Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Dakota Owners - Meet the Members

bonnie_rickbonnie_rick Member Posts: 115
edited August 2014 in Dodge
general introductions including the specifics of
your truck!

Bonnie Rick
Conferences Manager, Town Hall
Edmunds.com

Comments

• mailman54mailman54 Member Posts: 111
    Handle: Mailman
    Home: Hopewell, VA
    Truck: 00 2wd Reg Cab 4.7 Auto w/Tire&Handling
    Acces: X-Line spray liner & Leer 100XL Cap
  • raptor01raptor01 Member Posts: 45
    Rick Smith (Raptor01)
    Navarre, Florida
    2000 Quad Dakota
    2wd, 4.7L, auto, SLT, SLT+, Patriot Blue/Driftwood
    Aftermarket Accessories: Fender Flares, Reese Hitch
  • newquadnewquad Member Posts: 33
    Susan H
    SF Bay Area (Albany),CA
    2000 Quad Dakota
    2wd, 4.7l, auto, sport plus, all other options except 4w anti-lock, limited slip and alarm, White
    Aftermarket: Fender flares, door sill protectors, Line-X spray in bedliner
  • andy_jordanandy_jordan Member Posts: 764
    Well thanks to all of you who hung in for this owners' group.

My name is Andy Jordan

I live in rural southern Ontario

My truck is a 2000 4x4 Patriot Blue Club Cab 4.7 SLT+ with the 5sp and the 3.92 rear end. I have the tire and handling, limited slip, tow package, and most other options.

The truck has been customized with ARE LSII tonneau, colour matched bug deflector and stainless steel nerf bars and push bars.

I am a frequent off roader, often in less than ideal conditions to pursue my hobby of running sled dogs (Alaskan Malamutes).

I am an ex-pat Englishman and am one of the co-spokespeople for this group.
  • tjumptjump Member Posts: 14
    Name Ted Jump
    Handle: tjump
    (such imaginatino I have, no?)
    Home: Pflugerville, TX
    Truck: 00 4wd Quad Cab 4.7L 5spd White 4x4
    Acces: Manik guard, mopar nerfs, bed liner,
    soon to have Yakima MTB rack for me and
    my riding buddies.

This is my 1st truck after driving small (like Honda
    civic variants) since '91 and before. Gotta say I'm
    pretty happy with it even if I'm still adjusting to the
    fuel-pump shock (hey, I know the Dak's got great
    mileage for a truck - I'm getting 15+ with my lead
    foot, but my last car got a lot more ;^).

Okay, that's enough, I'm babbling.

Oh, and if anyone near Austin TX wants to help indroduce me to off-roading, just pop me a mail at tjump@tertius.com and I'd greatly appreciate it.
  • steve234steve234 Member Posts: 460
    Steve A
    Stillwater, OK
    01 Quad in BX status. 4.7L, Auto, 3.92, TT,SLT Plus,
    Current vehicles: 91 F150 SC, 93 Shadow, 73 Dodge MB300 Motorhome.
  • hennehenne Member Posts: 407
    Robert Henne

Biloxi,MS and Woodbridge,VA as of 07-14-00

00 Dodge Dakota Quad, 4x2, 4,7, auto, towing pack, slt, flame red, pretty much loaded out and a Roll-N-Lock tonneau cover.
  • gsu1gsu1 Member Posts: 43
    My name is Wally White.
    I live in Covington, Ga. 45 miles east of Atlanta.
    If anyone in the Atlanta area is interested in getting together for some off-road excursions let me know.

My truck is a 2000 Quad. 4.7 auto 4x4. Patriot Blue w/ driftwood lower. T&H. loaded with everything.
    The only thing I have done to the truck is add a Line-X bed liner. Have not had much time or money to do anything else. Looking to add nerf bars and a Roll-n-Lock tonneau cover.
    henne-how do you like the cover. Is it water tight.
  • tpmillertpmiller Member Posts: 45
    a round of appreciation to Andy Jordan,themacguy and Bonnie Rick. I'm in central Pa with a 4x4 white Sport Quad 4.7, auto, tow pak, and installed a bedrug which I like. Am awaiting a fold a cover.
    Unlike Andy, I have three and one-half (lab mix) border collies who don't do anything they're supposed to other than herd lawn tractors, play frisbee and occassionally chase the geese out of the pond. They love the Dakota though.
  • bookittybookitty Member Posts: 1,303
    Wonderful start thanks to the efforts of Andy Jordan, Jack (themacguy) and Bonnie. If I left out anyone, my apologies, and thanks to them also.

Norm Rosenberg aka Bookitty
    Reside in Eastern Pennsylvania and spend time in our New Jersey beach home located on an island 6 miles at sea (LBI).

Drive a 2000 Amber Pearl 4X4 Quad with the 4.7, 3.55 LSD, T&H, SLT and any other junk that was laying around the plant.

I love not only my Quad, but also this great group, whom I have come to rely upon so much since first accessing this site and the Dakota topics.

Norm
  • themacguythemacguy Member Posts: 417
    I'm Jack Barton, a co-host with a_j (Andy) of our little 'Dakota Tribe' here on Edmunds. I live in Midland, Tx - home of the CAF (Confederate Air Force), oil/gas, and as you might remember, baby Jessica (from 'stuck in the well' fame back in the mid 80's) who will be a twenty + millionaire in 3 years. Both of the George Bushes lived here, and I am fortunate to call 'Jr.' my friend.

I bought the 2000 Quad off the truck (literally) from Benny Boyd Dodge in Lampasas, Tx. on Christmas Eve 1999, just couldn't wait to order. It's a black Sport w/ Agate, 4.7 auto and most options except 4wd, lsd, t&h group, 6X9 mirrors and the overhead computer thingy. I've added bedliner, flares with 17X9 R/T wheels/tires, the gullwing lid, Hothchkiss swaybars, performance shocks, front wind deflector and nice side steps / boards / tubes. I auto-x the truck a bit, when I'm not working the crap out of it in the oilfield.

Have 2 little girls, 3 Shelties - down from 5 :'-( - and 2 ex-wives. Outside of work I race, rally Porsches (& now the Quad) and play tennis to stay young(er) than my 42 years. And I like good chili (w/o beans); NM chili has beans in it. What I'd like to see happen for us are some 'meets' at least 'geographically,' once a year or so... I'm working on that if any of ya'll wants to help. I've done LOTS of Porsche & Vette meets. Anyone?
  • stvdmanstvdman Member Posts: 62
    Steven Natale
    Seminole, Fl
    2000 Quad Cab, Sport, Black, 4.7/auto, most options.
    Also own 1995 Mustang GT
    prior vehicles:
    1976 F-150 360 V-8
    1987 F-250HD 4x4 351 V-8
    1989 Thunderbird SuperCoupe Supercharged V-6
    1990 Cougar XR7 Supercharged v-6
    1993 F-150 Lightning 351 V-8
    1996 Ranger 2.3 4 cylinder (yuck)
    I have owned these over tha last 12 years. Alot of Fords, first Dodge anything.
  • jkinsleyjkinsley Member Posts: 20
    Jeff Kinsley
    Hartville, Ohio

2000 Black Quad Sport, 4x4 (part time)
    4.7L, Auto, LSD, T&H, overhead console, etc. and of course my agate interior with perfectly matching beige headliner, ...... actually mine has every available option except buckets, engine block heater and the rhinestone oil drain plug.

After Market:
    Westin Step Bars
    Westin Safari Bar
    A.R.E. "Z" truck cap

Have 1600 miles on it now and love it! MPG keeps climbing with each tank-full. I figure by August or September I'll have to stop every so often and drain some out.

Great truck and great group of guys here! I've learned much from everyone's posts.
    Thanks!
  • 99slt99slt Member Posts: 14
    Hi:

I'm Bob O'Connor from Cleveland (temporarily). I call Durham N.C. home. I bought my 1999 Dakota from Deacon Jones Dodge (Smithfield, N.C.)on 02-02-99. It's a Standard Cab, 5.2L, V-8 with a 3.52 ratio, T&H, HD Service group, LSD axle, Sliding Rear Wndw, Emerald Green. I added a Rhino Liner in a custom color to match the truck. I have 24k miles and average 14 (city) and 19 (interstate). I absolutely LOVE this truck.

I truly appreciate this forum and its members knowledge base. Thanks to all.
  • cowtownaggiecowtownaggie Member Posts: 39
    1st post in the new forum.

My name is Preston Sparks
    Handle: Cowtown Aggie
    Live south of Ft Worth Tx.

'00 white quad 4.7, 355lsd, 5spd 4x4
    towing, bedliner cruise & A/C . . . .(My work truck!!) All I have to do is keep my wife out of it!

I REALLY appreciate the info to be found on this site. I hope to be able to share a little as I find out about the diferent aspects of quad ownership.

1st tidbit . . .If you want to drive / use your own truck - don't EVER let your wife drive it! ;=)

Cowtown Aggie
  • yooper_romadyooper_romad Member Posts: 11
    Michael T. Simons
    Lampasas, TX
    I may live in Texas right now but my heart is in the U.P.!
    2000 Quad Cab (this is my second Dakota, '90 CC)Forrest Green Sport 4X4, 4.7lt, 5spd, 3.92ls, 4wl anti lock, HDSG, Trailer Tow Gp, Skid plates, T&H, Cruise Control, RAZ, Fog lamps, PCG, 6X9 mirrors and the Engine Block Heater.
    Add ons - A.R.E. CX Cap, MOPAR rear area rubber mat (a great thing), Diamond Liner sprayed on bed liner, Cobra CB.
    Soon to add ons - Flowmaster muffler w/dual out exiting in the stock location, some type of grill guard/winch mount and Ramsey winch, a safari rack on the cap and a Pro-glass Shaker hood.
    An other of the "mature" group, 45yrs. Two kids needed more leg room, still have to haul the two cattle dogs and occasional dirty things (spare engines and parts from swap meets).
    I would list all my prior automobiles but don't have the time. High spots - '70 Charger 500, '74 Road Runner w/340HP, '62 VW w/corvair engine, '62 corvair convertible, '72 Scout II, and current project '73 Cuda.
    Also ride vintage motorcycles (been told this is because I'm too cheap to buy a new one). I have a tendency to hold on to my vehicles. Still have my '85 Ford Tempo w/200,869 mi on it.(engine is currently out so that the front mainseal can be replaced)
    The Quad is my daily driver and family truckster, about to get a large addition to it's 8,000 mi with a trip back to God's Country.(Da U.P.)
  • resqmanresqman Member Posts: 71
    Bruce Ramsey
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    "Resqman"

00 Flame Red, SLT +, 4.7l, 3.55, auto, bucket seats, Agate (black) interior, power everything, overhead console, AM/FM/CD/Cassette, HD service group, Tire & Handling, Tow package, two-tone paint, sliding rear window, leather steering wheel.

Aftermarket:
    -Fender Flares (Light Driftwood to match 2-tone paint)
    -A.R.E. "CH" bed cap (cab height Flame Red)

Proposed extras:
    - Line-X spray on bedliner
    - Hidden strobe lights, front and rear
    - Additional backup lights
    - Ram-air hood

Daily driver. Needed room for the boys (7,4) who are not going to get any smaller. Needed place to haul lawn/garden supplies, lumber, household stuff. Didn't want an SUV and traded in the mini-van for the Quad.

Member of all volunteer technical rescue team (www.redsteam.com) That means Confined Space, Trench, Building Collapse, Swiftwater, High/Low Angle Rope, Search and Hazardous Materials rescues. On call 24 x 7 x 365 so I often respond in personal vehicle. I needed something that could handle my personal gear and have enough ground clearance and hauling capacity to take me to challenging environments. The team also has three boat trailers that need to be pulled. The rescue team has more trailers than we have team equipment with the capacity of towing.

500 miles today. Beginning to see the mileage creep up to 14+ suburban/interstate combo. Has required extrodinary control of the right foot and frequent use of the cruise control.

Never been a wrench head. Washed a car in the driveway with a bucket and hose less than 10 times in my 39 yrs. The Quad is changing my outlook dramatically. Find myself talking about cat-back exhaust with strangers at drive thru's and searching the web for aftermarket body mod's.
    Bruce, welcome to the club. It sounds as if you are an individual that anyone would be proud to know, truck or no truck. Are the hidden strobes used for response to emergency calls? You truck sounds great as well. Again, a hearty "welcome!"

Bookitty
    Sorry for the misspelling of your handle in the previous post.

Bookitty
  • ferousferous Member Posts: 226
    Thad Bishop (ferous)
    Kalamazoo, MI

2K 2wd Quad SLT 4.7 5spd 3.55lsd (ordered loaded)
    Driftwood w/Century Cap
    My wife has a '96 Grand Caravan. The only other Dodge I ever owned was a '74 Dart 6cyl. Swore I would NEVER own a Dodge after that one. Thank God things change.

"SAY YA TO DA UP EY" that's for Mike Simons(yooper_romad)
  • 96g1196g11 Member Posts: 88
    96g11
    George Miller
    Houston Tx
    I am a Houston police officer currently assigned to the Westside command DWI TASK FORCE. I am responsible for the the identification, and removal of intoxicated drivers from the roadway. I am also a DRE, which stands for drug recognition expert. That just means I am qualified to conduct an examination of persons suspected to be under the influence of drugs while driving.
    Before becoming a cop I was a U.S. Coast Guard search and rescue helicopter flight mechanic, avionics technician, and aviation electrician for 7 years. I received 3 humanitarian medals and the Distinguished Flying Cross. Not bragging but I am proud of that one. I have a 2000 quad cab sport 4x2 4.7l auto 3.92 lsd, white with agate interior. Modifications; factory wheel flares, spray in bed liner, stick on bug deflectors, homemade "cold air intake system" flowmaster muffler, self installed side molding(1"), I have just about every option with the exception of the steering wheel radio control (wish I had it though) and no towing package but will soon install the reece hitch.
    I hope to install the fabtech 3 1/2" suspension lift in september or october, just have to save for new wheels.
    This is an excellent forum!!!!!
  • resqmanresqman Member Posts: 71
    Thank you Bookitty. Yes, the hidden strobes are for emergency response.

They are sold as different power packs that will drive 2, 4, 6, or 8 lights. You buy bulbs in pairs of the colors you want to run red, white, yellow, blue, green. You remove your existing light assembly, drill a 1" hole, snap a strobe bulb with rubber gasket into hole, replace light assembly in vehicle. Run wire to power pack. Install switch to power pack and power pack to battery or fuse box.

No noticeable difference to the vehicle. All your factory lights function as normal. When needed, hit the strobe pack switch and the new strobe bulbs fire. You can still use your headlights at night, you just get an extra strobe burst of light periodically. You can put red strobes inside your headlamps and get red strobe light from your white headlight. Since the strobe bulb is inside the lamp assembly, you also get the reflectivity of the lamp assembly to assist the strobe bulb.

The colors you choose are defined by law for the various agencies depending on where you live. In New York, fire department uses blue lights and police run red. In Georgia, fire runs red, police run blue. In some states police run red and blue to help overcome color blindness. Yellow is typically construction/wrecker/non-essential vehicles. Park rangers run green. White cannot typically be used facing rearward (blinds following drivers).

You can purchase light bars for the roof, fog light style bumper bolt-ons, hide behind grill, and dash mount lights. The most expensive, difficult to install, and absolute coolest are the hidden strobes. What good are toys if you can't have the ones you want!
  • bigal31bigal31 Member Posts: 189
    Allen Lum AKA (bigal31)
    Syracuse,NY

Bought her Mid February (Quad not the wife)
    Married 4 yrs July 13th.32 years young no children,yet.

Flame Red Quad 4X4 Sport 4.7L
    31" tires Auto/lazy I guess.
    3.55 gears
    Heated mirrors/rear defroster
    Westin nerf bars (black)
    Mud flaps (rams head logo)
    Under the rail liner (Mopar)
    Bed rails - Black Aluminum (Mopar)
    Rear floor molded cargo tray (mopar)
    sill guards (Mopar)
    2745 miles 6/28/00

Things to come:
    Lift kit,believe it or not.33"-35" tires
    Grill guard not sure yet which one
    Catback Duel Exhaust/intake kit
    Tint windows

Just want to thank everyone for their help,most of the time.I look forward to coming home and turning on the computer to read all your words of wisdom.Anyone here can E-mail me any time and for any reason...bigalfatal@altavista.com
    Allen-
  • vmanvman Member Posts: 103
    John Vendetti (vman)
    Tullytown, Pa (near bookitty)

I'm 34, married, have a 3.5 y/o son, and daughter due in August. The new family addition was the reason for the vehicle update.

QUAD: '00 Sport, Amber Fire/Agate, 3.9, ATX, power group, keyless entry, buckets, rear slider window, standard AM/FM cassette, T&H, factory flares, and door edge guards.

Additions: bug shield with "eyebrows", door sill guards, K&N drop in, flowmaster 70 series muffler, DIY black body side moulding (Pro Stripe: M104) that ties into/matches the rear bumper, BAK rail protectors, Draw-Tite 2" receiver/wiring harness.

Still to go: D/C mud flaps, DIY liquid bed liner followed by plastic under rail liner. I'll eventually get a brush guard and auxilliary trans. cooler.

It was my intention to order the truck to my specs., but if you recall my sob story, it didn't work out that way. I ended up buying off a dealer lot and giving up a few things while gaining a few others. No matter, we love the vehicle and it will handle all our needs as the family truckster.
    What's this you say John! There are two Amber Fire Pearl Quads in Bucks County? Egad, I'm duplicated!!!

Bookitty
  • 2kdaklover2kdaklover Member Posts: 2
    Just got rid of my old home to work "beater" 88 Omni with 250,000 mi, died in the dealers lot while trading it in on a 2000 SLT 4WD-4.7, ext cab-SB , "loaded", you name it-it's got it... flame red with towing and HD package. Just 1500 miles so far. Only complaint is MPG avg 15 so far. Hope to do better after break in. Any ideas when that is? I've heard so many diff numbers. I just love this truck. My first one to be exact. Have many questions regarding switching oil to synthetic type for crankcase, transmission, and differentials. I am a Volunteer Firefighter- Paramedic and I have a much better response time(sic) but am reluctant to use magnetic warning lights. Will probably look into hidden warning lights "Walker" style. Thanks in advance for any responses. Orlando 2kdaklover
  • vmanvman Member Posts: 103
    Not to worry, boo, since I ended up with the 3.9, you'll only see it in the rear view! :)
    I thought that I might put together a spread sheet of the membership as it gets posted. So far there are 25 of us that have signed in with many notable exceptions holding off. I figure that the number of people signing in should go up fairly fast in the next couple of months.
    What I would like to find out as everyone registers here is town or area, age, Dakota year, body (R,CC,Q) engine, trans., rearend ratio, lsd? Towing? T&H?, 2/4wd?, color, sport/slt?. Any other items of interest would be of interest, like name, marital status, kids, etc. This is going to be for my reference only because I have a lousy memory fo people. If I get requests for copies, I will not send any out until I consult with the membership aforehand.
    I would like to see a meet happen in my area. If we do have one, it would be great to actually meet every body.
  • knkresortknkresort Member Posts: 79
    Kurt Wangenheim, (KnKResort)
    Houston, TX

Bought my 00 Quad to replace my 97 Ford Ranger. With a wife, 2-year old son, and 2 dogs, I needed something to carry everyone in the cab. My wife hated being left in the bed all time, especially when it rained.

Quad is Forest Green, 2wd, 5sp, 4.7L SLT with most everything power except I went for the bench seat. I have added a Pendaliner drop-in and an Extang soft tonneau.

I put 75 miles a day on truck and other than filling up every 5 days, I love this truck. It still turns heads although there are more and more on the road everyday. My neighbor bought a Nissan crew cab and is now regretting it. Oh well, I let him drool over mine periodically as long as he doesn't drip on the paint.

Good luck to all and thanks to Jack and AJ for getting this going.

KnK
    Steve234- How do you want the information to be sent to you? E-mail. I myself would like to get a copy of the list. I am in Atlanta and feel alone down here. It seem that everyone in the group is from Texas or up in the Northern states.

To the group: I have been thinking about place where our group could get together. I was thinking about following in the footsteps of the Jeep group and meeting in the mountains of Tennessee or Kentucky. They have their Camp Jeep at locations all over this great Nation of ours and they have several locations they meet in those states. This would give the 4x4 drivers a place to play and would be fun for everyone else. I am really excited about this group and the potential for all the helpful information and friendships to follow.
    I will take all the information from this forum as it is posted. If you did not mention any of the information I am checking on, you might post it. gsu1: as an example, I don't have if you have the sport or SLT, RE ratio, lsd, TT or T&H. If you don't have it, you don't need to mention it. I am mainly interested in funtional features.

As far as distributing the list, it is still early in the people registering. When we get more of the members registered, I will ask the founding fathers to give me criteria for e-mailing the list. I don't want to violate any rules or make any one paranoid.

Stats so far:
    25 registered-19 quads, 3 stand. cabs, 3 CC
    22-4.7 (16 Auto, 5 manual), 2-3.9 (1 ea). 1-5.2
    11-4wd, 12-2wd
    11-SLT, 9-Sport
  • raptor01raptor01 Member Posts: 45
    A Dakota/demographic spread sheet is a great idea. I don't think anyone would be offended if you post numbers instead of names. Just a thought.
  • pttaylorpttaylor Member Posts: 34
    Bradenton, Fl
    1998 2wd Std cab - SB -
    3.9L - Auto - Flame Red. I am currently upgrading from 15X6 factory steel rims to 2000 15X8 Split-star wheels. Any sugestions on tire sizes and makes????? -TIA.
  • iowabigguyiowabigguy Member Posts: 552
    Handle Iowa Big Guy

name: Rick Sheeres, 54 years young, Live in
    Council Bluffs, Iowa but work in Omaha, Nebraska.
    Married 30 years, have 2 daughters and a 8 year
    old female Doberman named Boomer. I've been an Electronics and Computer Technician for the last 36 years.

from the toy factory: 2000 Dakota Quad, light
    driftwood, 4.7L, 5spd 3.55lsd 2WD SLT+, Tire &
    Handling package, Heavy Duty package, Tow package,
    agate interior, fog lights, 4 wheel antilock brakes and standard cassette radio

add ons: K&N air filter, Leer 100XQ topper, Yakima
    roof racks for topper, 2nd set of 15x8 wheels for
    snow tires. Weatherguard floor mats, rubber bed
    mat, PIAA Platinum 9007 headlight bulbs, replaced
    standard radio with Chrysler am/fm CD removed from
    previous 93 Dakota CC

planned additions: Line-X spray in bed liner,
    upgraded speakers, Possibly a mild suspension drop
    with a set of R/T rims and upgraded tires a year or so down the line.

Hobbies: Computer networking and restoring a 1960s era fiberglas hydroplane and matching Mercury Thunderbolt outboard motor (back when they were painted white).
  • pfurterpfurter Member Posts: 1
    Just joined Edmunds today, I've been accessing it for quite a long time now. It's a great site!
    I used info gained from it to purchase my 2000 Quad SLT, Patriot Blue/Driftwood, Agate/GRAY!, 3.9, Auto, 3.55, T&H, SLT decor plus & a Mopar bed liner. I've added an Extang "Tonno".
    I say this site was a great help in purchasing my Quad as my wife and I walked out of our local Dodge dealer 4 times until we got our deal! We landed it for $400 over invoice plus the bed liner.
    We tried one of the on-line car price services, their offer was good but the trade allowance was very poor! I traded a 1999 Dakota CC SLT with only 4000 miles. Couldn't wait until the Quads showed up!
    The truck is super! I have less than 1000 miles on it now and have had it for about 2-1/2 months. I read where someone has experienced the truck "hopping" when hitting a bump at speed. I have felt this also. My 99 never did that. Is it the R&P steering? Also one day at an intersection my turn signal stopped flashing (neither right or left would flash). Then after the ignition was turned off the I turned on either signal and the lamps lit without flashing! This is with my ignition keys in my hand! The next day I checked them again, still doing it. I started the truck heard a click, now all is once again well with the signals. I know if I take it in for service the techs will say, "We can't duplicate your problem" and will not do anything. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    I hope to gather info from everyone on their new Quad experiences. I hope I can contribute the same.
    Happy Quadding,
    Pfurter from West Central PA.
    steve234-Here is a little more information on my Quad cab. 4.7 w/ 3.55 lsd, auto, 4x4, T&H, tow pkg, sliding rear window, power everything, cd cass. The only thing that I have added is a Line-x bed protection.

My wish list includes nerf bars, safari bars for the front, roll-n-lock bed cover, 3" lift ?, either flow master or dynomax muffler system. Heck maybe someday a supercharger. Now only if I can talk my wife into letting me buy all these things.
  • mailman54mailman54 Member Posts: 111
    Handle: Mailman
    Home: Hopewell, Virginia

3.92 gear ratio, LSD

Added factory fender flares & body side moulding
    Also have 91 5.2 2wd auto Dakota w/105,000 miles

Love the 3.92 gear ratio on my 00 4.7 Dakota, 91 5.2 had 3.55 and I was always pressing the overdrive lockout button when going up hills. No more! This thing is always in the power band! Haven't used the overdrive lockout once with 3.92
    Mileage average in the 17's so far after 4700 miles.

Looking for good rear anti-sway bar next. Regular cab does not get rear anti-sway bar with Tire and Handling Group. What a bummer!
  • snowcountrysnowcountry Member Posts: 15
    Snowcountry - from north central BC (that's British Columbia for you folk's way south)

No where near Columbia, not very British though our Canadian QC'ers will know Molsons Canadian's "the Rant"

July 1st is the 133rd birthday of our country, founded by the "fathers of confederation" at a peacefull meeting in Charlottown PEI

We won the War of 1812, we are your largest trading partner, settled our west without firing a shot, make the best beer, and admit that Dodge City, Michigan makes a heck of a truck.

These QC forums were the reason I bought the truck, figured since some pretty intelligent forum inhabitants bought a QC I couldn't go wrong.

Pat blue, 2wd 4.7 5spd 3.92 LSD Tow Dealer mounted mud flaps and roof racks

On my third tank of gas, first fill up was ugh -like 13 MPG (U.S. Gal) Third, all highway 100KPH was bang on the factory EPA of 26 MPG (imperial Gal) I think our gallons about 15% bigger so that would be 22MPG US. Hauls awesome, put her in 5th, set the cruise and anything less than a 7% grade it just motors right on.

I live in an area with 8months of snow and 4 months bad sledding, I hope I don't regret getting 2wd

I hang around the QC forums regulary, post occasionaly, I enjoy the yacking, info is very useful, seems like quite the mixed demographics.
  • carls5carls5 Member Posts: 62
    I am sure glad the AJ and themacguy got this off the ground. Great group with outstanding information being provided.

My name is Carl Schmidt and I live in San Ramon CA which is approx 40 miles SE of SF. I am a Native Californian and have lived here all of my 61 years. Been married 42 years and have two children. I retired for the Govt. 5 years ago after being a civil servant for 33 years. Over the last 5 years I have been working in the private sector doing marketing back to, who else, the Government. I am now semi-retired. My advocation is flying single engine aircraft and boating.

My QC is intense blue with a cab high Stockman shell. I have a 4X2 w/ 4.7 auto, 3.92, T&H, tow group, all power everything, sliding rear window, upgraded radio/cd and just about every other option but 4 wheel abs and LSD.

I plan to add mud flaps, flares and will be installing a K&N filter.
  • newquadnewquad Member Posts: 33
    Just wanted to say hi to another fellow Bay Area person on the list. I live in Albany, but worked in San Ramon at the hospital there the last 4 years. Just changed to John Muir. Glad to see another quadder in the area!
  • gbilhimergbilhimer Member Posts: 53
    Name: Greg Bilhimer
    Handle:gbilhimer

my truck vital statistics,
    ordered 12/16/99 took delivery 1/28/00
    sticker price:$25,455 paid:$24,000
    4x2 Sport, Flame Red, 4.7L V8 automatic 3.55 lsd.

Options ordered:
    Heavy Duty Service Group
    Power Overhead Convenience Group
    Sport Plus Group
    Trailer Tow Group
    Alarm
    Deluxe Convenience Group
    AM/FM/CD/Cassette/Equalizer with steering controls
    Leather steering wheel
    Sliding rear window
    6x9 power mirrors
    Add ons: Line-X bedliner, factory fender flares kit
    Wish list: aftermarket filter system, cat-back exhaust, maybe some neat wheels later.
  • pttaylorpttaylor Member Posts: 34
    What size tires will look best (and not rub) on 15x8 split-star wheels going on 1998 Std. Cab 2wd SB Dakota (replacing factory 215/75R15s on 15x6 factory steel ugly rims!)
  • tjumptjump Member Posts: 14
    31x10.5 is what Dodge puts on the 15x8, I doubt going larger than that would be safe w/o altering the suspension. I have no idea if different tire designs/tread patterns would make difference, but they may.
  • yooper_romadyooper_romad Member Posts: 11
    On the two wheel drive go with a 235 75R 15. These are roughly 30 in tall and aprox 9.5 wide. The 31X10.5 may rub when at full lock on a two wheel drive as the suspension is lower and of a different design. Also 235's are normally less expensive and there are more options in tread patterns and load ratings. I use Goodyear Wrangler H/Ts on my two wheel drive Dakota, with real good wear. These are an all season highway tread (where I spend most of my time with this truck) and they work well in snow.
    Thanks for welcome. I am very familiar with both SRRMC and John Muir. Both are good hospitals, as far as hospitals go :>}}, with excellent doctors, nurses and staff.
    Carl
  • quark99quark99 Member Posts: 136
    Welcome Carl and Susan.........yes, I live in Brentwood CA (see earlier post on this board)....it's the Brentwood in Contra Costa County, not the So Cal suburb of OJ fame...lessee, about 10 air miles from San Ramon, and about 40 miles down Highway 4 thru Pinole and Richmond to Albany. I was born in Oakland, grew up in the "bad part" of Richmond, and finished out high school in Palo Alto, Mountain View, and Sunnyvale, so I'm definately a No. Cal kid. Nice to see a couple Bay Area-ites here on the members board! I'm always on the lookout on for fellow quadders on my daily commute down 580 to Hayward, so if you see a nut waving to you from a Pat Blue 2wd Quad, it's probably me.
    BTW, I also take the back way home occasionally, either up 680 or 24 to good ole' March Creek road, and sneak home thru Brentwood's "back door." Great road to "toss" the Quad around a little.
    Welcome!
    and sorry that we missed welcoming a fellow Californian. I'll be looking for you on the local highways. Keep your eyes pealed for me, be hard to miss my intense blue truck with a matching cab high shell and a grey haired old fuddy duddy driving it.

Carl
    I have noticed that we are posting technical or mechanical items in the "Meet your members" topic.
    I feel that this topic would be better served by "sicking to the script" and posting technical and mechanical chat in the general or maintenance
    sections. Just a suggestion to help stay organized. Welcome all of you new and existing members.

Bookitty
  • quark99quark99 Member Posts: 136
    members. (I see dead Quad owners...)
    Sick to the script? That would be ralphing on cue?
    (Nevertheless, you make a good point...)
    Skip, I knew that!

Bookitty
This discussion has been closed.