Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Dakota Owners - Meet the Members

Comments

• steve234steve234 Posts: 460
    Watch it. Anyone who knows the who the Bowery Boys are, shouldn't admit it.
  • pomycpomyc Posts: 28
    Hi everyone, name is Chris. Been lurking in the site for about a year now, on occasion I will post a message but most of my questions are addressed by others - this is a great source of information. Anyway, I have a 2000 Dakota Club Cab, 4.7L/Auto/4x4/3.55/SLT/white with driftwood. I live in Denver, Colorado and really love my truck. Hoping to continue to learn and contribute when possible.
  • bookittybookitty Posts: 1,303
    Hi Chris and welcome. Don't be a stranger. We are always happy to hear from "new" troops.

Bookitty
  • ibhottubnibhottubn Posts: 29
    hi all,

My name is TOM, my QUAD has finally arrived & i have pics to share with you !!!! My previous truck is a 1992 dakota clubcab with 5.2/v8. it now has 144,000 miles & is still going great.

i guess, it shows, if you take care of your truck, it will last !!!! below is the link to my pics, thanks for all the great info.

tom !!!!!!!!!1

http://hometown.aol.com/ibsknydipn/

• Nice looking Quad Tom. The white and grey two-tone really looks good together. The link below has a few (old) shots of my Quad. Unfortunately, my digital camera is not of the same quality as yours, but you get the idea...

Enjoy your toy!

Happy Quadin'

fat_fenders

http://www.geocities.com/fat_fenders/quad.html

thanks mike,

they really are great trucks, my co-workers keep saying, for a truck, it sure is an attention getter !!! i installed the advance 2 piece folding cover last saturday & really like it !! i'll get updated pics soon !!!!!!!1

tom !!!!!!!!11
    Tom, welcome aboard and good luck with your new Quad. The truck looks wonderful, and the photos really are very professional looking. It will be nice having you contribute your ideas to the Owners page and the forum.

Bookitty
  • ferousferous Posts: 226
    Welcome Tom. Nice clear pictures of your sharp truck. Must me a spot on your camera lens, cause the license plate is really fuzzy. :)
    thanks norm & thad !!!!!!
  • mailman54mailman54 Posts: 111
    Great pics, but where are the pics of the 92? Just kidding. I've still got my 91 Dakota also, but it only has 110k on it. Love that 5.2, but I think you will love the 4.7 even more. Time will tell.

Mailman
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,032
    Please take a look at Owner's Club Changes to offer your opinion.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

If you've noticed that the discussion list looks really weird...I know. It will be repaired shortly, but we need to investigate first why it happened. Everything should be working okay...so just ignore that woman behind the curtain. :-)

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

THANKS JIM,

THIS QUAD IS VERY MUCH BETTER THAN MY OLD CLUB CAB, I'M HAVING ALOT OF FUN WITH THIS ONE !!1

TOM !!!
    Karen, what woman? How did I miss a woman, even one behind a screen? Is it old age, too much time on the Internet, or perhaps a combination? So, just who is this mysterious lady and where is she hiding?

Bookitty
  • spike50spike50 Posts: 481
    May be I'm missing the joke but its a line out the Wizard of Oz. Been a long day.
    Some of you will notice that your messages from yesterday no longer exist. There was a major hiccup in the system last evening. Edmunds.com apologizes sincerely for the difficulties this situation poses. Please rest assured that every effort is being expended to rectify this matter as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• towmantowman Posts: 8
    I have a 2001 Dakota extended cab. Does anyone know how to turn off the automatic door locks? The doors autoatically lock after tuck is doing more than fifteen miles per hour. I would like to be able to turn it off.

Towman
  • skylerkskylerk Posts: 67
    Jeff, follow the instructions on pages 13-14 of your 2001 Dakota owner's manual.

If those don't work, then look at the back cover of your owner's manual and see which edition you have. If you have the First Edition (or maybe the Second Edition), then see Dakota FAQ #79 for my description of how to correct the errors in the owner's manual:
    skylerk "Dodge Dakota Owners - FAQs" Mar 27, 2001 1:43am

While you're looking at the FAQs, scroll up and down to see the other First Edition owner's manual corrections that I have posted.

I've been told that the Third Edition owner's manual is correct, but I haven't personally verified that.
  • towmantowman Posts: 8
    Thank you! I didn't notice the previous post. I will give this a try this evening.

Jeff
  • abaltabalt Posts: 4
    Greetings to all from Pearl River County, Mississippi:

After finally getting my '01 DQC, I can "come out" of the closet, hold my head up high, and say, "I GOT ONE!!!". So far after 1st tank of gas, I'm in love. Not one complaint (except for speed limits), even got 17.2 mpg, can't help but put my foot in it every chance I get, so I was surprised at the mpg's. The specs:

2001 Black Quad Cab Dakota with:

4.7;
    Sport Plus;
    5-Speed;
    LSD;
    4-Wheel Anti-Lock;
    Deluxe Convenience Group;
    HD Service Group;
    Power Convenience Group;
    Security Alarm;
    Rear Slide Window;
    Tow group;
    Cloth Buckets;

Added:
    Rhino Liner;
    Mopar Fender Flares;
    Westin Black Step Bars (on the way);
    Westin Black Sportsman Grill (also on the way);
    Ventvisors front doors only;

Now if someone would help me get the keys from my wife.........
  • nortx01qcnortx01qc Posts: 37
    The joys of the new quad!! just not enough time in the day to enjoy the open road.

Is this what your quad looks like?

http://www.geocities.com/nortxqc01/MyBlkQuad.htm

Coming up on 6K miles. No (real) problems with the truck. runs GREAT and getting around 18mpg (mix city/hiway).

Can't help get your keys back but your dealer would gladly sell you another quad for her.

• abaltabalt Posts: 4
    Thats what it looks like. Actually, I had your first pic as wallpaper for about 5 weeks till the truck got here. I did have to add the flares after.

Good looking truck!!
  • ethuressonethuresson Posts: 55
    I'm going to have to check my o/h computer, 'cause it tells me I'm averaging about 14.5 mpg on the 4th tank, and I take it pretty easy (will stomp if need be, but why suck up the petro?). This is about 50/50 city highway driving on pretty flat land. I'm going to do some manual calculations over the next few weeks. I can't see the mileage numbers you guys are getting.

This is a 4.7 4x4 loaded (but no towing stuff) and part time 4wd. 01.

I want 18 avg mpg!!!
  • skylerkskylerk Posts: 67
    Hey nortx01qc, I was looking at your web page and noticed that you have a question at the bottom about the "weak Homelink signal". Have you tried following my tips in Dakota FAQ #54?
    skylerk "Dodge Dakota Owners - FAQs" Nov 14, 2000 8:32am
    After I put a new battery in my handheld remote and then reprogrammed my Homelink system in my Dakota, my Homelink range increased from 30 feet to about 150 feet. Good luck!
  • nortx01qcnortx01qc Posts: 37
    Skylerk - I did see your posting about programing the homelink (didn't you also resolve the 'horn on lock' for us?).

I have two problems!
    #1 Now that I know there is a fix, I'll quit whining and will fix it someday.
    #2 I need to update that web page. I have added the Line-x over the rails. Even have a new page with more photos made. All I have to do is up load it. Do I sound lazy or what?

Ethuresson - I think I might be able to help with your mpg. This truck likes to show its stuff. You need to 'stomp it' very often! Then on those few occasions when you do take it easy, your truck will have learned that it doesn't need to use a lot of gas all the time. Try it. You will and your truck will enjoy it!
  • ethuressonethuresson Posts: 55
    I can give that a shot, but somehow I don't get it. The throttle position sensor sends fuel to the motor depending on the position of the accelerator, right? Light pedal=light fuel delivery and mashed pedal=heavy fuel delivery. Period....right? Not as familiar yet with this engine as I should be, but hey, only one month of ownership.

Not overly concerned about the mileage, I knew what I was buying, but I certainly want the most efficiency possible.
    This week's topic:

My vehicle is better than yours because....

Brag about your ride on Tuesday, May 8, 5-6pm PT/8-9pm ET in the new News & Views Weekly Chat

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• dragonhawkdragonhawk Posts: 26
    Finally! After more than a year of quadwaiting in Korea, we returned to the states last week and immediately took delivery of our QC. Here are the gory details:

Personal Stuff: My name is Dwight, Army officer, wife and two sons. Hometown Marquette, Mich; but will live in Carlisle PA for the next year.

Quad Stuff: Silver 01 Sport Plus 4x4. 4.7L V-8, 5-Sp, 3.92, LSD, Skid Plates, HD Svc, Eng Blk Htr, Sliding Rear Window, CD/Cass/Eq. No power windows, locks etc. Purchased for Invoice minus rebates ($21.9k) at John Ryan, Inc in Green Bay Wis; I'm very happy with them and with the truck (600 miles so far). Also have RollnLock and Bed Rug that I got from "Sport Truck Solutions"--also a good source.
    Dwight, sounds like a beautiful truck. Winter has just become more managable in Carlisle as well as in the UP. Welcome back, good luck and enjoy your truck.

Bookitty
  • spike50spike50 Posts: 481
    dragonhawk - I was wondering where you got to. Congrats on the QC. Now that you're back in Carlisle, you'll be hearing about those kids at the import car shows. Have to admit that I was at the last one with my two sons just to look. My oldest told me to stop looking so much as the "show" girls struck some provocative poses on car hoods for pics. Anyway that and some other things lead the kids to block off Rt. 11, pouring the bleach all over the road to videotape burn-outs.

Maybe we'll be seeing each other. I'm in Dauphin Co. Mine is the Light Driftwood (silver-ish).
This discussion has been closed.