Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Dakota Owners - Meet the Members

Comments

• steve234steve234 Posts: 460
    Watch it. Anyone who knows the who the Bowery Boys are, shouldn't admit it.
  • pomycpomyc Posts: 28
    Hi everyone, name is Chris. Been lurking in the site for about a year now, on occasion I will post a message but most of my questions are addressed by others - this is a great source of information. Anyway, I have a 2000 Dakota Club Cab, 4.7L/Auto/4x4/3.55/SLT/white with driftwood. I live in Denver, Colorado and really love my truck. Hoping to continue to learn and contribute when possible.
  • bookittybookitty Posts: 1,303
    Hi Chris and welcome. Don't be a stranger. We are always happy to hear from "new" troops.

Bookitty
  • ibhottubnibhottubn Posts: 29
    hi all,

My name is TOM, my QUAD has finally arrived & i have pics to share with you !!!! My previous truck is a 1992 dakota clubcab with 5.2/v8. it now has 144,000 miles & is still going great.

i guess, it shows, if you take care of your truck, it will last !!!! below is the link to my pics, thanks for all the great info.

tom !!!!!!!!!1

http://hometown.aol.com/ibsknydipn/

• Nice looking Quad Tom. The white and grey two-tone really looks good together. The link below has a few (old) shots of my Quad. Unfortunately, my digital camera is not of the same quality as yours, but you get the idea...

Enjoy your toy!

Happy Quadin'

fat_fenders

http://www.geocities.com/fat_fenders/quad.html

thanks mike,

they really are great trucks, my co-workers keep saying, for a truck, it sure is an attention getter !!! i installed the advance 2 piece folding cover last saturday & really like it !! i'll get updated pics soon !!!!!!!1

tom !!!!!!!!11
    Tom, welcome aboard and good luck with your new Quad. The truck looks wonderful, and the photos really are very professional looking. It will be nice having you contribute your ideas to the Owners page and the forum.

Bookitty
  • ferousferous Posts: 226
    Welcome Tom. Nice clear pictures of your sharp truck. Must me a spot on your camera lens, cause the license plate is really fuzzy. :)
    thanks norm & thad !!!!!!
  • mailman54mailman54 Posts: 111
    Great pics, but where are the pics of the 92? Just kidding. I've still got my 91 Dakota also, but it only has 110k on it. Love that 5.2, but I think you will love the 4.7 even more. Time will tell.

Mailman
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    Please take a look at Owner's Club Changes to offer your opinion.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

If you've noticed that the discussion list looks really weird...I know. It will be repaired shortly, but we need to investigate first why it happened. Everything should be working okay...so just ignore that woman behind the curtain. :-)

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

THANKS JIM,

THIS QUAD IS VERY MUCH BETTER THAN MY OLD CLUB CAB, I'M HAVING ALOT OF FUN WITH THIS ONE !!1

TOM !!!
    Karen, what woman? How did I miss a woman, even one behind a screen? Is it old age, too much time on the Internet, or perhaps a combination? So, just who is this mysterious lady and where is she hiding?

Bookitty
  • spike50spike50 Posts: 481
    May be I'm missing the joke but its a line out the Wizard of Oz. Been a long day.
    Some of you will notice that your messages from yesterday no longer exist. There was a major hiccup in the system last evening. Edmunds.com apologizes sincerely for the difficulties this situation poses. Please rest assured that every effort is being expended to rectify this matter as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• towmantowman Posts: 8
    I have a 2001 Dakota extended cab. Does anyone know how to turn off the automatic door locks? The doors autoatically lock after tuck is doing more than fifteen miles per hour. I would like to be able to turn it off.

Towman
  • skylerkskylerk Posts: 67
    Jeff, follow the instructions on pages 13-14 of your 2001 Dakota owner's manual.

If those don't work, then look at the back cover of your owner's manual and see which edition you have. If you have the First Edition (or maybe the Second Edition), then see Dakota FAQ #79 for my description of how to correct the errors in the owner's manual:
    skylerk "Dodge Dakota Owners - FAQs" Mar 27, 2001 1:43am

While you're looking at the FAQs, scroll up and down to see the other First Edition owner's manual corrections that I have posted.

I've been told that the Third Edition owner's manual is correct, but I haven't personally verified that.
  • towmantowman Posts: 8
    Thank you! I didn't notice the previous post. I will give this a try this evening.

Jeff
  • abaltabalt Posts: 4
    Greetings to all from Pearl River County, Mississippi:

After finally getting my '01 DQC, I can "come out" of the closet, hold my head up high, and say, "I GOT ONE!!!". So far after 1st tank of gas, I'm in love. Not one complaint (except for speed limits), even got 17.2 mpg, can't help but put my foot in it every chance I get, so I was surprised at the mpg's. The specs:

2001 Black Quad Cab Dakota with:

4.7;
    Sport Plus;
    5-Speed;
    LSD;
    4-Wheel Anti-Lock;
    Deluxe Convenience Group;
    HD Service Group;
    Power Convenience Group;
    Security Alarm;
    Rear Slide Window;
    Tow group;
    Cloth Buckets;

Added:
    Rhino Liner;
    Mopar Fender Flares;
    Westin Black Step Bars (on the way);
    Westin Black Sportsman Grill (also on the way);
    Ventvisors front doors only;

Now if someone would help me get the keys from my wife.........