Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Crew - Future Models II

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Same here swampy, especially if the price could come in lower than the Tribeca's.

If you look, you can get a Sienna for less than a 5-seat 4-cylinder Highlander! Much better value IMO.

-juice
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,724
    I'll do it over in the Cafe.

Bob
  • volkovvolkov Posts: 1,302
    I always wondered why on earth did it have to have only 2 rear seatbelts? I was actually considering it until I noted it had only seated 4. Every other Subie comes equipped for 5. I know the pass-through has to be to blame, but surely they could have gotten around it. Did they squeeze down the rear seat width or something?
  • volkovvolkov Posts: 1,302
    So do many dealers I think. Local guy says that when seven passenger plans were first revealed, many feel they were lead to believe it was going to be a minivan. According to him, many were also very disappointed when it wasn't. He echoed much of what's been said here. On the front lines they watch loyal customers go elsewhere when their vehicle needs drift towards a minivan.
    A thought to ponder is the fact that Subaru might not be here, and certainly wouldn't have the presence it does were it not for thousands of customers choosing NOT to buy an SUV. Instead they bought into the philosophy and marketing that a capable AWD wagon was the superior choice.

Nicholas
    Baja has very little payload. 5 people and any cargo would overload it easily.

-juice
  • jon_in_ctjon_in_ct Posts: 137
    From rsholland, "Subaru Crew - Future Models II" #16192, 5 Mar 2005 9:14 am
    NY should be interesting in that most '06 Subies will be there. I doubt the Impreza will be there, as I believe that will be launched later in the summer. Plus, with the facelifted new Forester, tweaked Legacys/Outbacks and '06 Baja(?) being at NY, also introducing the facelifted Impreza would be a bad marketing move, in that one of those new vehicles will surely get the short end of all of the marketing "hoopla."
    The NY Auto Show has been the venue for at least one Impreza World Premier (see the Wayback Machine). OK, maybe it was a "limited production" Impreza strictly for North America. But I see no reason why NY couldn't be the site for the World Premier of the 2006 Impreza 2.5 WRX.

Given that FHI chose not to introduce anything new at either Chicago or Geneva, I think there's an excellent chance SOA'll storm into the Javits Center with all guns blazing, with a mass premier of their entire remaining North American 2006 lineup - Forester, Impreza, Legacy, Outback (and maybe Baja). If people thought the Tribeca's premier in Detroit was "well attended" by the press, imagine the commotion such an outlandish idea would cause at New York, given that most of the press who weren't at Detroit will also want to see the already-premiered Tribeca for themselves, anyway.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 8,036
    If people thought the Tribeca's premier in Detroit was "well attended" by the press, imagine the commotion such an outlandish idea would cause at New York, given that most of the press who weren't at Detroit will also want to see the already-premiered Tribeca for themselves, anyway.

Bob - Detroit is THE auto show event in North America, perhaps the world. If the press wasn't in Detroit, I doubt they'd be in New York.

But that doesn't mean that Subaru shouldn't use New York as a large opportunity for a new introduction. NY is still an important show.
    jon: link doesn't work for me?

I agree that especially if the 2.5T engine in the WRX is unique to the USA, that NY would be the ideal place. Really the last big US show this year.

Well, LA is moving up, to November, but it might be for sale by then.

SEMA is also November, and that would be an interesting place to debut a new tunable engine. But they could do NY and then SEMA as well.

Subaru scheduled a press release for NY, so they definitely have big news.

-juice
    Bob - Detroit is THE auto show event in North America, perhaps the world. If the press wasn't in Detroit, I doubt they'd be in New York.

I think you mean Jon. :)

Actually Jon has a point. Maybe they will do a really big splash at NY. I hope so.

As to Detroit, well SOA wanted 100% of the attention to be on the B9 Tribeca, so I can see their logic there.

Bob
    I hope they show the new Forester, the new Impreza engine, several new 6 speed models, *and* announce Tribeca prices.

-juice
    I think you mean Jon. :)

Sorry - I meant Dave.

:)
  • njswamplandsnjswamplands Posts: 1,760
    did someone recently mention that a new honda pilot is due soon?
    From ateixeira, "Subaru Crew - Future Models II" #16208, 8 Mar 2005 10:35 am
    jon: link doesn't work for me?
    Sorry about that, two letters were truncated from the end of the URL. Try this: Wayback Machine.
    The Pilot was introduced for the 2003 model year. Honda history typically dictates a refresh in the 4th model year which would be the 2006 model.
  • njswamplandsnjswamplands Posts: 1,760
    any word on what might be refreshed?
    Have no idea as what will be refeshed but typically Honda does a nose job and butt lift, a HP bump, new rims and standardizes some items. Perhaps there will be an SE Edition.
    Worked now, thanks.

That '98 was classic, the beginning of a new era for Subaru. It was a litmus test to see if a sporty model would sell.

Boy, have they ever.

-juice
  • bkaiser1bkaiser1 Posts: 464
    Last I heard, the redesigned Pilots would be in showrooms in fall 2005...my source was one of the major car mags, but I forget which one. I do remember thinking to myself, "hmmm...that's right after the Tribeca hits the market..."
  • jeffmcjeffmc Posts: 1,742
    I would think Subaru would continue to focus on the B9 in particular for the NY show, since it is named for part of the city, after all. Perhaps they have something special up their sleeves for Tribeca, though I doubt it.
    Everyone's already seen it. They've shown it even in small town auto shows.

-juice
    I expect all of Subaru's US 2006 models to be in dealer showrooms this summer. Is there any event (other than the NY Auto Show), scheduled between now and summer, which attracts the attention of a significant portion the US automotive press?
  • bluesubiebluesubie Posts: 3,497
    Perhaps they have something special up their sleeves for Tribeca, though I doubt it.

The Tribeca Film Festival is April 19th to May 1st. They should have "Bobby D." drive up in one.

-Dennis
    I don't think so, Jon. The 4 biggest are Detroit, Chicago, LA, and NY. The other 3 have passed already.

Frankfurt is in the fall IIRC. LA will shift to November but that's too late for MY2006 debuts.

-juice
    http://home.gci.net/~maddog20/pictures/subaru/Other/06-im.jpg

• 2.5 WRX

• No '06 Legacy H6

• Baja lives!

• It appears that the N/A Baja uses the old 2.5 engine?

Bob
    WRX will be sweet, a light car with that engine, can you imagine?

Wonder what tuning it will get, i.e. 210hp or 250, or something else?

Baja suprises me.

No H6, bummer.

-juice
  • saedavesaedave Chicago, ILPosts: 685
    juice,

But did you note the "continued" at the bottom of the models listed? Could the H-6 be on another page?

Dave
    I bet the WRX and Legacy GT/Outback XT share the same engine. The WRX is their "mainstream" performance" model, so it should have a performance edge over the more luxury oriented Legacy/Outback models.

What surprises you about the Baja? That it remains? I'm not surprised, as they said some time ago that there would be an '06 Baja. Beyond '06, that's the question mark...

The fact that the N/A Baja has an "x" in that second column suggests to me that the Baja is getting little or no upgrades for '06. I mean why would the Baja not get the same upgraded N/A engine that all other '06 N/A Subies get?

If that's true, that indeed suggests to me that the Baja's days are numbered. If Subaru is going to continue with a next-generation Baja for '07, you'd think we would be seeing some minor upgrades for the '06 model—especially the 2.5 N/A engine upgrade.

Bob
    The Baja gets by far more more attention than any other Subie, in terms of its lack of sales. What about the Outback sedan? Or Impreza RS wagon? Or even the STi? None of those are volume sellers.

A case for the STi can be made as it's a "halo" car for the Subaru brand, as it draws people into the showroom. So what about the other Subie sales cellar dwellers (or is that "seller" dwellers?)?

FWIW, I see far more Bajas on the road than I do Outback sedans or RS wagons.

Bob
    OTOH, here in Boston I've seen more Outback sedans than Bajas.
    Around here Outback sedans are almost non-existant.

Bob