Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• devozdevoz Member Posts: 19
    Hi, just an FYI, my 2002 Civic SI had severe
    shimmy when I test drove it. The dealer claimed to try everything to fix it even swapping wheels from other civics and taking the wheels/tires to another shop where they can balance under load.

Ultimately they pretended it was fixed although I made them write up that I accepted the car with a condition that they were going to fix asap. They tried to say that the shimmy would likely go away with a few hundred miles driving, but I felt it wouldn't. They called me the next day and said they had ordered four new tires and would just replace them all. I later found the word FAIL written on one of the tires when washing the car ;-) I think they were playing me a little to appear to have my best interest at heart by going out of the way to replace the tires ;-)

After replacing the tires, (they replaced the 88V with 88H so I dropped a speed rating), the car runs fine. The repair guy indicated that they were having troubles with michelin tires on more than just Civic's, so heads up.

Anyone have good reccomendations on 17inch wheels and tires for 2002/3 Civic SI?
  • jimmy39jimmy39 Member Posts: 3
    Hope things work out but you should not have taken delivery until dent was repaired to your satisfaction. Now dealer has upper hand. Talk to the Salesman---maybe he or his manager can get you a free oil change etc.
  • anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    I've always had good luck with Michelins and we have them on our Lexus and the SI. My SI did have a shimmy at about 65-70MPH until about 1500 miles. It was heck getting to 1500 miles with the shimmy but it's smooth as glass now.
  • thedelimanthedeliman Member Posts: 15
    i haven't noticed that correlation. but i'll try the trick. so, leave the key in the ON position until AFTER the seatbelt alarm goes off?

i'll try that and let you know.
    thanks for reply.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Have you stopped to consider that you aren't being ignored?

The others probably have no idea what you are talking about. I've never noticed this myself.

Have the dealer check it out.
  • jessikajessika Member Posts: 5
    This may sound stupid, but - I just bought a 2002 Civic manual - owner's manual says tank capacity is 13 gallons - just filled the tank after it hit "E" for the first time - it only took 10 gallons - MY QUESTION: is it possible that when the gauge is exactly on the last (red) notch that there is still 3 gallons left in the tank?
    Hi, my 2002 Civic SI turns on the fuel warning
    with approx 3 gallons left in the tank, it is
    definitely biased to give you a fuel warning well
    in advance of needing fuel.... I don't think
    there is anything wrong with this. I am getting
    around 28 mpg, the led is going on at approx
    280 miles on the odometer.
  • seafseaf Member Posts: 339
    Yes, turn the key to the ON position until the seatbelt alarm goes off. I use the seatbelt alarm as an indicator of an approximate time, usually about 4 seconds. You can count it out yourself. In the ON position, your fan should be on too (if you turned it on), not just the radio. In the ON position, electricity is flowing to the fuel pump whereas in the ACC position, it is not.
  • redrockbunnyredrockbunny Member Posts: 18
    I had the same problem with the sensor for the side airbag. (2001 Civic EX) Couldn't figure out what would cause it to just start coming on. Went to the dealer in Flagstaff, AZ very helpful and competent. They researched the problem with Honda and told me the sensor is reactive to humidity as well as weight. They dried the car out well inside, (even though it had never been wet), and I DO live in Arizona. When they had the humidity level at the right reading they reset the sensor....never have had another problem! I did clean the carpets sometime around the time that the light started coming on, it may have added just enough moisture to trigger the sensor?? And as well, we had just returned from Oregon, where the moisture is so bad it is like living under water....Hope I have been of help!
    P.S. The humidity sensing of the sensor is not a defect, seems Honda did it deliberately to "sense" a human body sitting in the seat and not a object. Think we humans really emmit that much moisture?...guess they can sure make sensitive sensors! LOL!
  • redrockbunnyredrockbunny Member Posts: 18
    I have a 2001 Honda Civic EX. It has the Honda dealer installed fog lights. One of them has been shattered by a rock. Glass is still intact (but leaks), light works fine. I want to replace or repair the light (tried glue, just turns black from heat). Honda wants 100.00 for one light. I have looked everywhere for a lens that I can repair it with even writing Stanley Light Corp. in Japan, and watching after market lights in stores, that may have the same lense. The lense has to take a lot of heat. Glass shops can't help me either. Anyone have any experience with these very over-priced lights? I hate to have to pay for a new one, or replace both of them with something else.
  • yleecoyoteyleecoyote Member Posts: 32
    Let's just say that I work for a major tire company for starters. I doubt very much that your Michelin tires were defective from the factory and I've never seen any tires marked with "fail" on them at the factory. It might be possible that the tires and\or wheels were damaged somewhere along the way, in transit, when mounted, etc. Also could have been damaged on the car before you bought it.
    Most people don't know it, but the very best tire that you will ever have comes on your new car. Tires that are bought from stores are for the most part the tires that don't meet the specifications of the car manufacturers. That is not to say that the replacement tires are bad, just that they don't meet the original specifications that are very tight. Once the car has 30 to 40K miles on it, the slight difference (probably not noticeable to most people even on a new car) is not noticeable due to suspension wear.
    Along those lines, the tires on the car are matched to the rims. The runout on the rims is offset by what is effectively the low spot on the tires.
    I can tell you that all of the car manufacturers are very picky about the tires and don't hesitate to let the tire manufacturers know about problems. Honda is one of the pickiest.
    It is a little strange to me that a set of H rated tires that have been remounted on your wheels has taken care of your problem. If I were you, I would insist on the V rated tires, especially if you drive at speed for extended period of times. As a result of the Firestone problem, a lot of dealers will not sell you a tire that is a lower speed rating than the tire that came on the car. This increases their liability in court if you decide to drive 135mph for 8 hours and blow out one of your H rated tires.
    Even though there is little difference in H and V ratings (130 max speed vs 149) as far as you would normally see in your driving, the tire construction is different.
    I'm curious, what model tire did they mount on your car, I believe even the Accords have V rated tires?
    From your description of the attempted remedy, it seems that the symptoms would have changed as tire\wheels from other cars were mounted on your car or as your tire\wheels were moved from front to back or side to side.
    I think the Si gets Pilot tires, these are all performance and very little ride comfort. The combination of the tire and stiffer suspension will provide some fairly harsh feedback on less than ideal roads. By changing the tires to a different model, they may have changed to a model that has more sidewall flex masking what you perceive or what really might be the real problem.
    Hi,

My SI came with MXV4 88V. The dealer replaced
    these with 88H. I don't think they have any reason to avoid fixing my car properly, since its under warranty, although perhaps all the Civic folk out there can comment on the type of tires they are running with?

I haven't read any hints of a fundamental issue with the suspension of the SI.

The change in performance is dramatic, I really have no reason to doubt that the tires were the cause. The car rides fine now, although the SI
    is pretty "road-noisy".

Whether Michelin is really having manufacturing
    difficulties, I will never know. The dealership could have also been eating the cost themselves, but saving $100 bucks at my expense doesn't make much sense.

Since my car is new, brand new, this is a warranty issue, dealer is out no money. They get Michelin to take the tires back, or Honda covers the cost of the warranty. With this in mind, I think I got the 88H tires because this is the
    tire Michelin can replace that is closest to what I had on the car. I am open to other possibilities although I don't really see how I can pursue them ;-)

I do sense that there is a possibility of getting
    a few oil changes for free out of this though, given the drop in actual value of the tires.

For Civic SI owners, I test drove two 2002 SI's,
    both had vibrations. The first was a used car with 1800 miles on it, vibrating just like mine but only at about 75MPH. Mine vibrated at multiple points, felt like the tires were literally making small bounces.

Anyone have similar experiences? Anyone have their tires replaced? What kind of tires do you have on your 2002 SI?
    By the way, I should say that I have previously
    had excellent experiences with Michelin tires,
    I purchased 130MPH rated mxv4 energy plus for
    my last car, a 1995 Saturn SL2, and they were
    smooth, quiet, never a vibration, great touring
    tires, they seem to have great treadware, I loved em.
    hi guys,

i've been trying the "key in the ON position for 4 seconds, then ACC", and although it still seems a tad sluggish, the ignition does the trick. I'll keep periodic updates on this issue...

a NEW problem/question: I recently noticed that 3 out of my 4 tires have been consistently at 30psi (the recommended pressure). HOWEVER, the right front tire, I just noticed yesterday, was at 20psi.

So, I tried to pump in more air via a local gas station air pump, but the tire stayed at 20psi.

Do I have a nail in that tire? Or am I just an idiot and not pumping air correctly? (semi-rhetorical question =).
  • redsirredsir Member Posts: 34
    Just received my 2002 SIR. With only 100 km on it I have noticed the tire vibration mentioned in this forum.

This was definitely not in the test car I drove that had only 600 km on it.

Will be back to the dealer about this.

Despite this...all smiles when driving it. Better that the 2001 2dr LX I turned in. Very reliable and 760 km on a tank. Only complaint rattles inside and crappy tires...FR690's.
    You can try to get new tires for your SI or you can drive it for about 1500 miles and see if it gets better. When was your car built? I've noticed that most cars after sitting for a few weeks or more get a vibration that takes a few hundred highway miles to get rid of.
  • yleecoyoteyleecoyote Member Posts: 32
    I'm still interested in more details. Regarding the H rated tires instead of V rated, which brand and model tire did they give you?
    Also, realize there is a lot more between the road and the perceived ride and handling than the tires. Consider that the shocks are brand new and stiff not to mention all of the suspension parts and bushings that are involved.
    The reason that I'm interested in the tire change is that the tires can help cover up these problems by providing a more supple ride through more flexible sidewalls. In a lot of cases the auto manufacturers rely heavily on the tires to take care of car related problems.
    We had a visit once by a major German auto manufacturer and they asked about the different tire parameters that other manufacturers require of the tire. While this is proprietary, at least the exact specifications, we were able to tell them typically what is required. Their response, "they don't know how to build cars if they require all of this from the tire".
    We have also had one case where a major US manufacturer had a suspension problem that we were aware of. The tire specification that aggravated the problem was already very tight and the tires delivered were to that specification. Due to the suspension problem the manufacturer requested that we make available some "perfect" tires, essentially a tire that had been screened to ensure this parameter was at zero. If they had a customer who noticed the suspension problem and they couldn't get rid of them any other way they would mount a set of these perfect tires on the car. As a customer, you think you had a bad set of tires and the dealer was more than happy to let you believe this.
    This is the main reason that auto manufacturers now outsource the suspension design. It is also the reason that major tire manufacturers are designing suspensions, acquiring companies that design suspensions or are partnering with companies that design suspensions. The requirements and dynamics are so closely related between the total package of tire, wheel, and suspension components that they need to be very closely matched to ensure that the delivered package will perform as a unit yielding the performance desired by the car designer.
  • mazdaprofourmazdaprofour Member Posts: 202
    Hello folks. I wanted to ask what is the correct way of checking the tranny fluid in a 2003 civic. The owners manual says to check the tranny fluid with the engine off. This is different than what I thought. Are you suppose to do this with the engine prior to driving. The Honda guy told me to check with engine off and cold. I checked it after a drive and found it to be between the two lines but on the lower end. The honda guy checked it and said that it was fine. Any input is appreciated.
  • frankenwagenfrankenwagen Member Posts: 2
    I have taken my car (2001 Civic EX)in three times for the side airbag light that intermittently turns on. The SRS light turned on the first month I owned it. The SRS light was taken care of right away. The dealer even gave me a rental while it was being fixed. The side airbag light has been agravating. The dealer offered no straight answer on why it wasn't working when asked.

The driver's seat rocks on its mount slightly which is really annoying in stop and go traffic.

The brakes pads clack inside the calipers when stopping after changing driving directions, such as from reverse to forward. Didn't it occur to the engineers that some drivers would be doing this. The dealer handed me a TSB and stated that "they all do this, this is normal".

I think the quality of this car is very cheap but the price was not. The door panel fabric was coming off after only 20,000 miles. What the $&#* !!
  • sarahclevelandsarahcleveland Member Posts: 1
    I travel a lot with my job and need an extremely reliable car. Honda Civic is one I'm looking closely at, but would like some feedback from all of you Honda owners out there. The other cars I'm considering: Toyota Corolla and Pontiac Grand Am. If I get a Civic, I will most likely get a used one (probably 2000). If a Grand Am, then probably a 2002. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Had same problem on my 2001 LX at 30K. I asked for a fix and got the same answer.

Next time in, I made the service rep come out and listen while I demonstrated. He agreed to fix it saying he might be able to bend the clips. Problem was fixed 98%.
    I you are buying...check the resale values first.

Have owned 5 Hondas and 4 Toys. Long term, Toys are better. Hondas are more fun. Most recent is 2001 LX 2dr auto. 40km oil changes only. Yes there are some rattles that bug you. Other is a 92 Previa AWD now 260km. I will never sell it.

Grand AM...who knows you might get a good one. Don't let the price fool you. You will be buying shocks at 30K.

Before you buy...drive several times first.
    Good luck.
  • auburn63auburn63 Member Posts: 1,162
    The transmission fluid should be checked with engine off but at operating tempature. So warm it up first then shut it off and check the fluid level within 1 min. The stick should read bettween the upper and lower mark.
  • rfruthrfruth Member Posts: 630
    I plan on taking my 2000 5 speed Civic with 29.9Kon the clock (no problem yet knock on wood) in to have the 30K service done (check/adjust valve clearance, new plugs, all fluids changed etc..) for a mere $ 330.00 parts n

labor (have heard dealers are a rip-off but doing it anyway) will check fluid levels when I get home & want the old plugs back to look for normal

wear (currently check the MPG once a month & its about 40 MPG driven easy mix of city & highway) and will continue to check so can 'tell' if things

have changed but is there anything in particular you'd ask for or about ? TIA

--

Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx

http://web2.airmail.net/rfruth

1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o

1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)

2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

Hi,

Wow, I appreciate the lengthy messages and interest in my tire issue. I remember reading MXV4 and 88V off of the last set of tires. Now I have MXV4 Energy Plus 88H tires, there is also the letters XSE on the tire.

The ride really was crappy by the way, other than below 40MPH. Even when you weren't at the most chattery speeds, the tires were still quite noisy, although the Civic SI transmits a good
    deal of road noise (and wind noise) into the cabin.
  • cartagramcartagram Member Posts: 115
    With 23K miles on my '01 LX sedan, I've notice a clattering noise when I'm in 1st gear. I think it happens when I let off the gas, to up-shift or to pop into neutral before braking during city traffic. The noise seems to come from the center-right-air vent area, but I can't tell.

When parked and in neutral, I can hit the accelerator and let off quickly, and hear the noise.

It also seems worse on a cold morning. I don't hear it after driving for a while.

Anyone have a suggestion?
  • 204meca204meca Member Posts: 369
    HL66. I had the same problem with my 97 del sol. It had an older battery and did not occur all the time, but when it did occur the lights would flicker every 5-10 seconds. Eventually I figured out that it occured only when the battery charge was low. This went on for a number of months. Eventually I replaced the battery and the problem stopped for about 4 months, then started to reoccur. A check of the charging system revealed that the alernator was not fully charging the battery. Replaced the alternator and the problem stopped for good. Check your altenator and battery!
  • communipawcommunipaw Member Posts: 19
    I have a 1993 Civic DX automatic, bought new, with which I've been very content, except for the air conditioning. The a/c has been barely adequate in the Wash DC summers and I've been told repeatedly by service departments - and believe - that there is nothing wrong with the system but that was the way Civic air conditioning in 1993 DX models is. [In the DX model the air conditioning was a dealer installed option].

I'd like to replace the car with a 2003 Civic or a left over 2002 one but the thought of poor air conditioning in the summer for another 10 years bothers me. Any complaints on air conditioning in recent Civics? Is the air conditioning in 2002 and 2003 automatic Civics as good as the air conditioning in competitive cars? Especially interested in hearing responses from those in New Orleans, Houston and Miami and other hot sticky climates.
  • communipawcommunipaw Member Posts: 19
    I have a 1993 Civic DX automatic, bought new, with which I've been very content, except for the air conditioning. The a/c has been barely adequate in the Wash DC summers and I've been told repeatedly by service departments - and believe - that there is nothing wrong with the system but that was the way Civic air conditioning in 1993 DX models . [In the DX model the air conditioning was a dealer installed option].

I'd like to replace it with a 2003 Civic or a left over 2002 one but the thought of poor air conditioning in the summer for another 10 years bothers me. Any complaints on air conditioning in recent Civics? Is the air conditioning in 2002 and 2003 automatic Civics as good as the air conditioning in competitive cars? Especially interested in hearing responses from those in New Orleans, Houston and Miami and other hot sticky climates.
  • swinga7swinga7 Member Posts: 45
    Well my Passenger side power window died about a year ago, wasn't that big a deal so I never got it fixed. And the other day my Drivers side window broke, this time its a big deal. They both appear to be problems with the window track, the windows go down, fall off the track and dont go back up. I took the panel off the door and put the windows back on the track but aftre a little while they just fall off again. anybody know how much honda charges to have new window tracks put in? and would it be hard to do if I wanted to do it myself to save some cash. I'm a broke college student who doesn't want to pay a fortune to have a dealership fix my car. :(
    communipaw, don't bother. I have a brand new 2002 civic LX, which I bought right before summer started, and the A/C is absolute [non-permissible content removed]...

I live in boston, so I KNOW what you're talking about. It barely works well enough when I'm alone in the car, all the way blue, AND selected the recirculate option. With a full 5 people, forget it. They may as well open the windows for a nice muggy breeze.

dealer repair shops don't do a thing for your car under warranty unless something is blatantly wrong (like a tire falling off... or maybe they'll say your driving habits caused it =) I've taken the car to several local dealerships, and they don't even check to see if I have enough refrigerant.

OTHERWISE, I love my car. it's a very solid build quality (knock on wood), beautiful engine, some of the highest crash test ratings, solid resale values....
    by the way, I know what your talking about, for the dealer-installed option. My folks' old car was like that.

The 2002 LX a/c was factory installed, however, so there's no excuse for poor functioning.
  • hl66hl66 Member Posts: 2
    204meca: Kind of makes sense. Happens sporadically for me as well. Had to jump start the battery about a year ago after it sat for a month. Thanks for the tip.
  • auburn63auburn63 Member Posts: 1,162
    usally it is a bent window regulator that causes the window to pop off track like that. Replacing the regulator is not that hard. You could also try adjusting the window track in tighter a bit to try and hold the window in better but this will slow down the window operation a bit but may buy you some time. To do this just loosen the bottom bolts that hold the track in place and move them. If they dont move enough then file out the hole alittle. Good luck
  • jfigueroa1jfigueroa1 Member Posts: 209
    I bought a 02 civic lx a/t and I noticed that the a/c output (cold air) is not the same at stand still or slow traffic compare to highway speed or above 25mph. I assume that there is not enough liquid to gas conversion in the condenser (front radiator) could be matter of weak fans. I noticed the same in the 02 civic si.
    Greetings from sunny Miami.
  • rfruthrfruth Member Posts: 630
    The air conditioning in my 2000 Civic 5 speed hatchback works fine, you couldn't hang meat in it but neither could you in other vehicles i've driven / ridden in. Rob in Houston
  • wrobelcwrobelc Member Posts: 45
    Does anyone know who make US Honda Oil filters, particularly for a 02 Civic?
    I recently purchased some oil filters made in Canada. They have the Genuine Honda logo on top of the filter but in small print on the bottom of the filter, it states "Manufactured by Fram". I would never buy a FRAM filter and am disappointed that Fram make filters in Canada and wondered if anyone know the source of US Oil Filters.
  • krisak26krisak26 Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2001 Civic EX coupe. During very heavy rains noticed that the headliner around the sunvisors and light group gets very wet and even drips water down to the gear shift. Went to the dealer and they wanted $117 due to leaves and debris clogging the drain tubes. Thought that seemed a little much considering car is still under factory warranty, but they insisted that warranty wouldn't cover it since it wasn't a factory defect. I took it to another dealership and they said the drain tubes were fine. Still don't know what causes the leak. Has anybody else had the same experience?
  • johnwngjohnwng Member Posts: 24
    My friend has a '98 Civic. Only 14K miles, mostly local. A few weeks' ago, the check engine light came on. Took to the shop and was told O2 sensor problem. Spent $300 to have the sensor replaced. However, next morning, the light came on again. Took back to the shop and was told car was fine, just change a gas brand (i.e., from Exxon to Shell or Sunoco). Does anyone here on this board experience this warning light problem and is so, how did you have it fixed?
  • srockrsrockr Member Posts: 79
    Just test drove a Civic yesterday (2003) and noticed a definite "squeak" in the ignition when starting the car. Tried it a few times. Is this a normal sound for these cars? It sounds kinda cute..
  • magicomagico Member Posts: 40
    Which model did you test drive?
    I test drove the mid level model. Can't remember model name.

Why is it so hard to find Japanese models? Looking in parking lots all I usually see are USA or Canadian.
    The cost of importing the Japanese models is pretty high. Additionaly, companies are limited on the number of car they are allowed to import in the US so AH probably wants to save those slots for cars that are built in Japan, Canada, and England.
  • magicomagico Member Posts: 40
    srockr,

If it is mid level civic than it's LX. I am going Tuesday to get a EX coupe, I let you know if I hear the same noise.
  • firephoenix777firephoenix777 Member Posts: 59
    Not only the cost of importing, I think it's also faster to fill the dealer lot with cars from a US plant than waiting for the shipment from Japan.

You really think the place of origin matters? What about the parts? I bet those parts that were used in Japan are the same American parts that were used in the US plants. So why bother?Imagine the factory manufactures tons of cars a day, I think there's no way 100% of the cars will be problem free, no matter where it's manufactured in. If you hear whatever noise or squeaks during your test drive, test drive another one. My coworker has the same civic as mine. His car has some squeaks that my car doesn't have. And yes, they were made from the same plant.

If you're really picky and want a car made in Japan, you should request the manufacturer to make the car in Japan, use all Japanese parts, make sure they build the car on either Tue, Wed, or Thur (monday, still partying. friday, getting ready to party), and make sure those people that build your car are Japanese and not American. I think the manufacturer will laugh at you and tell you to go somewhere else. You're paying only $14K for a Japanese econobox, not $150K for a Ferrari. If you don't like buying a Japanese car that is made in US/Canada, go for a Protege or something else.
    Sorry Firephoenix 777 didn't mean to get you upset.. I really do appreciate your input and ideas.. It's just that I keep reading here and there problems w/ other than Japanese made Civics & other makes that the owners of Japanese made vehicles do not have, especially with the newer models. (Items such as paint finish, brakes, transmissions, etc.)

I realize that I am a picky person but my current vehicle has caused me much grief (timing belt/w.pump & head gasket replaced at 58k miles). The tensioner pulley on the timing belt went bad, etc........... (The dealership actually told me that the timing belt should last to 105k miles, what would cause the tensioner pulley to go bad at such early mileage and if it was a defect why did I have to pay for it? The head gasket was paid for (manufacturer defect) but I was charged for all the rest. The valve cover was leaking oil and I was charged (although a reduced rate) to replace that when a mechanich told me that I should not have been charged for this since they had to remove it to replace the head gasket. I have had other issues at much earlier mileage; oil leaks, etc. (at least two other times) Sorry to go on and on about this but hearing about some of these problems has me really scared of getting another lemon. I am just trying to get an honest to goodness reliable vehicle, one that I won't have to go broke on just trying to maintain it and the best way I can see to do this is to ask questions.

Believe me I have been told that I should be a reporter or work on safety commission. I am naturally inquisitive and don't mean to bend everyone's ear so much.
  • firephoenix777firephoenix777 Member Posts: 59
    No problem. I can feel your pain cuz I also have a lemon before. But the manufacturer has to purchase it back from me at original price plus tax, interest and less the usage (lucky me).

I'm just thinking that there're no way a manufacturer can make all the cars 100% problem free. Your chances might be higher in getting a reliable car if you buy Japanese, but that is not a guarantee. Otherwise, there're no Honda Problems & Solution Board here. Especially most of the problems will come out after the warranty has expired, which means you have to pay out of your own pocket. Also, if you use Edmunds Maintenance Guide, you will see there are tons of TSBs for Civics, which were made by reputable Honduh. My suggestion will be getting the extended warranty, or buy from those that offer 10yr/100,000 miles factory warranty.
  • frankenwagenfrankenwagen Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 Civic EX and it came from the factory with a Fram filter. It says Honda but, the fine print says Fram. Hope this helps.
  • bjk2001bjk2001 Member Posts: 358
    srockr:

Our 02 Civic EX is made in Japan and no problem so far. I don't know how Honda getting all the parts for their cars so I won't commen on whether Honda in Japan vs Honda in US share same part source or not. When car manufacturers assemble a car together, there are lots of assembly tools and technique are involved. Even two different assemblers will have different workmanship/craftsmanship. Workmanship could make alot of difference in some instance. In any given day I will take any made in Japan Honda over any made in US or Canada Honda.
    IMHO if Japanese car made in US equals to made in Japan, why Japanese still assemble most of the Japanese luxury cars in Japan?

bjk
This discussion has been closed.