limited, manual, Dark Grey Metallic. Add a winterization on it (not that I'd abuse it like that, except for ice track days), and I'm at $29K.

Additionally....

MINI Countryman S ALL4, manual, in Bronze, with some goodies, $35K.

VW Jetta SportWagen TDI, manual, in Toffee, with some goodies, $30K.

That only comes to $94K, but what can I say... I'm easy to please.

Sadly, I suspect my wife would claim the MINI as her own. That's okay, though. I do get to steal her car every once in a while.... Snow day!!! :shades:
    2010 Subaru Forester, 2011 Ford Fiesta, 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup, 1974 Ford Pinto Wagon
  • ladywclassladywclass Posts: 1,684
    noticed that someone up there wasn't even mentioning he'd share the BRZ .... hmmmmm (sadly, they forget ....)
    Who.... me?! That's because I WOULDN'T!!! :P
    Okay, maybe... maybe I would. :blush:
  • tsytsy Posts: 1,551
    Hi Everyone

It took me a while to figure out where Edmunds moved the forums!

If I don't get back before Christmas here's to wishing everyone a merry and safe Christmas!

With inflation maybe we should increase the limit??? ;)

IF we have to stay at a mere $100k, then I'd like:

Toyota Land Cruiser $78k

Toyota Prius to offset the fuel costs of the Land Cruiser???
    Not really sure what to do with the other $22k. :(

(BRZ is a great choice too! ;) I took mine out for an Autocross practice in the rain a few weeks ago- it was too much fun!)

Be safe everyone!

Tom
    If the TLC came with a nice diesel engine, I might be able to justify putting it on my list. I almost put a diesel SUV on there in place of the MINI and Jetta wagon, but darn it, I just really want a MINI. :blush:
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,001
    It took me a while to figure out where Edmunds moved the forums!

We're what's hot now. :shades:

New rides? Prius v, Miata and some new road/mtn bikes to play with. So, $60k for the cars tricked out and $40k for the bikes at $10k each. Perfect. :)

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

That only comes to $94K

Save the $6,000 for tires. ;)
    The B9 Scrambler is ours and we're not sharing with anyone else!
    edited December 2012
    Toyota Prius to offset the fuel costs of the Land Cruiser???

Funny! :D

Or maybe $22k for gas money.
    Hahaha! If only you were kidding.... :sick:
  • colin_lcolin_l Posts: 591
    Toyota Land Cruiser $78k

This number is just mind boggling since my dad had a FJ LandCruiser for 10 years when I was a growing up, and it was a cheap, army jeep-like, no frills offroad machine.

I know the LandCruiser has been a luxury SUV for a long, long time. But $78k-- sheesh, what does the Lexus version fetch??
  • dcm61dcm61 Posts: 1,467
    A fool and his money with soon be parted.

I paid $13K for my '88 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4. I doubt you can touch one now for under $33K. OUCH.
    In the CCB thread someone got a Ram Hemi for under $20k. It's possible if you really look and keep out of the options.
  • hammerheadhammerhead Posts: 889
    edited December 2012
    My kids are parade-bound!

(from the Facebook posting a couple hours ago):

"It is our privilege to announce that the Central Valley High School Marching Band and Colorguard have been invited by the 2013 Presidential Inaugural Committee to represent the great state of Washington in next month’s Inaugural Parade in Washington D.C.

The band will depart January 17th and stay in Baltimore, MD while they perform at the Presidential Inaugural Heritage Music Festival in Brooklyn Park, Maryland and march in the world televised Presidential Parade on Monday, January 21st!

The band will perform a series of patriotic tunes including When Johnny Comes Marching Home, Shenandoah, Battle Cry of Freedom and the Battle Hymn of the Republic. Follow the band as they prepare for this amazing opportunity to represent the state, our great Spokane Valley community and of course the “best in the west,” Central Valley High School on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cvmarchingband.

This promises to be an experience of a lifetime for our talented students. Congratulations!!!"
  • fibber2fibber2 Mid Hudson Valley, NYPosts: 3,733
    edited December 2012
    Excellent!! What a wonderful experience for your kids. Cannot beat that kind of day away from school!!

We finished our season with the annual awards ceremony last week, delayed several times by weather. Our last outing was in early November at MetLife Stadium (Giant's Stadium) at the Meadowlands in NJ for the USB (Eastern States) two day Championships where we finished in 3rd place. Overall a decent season.

On a sad note, we just barely beat Newtown at a meeting in Danbury, CT back in September, and placed a few points above them at MetLife. We sat just behind their parent 'block' them in Danbury. A tight-knit community of upstanding citizens.
    The inauguration event has become a symbol of American government's wanton waste. A damn shame, really.

Congratulations to your young ones nonetheless!
    Cool, congrats. Ping us with a reminder the day before, will ya?
    Excellent! It's great to be honored for such an important event. You are proud, and rightly so. :)

Bob
  • Reminders forthcoming.
    Now the fun part begins, starting with security: Vital statistics & photos of 136 kids to be electronically sent to the feds by 1/31. Recruiting parents with HD digital cameras to have group photo shoots this week and next. Of course, this all comes 2 days after Christmas break starts. :sick:
  • lilbluewgn02lilbluewgn02 PAPosts: 1,085
    Paul, congrats to you and your band on this true honor...definitely a trip to remember!

As for the 100k think, I need to split between old and new
    New: a BRZ - $25k
    Old: a 1970-1972 numbers matching 911S - $75-80k
  • hondafriekhondafriek Ottawa CanadaPosts: 2,925
    Now guys believe me when I say I really really like you, and I believe in sharing, but, I wish to hell you would keep your miserable weather systems south of the border. We are under a severe winter storm warning :cry: with 30 centimeters or more of mixed snow and freezing rain :sick: , courtesy of a Colorado low.

Cheers Pat.
    I would love weather like that right about now! -40 here. The good news is that the predicted low for tonight is up to a paltry -58F (-50C), up from -62 earlier today. :shades: