Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Grand Cherokee Accelration problem

shockedshocked Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Jeep
2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo bought Demo model with
13,000 miles had for a week. When backing out of
driveway the accelerator stuck and even when
applying brakes it would not release. Left 10 feet
of rubber on the driveway and a pile of rubber
pieces where the wheels were spinning with the
brakes on. Luckily no one was injured! Scared us
all, car has been in the shop for two weeks. Has
anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Options
    pat455pat455 Member Posts: 603
    Welcome to Town Hall.

The best way to find out if others have had this problem would be to join an active topic on this vehicle. There are quite a few topics all over Town Hall that you can locate easily by keying Grand Cherokee into the Topic Search feature on the left side of the page.

It's always a good idea to look around for a discussion already in progress that is relevant to your questions before creating a whole new topic directed at no one in particular.

Good luck.

Pat
    Community Leader/Maintenance & Repair Conference
  • Options
    shockedshocked Member Posts: 2
    I forgot to mention in my explanation of the acceleration problem with my Grand Cherokee that 5 adults were in the car when it happened so we know it was not due to a foot being applied to the gas pedal instead of the brake. The brake was fully applied and the car would not stop accelerating. This was a computer problem with the acceleration device.
  • Options
    pat455pat455 Member Posts: 603
    Please read my post #1. You will get better responses if you find an active Grand Cherokee topic in which to post.

Pat
    Community Leader/Maintenance & Repair Conference
This discussion has been closed.